Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (909920 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nitand2(f): 8:02am On May 12, 2022
So happy for you brother….. Congrats once again
buckyfof:
I first want to thank Almighty Allah, for the journey.

First application, with an agent
Submitted - March 16th 2021
I lost my dad - may 23rd
Refusal - June 28th
A day after my birthday, my refusal reason was just purpose of visit. The agent applied for a 2nd BSc for me and I was kind of like a novice but I just knew it wasn't right. And I reconfirmed after I joined nairaland fully during my application process.

After the refusal, I was weak, angry, pained and I decided to do it on my own this time, I had learned enough from nairaland and was more motivated than ever. I got my files from my agent and I found out he made a lot of mistakes and I knew correcting them would put me in a lot of future troubles. Then spectro messaged me from here after my refusal and was just interested in helping me, the guy is truly God sent, he repackaged my application, my LOE was practically almost written by him. I will write and send it to him and he will cancel it and make adjustments, told me to correct all the mistakes the agent made and assured me I was doing the right thing.

Let me just put he's a genius. He did everything for me for free, I had to ask him what I did to deserve his help

I also appreciate everyone from nairaland too, Belle10, freshestc, teemenzo and everyone who answered me.
2nd application
Submitted - 14th of October
Ordered 1st gcms and it came back review required and pre-assessments notes as - further review.
Deferred from January to April and sent my updated LOA on the 5th of March
Ghost updates on the 15th of March
Contacted mp and she told me my eligibility was still yet to be completed, but no document was missing

Spectro advised me to start online, and send my enrollment letter to ircc, so I started and sent it to them via email and webform.

Sent enrollment letter - 30th of March.

Ghost updates on 25th, 26th and 27th of april

2nd Gcms notes came in 10th of May - saw it on 11th of may the next day, nothing really changed.
I almost cried. Sent them one emotional mail
About how long my application had been, and how my school was starting in person classes next semester fully.
PPR - 11th of may

Documents submitted
Uncle was my sponsor with heavy inflow and outflow in his account.
Unconditional LOA MBA
Telex copy - my uncle paid the tuition deposit directly from his bank account- 7900cad
Int passport
My uncle 6 months mbs - 7m balance with 370m inflow and about 360m outflow.
His company account mbs - 11m
My mbs, he deposited my living expenses and 2nd semester tuition fee - 5.7m
My savings account mbs - 680k
Tuition receipt - 7900cad
Waec result
English proficiency letter from unilorin
Police character certificate
My birth certificate
My updated resume
My university transcript
My BSc certificate
My employment letter
My work i.d card
My industrial training appointment letter
Company support letter - I used my uncles company
Support letter from my uncle
Drivers license
NYSC certificate
NYSC posting letter
House documents 4 bedroom flats and a BQ
Land documents from my mum
My dad's complex - told them me and my brother collects the rent
Bank teller showing the 5.7m my uncle deposited into my account.
Sponsor CAC certificate
Memorandum of association
Articles of association of CAC
Picture of me at work
Picture of me and my mom
Picture of my uncle and my mom

I think that's everything for now
Goodluck to those waiting, it shall end in praise and you shall soon receive your good news. Elizabeth and nitandi I'm rooting for both of you too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Finian1: 8:49am On May 12, 2022
Please I am in this shoe right now,how can I go about it? I read here that a B.sc holder doing a job outside his academic decree will opt for Pgd in Canadian school not Diploma or Advance diploma in order to maintain academic progression.
I mailed Nscc to inquire if they offer pgd program in Marine Navigation Management Technology,but their response was that they offer it in a one year Advance diploma, while diploma certificate in Marine Navigation Technology is two years plus one year co-op, the school also told me that hence my Bsc is not related to Nautical science that I do not meet their admission requirement for one year advance diploma that I am qualify for only their diploma program.
The mail also stated that none Canadian citizen or PR holder does not allow to board Canadian flagship,that international students without the above status can only be issued academic completion certificate but would not be issued Certificate of Competency (Coc).
Please I need advice from all the professionals aboard this platform on how to navigate around this situation hence I'm trying to maintain a good academic progression before the IRCC.
Thank you in advance!

