Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907918 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2022
Sand4love:

My Timeline Guys

University of Windsor
Msc of Management 2 years course
Single

Applicants Documents (as seen in my table of content)
1. SOP
2. CV
3. LOI from current place of work
4. Employment letters from current and previous places of work.
5. 4months Payslips and Letter of Increment
6. Work ID
7. Employee of the month Award
8. ICAN Exams docs.
9. FRSC CERT
10. NYSC CERT
11. Diploma & Bsc certs & transcripts
12. WAEC Cert.
13. Affidavit to correct wrong DOB on WAEC Cert
14. Local Govt identification letter
15. Birth certificate
16. Police character cert
17. Upfront medicals
18. Gift Deed from brother - Landed property.
*I did not submit my bank statement.

Sponsors Documents (Brother)
1. Sponsorship letter
2. MBS with a balance of 13m with good inflow and outflow
3. Deposit Receipt $4,000 cad
4-6 Business docs
7-8 Passport Datapage & Stamped pages
9. Previous cash gifts from Sponsor.
10. Assets Docs and pictures (cars, house, landed property)
11. Parents voters cards
12. Siblings Birth certificates.

My SOP was written by @GCMSWRITERS though I had to restructure to suit my exact intentions.
Big thanks to @just mellow for answering all my questions and other gurus in the house.
@kweje, you know I cannot thank you enough. You became a big sis to me on nairaland, you held me by the hands throughout the process up till this point. Big hug sis...thank you so much.

Please guys do not let anyone discourage you from applying, put in your best foot, get the right connection here, read through others experience. You are good to go.

Thank you guys, We shall all testify.

Was your sop written for you for free?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fardowsa: 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2022
thank you all for your compassion
I got my admission in January, we made the first tuition deposit in February, took about 2 months to gather documents for the visa process.
I submitted my application on May 14, 2022.
Biometrics was done 23 May, 2022, updated same day.
I had an upfront medical exam on 16 April 2022
Medicals was updated on 16 May 2022

I got my refusal letter, 17 June 2022. Reason: insufficient financial funds for me and accompanying family member (my mom)

I might apply again, so i thought to use the GIC as proof of funds with CIBC. Is this advisable? Does anyone know how the process works?

i feel i still have time to apply and also get my visa before school resumption in the fall.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2022
Lezy:

Please guru, Your purpose of visit to Canada is not consistent....What does this means? And how to handle it? Please, help!!!

In the absence of information relating to your application and GCMS notes, this refusal reason is sometimes due to inability to show either career or academic progression, failure to convince the VO in your SOP about your purpose of visit and some other reasons.

You need to order for GCMS notes to see the exact refusal reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2022
Lezy:

Please guru, Your purpose of visit to Canada is not consistent....What does this means? And how to handle it? Please, help!!!
cheesy I ain't a guru oooo

By the way, the contents in the link below would/should be of help

https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/391#63425662

Also await additional Inputs from the gurus and other members of this platform

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2022
Congratulations sand4love

Was it only one bank statement that your sponsor submitted?

Also what do you mean by Ican exam docs? Did you get this from your portal?

Thanks.

Sand4love:

My Timeline Guys

University of Windsor
Msc of Management 2 years course
Single

Applicants Documents (as seen in my table of content)
1. SOP
2. CV
3. LOI from current place of work
4. Employment letters from current and previous places of work.
5. 4months Payslips and Letter of Increment
6. Work ID
7. Employee of the month Award
8. ICAN Exams docs.
9. FRSC CERT
10. NYSC CERT
11. Diploma & Bsc certs & transcripts
12. WAEC Cert.
13. Affidavit to correct wrong DOB on WAEC Cert
14. Local Govt identification letter
15. Birth certificate
16. Police character cert
17. Upfront medicals
18. Gift Deed from brother - Landed property.
*I did not submit my bank statement.

Sponsors Documents (Brother)
1. Sponsorship letter
2. MBS with a balance of 13m with good inflow and outflow
3. Deposit Receipt $4,000 cad
4-6 Business docs
7-8 Passport Datapage & Stamped pages
9. Previous cash gifts from Sponsor.
10. Assets Docs and pictures (cars, house, landed property)
11. Parents voters cards
12. Siblings Birth certificates.

My SOP was written by @GCMSWRITERS though I had to restructure to suit my exact intentions.
Big thanks to @just mellow for answering all my questions and other gurus in the house.
@kweje, you know I cannot thank you enough. You became a big sis to me on nairaland, you held me by the hands throughout the process up till this point. Big hug sis...thank you so much.

Please guys do not let anyone discourage you from applying, put in your best foot, get the right connection here, read through others experience. You are good to go.

