Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,352 members, 7,829,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (920204 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 10:24am On Jun 15, 2022
ppennny:
Please House
I’m a university of Nigeria Student but decided to seek for Admission in Canada,Since I haven’t graduated I’m going for an undergraduate program.
I have already summitted An Applications in Fleming college and university of Regina (I don’t really understand this University of Regina ,I summitted since First week of May and they ain’t saying anything yet)
Pls can someone direct me on how to go about it and which other school can I apply that can easily give me Admission

Which level of program do wish to enroll for?
Diploma, Adv. Diploma, Associate Degree, Bachelor Degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bobomaigida: 10:25am On Jun 15, 2022
nixymax:
Good Morning All,

Please what Naira rate will Egyptair use if I visit their office for payment. I don't have a dollar card so I can't pay online.

Na them you go ask o, when you reach there, or maybe someone who has used them can shed more light.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2022
Highstar2000:
Hi everyone,Can anyone suggest with schools that offer PGD programs closely related to my course. I studied food science and technology(ND) and Agric and bio environmental engineering(HND). Ive been searching for schools for about a month now. I want to apply for winter 2023. Any suggestions please ? Thanks

See the Programs below and the links, do your research, check each program overview, course outlines (subjects) of each program, tuition amount etc. and go for the one that suits you

Food Science Related PG.Cert Programs and Colleges offering them

PG. Cert, food safety and Quality Assurance – food Processing
Conestoga College, Ontario

PG. Cert, Operations Leadership in food Manufacturing
Conestoga College, Ontario

PG Cert, Food Processing – Operational Leadership
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, ONTARIO

PG Cert, Food Safety & Quality Assurance Management
Lambton College, Sarnia, ONTARIO

PG Cert, Food And Nutrition Management
Algonquin College, Ottawa, ONTARIO

Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario

George Brown College, Toronto, ONTARIO

Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Barrie, ONTARIO

Agriculture Related PG. Cert Programs and Colleges offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/652#105068607

AGRICULTURE TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION (POST-DIPLOMA CERTIFICATE)
Olds College, Olds, Alberta

Also Check the link below if you are interested in aquaculture

PG Cert., Aquaculture
Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario
https://flemingcollege.ca/programs/aquaculture#program-highlights
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samlolly28(m): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2022
Good morning guys, I just got served cold breakfast. Requested for gcms notes on 30th of may it should be here in about 2-3 weeks. My application was refused solely based on assets and financial situation please guys I need help and pointers on how to go about re-application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bobomaigida: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2022
OneLocalMan:

Hello house,

Can someone help explain gift deed, and what documents should be attached with a gift deed as proof.

Please guru in the house, attend to my questions above and provide assistance please , I appreciate your efforts. Thanks

Gift deed is a legal doc used to show that one party has willingly given another party a gift(mostly money). The doc now shows the party B is now the legal owner of the gift. Check this site for samples.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oremeter: 10:37am On Jun 15, 2022
Thank you bro Eden. Please is there a difference between Study Visa SOP and Letter of Explanation .

Thanks

Eden2018:
You can add this app and mention it in your SOP. You shd be fine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 10:40am On Jun 15, 2022
Sorry to hear this!
Are you self sponsored? How much is ur tuition and how much deposit did you make? How much did you present as POF?
Are you married?
Did you present any landed property?
Do you have a business or you are gainfully employed?
Answers to theses questions and many more can help provide clue on how to handle your reapplication, while you wait for your notes to arrive.
Samlolly28:
Good morning guys, I just got served cold breakfast. Requested for gcms notes on 30th of may it should be here in about 2-3 weeks. My application was refused solely based on assets and financial situation please guys I need help and pointers on how to go about re-application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by teewahlorlah90: 10:44am On Jun 15, 2022
Congratulations on your wife's PPR. Please can I reach out to you via email. I need your guidance please as I will be reapplying. Thanks
Mexzy88:
Yay!

I’ve been a silent reader here for some time now.

My wifes PPR just landed this morning (old portal)

First application submitted - 26th October 2021

Breakfast served - 14th February 2022

Reasons - home ties and funds

I applied immediately without even requesting for my refusal notes

2nd Application Submitted - 29th of April, 2022.