Lekiboboe:

Hi

I don't know if Canada admit HND holders with a PGD for their Masters program, you might need to do reach out to the school on that or await a response from the house.

Your friend should do his research on the Relationship/Corelation between Public Administration and Social Work, Peace and Conflict etc. If there is a connection and if he can tailor his ACADEMIC background and Work Experience to the mentioned field, then he is good to go.

Note that work experience is not an admission requirement, it's just to solidify the profile of someone whose work experience is related to his/her field of study (Academic background)

Just like this scenario

A BSC holder of Microbiology with Accounting work experience would very likely not be considered for a Masters in Accountancy because he/she doesn't have Academic background in Accounting or related field.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Topjim786: 9:03am On May 12, 2022
Congratulations.

buckyfof:

I lost my dad - may 23rd
Refusal - June 28th
A day after my birthday, my refusal reason was just purpose of visit. The agent applied for a 2nd BSc for me and I was kind of like a novice but I just knew it wasn't right. And I reconfirmed after I joined nairaland fully during my application process.

After the refusal, I was weak, angry, pained and I decided to do it on my own this time, I had learned enough from nairaland and was more motivated than ever. I got my files from my agent and I found out he made a lot of mistakes and I knew correcting them would put me in a lot of future troubles. Then spectro messaged me from here after my refusal and was just interested in helping me, the guy is truly God sent, he repackaged my application, my LOE was practically almost written by him. I will write and send it to him and he will cancel it and make adjustments, told me to correct all the mistakes the agent made and assured me I was doing the right thing.

Let me just put he's a genius. He did everything for me for free, I had to ask him what I did to deserve his help

I also appreciate everyone from nairaland too, Belle10, freshestc, teemenzo and everyone who answered me.
2nd application
Ordered 1st gcms and it came back review required and pre-assessments notes as - further review.
Contacted mp and she told me my eligibility was still yet to be completed, but no document was missing

Spectro advised me to start online, and send my enrollment letter to ircc, so I started and sent it to them via email and webform.

2nd Gcms notes came in 10th of May - saw it on 11th of may the next day, nothing really changed.
About how long my application had been, and how my school was starting in person classes next semester fully.
PPR - 11th of may

Documents submitted
Unconditional LOA MBA
Telex copy - my uncle paid the tuition deposit directly from his bank account- 7900cad
Int passport
Waec result
My birth certificate
My updated resume
My university transcript
My BSc certificate
My employment letter
My work i.d card
Drivers license
NYSC certificate
NYSC posting letter
Sponsor CAC certificate
Picture of me at work
Picture of me and my mom

Goodluck to those waiting, it shall end in praise and you shall soon receive your good news. Elizabeth and nitandi I'm rooting for both of you too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eniaud: 9:05am On May 12, 2022
Nikky6:

So sorry about this , if you were refused for only purpose of visit , no need for notes because it’s obvious already- it means your course doesn’t correlate with what you have been doing or what you studied in school .
It’s straight forward, just change your program to something related and write a good Sop .
Linking them together, they are not really similar for business administration deals financial planning while accounting is mainly book keeping.
That’s my 2 cents , but you can wait for the gurus to talk .

Thank you Nikky6 for your candid response. My accounting course I did both at hnd and bsc level isn't just only about book keeping. The certification I got in both are actually accounting & finance). And more so, the postgraduate diploma is a pathway to mba which I could perhaps explore on the future. @ Lekkiboboe, pls can I have insight on this too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Airoflaw(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2022
anayolity:
Hello good people.

Hope you guys are doing great.

Please and please can I have a HND in mass communication (lower credit) and will like to go to Canada via study route...I have 5years of experience in Supply chain

I understand unlike UK, Canada do not HND for direct MSc program.

Can anyone please recommend a very very affordable university where I can study a PGD program in Canada.

Thank yooooooou
conestoga
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 9:35am On May 12, 2022
hello
please can we dm each other?

