Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908618 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

Not to come on Monday, sorry. But to book on Monday. I hope they give me appointment next week o

Are you in lagos or Abuja? You can book it online. Don’t wait to go there. The Dates fill up fast.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2022
Qre1:
Hi guys can a bank statement of 3m in my company account and power finance approved loan sponsor letter get me visa for post grad diploma course of 1year I need advice

Please provide information relating to your study such as total tuition fee, duration and your total budget
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
Hello

has anyone used CIBC student deposit program or GIC program...I heard if you transfer your living expenses to your deposit account or GIC this convinces the VO of your available funds and it increases visa chances...pls how true is this?

and if true, is the student deposit program better or the GIC program

Yes it I part of the requirements for the NSE
https://cibc.com/isbo
This is where you sign up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

Are you using NSE?

Yes that is what I want to use since I don’t have sufficient time. The only pending thing now is Medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
living expenses is 10k for applicant, 4k for spouse and 3k for child which is 17k for one year thats equivalent to 5.6M naira so i guess 30M should be okay for bank statement

Ok great, have you added your tuition to it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2022
how do we fund the GIC account

tytmed:

Yes it I part of the requirements for the NSE
https://cibc.com/isbo
This is where you sign up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 5:26pm On Jun 25, 2022
i am paying full tuition fee and this is not included in this 30M...this 30M is just for living expenses only

Teemenzo:

Ok great, have you added your tuition to it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
tytmed:

Yes that is what I want to use since I don’t have sufficient time. The only pending thing now is Medicals.
Lucky you. I hope I sort myself out soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
I have decided to apply for my study permit myself ss i have seen a lot of people do that successfuly but i need someone that can help with writing a strong SOP as i will be travelling with my baby and my spouse
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 5:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
tytmed:

Are you in lagos or Abuja? You can book it online. Don’t wait to go there. The Dates fill up fast.
I’m in Lagos. They said there booking is only on Mondays. Do you know the time frame for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
i am paying full tuition fee and this is not included in this 30M...this 30M is just for living expenses only

You are good to go. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 5:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
Thanks so much....pls i would love to opt in for the medicals first before i submit my application. How do i go about it pls and how will it be updated on my GCKey portal

Teemenzo:

You are good to go. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2022
and since am applying online do i put all my documents in one pdf file and upload on the portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Herlymah1295: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2022
Calmdancer21:
You can become a travel advisor just from what you read here. for all of you that contributed and keeps contributing to the success of others may God keep blessing you my target is to help at least one person from this from without charging kobo
Here is my timeline
Application Submission: 23 November
Biometrics: December 3
Upfront Medical: 17 November
medical updated to pass December 23
Eligibility: Started in January
i had to defer my admission to spring, applied for a new CAQ and also uploaded my new LOA via webform

Documents Submitted;
All IMM forms
School Fees payment receipt for $8000
4 page SOP, where i explained my study gap and also a lump sum in the account of my sponsor
Bank Statements of my sponsor including salary account. NB sponsor is my mom
Marriage Certificate of my parents
My Dad's Death Certificate
Gift Deed of a land and one house from my mom
All the documents of my mom landed properties
her 4 months salary slip
her employment letter
her passport
her affidavit of support
her letter of support

on my part
i submitted a letter of recommendation from a volunteer job which stated that me going for my studies will be a great opportunity to add my to their workforce when i complete my studies
B.Sc Results & Transcript
IELTS 7.5
NYSC cert
my car papers
my drivers license
Resume
two photos of my moms house

during the wait i started writing IRCC some emails and i noticed they blocked my email address, so i switched to webform then moved on to message all 78 MPs representing quebec, ordered my gcm notes but it has not arrived yet.
i did not submit MybankStatements for myself.

i tried reaching out to some gurus personally to help me at some point but they kept insisting that they handle the whole process. which i declined for personal reasons thank God it worked out for me.
with time i am also willing to assist with a copy of my SOP, if that will help.

I’d love to have a copy of your SOP please as a guideline. Habdulrasheed02@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kemi2606: 5:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
Good evening everyone, please I am new here and I need help with SOP as I will like my husband and my child to go with me for my study, how do I explain it in my SOP to make sense plus my child is a Canadian born will it affect my getting my study permit and my husband's work permit process?

Anticipating your answers. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by marexluv(f): 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hello everyone please I have not received any mail from ircc since I submitted a month ago asides my biometric mail and the status of my application is still showing submitted. I used the new portal and did upfront medicals. Is this normal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2022
are you applying yourself?

