Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (920082 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2022
Lezy:

Using Globus Bank shouldn't be a problem. It is also bank.

Yeah but the person asking should take his or her time to build such account. No be to drop some bars within one week or one month and say POF don ready ooo. And no be to go forge POF with the bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
pls can someone reply this

phrecy:
pls how much is this 30000Cad according to ircc conversion rate to naira

pls can someone answer this for me pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
And has anyone used Globus bank as proof of funds and got the study permit

Globis bank is cool. People use this bank also for their Form A. But please understand this process very well. If you want to prepare a genuine Proof of fund. Just make sure the money has been sitting in the account for six months. The actual amount may not have been there for six months but the chunk of it must have been there.

Though CIC website did indicate four months, its best to do 6 months. This gives you more opprtunity to avoid lump sum and unnecessary explaination in your SOP.

Abeg no do "Oluwole Esinmire" for Globus bank ooo. IRCC go ring your engine ooo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
pls how much is this 30000Cad according to ircc conversion rate to naira

pls can someone answer this for me pls
Multiply any amount with 335, you'll get the naira equivalent.
That's ₦10.5m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2022
for how long can the account be built pls

Teemenzo:

Yeah but the person asking should take his or her time to build such account. No be to drop some bars within one week or one month and say POF don ready ooo. And no be to go forge POF with the bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2022
so with 11M above and IELTS score band 7.0 one is good to go for the NSE fast track visa processing

Toceen2022:

Multiply any amount with 335, you'll get the naira equivalent.
That's ₦10.5m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
Thank you so much...can a family of 3 (man,wife,baby less than one year) provide 20M as proof of funds along with valuation building and lands with over 100M.....

Teemenzo:

Globis bank is cool. People use this bank also for their Form A. But please understand this process very well. If you want to prepare a genuine Proof of fund. Just make sure the money has been sitting in the account for six months. The actual amount may not have been there for six months but the chunk of it must have been there.

Though CIC website did indicate four months, its best to do 6 months. This gives you more opprtunity to avoid lump sum and unnecessary explaination in your SOP.

Abeg no do "Oluwole Esinmire" for Globus bank ooo. IRCC go ring your engine ooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Choco22: 3:14pm On Jun 25, 2022
Do one need to do Covid test before traveling?
Traveling next month with Turkish airline

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 3:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
Thank you so much...can a family of 3 (man,wife,baby less than one year) provide 20M as proof of funds along with valuation building and lands with over 100M.....

My advice on the issue of POF is simple. Calculate what your family size will survive with, tuition fee, miscellaneous. Then see if you can liquidate any part of the land, if you can't, look for a sponsor that can support the 20m you have. With that, you have a rest of mind. 20m won't be Okay as far as Canada is concerned.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Foladimejiw: 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2022
Your application will be directed to NSE automatically after submitting all the requirements together and the processing time is 12weeks.

phrecy:
I have my ielts result and the 30k cad..how do i opt in for thr NSE route pls

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JoanChinaza: 3:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
Please someone should help me with this ����

I got admission to Canada but I'm having a slight challenge with ties to home, I'm going alone without my husband who plans to join me like after 3 months. He has a property in the country in his name can I use his property papers as part of my ties to home?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
so with 11M above and IELTS score band 7.0 one is good to go for the NSE fast track visa processing

Well, the truth is we've seen applicants that submitted all these NSE requirements and still waited for months... While some did not and got decision within weeks.

Personally, it was the time IRCC used to send NSE request that I truly believe they are doing it. All these that Abuja office was saying in their Webinar... Well, I don't knw sha. But timelines I've seen here didn't convince me a bit about NSE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Foladimejiw: 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2022
She mentioned something like POF should not be in form of fixed deposits or fixed assets. The VO prefers cash that is accessible to fund your studies and bulk deposits into such account should be explained with proofs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Honeysweetest(f): 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2022
Can I apply for IELTS general with an expired passport?, Although I just applied for a renewal,I don't know how long it will take
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2022
ok can bank statement of 30M be enough for family of three (note baby less than one year) also with valuations report of land and building valued at over 100M

Teemenzo:

My advice on the issue of POF is simple. Calculate what your family size will survive with, tuition fee, miscellaneous. Then see if you can liquidate any part of the land, if you can't, look for a sponsor that can support the 20m you have. With that, you have a rest of mind. 20m won't be Okay as far as Canada is concerned.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2022
wow so while filling the form i should put the ielts result and my sponsor bank statement in cad and it will automatically be treated as NSE application

Foladimejiw:
Your application will be directed to NSE automatically after submitting all the requirements together and the processing time is 12weeks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
ok can bank statement of 30M be enough for family of three (note baby less than one year) also with valuations report of land and building valued at over 100M

I don't know many details about you to calculate your financies.