Medicals passed - 14th June 2022
Eligibility Review - still under review
Background check - Still under review
PPR - 14th June 2022.
No agent used. Just informations gotten on Nairaland and youtube. God bless you guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 10:49am On Jun 15, 2022
Samlolly28:
Sorry to hear this.
Kindly wait for you GCMS notes so as to have a bird-eye view of the exact cause of the refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LILIAN75: 10:56am On Jun 15, 2022
Pls what are you using to search, the least fare I saw on Egypt Air app is $1,871.81, most airlines with less fare has transit in USA and one will be needing transit visa to go with such airlines. Kindly suggest cheaper airlines one can use and won't be needing transit visa . Thank you
DaSugarBoi:

If u get a good rate for conversion from the airline ,the 1k is still fair ooo. I booked via travelstart for 526k tho na Aug I select sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mexzy88(m): 11:07am On Jun 15, 2022
teewahlorlah90:
Congratulations on your wife's PPR. Please can I reach out to you via email. I need your guidance please as I will be reapplying. Thanks
Sure, I would love to assist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Yemlizzy(f): 11:11am On Jun 15, 2022
iamblessed17:
PPR ALERT !!!!
COME AND JOIN ME AND THANK GOD FOR HIS MERCIES
FIRST TIME APPLICANT
APPLICATION DURATION TOOK 5 MONTHS
MY TIMELINE IS AS FOLLOWS
DROPPED APPLICATION- 26TH JANUARY 2022
DID BIOMETRICS - 28TH JANUARY 2022
UPDATED SAME DAY
DID UPFRONT MEDICALS - 7TH FEBRUARY 2022
I DON'T KNOW WHEN ELIGIBILITY STARTED COS MY AGENT DIDNT TELL ME
PPR DROPPED TODAY- 14TH JUNE 2022
i'm SO HAPPY, FEELS SO UNREAL
I SENT SO MANY WEB FORMS AND EMAILS
IT WILL END IN PRAISE FOR THOSE OF YOU STILL WAITING

PLEASE GURUS HOW CAN I SEND MY PASSPORT AND GET IT BACK ASAP
THANK YOU JESUS
Congratulations same way I would be congratulated too cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by deeteeneey(f): 11:18am On Jun 15, 2022
ppennny:
Please House
I’m a university of Nigeria Student but decided to seek for Admission in Canada,Since I haven’t graduated I’m going for an undergraduate program.
I have already summitted An Applications in Fleming college and university of Regina (I don’t really understand this University of Regina ,I summitted since First week of May and they ain’t saying anything yet)
Pls can someone direct me on how to go about it and which other school can I apply that can easily give me Admission
university of Lethbridge, Alberta
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AbionaT(f): 11:33am On Jun 15, 2022
Teemie22:
May 8 applicant. Biometric n medicals not yet updated. Anyone in this situation?
We are in the same boat oo, it will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Yemlizzy(f): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2022
ppennny:
Please House
Hi, you can check out University of Manitoba I got admission under less than 3 weeks. Brandon University and Memorial University of Newfoundland are others.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nummie(f): 11:45am On Jun 15, 2022
Congratulations, please sorry I am posting my questions here, I hope and pray someone see it and help me with some answers,

My agent don't want to give me username and password of the application he did, my question is how can I get it without his notice, also, I did upfront medical and submitted to her during my biometrics, she called last week Monday that the Ircc is demanding for my medicals, and she said she was going to send it again through web form, now I called to know if it's been updated and she said no that I should allow her do her work, I don't know how possible it is but can I still get medical request from Ircc after submitting my medicals? Please I need urgent response. Thanks and God bless
gaeul:
Congratulations, this is too good...The timing is fab for family...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by donbabe2000: 11:46am On Jun 15, 2022
Hello everyone,

please i need advice on the course to study
i graduated with HND in accounting 2011, after NYSC i have been working in bank as a customer care Executive and Echannel officer
i recently got admission for PGC to study Hospitality and Tourism Management which i love and would want to study, but i was advised to go for course that is related to my 9yrs work experience as going for a course that is not related to my work experience will affect my chance of getting PPR

please gurus in the house kindly assist to suggest a course that can be suitable for me as a customer care executive

warm regards,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Joedave25: 11:47am On Jun 15, 2022
swifteddy:
Hello family,I have been a silent reader for years and I decided to apply on my own using all the help from you all and the various suggestions.Today just barely 15minutes ago i I recieved two mails and when I checked the portal VISA has been approved.May jehovah name be blessed and I really want to thank you all and wish everyone the same blessing I recieved.
Funny enough till this moment no eligibility was ever started.submitted on march 16,biometrics of March 22 and now the visa out.

