Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (905983 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2022
Thank you. Will do as advised.

NorthernshoreTS:

"I leave everything in God's hands"
You better take matters into your own hands to avoid another 5year BAN from Canada. Someone mentioned you raising an LOE and explain the circumstances surrounding the UK BAN, I think that's the best line of action for you to take at this point.
Contact @makano @justmellow to craft a good LOE explaining what happened.
If you do NOTHING, I can almost guarantee you another 5yr BAN.
My 2 cents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WiZiggy: 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Wow, interesting, when did you apply?
Legacyedition:

You don't have to be scared . Most Study Permit application gcms note comes out without pre-assessment note cos of batch processing by Chinook software used by ircc currently. They are doing away with the junior officers. Application gets processed in batches
on Chinook spreadsheet in 50-100 applications per page . So not having a pre-assessment note is not an issue.

If officer can't make decision instantly on your application due to bank statements confirmation, Loa confirmation, documents request etc. He will place your application on "review required" or "recommend interview " . He has 30 -60 days to get back to your file. The documents department will place the requested details on his/her action list after confirmation or your submission.

You will have to mail your visa office to remind them that your file recall is due if you didn't hear from ircc within 60days after the RR got updated.

Here is where paying tuition fee, doing gic, Mybankstatements ticket without lumpsum deposit comes to pay. From the testimonies on this thread, scholarship/funded applicants gets decision faster. Reason I decided to pay full tuition fee and additional 10,000CAD for living expenses. I got med request 10days after my file was re-opened with resubmission and PPR 10 days later. Total of 20 days. There's absolutely nothing the visa officer want to confirm from Bank again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
Please is there anyone still waiting since August 2021? School has resumed since last month and everything is just quiet from IRCC’s end. The last correspondence from them was medical request in November. This is getting tiring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Raphelchuks: 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
University of Ottawa (UoO)...Can someone link me up with a student, pls!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
Tilly365:
Good evening everyone. Pls I heard about the NSE for student visa approval today and noticed FirstBank isn’t on the list of Banks for mybankstatement to show Proof of funds. My sponsor uses only a first bank account. Is there a way around this or does it mean I’ll have to apply via the normal route. Thanks in advance for your responses.
go to the main branch ,only the main branch does mbs that's what I did

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WiZiggy: 8:21pm On Feb 12, 2022
In this case will the person still explain the lumpsum after 4months?
Anon123:

Gift deed is used as proof or source of lump sums and not as POF. The relative is expected to actually make that transfer to you.

I will advise the relative transfers now and you leave the amount to fallow in your account for a period of 4-5months, then you print.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
Novenia:
Hello, please do anyone know about Canadian CareerEducation College in Canada. I applied to it and I’m to pay for LOA after admission

It's a college in Vaughan ,Ontario Canada. It is a designated learning institution but any international student who studied and graduated from there isn't eligible to apply for a Post graduation work permit (PGWP). So if your main aim is to study in Canada and then after graduation , apply for PGWP then I advice that you forget about that College immediately so as not to lament later. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oviebright: 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Good evening please does anyone has the format of how a gift deed should look like? @anon @frankrob @justwise @legacyedition @ just Mello. Anyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hotboss: 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
Osemigho:

1. That is a wonderful course because it is 2 years and have co-op. You did a great job identifying and going for it. When you get to your school, get excellent grade and highlight on your resume during your co-op search. Your co-op will give you the highly valuable Canadian experience.

2. That's a lie. Although minorities, black included, have more unemployment rate, there are several black people in and leading HR departments. In fact, one HR leader in the City of Calagry is a black woman originally from Nigeria. Her name is Adediwura ODIASE, MBA, MSc., CPHR.

The problem most immigrant minority face is that Canadian employers like to build their own leaders and most immigrant come with international experience and education. As such, they end up being over qualified for most entry level position and under qualified (due to lack of Canadian experience) for most senior level position. At the end, the compete heavily for the limited position available for them.

Most masters and PhD graduate, particularly in humanities field, with zero Canadian experience will find it challenging to get a professional job after school. Diploma and bachelor's degree graduate find it easier because of many entry level position. For the masters and phD international student, there are ways to navigate the issue but you won't learn it in school. You will learn them from professionals outside school. So don't just study in school, network with Nigerian and non-nigerian professionals while you are in school. If you find one close enough to you, they might share the tips of getting a professional job in Canada.

Thanks for your good responses and insights.

Pls what is your take about doing MEng (Course based) at University of Calgary. Is it a good move?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
blessingflow:
No, I didn't. I Even forgot. Pls what do you think I should do now?

Honestly Blessingflow I just hope and pray that things works out well for you. This is because you have been expecting a decision on your application for study permit for a long time now and then all this issue is coming up. Withholding information when filling the application for Canada study permit either knowingly or unknowingly might end up being termed as misrepresentation and in such a case you might be tagged as inadmissible into Canada .
Just as some ppl suggested here on this platform you can decided to send a letter of explanation through webform to see if it might help or not.
Below is a link that explains further what an applicant for a visa application risk if he or she withholds information .
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons.html
Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 1manuel(m): 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2022
emmalextemtop:

Ohh thanks so much!