DebrahOj:
I am

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adeddamola(f): 10:16am On May 12, 2022
Congratulations my fellow Unilorite.

It shall end In praise for those still waiting.

buckyfof:

I lost my dad - may 23rd
Refusal - June 28th

2nd application

PPR - 11th of may

Documents submitted
Unconditional LOA MBA
Int passport
Waec result
My birth certificate
My updated resume
My university transcript
My BSc certificate
My employment letter
My work i.d card
Drivers license
NYSC certificate
NYSC posting letter
Sponsor CAC certificate
Picture of me at work
Picture of me and my mom

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 10:18am On May 12, 2022
If you have enough funds to cover for the expenses of you and your family through the duration of your stay in Canada and can also demonstrate that you have solid ties that can bring you back home after completion of your program, I believe you have a chance at securing visas for the whole family.

However, you have a higher chance if you apply alone. Upon your arrival in Canada your family can apply to join you.
olutoyiin:
My people My people still on this canny waka.
My admission letter just came in for PhD university of british columbia with 21k funding and tuition waiver for 4 years.
I'm thinking of submitting my visa application by May ending and I intend to apply with for visting visa for my spouse and 2 year old and study visa for myself and 6 year old. I know its a long shot but I want to try first. My uncle and husband would be my co sponsors.

Please I'm begging for assistance as I do not know where to start especially regarding my SOP and the whole process @frankrobbin1, @OtunbaTee @Lekkiboboe @Olasubomy @Justmellow and other gurus.

Pls come to my aid even if its paid consultation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by maxio22(m): 10:39am On May 12, 2022
Goodmorning everyone in the house, please my sponsor ,who stays in the US want me to pay my school fees here in nigeria using her credit card, since to get fx is very difficult to access recently here in nigeria. Now my question is please how am I going to go about it?also I hope is going to get to my school fast enough (Fleming college Ontario).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:45am On May 12, 2022
I'd advise that you contact your school for guidance and also seek the help of a trustworthy person if you're unsure how to make payment using your sponsor’s credit card. The reason is that you're dealing with a sensitive issue, and a slight mistake can put your sponsor in debt.

maxio22:
Goodmorning everyone in the house, please my sponsor ,who stays in the US want me to pay my school fees here in nigeria using her credit card, since to get fx is very difficult to access recently here in nigeria. Now my question is please how am I going to go about it?also I hope is going to get to my school fast enough (Fleming college Ontario).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:52am On May 12, 2022
Finian1:
Please I am in this shoe right now,how can I go about it? I read here that a B.sc holder doing a job outside his academic decree will opt for Pgd in Canadian school not Diploma or Advance diploma in order to maintain academic progression.
I mailed Nscc to inquire if they offer pgd program in Marine Navigation Management Technology,but their response was that they offer it in a one year Advance diploma, while diploma certificate in Marine Navigation Technology is two years plus one year co-op, the school also told me that hence my Bsc is not related to Nautical science that I do not meet their admission requirement for one year advance diploma that I am qualify for only their diploma program.
The mail also stated that none Canadian citizen or PR holder does not allow to board Canadian flagship,that international students without the above status can only be issued academic completion certificate but would not be issued Certificate of Competency (Coc).
Please I need advice from all the professionals aboard this platform on how to navigate around this situation hence I'm trying to maintain a good academic progression before the IRCC.
Thank you in advance!

I have sent you a message, you can inbox me. There are so much I want to tell. Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by maxio22(m): 10:57am On May 12, 2022
Thank you for your kindly reply. Please can I contact you privately.odohmalachy101@gmail.xom
nairagrounds:
I'd advise that you contact your school for guidance and also seek the help of a trustworthy person if you're unsure how to make payment using your sponsor’s credit card. The reason is that you're dealing with a sensitive issue, and a slight mistake can put your sponsor in debt.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by onwosuigbo: 11:03am On May 12, 2022
Apologies if this has been answered before:

Concerning money raised through crypto sales, please see question # 3
1. Using Oanda, if i have the full tuition fee seating in my account and the upkeep (10k or 12k CAD i hope) equivalent also in my account, will an extra 10k CAD (2-3m naira equivalent) suffice to make up what i have in my account o apply??

