Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,482 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (731) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (920465 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2022
Gotten what ? The medical slip? If that’s what you are asking, yes, I have
SaniceSanice123:

God bless. I really appreciate. Have you gotten yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Faeyth: 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
mrprolifik:

Yes the one certifying that you have completed secondary school.
I hope you don't have a study gap of more than 5years? I am asking because I know Durham college doesn't admit Nigerians with more than 5years study gap into their undergraduate programs.

Thank you so much for the information. No study gap is just a year I finished 2021.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2022
Pprince2:

It's bachelor degree,2.1, 4years study gap. No adequate work experience,

This is a popular course, I will provide just few here: there are still many more.

University of New Brunswick.
MEng/MSc. Electrical Engineering.
https://www.unb.ca/gradstudies/programs/electrical.html

Ryerson University.
MEng/MASc. Electrical Engineering.
https://www.torontomu.ca/graduate/programs/electrical-computer-engineering/

University of Saskatchewan.
MEng/MSc. Electrical Engineering.
https://grad.usask.ca/programs/electrical-computer-engineering.php
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samxx: 9:08pm On Jun 25, 2022
guys please I have a few questions , Firstly can Medicals be done in another country and attached to an application when applying from Nigeria , Also please if anyone has idea of courses in PGD someone with a third class degree in Insurance and Actuarial science can go for, I just graduated and I am waiting on ASUU for transcripts and Certificate , but I have been running a transport and tourism business since 2019 , registered and all and the Business is doing well and I have been using that to sponsor myself from Uni, please I would appreciate all input and insights.Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2022
Samxx:
guys please I have a few questions , Firstly can Medicals be done in another country and attached to an application when applying from Nigeria , Also please if anyone has idea of courses in PGD someone with a third class degree in Insurance and Actuarial science can go for, I just graduated and I am waiting on ASUU for transcripts and Certificate , but I have been running a transport and tourism business since 2019 , registered and all and the Business is doing well and I have been using that to sponsor myself from Uni, please I would appreciate all input and insights.Thanks

You may be able to get admission in the following courses:

PGC. Insurance and Risk Management.
Fanshawe College.
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/irm1-insurance-and-risk-management/next

PGC. Business Analytics. ***This better****
Niagara College.
https://www.niagaracollege.ca/business/program/analytics/

PGC. International Business Management.
Niagara College.
https://www.niagaracollege.ca/business/program/international-business-management/

PGC. Business Management.
Fanshawe College.
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/bmt1b-business-management/next#program-details

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Reggyiyke: 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Reggyiyke: 9:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Your sister should seee the links below for

PG. Cert programs in Psychology related programs and Colleges offering it
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/204#98659478

also she should google
Post Graduate Certificate in Autism and Behavioral Science programs in Ontario , there are lots of colleges in Ontario offering that program. This program is very related to PSYCHOLOGY

THANK YOU SO MUCH MY PERSON
DEEPLY APPRECIATED.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 9:16pm On Jun 25, 2022
for someone going for a 3 years course do you need to have the total living expenses and total tuition fee in your bank statement or just for one year is enough�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
for someone going for a 3 years course do you need to have the total living expenses and total tuition fee in your bank statement or just for one year is enough�

You must be able to show the total funds needed for the three years. If you cannot show all, you have a lot of proving to do to show to the VO that you have working source of income to finance the second and third year after showing the first year fund.

Because this is difficult to prove, this is why people stick to showing all the funds for the three years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samxx: 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
Thanks a lot for your reply , is it better I get a course that tally with my previous degree or with my business, which do you think the vo will see as a reasonable progression .

ShowYoung:

You may be able to get admission in the following courses:

PGC. Insurance and Risk Management.
Fanshawe College.
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/irm1-insurance-and-risk-management/next

PGC. Business Analytics. ***This better****
Niagara College.
https://www.niagaracollege.ca/business/program/analytics/

PGC. International Business Management.
Niagara College.
https://www.niagaracollege.ca/business/program/international-business-management/

PGC. Business Management.
Fanshawe College.
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/bmt1b-business-management/next#program-details

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fardowsa: 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
Teemenzo:

Yeah but the person asking should take his or her time to build such account. No be to drop some bars within one week or one month and say POF don ready ooo. And no be to go forge POF with the bank

Good evening sir, i have a question,
So i got my refusal letter on June 17, I wanted to know if i should inform my school, although i am preparing to apply for another one as i still want to resume to school by September, by God's grace.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
Samxx:
Thanks a lot for your reply , is it better I get a course that tally with my previous degree or with my business, which do you think the vo will see as a reasonable progression .

