Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (773) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (914106 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by highburygonner: 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
Chubbyface:

Plz guys how do I go about getting my husband’s medical sheets from IOM Abuja, no contacts online, is my only option to walk in?

You can send them a mail @ IOMAbujaClinicalTeam@iom.int, requesting for your husband's medical results. The medical sheet will be attached to it. Include his name and medical IMM no.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Misstolaly(f): 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
See what the Lord has done!!!!!!

I just logged onto to my portal, just to check as usual and there's an update - Medical Passed. This is a huge miracle for me because of an underlying health condition, but God has proved Himself again. I was super worried because I had to do additional medical tests and the medical report I submitted was quite disturbing to me, as this was a requirement for QLife to uphold my report. I can't wait to update this post with PPR requests for myself and my daughter.

Timeline
Application Submitted: May 14th
Upfront Medical: May 14th
Biometrics Done: May 23rd
Biometric Update: May 24th
Medical Report Submitted, and the result transmitted from QLife to IRCC: June 8th (It took UCH almost a month to issue me a medical report even with active follow-up.
Submitted Webform: June 21st - uploaded the E-medical forms because I saw a lot of comments that upfront medical form should be sent via webform and only got an automated response. I only provided the numbers when I submitted my application on May 14th. I have been super scared but kept confessing positive things concerning this journey, especially since i'm for Fall 2022 and any request for addition medical tests would be tough with how the spaces keep getting filled up.
Medical Passed: July 2nd

I logged up to my portal now, and that Medical Passed can only be God. My daughter's medicals is yet to be updated but not worried because she's got a clean bill of health. The last email i got from IRCC was on May 14th for Biometrics so I always check into my portal every other day. My faith is strengthened that our PPRs are dropping soon.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ableman101: 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
chucksp:
Hello I just received my LOA from Niagara College Toronto too. To commence Spring session that’s May 2023. Human Resources Management department. Would like to know if you’ve started processing your study permit and others, if yes can you brief me on what’s required? .Thank you.

Oh congratulations. I’ve not started as im still waiting on some documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ghazali34(m): 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hello house Good evening. From the image below how or where do I indicate that transfer fees are covered by me on FORM A??

To ensure that your payment is credited in full to
your institution, all transfer fees must be covered by
the payer. For SWIFT wire transfers, please select
'OUR' for the details of charges.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Princeofabia: 10:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
Congrats in advance..we shall all celebrate soon.
Misstolaly:

I just logged onto to my portal, just to check as usual and there's an update - Medical Passed. This is a huge miracle for me because of an underlying health condition, but God has proved Himself again. I was super worried because I had to do additional medical tests and the medical report I submitted was quite disturbing to me, as this was a requirement for QLife to uphold my report. I can't wait to update this post with PPR requests for myself and my daughter.

Timeline
Medical Report Submitted, and the result transmitted from QLife to IRCC: June 8th (It took UCH almost a month to issue me a medical report even with active follow-up.
Submitted Webform: June 21st - uploaded the E-medical forms because I saw a lot of comments that upfront medical form should be sent via webform and only got an automated response. I only provided the numbers when I submitted my application on May 14th. I have been super scared but kept confessing positive things concerning this journey, especially since i'm for Fall 2022 and any request for addition medical tests would be tough with how the spaces keep getting filled up.

I logged up to my portal now, and that Medical Passed can only be God. My daughter's medicals is yet to be updated but not worried because she's got a clean bill of health. The last email i got from IRCC was on May 14th for Biometrics so I always check into my portal every other day. My faith is strengthened that our PPRs are dropping soon.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ableman101: 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Based on what have been discussed on this platform in the past, FATHER, MOTHER, SIBLINGS are the best sponsors, but in the context of an Aunty as a sponsor even though she's related to your mum, she should be someone who have had an impact in your life before in terms of your progress e.g Probably paid your tuition while in school, or supported you financially one way or the other in the past, so I feel there is nothing wrong with that. There are people on this platform who have used uncles , aunties as their sponsor, so you might need to learn one or two things from them.

In her bank account, she needs to have the money for your tuition, your compulsory one year living expenses "$10,000 CAD and show the availability of your other one year expenses or how the money will be available for your one year living expenses if your program is 2-years duration.

Also she needs to show that even after portraying the capability to sponsor you, she will still have funds available in her bank account to take of herself and her family or business, so that the Visa Officer won't think all the funds in her account as a sponsor is solely for you.