Thank you guys, We shall all testify.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by loohlaah: 8:53pm On Jun 18, 2022
People of God, I have been served breakfast. Who can help me order for my GCMS notes that won’t take up to a month before I get it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2022
Thank you!
Deyoungjoe16:

No you can’t, check the next available dates for IOM ABUJA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MaameU: 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2022
Is there anyone here going to NSCC in September?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bobomaigida: 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
Iykevirgo:
Hmmm.. This feeling of being rejected isn't funny.�
I applied March 22, only to be served breakfast on June 16th.

Reason:
Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

My Tuition fee was about #43k for a 1 year program
POF: cad $ 11,000 in savings and cad $50,000 study loan.

I thought this was sufficient, since the total covers everything.

So sorry for the refusal, on the surface everything looks fine but I personally think that VO has appraised your circumstances to issue the refusal like how you can repay the loan? sources of your savings? etc, ( there could also be a possibility of bias too) please request for your GCMS notes to know the exact reasons.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2022
How una dey my people. If you have been refused, thank God for life. Order your notes and relax your energy. Ma kanju labe gbona ooo. It is well. And for those of us wey IRCC don turn our application to case study, God go pour Him fire on the application. And for those already open to options, no dull am ooo. Canada will no kill you if you go to Togo ooo. A ju wa se ooo

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2022
Is there anyone for winter term that has received an approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lamash: 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
Teemenzo:
How una dey my people. If you have been refused, thank God for life. Order your notes and relax your energy. Ma kanju labe gbona ooo. It is well. And for those of us wey IRCC don turn our application to case study, God go pour Him fire on the application. And for those already open to options, no dull am ooo. Canada will no kill you if you go to Togo ooo. A ju wa se ooo

Your PPR coming before end of June, by God's grace. My prayers are with you.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samlolly28(m): 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2022
lmao, Abi o wetin man go dov
Teemenzo:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
lamash:

Your PPR coming before end of June, by God's grace. My prayers are with you.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
Samlolly28:
lmao, Abi o wetin man go dov

Make man,enter another parole ooo. Also make man dey happy with people wey dem give ppr and stay jiggy for those wey dem serve wotowoto
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deeayo19(f): 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2022
I want to apply to College of North Atlantic next year for a diploma in Medical office Management. I have been working in a Teaching Hospital for five years now. I am a civil servant as well.
I studied English in University and graduated in 2012. I worked as a customer care rep before I got the government job. Does my course of choice show career progression?
Abeg Nairalanders, make una advise me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omoba95(f): 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
About a week to 2 weeks

VonVictor:
Good day,

Please what's the average time to get passport stamped in Lagos. For those that used Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Keren12: 11:29pm On Jun 18, 2022
Who is going or already studying in Seneca college? Please how did you login to your portal to accept your offer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 12:04am On Jun 19, 2022
MediaLady:
My People, God has done it for my family...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dancing emoji*

IT'S PPR...!!!
Family of 3...!!!
I have been laughing and crying at the same time...
After 5 years of being away from my husband...
My son and I applied from Nigeria, while my husband applied from the US...

Please join me in praising the Lord. After 3 times (US) F2 denial for my son and I...we have finally overcome this challenge. I do not take this for granted Oh! Lord!!

TIMELINE:
Application Submission: May 19
Upfront Medicals in Nigeria (SP & VV): May 23
Biometrics (SP) in Nigeria: May 26
Upfront Medicals (SOWP) in the US: June 3rd
Biometrics (SOWP) in the US: June 9th
Ghost Update (SP, VV & SOWP): June 11th
Eligibility:  I can’t really say.
Medical Passed (SP, VV & SOWP): June 18th (today)
PPR (SP, VV & SOWP): June 18th

I will come back to share the documents submitted...

Thank you Jesus...!!!

Big Congratulations to you and yours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hanzat: 12:07am On Jun 19, 2022
Thank you for your response @Ketima
Ketima:

Hello Hanzat,

You can only apply for SOWP using the GCKey. The new portal is for study and visiting Visa unless they have included it recently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by QuinM: 12:56am On Jun 19, 2022
Waoooo

Congratulations!
Super fast!

I tap this Grace for speed in Jesus name amen!

MediaLady:
My People, God has done it for my family...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dancing emoji*

IT'S PPR...!!!
Family of 3...!!!
I have been laughing and crying at the same time...
After 5 years of being away from my husband...
My son and I applied from Nigeria, while my husband applied from the US...

Please join me in praising the Lord. After 3 times (US) F2 denial for my son and I...we have finally overcome this challenge. I do not take this for granted Oh! Lord!!