Due to the study gap bridged by work experience, you should go with the one related to your work experience.

Your work experience overrides your academic qualifications. This will be seen as career progression.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 9:32pm On Jun 25, 2022
living expenses for three years would be 30K cad but a year tuition is 18k cad....but tuition fee are not fixed as they can increase anytime so how do i go about the tuition fee for the three years program

ShowYoung:

You must be able to show the total funds needed for the three years. If you cannot show all, you have a lot of proving to do to show to the VO that you have working source of income to finance the second and third year after showing the first year fund.

Because this is difficult to prove, this is why people stick to showing all the funds for the three years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
living expenses for three years would be 30K cad but a year tuition is 18k cad....but tuition fee are not fixed as they can increase anytime so how do i go about the tuition fee for the three years program

If it's not quoted anywhere, use the first year's as a projection to others.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 9:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samxx: 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2022
Yes but I just finished this year too from my studies and I have been running the business since 2019 , it's a transport and tourism business , do you have ideas about courses I can apply for with my work experience please and what school will take third class , the ones you listed before tally with my academics

ShowYoung:

Due to the study gap bridged by work experience, you should go with the one related to your work experience.

Your work experience overrides your academic qualifications. This will be seen as career progression.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belxsz: 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2022
You can. Submit your application. You cam upload medicals when it's ready

quote author=SaniceSanice123 post=114152052]
What’s the meaning of IOM?
August is really too far.
Can’t I submit my application and later upload this medical?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pgirl08: 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2022
Pls house how do I apply for medicals in lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Georgegreen86: 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2022
quin9:
Hi guys back to drop my landing gist,congrats to everyone who’s gotten PPR and those still waiting,God will do it for you too.

Landing Gist
Your girl is now live in Van city
I flew KLM on the 20th of June at 10pm,I had paid for an extra 23kg bag(107k),had a 9 hrs layover at Armsterdam.At the Lagos airport everything was fine except one wizard seized my frozen red oil which he later gave to my sister when they were leaving(e pained me oh).Documents requested was only ArriveCAN receipt and passport.
Arrived Amsterdam 7am as Against 5:40am that was scheduled coz the flight was delayed.No document was asked just passport and boarding pass was checked,I found a comfortable chair to sleep,connected to Wi-Fi and was able to chat with family,the 9hrs went by really fast.
Amsterdam to Vancouver:
Flight time was 9hrs 15mins,flight was good and full,I had more leg room,was able to use the Wi-Fi on board for like an hour,we got refreshments 4times!(a bit too much for me..lol).
Boarding gate,only passport and boarding pass was required nobody asked for any other documents,no resumption or enrollment question was asked from Nigeria up to this point.
Vancouver: Arrived 5:15,proceeded to the self declaration machine and the the immigration officer who directed me to the office where I’ll get my study permit,all I was asked was the letter of introduction and in less that 3mins he handed me my study permit no questions asked.Na me come dey find wetin i fit ask the guy
Then I proceeded to grab my bags,connected to Wi-Fi to notify my folks and also change some dollars to CAD so I have some cash for Taxi,in all I was out of the airport in less than 30mins.

Wow congratulations!!
I saw 107k for extra 23kg or I didn’t read well ? Plz more light on this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Georgegreen86: 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2022
bullstriker:
There is no limit to the number of bank statements to submit; more funds show you are financial capability. You can use Webform or email to send the statements. Get mybankstatement if the accounts have lots of transactions.
Bombard them with all your accounts... it increases ur chances
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Yemlizzy(f): 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
phakaji:
how did you go about the application and how much is tuition fee to study in UM
Everything you need to know is on their site and google too for further enquiries. Depending on your program if undergraduate or graduate study, fees differ and course too.

https://umanitoba.ca/admissions/apply-um

Use the above to get the info.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 10:14pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hello guys,
For someone who is working as a cashier in a bank, what related course can the person go for that'll show career progression or advancement in his/her profession?
Lekiboboe please help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omoba95(f): 10:19pm On Jun 25, 2022
Congratulations!!! Did you have to do a covid test?

quin9:
Hi guys back to drop my landing gist,congrats to everyone who’s gotten PPR and those still waiting,God will do it for you too.

