Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (920370 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 11:41am On Jun 25, 2022
Shegzymilan:
please can i get a copy of your SOP. Email:Shegzymilan@gmail.com Thanks

This is a crime Sir...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bbwollex(m): 11:41am On Jun 25, 2022
ShowYoung:

Normally, a letter of sponsorship will be accompanied by an affidavit.

Affidavit has been notarized for you to call it an affidavit, hence, no need for notarizing letter of sponsorship separate from affidavit.

The court will stamp both documents when notarizing the affidavit.
Thanks for the response �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 11:42am On Jun 25, 2022
oppemipo:
1,752,213.00 for the family of three (2 adults and one infant) one-way.
The agent is a friend to my uncle and my uncle beloved so much in him.

Since I'm the only one studying out of the three, he said they will not allow me at the airport.

Please download flight app and book it yourself. Check Egypt air

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 11:44am On Jun 25, 2022
vividlooks:

I'll suggest she gets a reference letter from the bank and another statement of the account.

Thanks a lot, reference letter is different from bank certificate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 11:46am On Jun 25, 2022
vividlooks:

Please note AUTHENTICITY will mean the following
1)Bank will confirm that the name matches what's in their system
2) Balances as stated on the request too.

So, because it isn't stated explicitly what authenticity means doesn't limit it to just verification of name. The opening and closing balances must match.

She works at the bank and she saw the feedback the bank sent to IRCC and banks don’t release balances to 3rd parties not even immigration officers... it’s a crime

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 11:47am On Jun 25, 2022
vividlooks:

So, because it isn't stated explicitly what authenticity means doesn't limit it to just verification of name. The opening and closing balances must match.

She added a copy of the mail and there were no balances stated on the request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 11:49am On Jun 25, 2022
Please what should be the content of the LOE for Bank statement Procedural fairness? Attached to the updated statement and bank certificate or reference letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oppemipo(m): 11:52am On Jun 25, 2022
Thank you for your contribution.
My wife visa is SOWP and my baby who is just a year old got visiting Visa.
The program is for September

francisxbee:

If it is student visa, you do not need a return flight.
Did Your wife and baby get visiting visa or sowp?
If they got visit visa, then they need to book return ticket.
But you can book one way for yourself.
If your program is for September this year, then the price he gave you for all 3 is quite fair.
But if it is for Next year, there are cheaper alternatives on Lufthansa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cherishpearl: 12:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
ShowYoung:

The first thing to do is surf the internet for answers to whatever question you are requesting for or read from part 1 of this thread; by the time you get here, you'll have been loaded with information.

Meanwhile, I will ask you some questions so as to give you more information.

1. When did you graduate?
2. What job have you been working in?
Good morning…I graduated in 2016….and been working with financial institution for close to three years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Cherishpearl:

Good morning…I graduated in 2016….and been working with financial institution for close to three years

My advise for you is focus on your career progression. You work experience overrides your academic qualifications.

I think you should go for a PGD in Banking, Finance or Financial Services etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2022
Mercyolie:
Good morning please I really need your assistance
I want to apply for a course with my HND result and I studied mass communication. Please what course can you advise me on what course to go for and school with low tuition fees that I can apply for

Hi

With your HND in Mass Communication, you can go for a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PG.CERT) in JOURNALISM or PUBLIC RELATIONS or ADVERTISING program

See the link below for

PG Cert in JOURNALISM programs and Colleges offering it
https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/444#107085916

PG Cert in PUBLIC RELATIONS programs and Colleges offering it
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/399#103890193

See the list below for
PG Cert in ADVERTISING programs and Colleges offering it

Advertising – Media Management
Centennial College, Toronto, ONTARIO

Advertising – Media Management
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ONTARIO

Advertising Copywriting

Advertising – Account Management

Advertising – Account Management
Sheridan College, Oakville, ONTARIO

Advertising – Art Direction

Advertising – Creative & Digital Strategy
Centennial College, Toronto, ONTARIO

Advertising – Digital Media Management
Durham College, Oshawa, ONTARIO

For low tuition, everyone's definition of low tuition differs, that being said, take your time to do your research on each Program and school, check for the TUITION amount for international students , and go for the one that falls within your budget.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2022
SaniceSanice123:
Please, someone that’s doing fast track, does the person needs to do medicals as part of the application?

hello , are you trying to apply for the Nigerian student express
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Blakmandk: 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
is the authenticity confirmed as at the time the statement was printed? Or the funds must be available in the account for a long period of time till the visa is approved?
vividlooks:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2022
RAYSKIS:
Please guys, Can someone direct me to the correct consent form out of the attached forms .

