Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,979 members, 7,835,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (925703 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Biot34: 4:51pm On May 12, 2022
Good good afternoon gurus in house, please I need your assistant, my study permit was denied base on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status. I'm planning to apply next month by using my cousin as sponsor now. Please help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samtob4life: 5:05pm On May 12, 2022
Good afternoon gurus

Pls who can help me and review my SOP?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 5:09pm On May 12, 2022
You have to state documents your submitted . Who was your sponsor on this application , bank statements balance you showed etc

I’m not sure gurus will be able to tell you what you did wrong without details .
Biot34:
Good good afternoon gurus in house, please I need your assistant, my study permit was denied base on the following grounds:
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status. I'm planning to apply next month by using my cousin as sponsor now. Please help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 5:16pm On May 12, 2022
RythmicFlow:
Good day,

Please, I would like to find out the following:

1. Does NSE route still exist, or has it been scrapped?

2. Please, how can I get MyBankStatement for a US Bank Account or if that's not possible are there alternatives?

3. Does using the new portal affect processing times negatively?

4. Finally, apart from upfront medicals are there other things I can do to improve the speed of study permit processing?

Thank you very much.

I really appreciate your anticipated response.

1) NO

2) Go to the bank and ask.

3) No, neither does it guarantee an approval and it is not also fast. Applications are treated with the same processing time as the old portal

4) Nothing else

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 12, 2022
Wow! I didn't see that. Please, did you experience the same thing? Where did you read it?

Thanks

CharitoJames:

They said it there now that they won’t reply you but then you will see they have received it in your account there. So login and see if it has been updated in the additional documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 5:17pm On May 12, 2022
Kindly order your gcms notes as these reasons are generic and do not reflect the exact concerns behind your refusal.
Biot34:
residence.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 12, 2022
Which month did you do this? If not long ago, I wish I had seen this post earlier.

CharitoJames:

Mine was fresh passport and it was ready in 2 days after I captured. It was express and i paid just 50k... in Festac, Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chinnychappy: 5:18pm On May 12, 2022
Thank you so much.
Osemigho:

Hi, I generally advise people to avoid attaching a full proposal to an admission application if it is not required or you and your Canadian professors have reviewed/build it together. Your proposal will be evaluated by the admission committees, which are mostly professors. One of them may score your proposal low if they don't like your writing approach or research topic or methodology. Two or three paragraphs that briefly talk about your proposed research in a statement of purpose is enough to give them a brief idea of research you can potentially do in Canada. A statement of purpose is usually required.

To your questions, yes they use your proposal to evaluate your writing ability and their interest in the topic. During supervisor search and before admission application, they will decline if they are not interested in your topic or think you can't handle graduate writing. When you start the program, they may change your topic to their sub-area of interest. They will change your topic if they have funding for research and want you to do that. If you refuse, you don't get the funding. If they don't have funding for research for you, they may change your topic or questions stylishly without commanding you or being confrontational about it?

So how do you know they want you to change your topic or questions? You know by observing their body language and comments on your proposed topic/questions. Canadian professors will generally tell you "I don't think these questions, methods, or theory can fully explore the topic or I don't think there are any questions to explore in this topic... I would recommend you ..." Listen and follow your supervisor's recommendations if you want to graduate easily. That is how they often tell you to change things, unlike Nigerian professors that just tell you what to do directly. Those that don't listen or follow their recommendations or suggestions end up receiving more and more questions challenging their work than making any progress. Some students later give up or change supervisors after years of back and forth with the supervisor.

I have seen someone leave his Ph.D. in Canada for the US after like 2 years since he doesn't like his supervisors' recommendation. I have also seen someone that failed her Ph.D. defence because she did not follow her supervisor's recommendation to wait for some months. She tried to rush her defence because she received a post-doc scholarship that require her to graduate soon. In the end, when her committee started questioning her during her defence, her supervisor failed to defend her and the topic. She failed her defence, lost the post-doc, and had to wait one more year to rewrite her whole thesis. She left academia and now works professionally.

By the way, there is a short time after your thesis presentation, questions and answers, that your research committee (Your supervisor and his other "academic friends"wink) leave the room to privately discuss. It is after this private meeting, that they come back to give you their final verdict on your thesis defence. I will leave you to guess what they usually discuss during this period.

