Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,055 members, 7,814,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (905975 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 3:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
blessingflow:
Good day @ makano, @teemenzo @osemigho and all the gurus in the house. I just got recieved this reply below to the gmc I raise a week ago. Pls I want to ask, is this the reply they send to every body or it's just specifically for me alone. Pls your advise is needed especially as regards the criminality...a certain agent messed me up 9yrs ago and sent fake doc. For my UK visa application, even after paying him 200k and given him my original docs. I didn't get to know until I received a 10yr ban from the UK embassy, i tried arresting the agent, but he has been on the run. Pls, could this be the crim!nalty canadian embassy is talking about below? Pls i need urgent reply and my heart is pumping plenty blood at once right now.

Good Day,

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application. However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and crim!nality. Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities. Therefore some applications due to the complexity of their nature may take a bit longer to finalise than others

Our office will contact the applicant and sponsor as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information or documents are required.

We realize that the situation is unfortunate and regret that our response could not be more favorable at the moment.

Regards,

This our message is quite different from the ones i have been seeing. But it doesn't show any relationship with your Uk ban. That's what i see sha. Other people can see what I'm not seeing

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
Thanks for your prompt reply. But do you think they will find out about my UK ban?

Teemenzo:

This our message is quite different from the ones i have been seeing. But it doesn't show any relationship with your Uk ban. That's what i see sha. Other people can see what I'm not seeing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olashile147: 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2022
Depend on your course tho but you can check colleges and universities they both offer PGD and PGC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DamilareOla: 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hello house,

Please, I need an airline recommendation.

Is it best to book online or walk into their office (as it pertains to cost)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
blessingflow:
Good day @ makano, @teemenzo @osemigho and all the gurus in the house. I just got recieved this reply below to the gmc I raise a week ago. Pls I want to ask, is this the reply they send to every body or it's just specifically for me alone. Pls your advise is needed especially as regards the criminality...a certain agent messed me up 9yrs ago and sent fake doc. For my UK visa application, even after paying him 200k and given him my original docs. I didn't get to know until I received a 10yr ban from the UK embassy, i tried arresting the agent, but he has been on the run. Pls, could this be the crim!nalty canadian embassy is talking about below? Pls i need urgent reply and my heart is pumping plenty blood at once right now.

Good Day,

Kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application. However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and crim!nality. Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities. Therefore some applications due to the complexity of their nature may take a bit longer to finalise than others

Our office will contact the applicant and sponsor as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information or documents are required.

We realize that the situation is unfortunate and regret that our response could not be more favorable at the moment.

Regards,

As regards to sharing of information between UK and Canada . Yes they do share information regarding travellers seeking visa . USA ,UK,CANADA, REP. OF IRELAND, AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND do share information.
Secondly when you applied for UK visa and got banned did you do Biometrics? If the answer is yes there is a very high probability that the Canadian embassy will find out concerning the ban even if you end up changing your names or passport. I wish you good luck though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TittyLover: 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2022
Is there anyone who did biometrics in december and got PPR request ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2022
blessingflow:
Thanks for your prompt reply. But do you think they will find out about my UK ban?

Don't fret, Canada will know everything. Didn't you declare it while filing your case?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sand4love(f): 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
Bankowner:
As many of you looking to be in Canada, I pray for you today that it will be so. I look forward to hear from you on this side.

And if you're coming very soon, be prepared for the winter cold. Wish you a safe trip.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LholarB(f): 5:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hello house , has anyone successfully submitted their application through Seneca’s college international student portal , I have been stuck at the *document upload * part ... it keeps giving me an error message ...

Would appreciate if anyone can advise on what to do !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 5:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
DarrrkMatter:
Good Morning All
I graduated secondary school in July 2019
I gained admission immediately to one of the best universities in nigeria without help or connection
I'm currently in my second year studying mechanical engineering but truth be told... I'm tired and I've lost faith in the nigerian tertiary education system... fraud everywhere
I'm currently considering dropping out then starting all over abroad preferably Canada or USA
I'm still under 20 so age is still on my side
My WAEC RESULT : BIOLOGY B3
CHEMISTRY B3
CIVIC EDUCATION B3
DATA PROCESSING B3
ENGLISH LANGUAGE B3
FURTHER MATHEMATICS A1
GENERAL MATHEMATICS B2
PHYSICS C4
TECHNICAL DRAWING C6
What i keep thinking about now is the 3 years gap i now have since when I graduated secondary school... because I see some schools require no more than 2 years since graduating from high school

Hello Darrrkmatter,

First as Regards to the bolded, you seek advice from peoole in the house still hide that one thing that will help people to analyse and give your a sincere answer. This is a faceless forum and know one knows another except you know the person before now. So no need not to be plain in your writeup. So you may need to tell the house tour real age as the stage of degree you sort for to most point, age is a determinant factor.