@ jusmellow @ showyoung @ makano @ Ketima @ anon123 and the likes please.

See the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/561#113174758

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
I'll be traveling from Lagos to Edmonton in Canada through Amsterdam via KLM. Do I need a transit visa for my layover in Amsterdam?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Foladimejiw: 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
If you are applying for NSE,it is still on. This is quoting the recent webinar organised by Canada embassy in Abuja.
It stated 30,000cad POF, upfront medical result to be submitted with the application,and Ielts result.
12weeks is the maximum processing time.
Note: if any of the above was not submitted with the application, it will be treated as normal application

SaniceSanice123:
Please, someone that’s doing fast track, does the person needs to do medicals as part of the application?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PasqualO(m): 1:23pm On Jun 25, 2022
I think the POF should be MBS

Foladimejiw:
If you are applying for NSE,it is still on. This is quoting the recent webinar organised by Canada embassy in Abuja.
It stated 30,000cad POF, upfront medical result to be submitted with the application,and Ielts result.
Note: if any of the above was not submitted with the application, it will be treated as normal application

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Qweency: 1:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
@ Lekiboboe @ Teemenzo
@ ShowYoung
@ justmellow @ makano @ Ketima @ anon123 Abeg make una help me.

I graduated from a university in Sweden. Here bachelor degree is three years with total 180ECT, studied international relations and I finished with 3.7GP on a 5.0 scale.

Currently, I begin my research on universities in Canada for my masters program as am targeting May 2023 intake. I noticed that most schools requires four years bachelors while I did only 3yrs.

Have emailed some schools and they insisted on four years bachelors before I will be even eligible to apply for masters admission.

Am now considering going for 2yrs for PGD studies.

So my questions goes like this

For someone that did bachelors already. graduated with 2.1 ( upper credit)

Will the Visa officer see this PGD as being progressive or red flag?

Please family, any of your input will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
Congratulations bossman..

legenduq:
God has done it.
It’s PPR!

First time applicant. (New portal)

Timeline
- Upfront Medical: March 10, 2022
- Submission: March 15, 2022
- Biometrics: March 17, 2022
- Medical Updated to Passed: March 23, 2022
- Biometrics Updated to Completed: March 28, 2022
- Eligibility Review: Ongoing
- Background Check: Ongoing
BVL & PPR: June 19, 2022.

Documents:
Passport
Admission letter
Tuition Deposit
Sister's statement of Account
Sister's ID and Birth Certificate
Affidavit of Support
Letter of Sponsorship

Additional docs:
Statement of Purpose
Upfront Medical slip
Birth Certificate
WAEC Certificate
Degree Certificate
Transcript of Academic Records
IELTS test result
NYSC Discharge Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate
Letter of employment
Study Leave approval
Letter of Introduction from Office
ID card
Four months Pay slip
Other Certificates
Land property
Passport data page and Birth Certificate of Family Members

Special thanks to skull4eva for patiently answering all my questions. Boss I really disturb you. destinationcann thank you sir.
In all, read instructions, believe in yourself, then pray to God. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2022
pls how much is this 30000Cad according to ircc conversion rate to naira

pls can someone answer this for me pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Treasure134: 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
Congratulations... Mine is next

Boluwatifebaby:
OLORUN AGBAYE O, YOU ARE MIGHTY!

PPR ALERT!

