Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (916522 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
Chubbyface:
Hello house..got PPR yesterday..Family application. Study visa for me, VV for my baby, but my husband’s PPR (SOWP) hasn’t dropped. Was hoping it would drop later in the day so that I would give our testimony at ones, not until I checked his profile and his medicals is not updated yet. IOM promised to send our medical sheets via email, but I didn’t receive any.(so that I can send my husband’s own via webform) How do I go about this plz.

First time applicant, did everything myself, no travel history for both of us.

Submitted: April 26
Biometrics done and updated: May 11
Medical request for 3 of us: June 14
Medicals done at IOM Abuja: June 27
Medicals updated (me and our child): June 28
BVL: June 30
PPR: July 1st

Would send our documentation later.
Plz guys how do I go about getting my husband’s medical sheets from IOM Abuja, no contacts online, is my only option to walk in?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
[quote author=INILARGE post=114357094]Please how can I summit my medical results from IOM on my account [/section]

Check this previous post

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
hugapex:
Please, can someone help me with the link to raise a web form?
I intend to add my ticket itinerary and my spouse's return ticket.

Is it true that web form can be raised just once?

Check this

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
noeloge82:

If this is a naira card it will not go , it started since June 1 many Nigerian banks stopped clearing dollar bills with naira master card since dollar hit 600 , the best u can do is open a Dollar account with your bank , fund the account and it will go instantly

Thanks for the feedback

I'm using a dollar card and it's still declining, I don't know if it's from IRCC cos my bank said the card is fine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ofime123(m): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
Good evening everyone please can some clarify this for me. Am applying to a school in university of Winnipeg under professional and applied continue education. And the course am going for is financial management a 2years course , and it's related to my job discription. I really don't know if this program will make it difficult to convince the VO about my intention. Because I have a BSc in economics. And have been working with an oil firm for over 4 years now. I hope I am on the right track. I really don't want to make any mistake. Someone should advise me please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jaykeyzeeee:

Honestly it is really a big one,And considering the 1+1 formula

What if I’m unable to raise funds over there due to the limited working hours given to intl students.
This is the main reason I’m looking out for a 2yrs diploma course which is still related to my previous study ,but I’m faced with how what to say that’d be convincing enough to the VO for pursuing a degree lower than my previous degree..
Someone on here once said it’s nearly impossible to convince a VO on why you’d be going for a Diploma after a BSC..
Omo ehnn the struggle is ls real.

I have this same fear but what's the worst possible outcome: you get denied.

If you do not try, you will never know if you would have succeeded.

As much as an Msc is expected after a Bsc, anyone can decide to do a PGD, a PGD program can position you for an Msc, it can also enable you get practical experience you did not get during your undergrad.

Simply explain in your SOP and shoot your shot and you might just be thankful you did.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jaykeyzeeee(m): 6:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
johnstan:

I have this same fear but what's the worst possible outcome: you get denied.

If you do not try, you will never know if you would have succeeded.

As much as an Msc is expected after a Bsc, anyone can decide to do a PGD, a PGD program can position you for an Msc, it can also enable you get practical experience you did not get during your undergrad.

Simply explain in your SOP and shoot your shot and you might just be thankful you did.

Honestly Bro!!You’d never know until you try
But i honestly know that my chances of getting an approval would be very slim stating the fact that I already have a BSC
Please can anyone on here state universities that offer PGD in Either Data analytics,Software or Cyber security
I’d appreciate your response.btw,let’s connect bro I sent you an email already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emonipoint: 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hi NL

By God's Grace I will be traveling to Canada (Halifax Nova Scotia) later this month and I would like to link up with the other students that will be attending Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) September 2022 or already attending NSCC.

Currently I am having difficulties with paying my tuition fees and getting accommodation so I would like to know how the other people have sorted or planing to sort these issues out. I can be reached on WhatApps via 08021276962.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jaykeyzeeee:

Honestly Bro!!You’d never know until you try
But i honestly know that my chances of getting an approval would be very slim stating the fact that I already have a BSC
Please can anyone on here state universities that offer PGD in Either Data analytics,Software or Cyber security
I’d appreciate your response.btw,let’s connect bro I sent you an email already

Oh i did not know it was you, i have replied .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jaykeyzeeee(m): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lekiboboe:

For North Atlantic, these are the ones I know

Check

NBCC (New Brunswick Community College)
Post Graduate programs on

- Information Technology: Business and Advanced Analytics
- Information Technology: Cybersecurity

NSCC (Nova Scotia Community College) Post Graduate Program

Geospatial Data Analytics

A Master's admission requires a minimum of 2.1, so masters admission with your CGPA is slim

Is the requirement for a PGD in a university also a 2:1 ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
Congrats on your visa. May the land of Canada favour u. Dont worry just do the needful, that of your hubby will drop soon by Gods grace.Mine is next in Jesus name.