Landing Gist
Your girl is now live in Van city
I flew KLM on the 20th of June at 10pm,I had paid for an extra 23kg bag(107k),had a 9 hrs layover at Armsterdam.At the Lagos airport everything was fine except one wizard seized my frozen red oil which he later gave to my sister when they were leaving(e pained me oh).Documents requested was only ArriveCAN receipt and passport.
Arrived Amsterdam 7am as Against 5:40am that was scheduled coz the flight was delayed.No document was asked just passport and boarding pass was checked,I found a comfortable chair to sleep,connected to Wi-Fi and was able to chat with family,the 9hrs went by really fast.
Amsterdam to Vancouver:
Flight time was 9hrs 15mins,flight was good and full,I had more leg room,was able to use the Wi-Fi on board for like an hour,we got refreshments 4times!(a bit too much for me..lol).
Boarding gate,only passport and boarding pass was required nobody asked for any other documents,no resumption or enrollment question was asked from Nigeria up to this point.
Vancouver: Arrived 5:15,proceeded to the self declaration machine and the the immigration officer who directed me to the office where I’ll get my study permit,all I was asked was the letter of introduction and in less that 3mins he handed me my study permit no questions asked.Na me come dey find wetin i fit ask the guy
Then I proceeded to grab my bags,connected to Wi-Fi to notify my folks and also change some dollars to CAD so I have some cash for Taxi,in all I was out of the airport in less than 30mins.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please who has tried using the credit card option on the CIBC platform?

I’ll like to know if they charged from the naira visa and master card.

Or if the credit card option is for a foreign credit card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sweetmia37: 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2022
Good evening House! Please I'm new here but I've read some of the threads. I have a few questions and would be glad if I could get help from someone.
I have a study gap of 10yrs (first degree in Engineering) , 6yrs study gap( masters degree MBA) but 7yrs work experience in different jobs. I'm really confused as to what course to choose and what to go for between masters, undergraduate course or diploma. The choice of school is another concern for me.

Someone please help!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 10:25pm On Jun 25, 2022
Toceen2022:
Hello guys,
For someone who is working as a cashier in a bank, what related course can the person go for that'll show career progression or advancement in his/her profession?
Lekiboboe please help!

Hi

The person should take his/her time to explore each programs in the links below to know which he/she fits into based on his/her work experience as a Cashier

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/490#112707655
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 10:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
Sweetmia37:
Good evening House! Please I'm new here but I've read some of the threads. I have a few questions and would be glad if I could get help from someone.
I have a study gap of 10yrs (first degree in Engineering) , 6yrs study gap( masters degree MBA) but 7yrs work experience in different jobs. I'm really confused as to what course to choose and what to go for between masters, undergraduate course or diploma. The choice of school is another concern for me.

Someone please help!!!

What is your present job, job duties and how many years have you doing that job ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2022
Pgirl08:
Pls house how do I apply for medicals in lagos

Read all contents in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887195
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sweetmia37: 10:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
I work in a tax office now as an admin manager. This is just my 8th month on the job.

[1quote author=Lekiboboe post=114158172]

What is your present job, job duties and how many years have you doing that job ?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thomsyne(m): 10:40pm On Jun 25, 2022
Foladimejiw:
She mentioned something like POF should not be in form of fixed deposits or fixed assets. The VO prefers cash that is accessible to fund your studies and bulk deposits into such account should be explained with proofs.

Hi,

Is this for NSE or the normal student visa application? I'm planning to submit an application but bulk of my POF is in my Dad's fixed deposit (25M) with his bank and he's been rolling over since February. Should he necessarily liquidate? Because he's liquidating one FD to send me a gift deed of 5M and presenting some other small accounts with liquid cash.

Any inputs from anyone else reading this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 10:42pm On Jun 25, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

Atleast you have your appointment date. I don’t have anyone atall.

But what if you submit your application and later update your medicals?
I honestly don’t know. I m told if I submit without it then it’s not NSE. I also don’t know if it is possible to add documents if you have submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 10:44pm On Jun 25, 2022
Sweetmia37:
I work in a tax office now as an admin manager. This is just my 8th month on the job.

[1quote author=Lekiboboe post=114158172]

What is your present job, job duties and how many years have you doing that job ?
Okay

Go for a program that shows Career Progression, that is, go for a Program related to your work experience e.g PG. CERT/POST BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA in HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION

Visit the link below, read everything in that No.1

https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/143#105780262

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.