TIMELINE:
Application Submission: May 19
Upfront Medicals in Nigeria (SP & VV): May 23
Biometrics (SP) in Nigeria: May 26
Upfront Medicals (SOWP) in the US: June 3rd
Biometrics (SOWP) in the US: June 9th
Ghost Update (SP, VV & SOWP): June 11th
Eligibility:  I can’t really say.
Medical Passed (SP, VV & SOWP): June 18th (today)
PPR (SP, VV & SOWP): June 18th

I will come back to share the documents submitted...

Thank you Jesus...!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Qwerty7654: 1:02am On Jun 19, 2022
Hello guys!
My application is over 15weeks and my school resumes next month. [b]Is it advisable to contact a MP?[/b]Or is it still early to contact MP to help in making enquiry about my application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 1:16am On Jun 19, 2022
Qwerty7654:
Hello guys!
My application is over 15weeks and my school resumes next month. [b]Is it advisable to contact a MP?[/b]Or is it still early to contact MP to help in making enquiry about my application ?

The processing time on the IRCC website says 12 weeks processing time and your application is over 12 weeks already which has passed normal processing time

By the way, aside Nairobi IRCC office, have you sent webforms and mails to other IRCC offices?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemie22: 1:43am On Jun 19, 2022
kiari:
Please who is with me o. I submitted In May, upfront medicals in April. Till now medicals has not been passed. Please what do I do?
Same here, Submitted May 8, upfront medical and biometrics yet to reflect. I’ve started sending mails thou.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemie22: 1:56am On Jun 19, 2022
Keren12:
Who is going or already studying in Seneca college? Please how did you login to your portal to accept your offer?
https://students.senecacollege.ca/ Click on student home, login with your details and click on Admissions. Accept the course of your choice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 1:59am On Jun 19, 2022
Thanks for response.
My school resumes fall22. I want to reapply to meet up with the Fall 22, so can't wait for GCMS NOTE to arrive 30+ days.

Could this be as a result of having visitor application running while submitting Study visa application? Should I cancel the visitor application before reapply?
Lekiboboe:

cheesy I ain't a guru oooo

By the way, the contents in the link below would/should be of help

https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/391#63425662

Also await additional Inputs from the gurus and other members of this platform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 2:19am On Jun 19, 2022
ShowYoung:

In the absence of information relating to your application and GCMS notes, this refusal reason is sometimes due to inability to show either career or academic progression, failure to convince the VO in your SOP about your purpose of visit and some other reasons.

You need to order for GCMS notes to see the exact refusal reason.

GCMS will take 30 or more days. School resumes fall 2022. So I want reapply next week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Qwerty7654: 2:39am On Jun 19, 2022
Lekiboboe:

The processing time on the IRCC website says 12 weeks processing time and your application is over 12 weeks already which has passed normal processing time

By the way, aside Nairobi IRCC office, have you sent webforms and mails to other IRCC offices?

I only sent webform to Nairobi IRCC office and emails to Nairobi, Lagos and Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 3:13am On Jun 19, 2022
Qwerty7654:

I only sent webform to Nairobi IRCC office and emails to Nairobi, Lagos and Abuja.
Ok

Try to contact other IRCC OFFICES outside Africa via webform and Emails, send the emails twice a week

Webform Links (Nairobi, Beijing, Guangzhou, London)
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/195#98589889

Email address of other IRCC offices you can send mails to
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/6#97288992

Also

Mail the MP of the Province your school is located and explain your situation to him/her using the template in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/683#113890150
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 3:19am On Jun 19, 2022
Lezy:
Thanks for response.
My school resumes fall22. I want to reapply to meet up with the Fall 22, so can't wait for GCMS NOTE to arrive 30+ days.

Could this be as a result of having visitor application running while submitting Study visa application? Should I cancel the visitor application before reapply?

You are welcome

I don't know, have heard on this platform many times that dual intent is allowed i.e one application doesn't affect the other. Unfortunately only your GCMS NOTE can state the refusal reasons you need to tackle in your re-application cos atimes the content of a refusal letter is usually generic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pareeHot: 3:35am On Jun 19, 2022
Congratulations, do we have to pay of medicals? or was this just because you were in Dubai?

Chiziteremary:
Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 3:43am On Jun 19, 2022
Lezy:
Thanks for response.

By the way, there might be something about your application that brought about the refusal reason "Your purpose of visit to Canada is not consistent".

that being said,

-What did you study in the University or Polytechnic?
- Did you have a 2.1, 2.2.?
- What Year did you graduate?
- What is the name of your Job?
- What is the name and qualification of the program you got admission for in Canada?

Your answer to the above questions might shed more light to the mentioned refusal reason.

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.