Await further inputs from the gurus and other members of this platform as regards this because it's not always about the huge amount of money available, your demonstration of relationship with your aunty, and legit demonstration/proof of the funds is also very important

About Possible Documents you need from her,

- Sponsorship Letter
- Sworn Affidavit of Support
- Tuition fee Payment Receipt from School
- Telex Receipt (Tuition Payment Receipt from Bank) to the SCH.
- Sponsor's 6 months Bank Statement of Account
- Bank Reference Letter (Addressed to the High Commission of Canada)
- Sponsor's International Passport Data pages & stamped visa pages showing travel Histories (if any)
- CAC Certificate of Business Incorporation & other attached documents (if she owns a business)

You will need the following documents from her if she's a Government Staff or working in a firm, organization etc.
- Sponsor's Letter of Appointment
- Sponsor's Last Letter of Promotion
- Sponsor's Letter of Retirement (if retired from service)
- ID Card (while in Active service)
- Last Pay Slip
- Picture of her (your Aunty) and You (a picture with her as an adult & a picture of you with her as a young girl)

Once again , await further inputs from others

Regards

@lekiboboe Hello boss if I am getting a gift deed from an aunty does she still need to do an affidavits of support just to show she will be supporting me. Tho I am self sponsored.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BeatThaMeat: 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
Please I’m trying to get in touch with you . Here’s my WhatsApp +233245695036 or my email garogers1961@gmail.com please I have a few questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hugapex: 11:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
Papapa1234:
Are you doing this to remind ircc of your app?

Not to remind.

I sincerely intend to add the documents to my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
sunkymatete:
Hello guys please help me out it’s very urgent
I applied for student visa through an agent and on 22nd March 2022 he submitted my application online and since then have been waiting for medical request( I didn’t do biometric because I have been denied Canadian visa before in the year 2015) I keep texting you often asking him about the progress of my application and he keeps saying I should calm down. I don’t have access to my application though cos he wasn’t ready to give me my login and I paid a lot of money to him for the application. So I noticed since Friday his phone number has been switched off and not replying WhatsApp messages again, it’s not showing on WhatsApp that he read my messages( I’m not a residence in Nigeria but I’m Nigerian) my parents keep on trying his number till now it’s switched off, my sister in Canada also tried calling him but no one can reach out to him. So now I’m scared maybe I got banned or something cos if it’s about the money we paid, it’s nothing to hide about it. Although we had an agreement on refund if Bleep up happen. So now please house how can I go about this issue, I just wonna know what really happened to my application, any institution or individual I can send an email too to help me please? Thanks

Is your sister in Canada a permanent resident or Canadian citizen? If your answer is yes , then she can get any information concerning your application with IRCC if both of you complete and sign the consent form for the release of information. Below is the link to find out more on how to go about it and it cost just $5cad.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eden2018: 11:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Have you ever used the card successfully before?
johnstan:

Thanks for the feedback

I'm using a dollar card and it's still declining, I don't know if it's from IRCC cos my bank said the card is fine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 11:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
Eden2018:
Have you ever used the card successfully before?

I have used the card before for Wes verification and school application payment, now it's declining on IRCC website.
I don call UBA taya, I don't know if the card is the issue or IRCC.

The payment issue I'm seeing on IRCC website states that it was resolved since 23/6/22
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ableman101: 12:16am On Jul 03, 2022
Lekiboboe:

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

Hello boss. Is there any link for how to fill imm forms on study visa. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 1:26am On Jul 03, 2022
ShowYoung:

Temporary
I have mistakenly put permanent, would there be any issues or I should rebook it Sir m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 1:27am On Jul 03, 2022
ShowYoung:

Temporary
I have mistakenly put permanent, would there be any issues or I should rebook it Sir?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tracy0803409: 1:38am On Jul 03, 2022
And it's ending in Praise!!!

It's PPR for my son and I,special heartfelt PRAISE and GLORY to GOD ALMIGHTY for his marvelous works, I cannot thank you enough LORD

A very Warm Special Hug to my Husband for all the tension and stress I put him through and

And a big THANK you to my very special nairaland friend MR KETIMA, you are truly a blessing

God bless you good MR KETIMA, for all you did for us, your time, the plenty stress of me calling you even at odd hours, the numerous times we met and you worked on our applications,all I can say is 'MEKA' GOD bless you and yours immensely, Amen,you did all you did for us, totally FREE of charge, thank you so much Sir

Dear family, I will submit my timeline soon, this weekend has been very spiritual, thank you Family

Thank you to everyone that has been responding to questions asked on this platform, thank you to all members of this fantastic platform,God bless you all, I pray you all will experience this feeling soon, truly I am so elated

Dear GOD, truly there is none like you, I stand in awe of your Love.

35 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 2:15am On Jul 03, 2022
Ableman101:

Hello boss. Is there any link for how to fill imm forms on study visa. Thank you.

Non I know of on this platform

Search on YouTube, you gonna see lots of step by step videos on how to fill the three IMM forms

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 2:16am On Jul 03, 2022
tracy0803409:

It's PPR for my son and I,special heartfelt PRAISE and GLORY to GOD ALMIGHTY for his marvelous works, I cannot thank you enough LORD

A very Warm Special Hug to my Husband for all the tension and stress I put him through and

And a big THANK you to my very special nairaland friend MR KETIMA, you are truly a blessing

God bless you good MR KETIMA, for all you did for us, your time, the plenty stress of me calling you even at odd hours, the numerous times we met and you worked on our applications,all I can say is 'MEKA' GOD bless you and yours immensely, Amen,you did all you did for us, totally FREE of charge, thank you so much Sir

Dear family, I will submit my timeline soon, this weekend has been very spiritual, thank you Family

Thank you to everyone that has been responding to questions asked on this platform, thank you to all members of this fantastic platform,God bless you all, I pray you all will experience this feeling soon, truly I am so elated

Big Congratulations to you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bankowner: 3:29am On Jul 03, 2022
If you don't try you may never know. The last time I was in a higher institution in Nigeria was in 1997, today I'm in Canada studying a two-year Graduate Diploma program.

