Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908747 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:15pm On May 18, 2022
nairagrounds:
Congrats to all PPR recipients and the hopefuls in advance.

For those that send their new LOA after getting their TRV, how do you know if they’d add it to your file?

I have already submitted web forms three times. First, by using the new web form, also specifically to Nairobi, then to Lagos.

I have also contacted them using emails, but no response yet. How then does one know if they’ve done the needful considering the marking on the screenshot attached?

The screenshot is from the automated response from Nairobi.

For those that have a similar experience, how did you go about it?

Thanks!

If you have sent, be rest assured it has been updated.

Most times they do not respond hence it is advised you send more than once
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:18pm On May 18, 2022
Uzoamaka123:
Hi guys .

Please how do I go about using GCkey to apply?

Was going to use new portal to apply but this one most PPR two days ago was from GCkey ���.

Please after creating an account, how to I get to the part where I fill forms and attach documents.
I can’t see it on my dashboard

Once you create an account, next step is to give answers to the questionnaires, then it will take you to the page where you are to upload your merged documents and the completed forms. You can download the forms there that you are expected to fill.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:25pm On May 18, 2022
“Please I need ur advice
My brother canada visa is approved and he have been asked to submit passport for visa
But his passport will expire on Feb 2023 that's 10 months left
Should he submit it or collect new passport or submit the old one he get , because he as already done capturing for the new passport but it's not yet out they said hopefully next week he should collect it “

Asking for a friend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mercyfoundme05: 2:26pm On May 18, 2022
Good afternoon everyone in the house and congratulations to those that just got their PPR…. E go reach us all wey remain.

Please I want to book for an upfront medical at IOM, and I need the link to make the booking. Please @everyone help….!! Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 18, 2022
Anon123:
“Please I need ur advice
My brother canada visa is approved and he have been asked to submit passport for visa
But his passport will expire on Feb 2023 that's 10 months left
Should he submit it or collect new passport or submit the old one he get , because he as already done capturing for the new passport but it's not yet out they said hopefully next week he should collect it “

Asking for a friend.
I feel if he hasn’t exceeded the 30 days timeline of sending in the passport he can wait since he won’t exceed it but if otherwise he should send the One he has
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 2:30pm On May 18, 2022
CharitoJames:

Some also take time... be calm

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:33pm On May 18, 2022
teelizy:
Hello guys, I am new here.
Please I need help, I applied for NSCC Admission and they send an email asking for my original waec&neco results which I did sent to them but the problem now is my waec certificate the date-of-birth is different from my original date-of-birth. I went to waec office to complain n beg them if they can help. but they said they can't do anything, I should go n sit for another waec. My
friends are advising me to go and do affidavit but
Nscc are unable to accept third-party corrections, including court affidavits. Please what can I do.

WTF!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please attach an affidavit of age along with the waec result and maybe a scratch card. It works for other colleges.

You might have to try other colleges. NSCC dy mad ni

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:35pm On May 18, 2022
Malone122:
I feel if he hasn’t exceeded the 30 days timeline of sending in the passport he can wait since he won’t exceed it but if otherwise he should send the One he has

So he can send the new passport along with the one he applied with?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 18, 2022
Anon123:

So he can send the new passport along with the one he applied with?
yes yes
He shouldn’t just exceed the 30 days timeline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:37pm On May 18, 2022
Mercyfoundme05:
Good afternoon everyone in the house and congratulations to those that just got their PPR…. E go reach us all wey remain.

Please I want to book for an upfront medical at IOM, and I need the link to make the booking. Please @everyone help….!! Thank you.

Just type "IOM Lagos or Abuja" on google.. You will get their site to book.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:39pm On May 18, 2022
Malone122:
yes yes
He shouldn’t just exceed the 30 days timeline

Okay thanks..
Last question,

If he does this, that means the new passport will be the one stamped.

I asked cos i advised him to send the old and new passports but no guarantees they will stamp the new one as it wasnt the one he applied for a visa with.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 2:52pm On May 18, 2022
Hafeez6948:
Please after sending documents through webform, is it possible that IRCC could have updated your application without given an update on your portal that new documents have been added. Thank you
yes
It can be updated without given info on portal, they may confirm reception of documents @email

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pittoilet(f): 2:53pm On May 18, 2022
Hello house can I use a microfinance bank statement for visa purposes?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:54pm On May 18, 2022
Hafeez6948:
Good day to everyone on this forum and congrats to all the PPR recipients may the land favour you all.

Please i need advice from gurus or anyone that can understand my situation. Abeg sorry for your precious time

My master program has started at university of Windsor may 9 and eligibility review started since April 29th ( more than 20 days now). Applied since march 3 timeline below

my school emailed me last week asking how soonest can i get my visa and i said hopefully before the end of this month. They replied that I should consider deferring that its too late Please Abeg advice me. Should I defer or wait till the end of this week (second week of resumption) or even end of the month

And could it be that IRCC has kept me stuck on eligibility review because they want me to update a new LOA. Abeg help a brother i am confused �

Some of the Documents submitted
IELT (7.5)
FATHER’S MBS savings account 14M ( looks lumpsome cuz he hasn't touched it close to a year but it was accumulated over 6 years from farming)
MOTHER MBS 4.5M (provision store)
My passport and data pages of my four years study visa in Russia
Parents passport and identity card
FATHER’S Government work ID
Govt work salary MBS <1M ( webform) (
Family pictures (webform)
LOE ,FATHER’S sponsorship letter
Tuition deposit 4000CAD receipt
Bachelor Degree and others.