That being said. You have already started university and in your second year, so I wouldn't advice you drop out yet. Infact don't even drop out until you secure your Visa.

Now you have 2 options;

1) You can apply to school as a transfer student. As you have a good waec, I believe your year 1 and year so far year 2 will be good as well (unless Nigeria factor's played part there. Don't be angry ok. Here we tell each other the truth). So school will just evaluate your transcript and see the courses to wave and which level you can start from.

2) Apply directly without mentioning you already have started university. I believe with your waec and till under 20, you're good to go.

Also, since you're under 20, you're still within the limit of applying for Bsc but hope you have the fund to take care of the 4year or 3years or 2years as the case maybe to cover your tuition and living expenses when applying for study visa?

With your age, you don't have issue as regards 2 years gap. We have seen 10+years gap get permit. So all you need is get admission, package your application well and leave the rest to God.

That's my little advice.

All the best

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Raphelchuks: 5:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
We need preparation tips, landing gist and airline recommendation, please!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2022
No, I didn't. I Even forgot. Pls what do you think I should do now?

Teemenzo:

Don't fret, Canada will know everything. Didn't you declare it while filing your case?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
blessingflow:

Hello Blessing,
Sorry the the mess the agent put your through. In info sharing, ofcourse the will find out about the ban because they will inquire. But they won't because of the UK ban and ban you.No. instead since the ban was as a result of misrepresentation, it will only impact your application through a painstaking screening of all your documents submitted.

But you could have made it easier for them had it been during your application, you explained it well in your SOP (dedicate a paragraph to explain the reason for the ban. Yes all we all knows that even if one uses an agent. Any documentation submitted by an agent is by us and us alone will be held accountable). Just hope you did so?

So just relax and hope for the best. In God, all things are possible.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
blessingflow:

In my own opinion, you should raise an LOE explaining you ommitted that paet unintentionally.

Anon123, Ketima, Makano, Frankrobbn1, your brrakfast has been served. E ko je rush rush.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2022
blessingflow:

Wait, you mean you didn't indicate yes in the imm form when they asked have you ever been refused visa before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Shayo5: 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
hello, congratulations
Did you do your medicals after getting letter of acceptance from your school or did you do it while waiting for it?

Monex007:
House just got my ppr message TODAY thank God for his mercies.
I reside in abuja and would appreciate any useful information i can get concerning next steps to take

So this is my timeline
1st time applicant
Upfront Medicals - August 25th 2021
Submitted application online - August 26th 2021
Biometrics collection - August 27th 2021
Submitted biometrics - August 30th 2021
Medical Updated to Passed: September 28th, 2021
Requested for gcms and started sending mails and web forms to their Nairobi, London, Abuja and Lagos visa offices- Jan 24 2022
Correspondence letter, change in review of eligibility and PPR - Jan 26 2022

Documents I submitted
The visa forms
2 Statement of account of my sponsor total was about 24million
Visa pages of my older passports
Admission letter
Support letter from school showing I have paid part of my school fees
Bsc cert
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2022
Honestly, I didn't indicate because I thought they meant if I have ever been refused a Canadian visa before.

Ketima:

Wait, you mean you didn't indicate yes in the imm form when they asked have you ever been refused visa before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
No, I didn't
Teemenzo:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by timilehinemmanu(m): 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
Amen in Jesus name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2022
Thank you so much for your kind words. God bless you

Ketima:

Hello Blessing,
Sorry the the mess the agent put your through. In info sharing, ofcourse the will find out about the ban because they will inquire. But they won't because of the UK ban and ban you.No. instead since the ban was as a result of misrepresentation, it will only impact your application through a painstaking screening of all your documents submitted.

But you could have made it easier for them had it been during your application, you explained it well in your SOP (dedicate a paragraph to explain the reason for the ban. Yes all we all knows that even if one uses an agent. Any documentation submitted by an agent is by us and us alone will be held accountable). Just hope you did so?