Chubbyface:
Hello house..got PPR yesterday..Family application. Study visa for me, VV for my baby, but my husband’s PPR (SOWP) hasn’t dropped. Was hoping it would drop later in the day so that I would give our testimony at ones, not until I checked his profile and his medicals is not updated yet. IOM promised to send our medical sheets via email, but I didn’t receive any.(so that I can send my husband’s own via webform) How do I go about this plz.

First time applicant, did everything myself, no travel history for both of us.

Submitted: April 26
Biometrics done and updated: May 11
Medical request for 3 of us: June 14
Medicals done at IOM Abuja: June 27
Medicals updated (me and our child): June 28
BVL: June 30
PPR: July 1st

Would send our documentation later.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2022
ofime123:
Good evening everyone please can some clarify this for me. Am applying to a school in university of Winnipeg under professional and applied continue education. And the course am going for is financial management a 2years course , and it's related to my job discription. I really don't know if this program will make it difficult to convince the VO about my intention. Because I have a BSc in economics. And have been working with an oil firm for over 4 years now. I hope I am on the right track. I really don't want to make any mistake. Someone should advise me please.
Financial Management is good for you as a graduate of Economics and will prove career progression as you claim it relates to your job roles, but the doubt is on the educational level of the program

Is it a Post Degree Diploma, PGD/PGC?
Is it an undergraduate diploma?

If it is an undergraduate program, you may find it hard but not impossible to convince the VO as regards career progression.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by noeloge82(m): 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2022
johnstan:

Thanks for the feedback

I'm using a dollar card and it's still declining, I don't know if it's from IRCC cos my bank said the card is fine

Maybe you visit the Bank and see their IT dept to know reason why its not going
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ofime123(m): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
Thanks for the response I think is a diploma course but this is the admission requirement
International students are required to hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Finance or Accounting bachelor degree
A Higher National Diploma from Nigeria and Ghana are exceptions
In lieu of an undergraduate degree in the above fields, a combination of a bachelor degree, a professional accounting designation, AND work experience related to accounting or finance may be considered on an exceptional basis.
The Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) or Final Percentage on these transcripts will be assessed for eligibility.
If a higher degree is attained (post-graduate diploma, Master’s, or PhD) the minimum GPA or Percentage must be attained in all degrees.
N.B
Have seen pgd program related to my work experience but they are all one year program. And am looking for a two years program. So I will be automatically qualify for 3year pgwp after study.
ShowYoung:

Financial Management is good for you as a graduate of Economics and will prove career progression as you claim it relates to your job roles, but the doubt is on the educational level of the program

Is it a Post Degree Diploma, PGD/PGC?
Is it an undergraduate diploma?

If it is an undergraduate program, you may find it hard but not impossible to convince the VO as regards career progression.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Forune4me: 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
I am new here, please kindly help me out. Please any Nigerian who is already in Canada doing pgd program or if anyone here can guide me. I am an HND computer science graduate. I am looking for schools that accept HND for postgraduate diploma in computer science or any related course like cloud computing, software development or artificial intelligence software development etc. I would also prefer schools from low-cost areas where I can easily apply for PN

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hugapex: 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
160485:

Check this

Thank you

However, I am curious as to why it is Nairobi web form and not Lagos Webform.
I applied here in Nigeria. Biometrics in Lagos too
Can anyone clarify pls...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jaykeyzeeee:

Is the requirement for a PGD in a university also a 2:1 ?

The admission requirements of some/most Grad. Diploma programs in Canadian Universities is just like the requirements for someone that wants to do a Masters.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cherishpearl: 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lekiboboe:

HI

Your Response to the questions below would enable you to get a response on the type of PG.Cert program at a College or Masters you should/can go for

- what did you study in the university/Polytechnic?

- what year did you graduate ? (to address study gap)

- Do you have a 2.1, 2.2, 3rd Class or Upper Credit, Lower Credit (HND)

- Do you have a job? If yes, what is the name of your Job, and what are your Job duties? (to know if your Job is related to your Degree)

- How many years work experience do you have in that Job?
Good evening… I graduated in 2016 with upper credit in microbiology (as option in science laboratory technology )and been working with financial institution for close to three years as customer service
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
Forune4me:
I am new here, please kindly help me out. Please any Nigerian who is already in Canada doing pgd program or if anyone here can guide me. I am an HND computer science graduate. I am looking for schools that accept HND for postgraduate diploma in computer science or any related course like cloud computing, software development or artificial intelligence software development etc. Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Go through the links below, all you want is there. Make your choice

https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/404#106915115

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/646#113681817

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/624#113559105

https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/175#105909467

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
Cherishpearl:

Good evening… I graduated in 2016 with upper credit in microbiology (as option in science laboratory technology )and been working with financial institution for close to three years as customer service

Ok

6 years is a study gap, that being said, your best shot is to go for something related to your work experience at a college to show career progression.

Go for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) in any of the programs below at a College

Public relations/Public relations- Corporate communication

Human Resources Management.

Strategic Marketing Communication.