In summary, listen to and follow your supervisors' recommendations and suggestions if you want to graduate. The whole thing is like a small cult or factory, where older professors try to groom people that will continue their work or area of interest. People rarely fail their research when they have their supervisor's support. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chinnychappy: 5:27pm On May 12, 2022
Hi Osemigho. My supervisor has recommended I defer to the next fall term to rnable me try again for entrance scholarship to help sort out funding for me. Do I wait for my new LOA to be communicated to me before proceeding with visa application or I should
still go ahead to apply with what I have and later advise IRCC of the deferral. The scholarship if gotten, would really be helpful. Kind of confused about the next line of action to take. @Osemigho and others who may have an idea of the best route to take. Thank you all
Osemigho:

Hi, I generally advise people to avoid attaching a full proposal to an admission application if it is not required or you and your Canadian professors have reviewed/build it together. Your proposal will be evaluated by the admission committees, which are mostly professors. One of them may score your proposal low if they don't like your writing approach or research topic or methodology. Two or three paragraphs that briefly talk about your proposed research in a statement of purpose is enough to give them a brief idea of research you can potentially do in Canada. A statement of purpose is usually required.

To your questions, yes they use your proposal to evaluate your writing ability and their interest in the topic. During supervisor search and before admission application, they will decline if they are not interested in your topic or think you can't handle graduate writing. When you start the program, they may change your topic to their sub-area of interest. They will change your topic if they have funding for research and want you to do that. If you refuse, you don't get the funding. If they don't have funding for research for you, they may change your topic or questions stylishly without commanding you or being confrontational about it?

So how do you know they want you to change your topic or questions? You know by observing their body language and comments on your proposed topic/questions. Canadian professors will generally tell you "I don't think these questions, methods, or theory can fully explore the topic or I don't think there are any questions to explore in this topic... I would recommend you ..." Listen and follow your supervisor's recommendations if you want to graduate easily. That is how they often tell you to change things, unlike Nigerian professors that just tell you what to do directly. Those that don't listen or follow their recommendations or suggestions end up receiving more and more questions challenging their work than making any progress. Some students later give up or change supervisors after years of back and forth with the supervisor.

I have seen someone leave his Ph.D. in Canada for the US after like 2 years since he doesn't like his supervisors' recommendation. I have also seen someone that failed her Ph.D. defence because she did not follow her supervisor's recommendation to wait for some months. She tried to rush her defence because she received a post-doc scholarship that require her to graduate soon. In the end, when her committee started questioning her during her defence, her supervisor failed to defend her and the topic. She failed her defence, lost the post-doc, and had to wait one more year to rewrite her whole thesis. She left academia and now works professionally.

By the way, there is a short time after your thesis presentation, questions and answers, that your research committee (Your supervisor and his other "academic friends"wink) leave the room to privately discuss. It is after this private meeting, that they come back to give you their final verdict on your thesis defence. I will leave you to guess what they usually discuss during this period.

In summary, listen to and follow your supervisors' recommendations and suggestions if you want to graduate. The whole thing is like a small cult or factory, where older professors try to groom people that will continue their work or area of interest. People rarely fail their research when they have their supervisor's support. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 5:36pm On May 12, 2022
Order them GCMS notes, and what were the things you submitted for the application? Who also sponsored ?
Biot34:
residence.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mukht(f): 5:47pm On May 12, 2022
Lani84:

Yes sure! DM me

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 12, 2022
Where do you check this?

When I logged in, I checked the view submitted application or upload documents but I couldn't find the new LOA there.

CharitoJames:

They said it there now that they won’t reply you but then you will see they have received it in your account there. So login and see if it has been updated in the additional documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 6:12pm On May 12, 2022
Biot34:
residence.
Hi Biot34,
Like many have said, you should share more details about your application to get the desired support you want from the gurus & others in the house, as well as get your GCMS notes ordered.
Have you ordered it? From your profile posts, you have said this is your 3rd refusal which came in Feb 2022.
You have to be very intentional about this next application so you can get your desired expectation.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Inyas2015: 6:44pm On May 12, 2022
Teezkid:
Creating an account on “OCAS” fill all requirements for you to register. When submitting your details make sure they are accurate, especially your passport details. Tuition deposit is $1,500 for Conestoga college. Only submit transcripts for your evaluation. Basically, you will see all you will have to do on the OCAS site. Other gurus might give you other ideas on how it goes about wink

How many days does it take Conestoga to give admission or is there any other school that has a low tuition deposit and also is fast like Fanshawe cuz Fanshawe deposit it very high.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gokoyer1401: 6:45pm On May 12, 2022
Pls house,
I have been trying to get those bar codes but it's not coming out after after i updated the acrobat adobe to the latest version.

Can I submit it like this since it's shows 'yes' it has been validated as seen from the second picture.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 6:47pm On May 12, 2022
nairagrounds:
I sent my new LOA to IRCC so I expect a reply acknowledging it from them, not just the automated response. Your correspondent with them may be different.