Kemi2606:
Good evening everyone, please I am new here and I need help with SOP as I will like my husband and my child to go with me for my study, how do I explain it in my SOP to make sense plus my child is a Canadian born will it affect my getting my study permit and my husband's work permit process?

Anticipating your answers. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
how do we fund the GIC account

You can do a bank transfer. They will give you bank account and swift code.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2022
a bank transfer from my normal naira account right? cos i dnt have a domicilary account

tytmed:

You can do a bank transfer. They will give you bank account and swift code.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Herlymah1295: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2022
Good evening everyone. Please I am new here. I plan on using my maternal aunty as my sponsor and she resides in Canada, same city as the school I applied to. I hope there is nothing wrong with this. And also, I want to ask how much is needed to be in her account for her to be my sponsor and also what documents do I need from her to support my application. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kemi2606: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
are you applying yourself?

yes I am applying myself
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

I’m in Lagos. They said there booking is only on Mondays. Do you know the time frame for it?

Did they tell you what date you can get?

Use these links to register. If you can go to Abuja it’s better. Abuja has date for 7th July

https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome
https://www.qlifefamilyclinic.com/appointments-landing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2022
My Form A application is currently on ADB Disbursement Reviewer Stage (GT Bank). I haven't gotten any debit alert whatsoever but I just saw on my bank app that my current balance is short 3,033,582.68 from the book balance (the transaction is 9241.93 cad. Does this mean GT bank is about to complete the transaction?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2022
tytmed:

Use these links to register. If you can go to Abuja it’s better. Abuja has date for 7th July

No. I wasn’t told. They said that June is full.

I don’t think I can go to Abuja, honestly. God help me.
Lemme try your link
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2022
tytmed:

There’s no booking space once I click the first box

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by quin9(f): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hi guys back to drop my landing gist,congrats to everyone who’s gotten PPR and those still waiting,God will do it for you too.

Landing Gist
Your girl is now live in Van city
I flew KLM on the 20th of June at 10pm,I had paid for an extra 23kg bag(107k),had a 9 hrs layover at Armsterdam.At the Lagos airport everything was fine except one wizard seized my frozen red oil which he later gave to my sister when they were leaving(e pained me oh).Documents requested was only ArriveCAN receipt and passport.
Arrived Amsterdam 7am as Against 5:40am that was scheduled coz the flight was delayed.No document was asked just passport and boarding pass was checked,I found a comfortable chair to sleep,connected to Wi-Fi and was able to chat with family,the 9hrs went by really fast.
Amsterdam to Vancouver:
Flight time was 9hrs 15mins,flight was good and full,I had more leg room,was able to use the Wi-Fi on board for like an hour,we got refreshments 4times!(a bit too much for me..lol).
Boarding gate,only passport and boarding pass was required nobody asked for any other documents,no resumption or enrollment question was asked from Nigeria up to this point.
Vancouver: Arrived 5:15,proceeded to the self declaration machine and the the immigration officer who directed me to the office where I’ll get my study permit,all I was asked was the letter of introduction and in less that 3mins he handed me my study permit no questions asked.Na me come dey find wetin i fit ask the guy
Then I proceeded to grab my bags,connected to Wi-Fi to notify my folks and also change some dollars to CAD so I have some cash for Taxi,in all I was out of the airport in less than 30mins.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ToryWoods(m): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hello everyone.
Please is Egypt Air okay to book with? KLM and Lufthansa looks a bit expensive..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2022
Try by Monday to find space. if you don’t, try upper week Monday again, or you could call Qlife when they would have available space again.
SaniceSanice123:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2022
justwise:
This is part 21

Part 19 here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Visit Canadian embassy website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp for more information and updates

Good luck to all TRV hopefuls and to many of you here helping out with answers and words of encouragement a massive thank you to everyone of you, your efforts here contribute to the success of this thread.

PHRECY YOUR ATTENTION SHOULD BE HERE.
Please follow this post. Click on that justwise name, you will be directed to where all your questions will be answered
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

That means June and July are fully booked try to call them on Monday. Check the other IOM link for lagos. It has lagos date for 1st of august. I just checked it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2022
Good evening @ Lekiboboe:

I have searched on Google without any success.

Please, do you know any college in Ontario that offers a PG cert or diploma program in Labour Relations and Employment Law?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omnisavage: 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
kai. i'm also in this boat o. since May 17. I've even done upfront medical, over 2 weeks now no update on that one too.
what is our offence?
Teemie22:
Please house does biometrics take over a month to reflect? I did mine May 13th, no update till now. I reached out to vfs, they said its ircc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.