Don't give up, find a college and apply for a Diploma course and back it up with prayer.
Jaykeyzeeee:

Honestly it is really a big one,And considering the 1+1 formula

What if I’m unable to raise funds over there due to the limited working hours given to intl students.
This is the main reason I’m looking out for a 2yrs diploma course which is still related to my previous study ,but I’m faced with how what to say that’d be convincing enough to the VO for pursuing a degree lower than my previous degree..
Someone on here once said it’s nearly impossible to convince a VO on why you’d be going for a Diploma after a BSC..
Omo ehnn the struggle is ls real.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 4:56am On Jul 03, 2022
Misstolaly:

Timeline

Congratulations. To God be the glory

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 5:12am On Jul 03, 2022
tracy0803409:

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 5:15am On Jul 03, 2022
Teemie22:
@itsdone2022 @lekkiboboe @makano @frankrobben @Makano @lekiboboe @showyoung @CentennialGuy Please guys I need answer cry

I don't know if you've gotten response but my opinion is that it doesn't matter either ways whether you inform them here or when you get to Canada.

What I believe is important is how well you convinced them when you are applying for her SOWP that you got married to her after you got your study visa and that the marriage is genuine and not an arranged one.

What this means is that beyond the marriage documents and pictures that you will submit, you will have to show proof from way back before you got your study visa that you guys have been in relationship before your study visa. This might include showing chat records and anything that just shows that you've been together for a while.

This is what I think is important. Await the gurus you mentioned to give you a better perspective if they haven't already.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 5:20am On Jul 03, 2022
Teemie22:
@itsdone2022 @lekkiboboe @makano @frankrobben @Makano @lekiboboe @showyoung @CentennialGuy Please guys I need answer cry

I think you should do your court weeding in july . Then send your certificate, pictures etc to IRCC even before you leave Nigeria .
By the time you get to Canny , your information would have been updated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Joebaba1234: 7:33am On Jul 03, 2022
Same here oo
.....December 17...
Femioye337:
Bro.... no be only you o

I applied since December 13.... eligibility started around May, got a message from IRCC to send updated LOA June7 ... since then nothing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ijliz: 8:04am On Jul 03, 2022
Happy Sunday All.

I recently registered my business in June and I intend adding my CAC certificate for my reapplication ( I was refused in May and didn’t mention my business in my first application). I intend mentioning my business in my reapplication to serve as proof of funds and also as home ties. My personal bank account shows funds inflow for my business but due to lump sums I won’t be able to explain, I can’t submit more than 6months of my bank statement. So my question is, how do I explain to them that a business running since was only just registered last month? Do I need to explain that in my SOP or do I only talk about my business without making reference to the CAC registration I just did. I’m kinda confused on the best approach to take. Did anyone recently registered their business before applying for study permit? How did you explain that on your SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abi2022: 9:00am On Jul 03, 2022
@oyalfares...Thank you. I will explore this route

Oyalfares:
You can pay accommodation with Form A if it is the school's account. For my daughter, I added everything together, i.e school fees, student union, insurance and accommodation, feeding etc and paid the lump sum via Form A. Then chose education. Generated invoice from the school's website.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemie22: 9:07am On Jul 03, 2022
CentennialGuy:

I don't know if you've gotten response but my opinion is that it doesn't matter either ways whether you inform them here or when you get to Canada.

What I believe is important is how well you convinced them when you are applying for her SOWP that you got married to her after you got your study visa and that the marriage is genuine and not an arranged one.

What this means is that beyond the marriage documents and pictures that you will submit, you will have to show proof from way back before you got your study visa that you guys have been in relationship before your study visa. This might include showing chat records and anything that just shows that you've been together for a while.

This is what I think is important. Await the gurus you mentioned to give you a better perspective if they haven't already.
Thanks so much I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemie22: 9:08am On Jul 03, 2022
Tcrown2020:

I think you should do your court weeding in july . Then send your certificate, pictures etc to IRCC even before you leave Nigeria .
By the time you get to Canny , your information would have been updated
Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sylvester4040: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2022
I already did that.
Thank you very much, is this medical request a good sign.
amila20042001:
upload it again via webform and emails. no harm doing that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cherishpearl: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Ok

6 years is a study gap, that being said, your best shot is to go for something related to your work experience at a college to show career progression.

Go for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) in any of the programs below at a College

Public relations/Public relations- Corporate communication

Human Resources Management.

Strategic Marketing Communication.

Strategic Relationship Management.
Good morning…please sorry to quote you again but is post graduate diploma different from post graduate certificate because I wanted to apply but the requirements says I must have bsc certificate to be considered
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 9:44am On Jul 03, 2022
tracy0803409:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 9:44am On Jul 03, 2022
The lord that made your medicals passed will surely release your ppr and mine also.
We both applied on the same day.
Misstolaly:

Timeline

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 9:45am On Jul 03, 2022
Any may 14th applicant here?�

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.