Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (905104 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Phorlly43: 12:35pm On May 12, 2022
Phorlly43:
I have been having issues with starting registration on the new portal, I've tried three different emails and all giving me this same reply.

They sent confirmation email but they will send this reply that they can't submit it that I should try it again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 12, 2022
I sent my new LOA to IRCC so I expect a reply acknowledging it from them, not just the automated response. Your correspondent with them may be different.

zxxtx:

Pls what do you mean hear back. I did yesterday I only got automated messages almost immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 12, 2022
Send me a message on Nairaland.

maxio22:
Yes please for a different issues
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 1:06pm On May 12, 2022
Creating an account on “OCAS” fill all requirements for you to register. When submitting your details make sure they are accurate, especially your passport details. Tuition deposit is $1,500 for Conestoga college. Only submit transcripts for your evaluation. Basically, you will see all you will have to do on the OCAS site. Other gurus might give you other ideas on how it goes about wink
Bolanle18090040:
Hello house
I want to apply to conestoga for January 2023
I want to know how to go about it
Please if you have any idea please kindly share
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by quin9(f): 1:21pm On May 12, 2022
Please does anyone have contact In Immigration that can help me process passport renewal within a month,I don’t mind if it’s outside Lagos,my passport expires in November,let me start preparing for PPR wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SIMPLIFIED(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2022
quin9:
Please does anyone have contact In Immigration that can help me process passport renewal within a month,I don’t mind if it’s outside Lagos,my passport expires in November,let me start preparing for PPR wink
Lagos contact I have is 5 weeks but other places is 4 weeks you can reach me on my signature contact
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by marexluv(f): 1:35pm On May 12, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. Thanks for all your help so far. Please can I submit my application on the new portal without my form A and then submit the form A at a later date.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 1:51pm On May 12, 2022
It's such a beauty how old monikers are getting their PPR.

Congratulations buckyfof, omariam and co

buckyfof:
PPR JUST DROPPED!!!!!

I will be coming back to drop my timeline. I'm still shocked.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DebrahOj: 2:17pm On May 12, 2022
You can have it done in Abuja within a week. Send me a private message.

quin9:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiom12: 2:18pm On May 12, 2022
Good day all, please how long does it take for ircc to respond to an application for study visa after biometrics? And also how long does it take them to request for medicals as I have not done medicals yet? Thanks and waiting for good response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:20pm On May 12, 2022
marexluv:
Good afternoon everyone. Thanks for all your help so far. Please can I submit my application on the new portal without my form A and then submit the form A at a later date.

Thank you

Could you please elaborate more on this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 12, 2022
No one can categorically answer those questions. Everyone else wishes they knew. The waiting game is a common factor. Pray for grace to be calm and to receive good news when your decision comes.

Chiom12:
Good day all, please how long does it take for ircc to respond to an application for study visa after biometrics? And also how long does it take them to request for medicals as I have not done medicals yet? Thanks and waiting for good response

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:22pm On May 12, 2022
Chiom12:

Use the below link to check how long...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bolanle18090040: 2:30pm On May 12, 2022
Teezkid:
Creating an account on “OCAS” fill all requirements for you to register. When submitting your details make sure they are accurate, especially your passport details. Tuition deposit is $1,500 for Conestoga college. Only submit transcripts for your evaluation. Basically, you will see all you will have to do on the OCAS site. Other gurus might give you other ideas on how it goes about wink
Please is the transcript my neco/waec result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by marexluv(f): 2:32pm On May 12, 2022

I want to pay my fees before sending in my visa application but I was told for me to get the form A it will take about 3 to 4 weeks and that is the only document remaining for me to upload. So I am asking if I can submit my visa application and then send the proof I have paid my fees on a later date.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yyeskez: 2:32pm On May 12, 2022
Hello there, I have a few questions that I'd like to get your help on.

- When showing proof of funds, are we meant to use Market rate (#450 for 1 CAD) or CBN rate (#335) for our calculations?

- The response time on the new IRCC portal, is it better than the response time of the old portal?

For proof of funds, the Nigerian Student Express (NSE) requirement:
"Have MyBank Certificate showing sufficient funds for your studies (CAD $30,000) , for at least six months plus 12 months of banking history"

- So when we are picking the range to generate the mybank statement should we pick 6 months or 12 months?

- Does it also mean they expect the balance on the statement to be atleast $30,000 in 6 out of the 12 months (if it's 12 months we're to send)

Please any feedback on these questions would be very much appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 2:35pm On May 12, 2022
The only one I know are about PGD or the PG. certificate, which is the university BSC transcript. It would be best to check the school site and the program you want, and their admission requirements.
Bolanle18090040:

Please is the transcript my neco/waec result?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sunkymatete: 2:38pm On May 12, 2022
CharitoJames:

Firstly, i hope you have your login details?

Secondly, we’ve seen second applications that took 7 months and there is no specific time for medicals to come.

Thirdly, you can choose to do your medicals upfront
I don’t have any login details my agent did everything…I don’t even have any documents to show at the hospital even if I decided to do upfront medical( I’m not in Nigeria so my process won’t be that long, I live and stay in china
)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amby147: 2:42pm On May 12, 2022
Some University's Accounting department usually associated with faculty of business admin.

quote author=Eniaud post=112752124]

Thank you Nikky6 for your candid response. My accounting course I did both at hnd and bsc level isn't just only about book keeping. The certification I got in both are actually accounting & finance). And more so, the postgraduate diploma is a pathway to mba which I could perhaps explore on the future. @ Lekkiboboe, pls can I have insight on this too[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:52pm On May 12, 2022
marexluv:

I want to pay my fees before sending in my visa application but I was told for me to get the form A it will take about 3 to 4 weeks and that is the only document remaining for me to upload. So I am asking if I can submit my visa application and then send the proof I have paid my fees on a later date.