2. Is there a minimum for the money to have sat in my account (eg 30days, 3 months, 6 months) before i apply??. School is sept, no luxury of 6months obviously.

3. i have had money in my account for just 1-2 months. the money was raised from my crypto account which i have held for more than 6 months. Can i submit the bank statement that shows the bulk money enter a month ago and show another statement showing where it came from - crypto sales/

Thank you guys

regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by maxio22(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2022
Please, I am slightly in the issue,can I also contact you please. Odohmalachy101@gmail.com
efeturi3:
I have sent you a message, you can inbox me. There are so much I want to tell. Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by promo4(m): 11:13am On May 12, 2022
My people, is it late by first week of June to apply for study permit for Fall (September) resumption?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 11:17am On May 12, 2022
maxio22:
Please, I am slightly in the issue,can I also contact you please. Odohmalachy101@gmail.com
Sure you can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zxxtx: 11:23am On May 12, 2022
promo4:
My people, is it late by first week of June to apply for study permit for Fall (September) resumption?

My application is almost 4 months, we’ve also seen people that got ppr less than 15days

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abipem: 11:29am On May 12, 2022
Good morning

@frankrobbn1
@justmellow

kindly reply to my mail please

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 11:32am On May 12, 2022
Is it on a different issue? I may not be able to help with this.

maxio22:
Thank you for your kindly reply. Please can I contact you privately.odohmalachy101@gmail.xom
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 11:34am On May 12, 2022
It isn't late especially if you desire to start your program online. Again, that's if your school permits. However, be prepared for a potential delayed decision from the IRCC.

promo4:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 11:35am On May 12, 2022
Those cases are uncommon. Pray that God favors your whenever your decision comes.

zxxtx:

My application is almost 4 months, we’ve also seen people that got ppr less than 15days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 11:36am On May 12, 2022
Has anyone sent a web form to Nairobi recently? How long did it take to hear back from them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 11:38am On May 12, 2022
send your number via email
yhucee:

I am interested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pufframmy: 11:42am On May 12, 2022
Allahadullahi for you

omariam:
Story Story o

First and foremost, I am grateful to God for everything, for d ppr, for strengthening me all thru d process. The wait was not easy at all o!

After God, na my beautiful ppl and Gurus on Nairaland o. As in, this thread had been amazing. From securing a supervisor (kudos to lekkiboboe, our walking google, ur coldmail samples really helped me), admission and funding, going for biometrics and medicals to ppr. I am super grateful to all our senior comrades and my current colleagues. You all are d BEST!

TIMELINE
UPFRONT MEDICAL: 22 NOV 2021
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: 22 NOV 2021
BIOMETRICS: 29 NOV 2021
MEDICAL PASSED : DEC 15 2021
Den d wait began.
Sent my New LOA ( deferral from winter to spring): 28 January 2022
Sent several emails, webforms, mailed IRCC minister in March, the response I got was d same with what I saw in the 1st GCMS note I ordered with medicals n criminality passed. But eligibility was blank. Mailed MP, but Mp said she can't help me cos I'm not yet in Canada. So I continued to wait.

But I kept sending mails and webforms.
Ordered for another GCMS note: 14 April 2022( still waiting for that)
ELIGIBILITY REVIEW: 27 APRIL 2022
On 5th of may, I sent another email to same MP with 'HELP!!!!! May 9 resumption!!! No decision after 25 weeks' as subject, and dis time she sent an authorization form to me and submitted my enquiry.
BVL/PPR : 11 MAY 2022
DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
LOA/ funding letter
International passport
Bsc and Msc certificates
Birth certificate
Sop (3pages)
Sponsorship letter (notorized) from cousin stating that he will be supporting the funding I got from sch with 10k CAD.
Sponsor's personal and company account MBS.
Sponsor's CAC docs
Sponsor's work ID and Drivers license.
Photo with sponsor at my wedding in 2014
Family tree showing our relationship.
Applicants salary account and payslips
Family and wedding pics
Proof of fund LOE with a table showing my expenses (tuition and living expense) and my available funds. (Saw these on MUN website).
Land use charge bill n receipts to show property ownership ( since I don't have money for evaluation, the bill showed d value of d property)
Appointment, confirmation, and promotion letters ( for me and my husband)
Publications at work
Deceased parent property papers.
Marriage certificate ( Nikkai cert with plenty Arabic n small English)
Children's birth certificate
Pension account statement
Affidavit of one and same person due to name variation on my passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate. (Sent this through webforms)