So just relax and hope for the best. In God, all things are possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 6:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
Ok, do you think I should involve an immigration lawyer or swear an affidavit?

Teemenzo:

In my own opinion, you should raise an LOE explaining you ommitted that paet unintentionally.

Anon123, Ketima, Makano, Frankrobbn1, your brrakfast has been served. E ko je rush rush.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tilly365: 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
Good evening everyone. Pls I heard about the NSE for student visa approval today and noticed FirstBank isn’t on the list of Banks for mybankstatement to show Proof of funds. My sponsor uses only a first bank account. Is there a way around this or does it mean I’ll have to apply via the normal route. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
Tilly365:
Good evening everyone. Pls I heard about the NSE for student visa approval today and noticed FirstBank isn’t on the list of Banks for mybankstatement to show Proof of funds. My sponsor uses only a first bank account. Is there a way around this or does it mean I’ll have to apply via the normal route. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Firstbank has MBS.. Just go to any first bank branch, you’ll be asked to make some payments online.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2022
blessingflow:
Ok, do you think I should involve an immigration lawyer or swear an affidavit?

That i don't know if it will do much changes so that you don't just throw your money away like that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ItzRay(m): 6:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
Congratulations

amiecandie:
Long post alert

Good morning Nairaland Family. I have come to give back to the source that gave me hope on this journey since May 2019 2021. Its PPR GUYS!!!!

I dedicate this testimony to God Almighty, the one who got times and season in his hands. Though it was a long wait from getting ITA for SINP in October 2019 to rejection in April 2020 and starting the Study permit journey in November 2020 , but it happened when it was meant to be.

November 2020, I decided to explore the study route after an attempt at PNP with no success.

This is my First application (Self and Brother sponsor)
Age= 44yrs
Applied for Admission=== December 2020

Schools=== NBCC and Crandall University both in New Brunswick( i had a strategy for choosing schools in that province, they are immigration friendly to Nigerians and international students. PR is quicker both in study and after schoolon}) NBCC waitlisted me for PG in Business Analytics while Crandalll offered me uncondirional admission in February 2021 and fees fully paid as at June 2021.

Course === Masters in Organizatiinal Management ( already have Masters in HR from UK (online)

NSE for IELTS only ==== used the same IELTS for PNP. Account i used does not qualify for MBS( a call account)

Medical done May 3rd and my kids May 27th and submission for application was May 14th

Biomerics ======= May 26th
Medical passed =====. June 4th

Then the wait started and I also requested for GCMS notes 3 consecutive times, waiting for the 3rd before the PPR came.

Started sending soft mails to Nairobi and Beijing in August as my school session was to start in September. I took the advise from the group and sent to the MP in charge of Moncton but no good response.

I was really getting frustrated, at a point i had to stop reading through posts in group for my mental health.

PPR: February 10th 2022 for myself and 3 kids

God is faithful to his word and whatever He says he will do, He surely will

*Applicant’s Documents*

*IRCC FORMS*

1. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),

2. Family Information form (IMM5645E)

3. Temporary Resident form (IMM5257B)

*Applicants personal documents*

1. Copy of Applicant's covid carc.

2. Unconditional Official Letter of Acceptance from the Crandall University

3. Full year tuition payment receipt from Crandall University

4. Copy of Applicant Birth Certificate,
5. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate,

6. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page

7. Letter of explanation

8. B.sc certificate and Masters certificate

9. CIPM certificate

10. Transcripts

11. IELTS

*Financial documents*

1. Employment letter

2. Letter of Introduction from Employer,

3. Tuition paid in full receipt, call account statement of 3m, 25% of RSA funds statement - 3.5m and brother's Bank of America statement of 20,000usd

4. Twelve (12) months regular bank statement showing inflow and outflow of funds.

5. Employment pay slips.

6. Letter of recommendation from my former supervisor and colleagues

7. Pension contributions statement.
8. Property and Lands documents

*Proof of Relationship Documents*

1. Marriage Certificate.

*Kids Documents*

1. Birth certificate for the kids,

2.Children's international passport bio data page

3.Consent letter from Spouse

*Husband's Documents*

1. Valid ID for Hubby.

2. Employment letter.

3. Work ID

4. Husband's Consent letter

*Sibling's Documents

1. Valid ID
2. USA PR Card
3. Employment letter
4. Affidavit of support
5. Work ID
6. Bank statements

Thank you for taking out time to read. Now we plan our flight to Moncton New Brunswick.