Thank you

The answer is yes..

The evidence you are sending to IRCC is the receipts from the school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by borvick(f): 3:37pm On May 12, 2022
Duch52:

Hello House, good evening, I just got a letter of acceptance from Niagara college and I have accepted and I would like to know the next course of action.

Can someone please assist me?

Thank You

Pay the first semester school fees, then print the receipt from your school portal, then apply for the study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RythmicFlow: 3:42pm On May 12, 2022
Good day,
Please, I would like to find out the following:

1. Does NSE route still exist, or has it been scrapped?

2. Please, how can I get MyBankStatement for a US Bank Account or if that's not possible are there alternatives?

3. Does using the new portal affect processing times negatively?

4. Finally, apart from upfront medicals are there other things I can do to improve the speed of study permit processing?

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 3:47pm On May 12, 2022
I started my Form A process last week with Gtbank since that's my bank, downloaded the Form A and went to their office today to see if there's a way to fasten the process. Omo they said that it won't be available before my deadline (19th May). So I researched and saw that UBA and Jaiz are among the fastest banks for Form A. So do I have to open an account with them or can they handle the transaction even with my GT account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 3:48pm On May 12, 2022
nairagrounds:
I sent my new LOA to IRCC so I expect a reply acknowledging it from them, not just the automated response. Your correspondent with them may be different.

They said it there now that they won’t reply you but then you will see they have received it in your account there. So login and see if it has been updated in the additional documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 3:49pm On May 12, 2022
quin9:

Mine was fresh passport and it was ready in 2 days after I captured. It was express and i paid just 50k... in Festac, Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 3:51pm On May 12, 2022
Chiom12:

Even IRCC doesn’t have an answer to this. There is no time frame so anything you see, you take. You can do your medicals upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ebyprecy: 3:53pm On May 12, 2022
BenedictStinson:
I started my Form A process last week with Gtbank since that's my bank, downloaded the Form A and went to their office today to see if there's a way to fasten the process. Omo they said that it won't be available before my deadline (19th May). So I researched and saw that UBA and Jaiz are among the fastest banks for Form A. So do I have to open an account with them or can they handle the transaction even with my GT account

If you are not sure that you will meet deadline
You can ask for extension from the school
I did it and the school granted it to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 3:53pm On May 12, 2022
sunkymatete:

I don’t have any login details my agent did everything…I don’t even have any documents to show at the hospital even if I decided to do upfront medical( I’m not in Nigeria so my process won’t be that long, I live and stay in china
)

If you are doing upfront medicals... the only document you need to show is your passport and payment receipt. Hospital will give you a print out afterwards. Talk to your agent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 3:58pm On May 12, 2022
ebyprecy:

If you are not sure that you will meet deadline
You can ask for extension from the school
I did it and the school granted it to me
I applied for extension today but gt bank told me 30 days is what they use to process school fees with Form A so I am thinking of using another bank during the extension. So do I need to create an account with them or still process with their banks but debit to my GTaccount
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by banky24: 4:26pm On May 12, 2022
[quote author=buckyfof post=112746567]I first want to thank Almighty Allah, for the journey.

First application, with an agent
Submitted - March 16th 2021
I lost my dad - may 23rd
Refusal - June 28th
A day after my birthday, my refusal reason was just purpose of visit. The agent applied for a 2nd BSc for me and I was kind of like a novice but I just knew it wasn't right. And I reconfirmed after I joined nairaland fully during my application process.

After the refusal, I was weak, angry, pained and I decided to do it on my own this time, I had learned enough from nairaland and was more motivated than ever. I got my files from my agent and I found out he made a lot of mistakes and I knew correcting them would put me in a lot of future troubles. Then spectro messaged me from here after my refusal and was just interested in helping me, the guy is truly God sent, he repackaged my application, my LOE was practically almost written by him. I will write and send it to him and he will cancel it and make adjustments, told me to correct all the mistakes the agent made and assured me I was doing the right thing.

Let me just put he's a genius. He did everything for me for free, I had to ask him what I did to deserve his help

I also appreciate everyone from nairaland too, Belle10, freshestc, teemenzo and everyone who answered me.
2nd application
Submitted - 14th of October
Ordered 1st gcms and it came back review required and pre-assessments notes as - further review.
Deferred from January to April and sent my updated LOA on the 5th of March
Ghost updates on the 15th of March
Contacted mp and she told me my eligibility was still yet to be completed, but no document was missing

Spectro advised me to start online, and send my enrollment letter to ircc, so I started and sent it to them via email and webform.

Congratulations.The wait is finally over.
May the land favour you.
I am next to testify in Jesus name.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by banky24: 4:30pm On May 12, 2022
omariam:
Its ppr
Alhamdulilah robbil alaminnnnnnnn
Coming with my timeline ooooooooooo
I'm super happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Omariam,may Canada favour you.I am next to testify in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adepeju1911: 4:36pm On May 12, 2022
buckyfof:
PPR JUST DROPPED!!!!!

I will be coming back to drop my timeline. I'm still shocked.

CONGRATULATIONS

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.