See ehn, I didn't always want to take my chances because I also sent documents a lot. I usually send Abuja the documents again after webform and they always send a personalized message that it has actually been uploaded to my application portal. That confirmation always gave me peace of mind. I suggest you mail ABJ... In the mornings(Mon/Tue preferably ).
You might not get a reply from Nairobi webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 6:48pm On May 12, 2022
nairagrounds:
Where do you check this?

When I logged in, I checked the view submitted application or upload documents but I couldn't find the new LOA there.

When it has been uploaded to your portal, be rest agreed it's there, but that doesn't mean that when you log in to your own portal, you'll see it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 6:57pm On May 12, 2022
Hi Guys,

My application just changed to 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.'.

TIMELINE
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: May 2, 2022
BIOMETRICS completed and updated on IRCC : May 4, 2022
MEDICAL: No medical request yet but I have booked for medicals
Application Update today: 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.'

Does this update mean they have started working on my file?

Anyone please help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by loohlaah: 8:00pm On May 12, 2022
Hello House,

Please do we have anyone here that submitted application in February 2022 and eligibility has started?

This wait is really disturbing..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kinkyhead: 8:19pm On May 12, 2022
My application was submitted Dec 29 and eligibility started since february but I'm still waiting so I'm behind you. You are not far alone grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 8:21pm On May 12, 2022
You should have an account with the bank you use to process the form A.
BenedictStinson:
I started my Form A process last week with Gtbank since that's my bank, downloaded the Form A and went to their office today to see if there's a way to fasten the process. Omo they said that it won't be available before my deadline (19th May). So I researched and saw that UBA and Jaiz are among the fastest banks for Form A. So do I have to open an account with them or can they handle the transaction even with my GT account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kinkyhead: 8:22pm On May 12, 2022
Congratulations!! omariam.

omariam:
Story Story o

First and foremost, I am grateful to God for everything, for d ppr, for strengthening me all thru d process. The wait was not easy at all o!

After God, na my beautiful ppl and Gurus on Nairaland o. As in, this thread had been amazing. From securing a supervisor (kudos to lekkiboboe, our walking google, ur coldmail samples really helped me), admission and funding, going for biometrics and medicals to ppr. I am super grateful to all our senior comrades and my current colleagues. You all are d BEST!

TIMELINE
UPFRONT MEDICAL: 22 NOV 2021
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: 22 NOV 2021
BIOMETRICS: 29 NOV 2021
MEDICAL PASSED : DEC 15 2021
Den d wait began.
Sent my New LOA ( deferral from winter to spring): 28 January 2022
Sent several emails, webforms, mailed IRCC minister in March, the response I got was d same with what I saw in the 1st GCMS note I ordered with medicals n criminality passed. But eligibility was blank. Mailed MP, but Mp said she can't help me cos I'm not yet in Canada. So I continued to wait.

But I kept sending mails and webforms.
Ordered for another GCMS note: 14 April 2022( still waiting for that)
ELIGIBILITY REVIEW: 27 APRIL 2022
On 5th of may, I sent another email to same MP with 'HELP!!!!! May 9 resumption!!! No decision after 25 weeks' as subject, and dis time she sent an authorization form to me and submitted my enquiry.
BVL/PPR : 11 MAY 2022
DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
LOA/ funding letter
International passport
Bsc and Msc certificates
Birth certificate
Sop (3pages)
Sponsorship letter (notorized) from cousin stating that he will be supporting the funding I got from sch with 10k CAD.
Sponsor's personal and company account MBS.
Sponsor's CAC docs
Sponsor's work ID and Drivers license.
Photo with sponsor at my wedding in 2014
Family tree showing our relationship.
Applicants salary account and payslips
Family and wedding pics
Proof of fund LOE with a table showing my expenses (tuition and living expense) and my available funds. (Saw these on MUN website).
Land use charge bill n receipts to show property ownership ( since I don't have money for evaluation, the bill showed d value of d property)
Appointment, confirmation, and promotion letters ( for me and my husband)
Publications at work
Deceased parent property papers.
Marriage certificate ( Nikkai cert with plenty Arabic n small English)
Children's birth certificate
Pension account statement
Affidavit of one and same person due to name variation on my passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate. (Sent this through webforms)

Another thing that bothered me during d wait was that I declared having MSC already n I'm going for another one, though I explained why dis was so in my SOP.