All those patiently waiting, God will/has done it already. For 9months like a pregnancy at the right time, the push led to this victory.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ItzRay(m): 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2022
You won't get any email notification when eligibility starts. It'll be in your portal and when you check it, you'll see it there.

GentleBobo:

Do you get an email notification that your eligibility has started or you only get to know when you check your account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Novenia: 6:54pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hello, please do anyone know about Canadian CareerEducation College in Canada. I applied to it and I’m to pay for LOA after admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DarrrkMatter: 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Darrrkmatter,

First as Regards to the bolded, you seek advice from peoole in the house still hide that one thing that will help people to analyse and give your a sincere answer. This is a faceless forum and know one knows another except you know the person before now. So no need not to be plain in your writeup. So you may need to tell the house tour real age as the stage of degree you sort for to most point, age is a determinant factor.

That being said. You have already started university and in your second year, so I wouldn't advice you drop out yet. Infact don't even drop out until you secure your Visa.

Now you have 2 options;

1) You can apply to school as a transfer student. As you have a good waec, I believe your year 1 and year so far year 2 will be good as well (unless Nigeria factor's played part there. Don't be angry ok. Here we tell each other the truth). So school will just evaluate your transcript and see the courses to wave and which level you can start from.

2) Apply directly without mentioning you already have started university. I believe with your waec and till under 20, you're good to go.

Also, since you're under 20, you're still within the limit of applying for Bsc but hope you have the fund to take care of the 4year or 3years or 2years as the case maybe to cover your tuition and living expenses when applying for study visa?

With your age, you don't have issue as regards 2 years gap. We have seen 10+years gap get permit. So all you need is get admission, package your application well and leave the rest to God.

That's my little advice.

All the best

thanks for this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hello Blessing

Even though the message isn't related to any UK BAN, be rest assured Canada will know.. You see that part in the GCMS notes called "Info sharing", yes that part, its all about these.. As part of the background check, Canada shares information with other top countries(UK inclusive) as regards the immigration status of each applicant, which I am sure they will also do in your case...

It will take a Miracle if you don't also get a Ban from Canada, I just hope you declared this UK ban to Canada when filling your form and you also stated it in your LOE that you have previously gotten a 10 year BAN from the UK..

I just hope you did that, cos if you think you will hide that from Canada by denying it, be rest assured Canada will know, these are developed and advanced countries and not Nigeria that anything goes..

Agents are from the pit of hell, they will put an applicant in trouble and go on the run.. Probably he will go somewhere else and continue his business, at the end of the day , its the applicant that looses and suffers for it..

Peace

blessingflow:

Good Day,

Regards,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hmmmm I'm speechless..thanks for your unbiased explanation! I leave everything in God's hands at this point.

makano:
Hello Blessing

Even though the message isn't related to any UK BAN, be rest assured Canada will know.. You see that part in the GCMS notes called "Info sharing", yes that part, its all about these.. As part of the background check, Canada shares information with other top countries(UK inclusive) as regards the immigration status of each applicant, which I am sure they will also do in your case...

It will take a Miracle if you don't also get a Ban from Canada, I just hope you declared this UK ban to Canada when filling your form and you also stated it in your LOE that you have previously gotten a 10 year BAN from the UK..

I just hope you did that, cos if you think you will hide that from Canada by denying it, be rest assured Canada will know, these are developed and advanced countries and not Nigeria that anything goes..

Agents are from the pit of hell, they will put an applicant in trouble and go on the run.. Probably he will go somewhere else and continue his business, at the end of the day , its the applicant that looses and suffers for it..

Peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2022
Tilly365:

Go to any first bank big branch coz not all first bank branch do MBS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2022
blessingflow:
Hmmmm I'm speechless..thanks for your unbiased explanation! I leave everything in God's hands at this point.

"I leave everything in God's hands"
You better take matters into your own hands to avoid another 5year BAN from Canada. Someone mentioned you raising an LOE and explain the circumstances surrounding the UK BAN, I think that's the best line of action for you to take at this point.
Contact @makano @justmellow to craft a good LOE explaining what happened.
If you do NOTHING, I can almost guarantee you another 5yr BAN.
My 2 cents

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.