Another thing that bothered me during d wait was that I declared having MSC already n I'm going for another one, though I explained why dis was so in my SOP.

I so grateful to God Almighty and I pray that everybody waiting will get their good news very soon. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bolanle18090040: 11:48am On May 12, 2022
Hello house
I want to apply to conestoga for January 2023
I want to know how to go about it
Please if you have any idea please kindly share
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lolobukkie(f): 11:49am On May 12, 2022
[thank you so much @ lekibiboe
Quite a relief will do as you adviced
Am sure I will comeback and testify
Got alot of work to do

quote author=Lekiboboe post=112746471]
Hi

Getting a Fully-funded PHD has its process which can be tasky and needs your attention, time, lots of writing, editing etc.

You have a very long Study gap (did your MSC 2009) and some professors , admission committees might/can assume your knowledge in Chemistry is not with the latest trend of research but you might have an edge cos your work experience is related to your field of study.

To refresh you Academically, try to do some online courses (free or paid) related to your research focus and update it on your Academic CV.

Note: if you are looking for a Fully-funded PHD Graduate Offer, you don't submit anyhow CV, you submit an ACADEMIC CV (Very important)

So after doing all of that, google Professors of Chemistry whose Research focus is on "Advance Coating Materials" or related research focus in Canadian Universities and cold mail them against FALL 2023.

Cold mail as much as you can non-generically, cos you will receive different responses from those profs. Note that you must read at least one or two publication of a Prof. BEFORE cold mailing him/her so that you can intersect it with your research focus,
Cos you can't send same cold mail to more than one professor due to the fact that even though those Profs might have same research focus , they will definitely have different publication.

Read the post in the link below, you will find every contents , links etc. there useful. Model the contents to your own field and research focus and prepare yourself.

Detailed Guide for Masters Degree holders who want to do a PH.D in Canada (fully-funded) also find attached Dr. Olumuyiwaayo's magic/jazz Academic CV & Cold Mail

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

Very Importantly visit Dr. Olumuyiwaayo's Igbalajobi's Twitter page, go through his RICH PINNED POSTS, all you need to Strategically hunt for Grad. OPPORTUNITIES in Research areas in your Field of study is there, you gonna be glad you did.

Await additional other members of this platform

Good luck!!!![/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DebrahOj: 12:11pm On May 12, 2022
You will need to apply through OCAS. All the information you need is on the school website.

Bolanle18090040:
Hello house
I want to apply to conestoga for January 2023
I want to know how to go about it
Please if you have any idea please kindly share
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chyigb: 12:11pm On May 12, 2022
Nitand2:
So happy for you brother….. Congrats once again

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zxxtx: 12:12pm On May 12, 2022
nairagrounds:
Those cases are uncommon. Pray that God favors your whenever your decision comes.

Amen, Thanks for good wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zxxtx: 12:13pm On May 12, 2022
nairagrounds:
Has anyone sent a web form to Nairobi recently? How long did it take to hear back from them?

Pls what do you mean hear back. I did yesterday I only got automated messages almost immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by maxio22(m): 12:16pm On May 12, 2022
Yes please for a different issues
nairagrounds:
Is it on a different issue? I may not be able to help with this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Phorlly43: 12:32pm On May 12, 2022
I have been having issues with starting registration on the new portal, I've tried three different emails and all giving me this same reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.