Your name is swift and it came for you....... congratulations.....ours will be the next
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DaSugarBoi(m): 11:47am On Jun 15, 2022
LILIAN75:
Pls what are you using to search, the least fare I saw on Egypt Air app is $1,871.81, most airlines with less fare has transit in USA and one will be needing transit visa to go with such airlines. Kindly suggest cheaper airlines one can use and won't be needing transit visa . Thank you
Search through Travelstart or download Egypt Air app as someone suggested earlier. Still saw a one way trip for 595k to Toronto this morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Georgegreen86: 11:56am On Jun 15, 2022
donbabe2000:
Hello everyone,

i graduated with HND in accounting 2011, after NYSC i have been working in bank as a customer care Executive and Echannel officer
i recently got admission for PGC to study Hospitality and Tourism Management which i love and would want to study, but i was advised to go for course that is related to my 9yrs work experience as going for a course that is not related to my work experience will affect my chance of getting PPR

please gurus in the house kindly assist to suggest a course that can be suitable for me as a customer care executive

warm regards,

Go for work related course ... except u have a strong back up for hospitality course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by obaalasepe: 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2022
Please my sister how did you defend your hometies?
How much prove of funds did you present?
Let us know the documents you submitted.
God bless bless you.
Spicy12345:
Its PPR guys. Long Post alert

I have been a silent reader of Nairaland since the beginning of this year and everything that led to this point (obtaining our PPR), Nairaland contributed to it.
We started this journey in 2021. I started off with some countries which eventually did not work out. My husband had applied to a couple of schools and we either received rejections or no responses at all. Fast forward to January, my sister was leaving for Canada at the time and came visiting so I requested that she helped apply to a school. We followed up and received admission to Centennial College for a Postgraduate Certificate program in Cybersecurity. It is also worthy to note that we applied to several schools in the UK, I think about 6 or 7 of them and got admission to all.
Amidst all these, my husband insisted on Canada.
We applied for my husband's Study visa, my Spousal Open Work Permit and a Visiting Visa for my 19 months daughter on the 1st of April, 2022. This happened when everywhere I turned to for assistance on how to proceed with these applications kept giving warning signs for my husband to apply alone. My husband insisted that we all apply together and back it up with prayers and I agreed.
We gathered all our documents and applied with faith and the wait started. Sometimes, I would wake up in the middle of the night and say my prayers sometimes with tears. Sometimes, I and my husband would find it difficult to sleep at night. I would disturb my sister from time to time even during her busy schedule just to find out if there was anything to do to hasten the process. I am not a very patient person but my husband who has more patience among the both of us started to worry too on the 1st of June. We kept praying and hoping that God comes through.
I felt our application could be better but believed God will use the documents we had submitted to speak for us. We noticed that his passport was due to expire in October and then we decided to apply for that as quickly as possible.
On the 5th of June, my husband came back home worried which increased my worry as well but we kept telling each other that our application was more complex so it may take them a while to get to it.
On the 7th of June at around 7:30am, my husband called my attention and, in his words, "it is already happening o"
I ran to his phone and saw 3 emails with "do not reply", my heart skipped several beats and I remember saying to him, if we were rejected, we fire again.
I went straight for the laptop but was not fast enough as I kept shaking. My husband grabbed it and signed in.
At this point, I hissed and said aloud "Eligibility just started and its a ghost update", then he said hold on let me scroll down and there it was Original Passport Request. I screamed my lungs out.
Our timeline:
GCKey 1st time applicant
Application: 1st of April, 2022
Upfront medicals: 26t of March and updated to pass on the 21st of April, 2022
Biometrics: 14th of April, 2022
PPR for Study, SOWP, and VV on the 8th of June.