I so grateful to God Almighty and I pray that everybody waiting will get their good news very soon. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 12, 2022
Do you normally reach Abuja by webform or email? If email, which address do you use? Also, you suggest I mail them on Monday or Tuesday, what if I do that today?

Your response will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Belle110:

See ehn, I didn't always want to take my chances because I also sent documents a lot. I usually send Abuja the documents again after webform and they always send a personalized message that it has actually been uploaded to my application portal. That confirmation always gave me peace of mind. I suggest you mail ABJ... In the mornings(Mon/Tue preferably ).
You might not get a reply from Nairobi webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Miraculousviva(m): 8:46pm On May 12, 2022
Pandasofire:

Please when applying, did you put your bvn? Like after submitting your application!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 8:48pm On May 12, 2022
nairagrounds:
Do you normally reach Abuja by webform or email? If email, which address do you use? Also, you suggest I mail them on Monday or Tuesday, what if I do that today?

Your response will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

By mail

ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca

Usually when I mail them on Monday or Tuesday in the morning. I get a reply on the same day or next. But in other week days, I rarely got a reply.
Oh sure, you can send a mail today with the doc attached, make sure you add your uci and app no, passport no, full legal name in the mail.

You can send one per day if you are yet to get a confirmation mail.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Timex146: 8:57pm On May 12, 2022
Hi
Please can we connect
I submitted Feb 6 on the new portal. Eligibility is yet to start.

loohlaah:
Hello House,

Please do we have anyone here that submitted application in February 2022 and eligibility has started?

This wait is really disturbing..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by loohlaah: 8:58pm On May 12, 2022
kinkyhead:
My application was submitted Dec 29 and eligibility started since february but I'm still waiting so I'm behind you. You are not far alone grin

cry cry cry embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by loohlaah: 9:04pm On May 12, 2022
Timex146:
Hi
Please can we connect
I submitted Feb 6 on the new portal. Eligibility is yet to start.

Sure
February submission as already connected us, as it is like this.

We are family
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Finian1: 9:22pm On May 12, 2022
Note: Applicants must provide a valid Transport Canada Marine Medical stating ‘fit for sea service’ or ‘fit for sea service with limitations’ prior to program start. In the case of an applicant with a certificate ‘fit for sea service with limitations’, the application will be reviewed. Failure to provide the certificate by the deadline may result in an offer of admission being revoked and withdrawal from courses.

Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing. For complete details refer to:

Please guru in the house I need your professional opinion on the above subject.
The above is one of the major requirement for admission into the course I want to study in Canada.
How can an international student who does not have PR yet provide a valid Transport Canada marine medicals? hence the country does not accept marine medicals done outside of Canada.
Oseigbo, Makano, Frankrobbn1, Lekiboboe and anyone please help me!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Treasure134: 9:33pm On May 12, 2022
Good evening guys... Please I will really appreciate your input on this

A friend of mine Applied to Conestoga college for PG course and she has already paid her tuition deposit(1500 Cad) to the School but the issue on ground is that on her LOA letter to the school, she found out how she will be paying the main tuition fee but the school required her to balance up her tuition for the first term by June 14 in which she can't meet up, so she wanted to defer her admission to January 2023 because she won't be able to meet up with September resumption but on the process of deferring she mistakenly withdraw her admission instead of deferring....
She has already contacted the school and this was the response of the school to the issue in the screenshot Below

Please help guys

Please guys how can she go about it because right now she does not know what to do and how to go about it .... Your input will be well appreciated

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Treasure134: 9:36pm On May 12, 2022
Is it GCkey or new portal

Innit2022:
Hi Guys,

My application just changed to 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.'.

TIMELINE
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: May 2, 2022
BIOMETRICS completed and updated on IRCC : May 4, 2022
MEDICAL: No medical request yet but I have booked for medicals
Application Update today: 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.'

Does this update mean they have started working on my file?

Anyone please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 9:42pm On May 12, 2022
Treasure134:
Good evening my people... Please I will really appreciate your input on this

A friend of mine Applied to Conestoga college for PG course and she has already paid her tuition deposit(1500 Cad) to the School but the issue on ground is that on her LOA letter to the school, she found out how she will be paying the main tuition fee but the school required her to balance up her tuition for the first term by June 14 in which she can't meet up, so she wanted to defer her admission to January 2023 because she won't be able to meet up with September resumption but on the process of deferring she mistakenly withdraw her admission instead of deferring....
She has already contacted the school and this was the response of the school to the issue in the screenshot Below

Please guys how can she go about it because right now she does not know what to do and how to go about it .... Your input will be well appreciated

Please blot out her name and student ID in your attachment. They are private info

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.