How many years studies?
You as the applicant should have your one year living expenses and miscellaneous (around 10k - 13k.
Your dependants too also have theirs.

Lots to calculate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Enitan1998: 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2022
I have a registered business job,i have been running the business for couple years tho,but I just opened a bank for my business, my cousin own a mining registered business,he will be the to help me with the POF is it possible I used his company bank statement or she should transfer the money into my company account and I do transfer the money into my personal account
Please I need an answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2022
tytmed:
hello , are you trying to apply for the Nigerian student express
Yes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mhozzis(m): 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hello everyone,

I'll be traveling in September, the medical I did last year would have expired by then. I'm I required to do a new medical?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2022
Foladimejiw:
If you are applying for NSE,it is still on. This is quoting the recent webinar organised by Canada embassy in Abuja.
It stated 30,000cad POF, upfront medical result to be submitted with the application,and Ielts result.
12weeks is the maximum processing time.
Note: if any of the above was not submitted with the application, it will be treated as normal application

I really appreciate. I am applying for September intake and I went for my medical test today but they said I must get appointment on Monday. Is too late for my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2022
mhozzis:
Hello everyone,

I'll be traveling in September, the medical I did last year would have expired by then. I'm I required to do a new medical?
Yes. I was told it expires after 1year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Enitan1998: 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
have a registered business job,i have been running the business for couple years tho,but I just opened a bank for my business, my cousin own a mining registered business,he will be the to help me with the POF is it possible I used his company bank statement or she should transfer the money into my company account and I do transfer the money into my personal account
Please I need an answer ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2022
Enitan1998:
have a registered business job,i have been running the business for couple years tho,but I just opened a bank for my business, my cousin own a mining registered business,he will be the to help me with the POF is it possible I used his company bank statement or she should transfer the money into my company account and I do transfer the money into my personal account
Please I need an answer ��

I think if you have just opened a corporate account with no history, it's better you leave it out and use your personal account.

For home tie, it is normal to use personal account to run one's business, all you need to do is to explain, in the absence of evidence of financial/bank history, get letters of reference from your customers or clients, and if you can show tax documents dated back to many years ago, get it: and provide many more evidence to show that your business has been existing for many years.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Enitan1998: 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2022
ShowYoung:

I think if you have just opened a corporate account with no history, it's better you leave it out and use your personal account.

For home tie, it is normal to use personal account to run one's business, all you need to do is to explain, in the absence of evidence of financial/bank history, get letters of reference from your customers or clients, and if you can show tax documents dated back to many years ago, get it: and provide many more evidence to show that your business has been existing for many years.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Qre1: 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hi guys can a bank statement of 3m in my company account and power finance approved loan sponsor letter get me visa for post grad diploma course of 1year I need advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

I really appreciate. I am applying for September intake and I went for my medical test today but they said I must get appointment on Monday. Is too late for my application?

Pls where did you go for medical that they asked you to come on Monday? The only date I have been able to book is July 5th and I am applying for September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
living expenses is 10k for applicant, 4k for spouse and 3k for child which is 17k for one year thats equivalent to 5.6M naira so i guess 30M should be okay for bank statement

Teemenzo:

I don't know many details about you to calculate your financies.

How many years studies?
You as the applicant should have your one year living expenses and miscellaneous (around 10k - 13k.
Your dependants too also have theirs.

Lots to calculate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hello

has anyone used CIBC student deposit program or GIC program...I heard if you transfer your living expenses to your deposit account or GIC this convinces the VO of your available funds and it increases visa chances...pls how true is this?

and if true, is the student deposit program better or the GIC program

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2022
tytmed:

Pls where did you go for medical that they asked you to come on Monday? The only date I have been able to book is July 5th and I am applying for September
Not to come on Monday, sorry. But to book on Monday. I hope they give me appointment next week o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2022
tytmed:

Are you using NSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
Hello

has anyone used CIBC student deposit program or GIC program...I heard if you transfer your living expenses to your deposit account or GIC this convinces the VO of your available funds and it increases visa chances...pls how true is this?

and if true, is the student deposit program better or the GIC program
True. The GIC is better though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.