I would say it has been God and I am putting this out there to encourage people most especially families who are too afraid to apply together. Do it, research, make your application as tight as possible, and back it up with prayers. I reached out to only one person on this thread who happened to be going to the same school as my husband, @centennialguy, thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
I wish everyone the best and to all PPR hopefuls, your time is now.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemie22: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
AbionaT:

We are in the same boat oo, it will end in praise.
Amen o. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AbionaT(f): 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2022
Mexzy88:
Yay!

I’ve been a silent reader here for some time now.

My wifes PPR just landed this morning (old portal)

First application submitted - 26th October 2021

Breakfast served - 14th February 2022

Reasons - home ties and funds

I applied immediately without even requesting for my refusal notes

2nd Application Submitted - 29th of April, 2022.

Medicals passed - 14th June 2022
Eligibility Review - still under review
Background check - Still under review
PPR - 14th June 2022.
No agent used. Just informations gotten on Nairaland and youtube. God bless you guys.

Congratulations, may Canada land favour her in Jesus.
God I'm using this medium to praise you ahead for my own PPR too. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Juicy7: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
Hello guys
I've got a question
If your course requires you to pass the first year before being admitted into the main program which in total makes it four years
Can I tell the immigration officer at the airport that my duration of study is 4 years ?
Even if it was one year visa I got
Pls help me o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AbionaT(f): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2022
iamblessed17:
PPR ALERT !!!!
COME AND JOIN ME AND THANK GOD FOR HIS MERCIES
FIRST TIME APPLICANT
APPLICATION DURATION TOOK 5 MONTHS
MY TIMELINE IS AS FOLLOWS
DROPPED APPLICATION- 26TH JANUARY 2022
DID BIOMETRICS - 28TH JANUARY 2022
UPDATED SAME DAY
DID UPFRONT MEDICALS - 7TH FEBRUARY 2022
I DON'T KNOW WHEN ELIGIBILITY STARTED COS MY AGENT DIDNT TELL ME
PPR DROPPED TODAY- 14TH JUNE 2022
i'm SO HAPPY, FEELS SO UNREAL
I SENT SO MANY WEB FORMS AND EMAILS
IT WILL END IN PRAISE FOR THOSE OF YOU STILL WAITING

PLEASE GURUS HOW CAN I SEND MY PASSPORT AND GET IT BACK ASAP
THANK YOU JESUS

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2022
donbabe2000:
Hello everyone,

warm regards,

You should go for a course related to your work experience as this will show career progression.

Some suitable courses are Banking, Finance, Customer Service and Sales, Marketing, Business Analysis among others.

Another point is as those courses listed above show career progression, they also show academic progression at the same time as some of them are related to Accounting in which you already hold an HND.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samlolly28(m): 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2022
Thank you very much amila. I am 25 years old, single and I am being sponsored by my dad. My tuition fee is 11,200 CAD per year (2 years course) and I paid 7,000 CAD for the first semester. I presented 2 of my dad's account 5m and 4m respectively and also 3 of his landed documents (mostly houses he built and rented out) backed up with affidavits stating I am his next of kin and sometimes help in managing those properties cos of he's growing old. I Finished NYSC in April currently unemployed .
amila20042001:
Sorry to hear this!
Are you self sponsored? How much is ur tuition and how much deposit did you make? How much did you present as POF?
Are you married?
Did you present any landed property?
Do you have a business or you are gainfully employed?
Answers to theses questions and many more can help provide clue on how to handle your reapplication, while you wait for your notes to arrive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ayotoyin(f): 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2022
Good afternoon members congrats to everyone and best of luck to awaiting members.

kindly help with list of schools in Canada that takes HND in Quantity surveying for construction project management/ Project management . Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samlolly28(m): 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
Thanks bro. I will surely do that and post the gcms notes here when they arrive. I don't know why but I am very positive when I tackle the refusal reason I will be granted PPR speedily.
ShowYoung:

Sorry to hear this.
Kindly wait for you GCMS notes so as to have a bird-eye view of the exact cause of the refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eden2018: 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
The problem now is that I could not get a flight going to my final destination. The ones I saw were all going to Toronto.

Pls has any used mytrip.com to book. Their prices are really cheap @ 450k per person. I saw them through Skyscanner
DaSugarBoi:

If u get a good rate for conversion from the airline ,the 1k is still fair ooo. I booked via travelstart for 526k tho na Aug I select sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.