New portal.
Application submitted - 1st May, 2022
Upfront Medicals - 16th May 2022
Upfront Medicals updated - 28th May 2022
Eligibility- started today
PPR - 9th June 2022

Documents submitted

- LOA
- SOP
- Fee receipts - 1st semester
- Uni degree
- Uni transcripts (unofficial)
- Nysc certificate
- Waec certificate
- Intl passport
- Visa pages and stamps
- Birth certificate
- Police certificate
- Letter of employment
- Current ID card
- Salary statement of account
- MBS of personal savings acc
- MBS of sponsors savings acc
- Business receipts of sponsors business
- Resume
- Volunteer certificate
- previous letters of employment and Id cards
- Letter of support
- Affidavit of support
- Sponsors id (Birth certificate and intl passport)
- Family pictures
- Birth certificate of siblings

Super grateful to God and this platform. To everyone expecting PPR, it's on its way. ❤��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 1:58pm On Jun 25, 2022
I have my ielts result and the 30k cad..how do i opt in for thr NSE route pls

Foladimejiw:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by legenduq(m): 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
Thank you

gaeul:
There is a Living in Canada thread on Nairaland...You can ask them there, don't forget to mention your province, I got one before leaving naija

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2022
makano:
Hello Seyi

1. This can be determined by IRCC. But of recent, there has been speedy responses from IRCC on study permit applications, final decisions coming withing a month or 2. If that remains, then hopefully you should get a Final response before your resumption dates. But I will give you a little advise, once you see you have a medical request, start preparing for your departure just in case your Visa drops few weeks to your resumption, to avoid late preparation.

2. You must put an end date, probably the date before you submit your application...

Peace
check your email sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2022
Adeanalyst:
check your email sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by phrecy: 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2022
pls how much is this 30000Cad according to ircc conversion rate to naira

pls can someone answer this for me pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jeff5gold: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2022
CharitoJames:

This is a crime Sir...

How and why??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
nairagrounds:
I'll be traveling from Lagos to Edmonton in Canada through Amsterdam via KLM. Do I need a transit visa for my layover in Amsterdam?

Based on the experience of two comrades that traveled last December with KLM, you don't need a transit visa for the layover at Amsterdam

I don't know if things have changed now, you can mail KLM for further enquiries, also
those who traveled to Edmonton with KLM of recent will be able to give you a based on experience response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
phrecy:
And has anyone used Globus bank as proof of funds and got the study permit
Using Globus Bank shouldn't be a problem. It is also bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kezzy96: 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2022
Please I need WhatsApp group link for Canadian college admission and everything about Canada colleges?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2022
Qweency:
@ Lekiboboe @ Teemenzo
@ ShowYoung
@ justmellow @ makano @ Ketima @ anon123 Abeg make una help me.

I graduated from a university in Sweden. Here bachelor degree is three years with total 180ECT, studied international relations and I finished with 3.7GP on a 5.0 scale.

Currently, I begin my research on universities in Canada for my masters program as am targeting May 2023 intake. I noticed that most schools requires four years bachelors while I did only 3yrs.

Have emailed some schools and they insisted on four years bachelors before I will be even eligible to apply for masters admission.

Am now considering going for 2yrs for PGD studies.

So my questions goes like this

For someone that did bachelors already. graduated with 2.1 ( upper credit)

Will the Visa officer see this PGD as being progressive or red flag?

Please family, any of your input will be highly appreciated.

I think I should first of all differentiate between PGD and Master's.

PGD is geared towards practical and entrance to a field while master's is theoretical or research based. Sometimes but not all times, some PGD are equated as master's equivalent.

No VO will decide for you on which one to go for in as much as you have a lower qualification (Bachelor, HND, Diploma etc) irrespective of your grade or class.

This is why you see people who already possess a master's degree go for a PGD. Not everyone wants theoretical or research knowledge.

Concerning your scenario, some universities would accept your three-year bachelor degree for master's if accompanied by years of relevant work experience or you are ready to take some remedial courses. We have heard here about someone who secured an admission into Masters with HND. Nothing is impossible.

Be free to pursue PGD even if your bachelor degree is first class. PGD and master's are both post graduate studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 2:54pm On Jun 25, 2022
CharitoJames:

This is a crime Sir...

Haba, you people need to understand how to put out response. This person requesting for your SOP is obviously new to this study visa journey. The best you can do is explain to the person that copy and paste is not advisable when it comes to writing SOP or LOE. Or better still explain to the person that the applicant is best in carving his or her story out.

The truth could be that he or she just wants to use your SOP as a guide.

E ma binu ooo, i just felt we can treat eachother better here.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.