Strategic Relationship Management.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by donyose: 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hi Guys.
Thanks for all the good works you do here.
I e read most threads and wowed by the amount of informed right here.
I have a need for advise.

I am a Pharmacist and work as a medical representative (pharmaceutical marketing and promotion), with over 4yrs Experience.

Please what post graduate course can I pick now be will be easier to get visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
donyose:
Hi Guys.
Thanks for all the good works you do here.
I e read most threads and wowed by the amount of informed right here.
I have a need for advise.

I am a Pharmacist and work as a medical representative (pharmaceutical marketing and promotion), with over 4yrs Experience.

Please what post graduate course can I pick now be will be easier to get visa.
I can see that your job role relates more to Marketing and Administration.

The following are suitable courses for you.

PGC. Marketing Management– Professional Sales.
Lambton College.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147503989&location=Toronto

PGC. Administrative Business Management.
Conestoga College.
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/administrative-business-management

PGC. Customer Relationship Marketing and Sales Management.
Fanshawe College.
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/crm2-customer-relationship-marketing-and-sales-management/next
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
Forune4me:
I am new here, please kindly help me out. Please any Nigerian who is already in Canada doing pgd program or if anyone here can guide me. I am an HND computer science graduate. I am looking for schools that accept HND for postgraduate diploma in computer science or any related course like cloud computing, software development or artificial intelligence software development etc. Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

If you have work experience, I recommend pursuing a course relating to what you do so as to prove career progression.

In the absence of other factors, below are the suitable courses that relates to your field of study which you may be interested in

PGC. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Lambton College.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147524849&location=Toronto

PGC. Mobile Solutions Development.
Conestoga College.
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/mobile-solutions-development

PGC. Big Data Analytics.
Lambton College.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147515381&location=Mississauga

PGC. Web Development.
Conestoga College.
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/web-development

PGC. Cloud Computing.
Lambton College.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147509533&location=Toronto

PGC. CyberSecurity and Threat Management.
Lambton College.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147513852&location=Mississauga

PGC. Computer Applications Development.
Conestoga College.
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/computer-applications-development
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cherishpearl: 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Ok

6 years is a study gap, that being said, your best shot is to go for something related to your field of study at a college to show career progression.

Go for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) in any of the programs below at a College

Public relations/Public relations- Corporate communication

Human Resources Management.

Strategic Marketing Communication.

Strategic Relationship Management.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
Cherishpearl:

Thanks a lot
You are welcome.

I made a typo error in the post you quoted

I meant go for a Program related to your WORK EXPERIENCE, not field of study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sunkymatete: 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hello guys please help me out it’s very urgent
I applied for student visa through an agent and on 22nd March 2022 he submitted my application online and since then have been waiting for medical request( I didn’t do biometric because I have been denied Canadian visa before in the year 2015) I keep texting you often asking him about the progress of my application and he keeps saying I should calm down. I don’t have access to my application though cos he wasn’t ready to give me my login and I paid a lot of money to him for the application. So I noticed since Friday his phone number has been switched off and not replying WhatsApp messages again, it’s not showing on WhatsApp that he read my messages( I’m not a residence in Nigeria but I’m Nigerian) my parents keep on trying his number till now it’s switched off, my sister in Canada also tried calling him but no one can reach out to him. So now I’m scared maybe I got banned or something cos if it’s about the money we paid, it’s nothing to hide about it. Although we had an agreement on refund if Bleep up happen. So now please house how can I go about this issue, I just wonna know what really happened to my application, any institution or individual I can send an email too to help me please? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Joedave25: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
You need to fund your USD card from your Dom account if you are using the card for the first time.

johnstan:
Pls help, is it just me?

Been attempting to make payment on the IRCC website for over 24hrs but it keeps declining. I'm using a USD card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
Are you doing this to remind ircc of your app?
hugapex:
Please, can someone help me with the link to raise a web form?
I intend to add my ticket itinerary and my spouse's return ticket.

Is it true that web form can be raised just once?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemie22: 9:25pm On Jul 02, 2022
Teemie22:
Good morning, I just got my application approved, I plan to do my court wedding July ending. Should I inform ircc for change in marital status now or chill till I arrive in Canada?

Thanks
@itsdone2022 @lekkiboboe @makano @frankrobben @Makano @lekiboboe @showyoung @CentennialGuy Please guys I need answer cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by highburygonner: 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ghazali34:
Hello Good Morning please I will like to have a conversation with you. I also got admitted to Seneca college as well…

I sent you a email request already. Hoping I get a response.

Good evening. I no long have access to that email address. You can send me a mail on
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
johnstan:

Thanks for the feedback

It’s written boldly on the site that they have payment issues and they directed on how to go about it. So read it there just before you login with Gckey...you’ll see it on the background
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
CharitoJames:

It’s written boldly on the site that they have payment issues and they directed on how to go about it. So read it there just before you login with Gckey...you’ll see it on the background

I have tried severally and after inputting the card details it declines, the payment issue according to the site was from 15/6/22 to 23/6/22, I don't know if it still persists.

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.