YES, Please defer the admission immediately as your school advised so seeing that your reply to them doesnt show any guarantees.

For the bolded, it is highly possible your application will be paused as they are waiting on an updated LOA. IRCC hardly send mails asking for updated LOA or inform you that your medicals has expired. It is expected the applicant should be aware of this..

SO PLEASE DEFER.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 18, 2022
Anon123:

Okay thanks..
Last question,

If he does this, that means the new passport will be the one stamped.

I asked cos i advised him to send the old and new passports but no guarantees they will stamp the new one as it wasnt the one he applied for a visa with.
from what I know a friend did was when his old passport was about 8 months from expiring and he didn’t want to submit the old one but the new one for stamping
He got to write a small note sending to ircc through webform in his own case he said the passport was missing that’s why he had to get a new one for stamping

Mind you it wasn’t missing he just didn’t want the stamp to be on the one that had 8 months validity and even the old passport number would surely be on the new passport.

Yes to answer your question it would be stamped….. he should just write a note to ircc explaining why he is sending a new passport since the old one hasn’t expired
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by YUSUFF3: 3:07pm On May 18, 2022
Anon123:

The bolded is a yes...

To work to pay fees is possible but comes with a lot of self discipline and sacrifices

I can see some college offer part time study how many hours can a part time student work in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 3:07pm On May 18, 2022
Malone122:
from what I know a friend did was when his old passport was about 8 months from expiring and he didn’t want to submit the old one but the new one for stamping
He got to write a small note sending to ircc through webform in his own case he said the passport was missing that’s why he had to get a new one for stamping

Mind you it wasn’t missing he just didn’t want the stamp to be on the one that had 8 months validity and even the old passport number would surely be on the new passport.

Yes to answer your question it would be stamped….. he should just write a note to ircc explaining why he is sending a new passport since the old one hasn’t expired

Thanks brotherly..

I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 3:12pm On May 18, 2022
YUSUFF3:

I can see some college offer part time study how many hours can a part time student work in Canada

I believe the requirements for a study permit is the program has to be FULL TIME and not part time.

I havent seen anybody applying for a visa for a part time course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 3:12pm On May 18, 2022
Mercyfoundme05:

The account information is on their page..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by YUSUFF3: 3:12pm On May 18, 2022
Anon123:

Video no play o...

Longest time

Congratulations,
How do u got to Canada, through study or career ? How I can Learn from your experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by YUSUFF3: 3:15pm On May 18, 2022
Anon123:

I believe the requirements for a study permit is the program has to be FULL TIME and not part time.

I havent seen anybody applying for a visa for a part time course.

Thanks,
Going for the full time with you be the sponsored hope one can meet up the tuition fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 3:17pm On May 18, 2022
Meenah2hot:
. It means I can still show the visa officer I graduated with a third class and that's the reason for applying for Advance Diploma?
Thank you.

Yes please...

People here say you can get a PGD with your grade but they say its slim.

You can try the recommended colleges and see.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 3:20pm On May 18, 2022
YUSUFF3:

Thanks,
Going for the full time with you be the sponsored hope one can meet up the tuition fees.

It is possible. I know someone that was able to pay his fees while working in Canada but[b] IT IS NOT THAT EASY O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b]

I will advise you get a sponsor to make the burden lesser for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 3:20pm On May 18, 2022
quin9:
Please has anyone had experience renewing passport outside Lagos and the old passport number was not printed on it,instead the two passport are attached together
Also Should I send it for stamping like that or email the new one first to ircc.
You mean old passport number written on new passport after renewal...it is not applicable on e-passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 3:22pm On May 18, 2022
YUSUFF3:

Congratulations,
How do u got to Canada, through study or career ? How I can Learn from your experience?

The thread is migrating through study..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by YUSUFF3: 3:22pm On May 18, 2022
Anon123:

It is possible. I know someone that was able to pay his fees while working in Canada but[b] IT IS NOT THAT EASY O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b]

I will advise you get a sponsor to make the burden lesser for you

If they can do it , I can too , stress is normal for all winner. thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 3:25pm On May 18, 2022
YUSUFF3:

If they can do it , I can too , stress is normal for all winner. thanks

You are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by IjeomaChioma: 3:25pm On May 18, 2022
Please can you help review my SOP...I am actually using a sponsor and applied for student loan. Do I need to also attach my Statement of Account? And since I have a sponsor to cover everything with his supporting documents, will the amount in my account?

Please I need to help to be able to submit the application next week - 24th May, 2022.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by YUSUFF3: 3:25pm On May 18, 2022
Anon123:

The thread is migrating through study..

How can I start my own journey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by YUSUFF3: 3:26pm On May 18, 2022
Anon123:

You are welcome

For a start to how can one budget to start a college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 3:30pm On May 18, 2022
amila20042001:
Thanks.
What about uploaded documents?
How can I demonstrate to the VO the documents I uploaded so as to make it easy to locate?

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/274#93325073

Guidelines on how to Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS section
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91040264

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 3:33pm On May 18, 2022
Mercyfoundme05:

Everything you need to know about doing UPFRONT MEDICALS
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887195

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.