How many hours is the medicals at IOM ikeja?
My appointment is by 8:00 a.m.

Please how much does it cost
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Demmy10: 9:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
1manuel:

Please how much does it cost
For an adult at IOM, it's 46,500.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mamaamanda: 9:25pm On Feb 12, 2022
Wesay01:
Good afternoon fam just filling my form.
About the National id sector I saw date isssue/ expire and I'm with the temporary National id there is no issues date on it please guys how do you go about it

Am also stuck at this point. Can someone help out.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 1manuel(m): 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2022
Demmy10:

For an adult at IOM, it's 46,500.

Pheew, i thought it would cost more

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by desi10mi: 9:35pm On Feb 12, 2022
Good evening all,
My study permit was refused last year September so I requested for a refund. I really need professional help to assist in the new application I want to embark on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 9:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
blessingflow:
Hmmmm I'm speechless..thanks for your unbiased explanation! I leave everything in God's hands at this point.

Wetin do the hand wey God give you? Don't chop your seeds begin dey complain of no harvest. They have advise you to send LOE, and possibly an updated form. Clarify you miss that question or submitted the wrong form with your application. Do it quickly before they send letter of misrepresentation to you. After then, just forget about it. I wonder how you will explain to others that you got two bans from different countries due to misrepresentation. Don't ruin your current and future chances. Take charge of your life and do the neccessary quickly.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ItzRay(m): 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2022
That means your eligibility review is yet to start

Halyshia:
thanks, mine says application in progress, we will message you when we start reviewing your eligibility, I’m August applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 9:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
Thanks alot. I have reached out to makano

Osemigho:

Wetin do the hand wey God give you? Don't chop your seeds begin dey complain of no harvest. They have advise you to send LOE, and possibly an updated form. Clarify you miss that question or submitted the wrong form with your application. Do it quickly before they send letter of misrepresentation to you. After then, just forget about it. I wonder how you will explain to others that you got two bans from different countries due to misrepresentation. Don't ruin your current and future chances. Take charge of your life and do the neccessary quickly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 10:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
Thank you so much, I will do as advised.

mrprolifik:

Honestly Blessingflow I just hope and pray that things works out well for you. This is because you have been expecting a decision on your application for study permit for a long time now and then all this issue is coming up. Withholding information when filling the application for Canada study permit either knowingly or unknowingly might end up being termed as misrepresentation and in such a case you might be tagged as inadmissible into Canada .
Just as some ppl suggested here on this platform you can decided to send a letter of explanation through webform to see if it might help or not.
Below is a link that explains further what an applicant for a visa application risk if he or she withholds information .
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons.html
Wish you all the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SandraOvie(f): 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
Yureyes:
Please is there anyone still waiting since August 2021? School has resumed since last month and everything is just quiet from IRCC’s end. The last correspondence from them was medical request in November. This is getting tiring.

Your own is good na! They even requested medical, my own is blank!
Nothing! Completely ignored! Hmmm! Na wa o!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by desi10mi: 10:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
https://www.getgcms.com/

OR

https://www.thegcmsonline.com/

Please which of the above link is best to request for gcms note

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by quin9(f): 11:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
Osemigho:

Is it not even better to withdraw the application? And send in another one on a clean slate?
(Just wondering)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Naheem4real(m): 11:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
Semtu:
Hello guys, I’m trying to pay tuition using the form A.

At first when trying to register, it was saying BVN not linked to Email.

I’ve been to the bank to complain, but now the error message I’m getting is “BVN is invalid”

Please how do I solve this
I am also facing almost the same challenge, after submitting my bvn it shows that OTP has been sent to my mail, meanwhile nothing was sent to my mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LivinaPatrick(f): 11:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
I think this is the best suggestion so far
quin9:

Is it not even better to withdraw the application? And send in another one on a clean slate?
(Just wondering)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LivinaPatrick(f): 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
blessingflow:
Thank you so much, I will do as advised.

I think you may need to withdraw that application immediately and start afresh.
May also wait for the gurus to confirm if it's a good step
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bandel: 11:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
I thought NSE no longer exist.
Jessica50:
go to the main branch ,only the main branch does mbs that's what I did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bandel: 11:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
So when you pay the full tuition fee and GIC of 10k for living expense, the review is likely to be faster?
Legacyedition:

You don't have to be scared . Most Study Permit application gcms note comes out without pre-assessment note cos of batch processing by Chinook software used by ircc currently. They are doing away with the junior officers. Application gets processed in batches
on Chinook spreadsheet in 50-100 applications per page . So not having a pre-assessment note is not an issue.

If officer can't make decision instantly on your application due to bank statements confirmation, Loa confirmation, documents request etc. He will place your application on "review required" or "recommend interview " . He has 30 -60 days to get back to your file. The documents department will place the requested details on his/her action list after confirmation or your submission.

You will have to mail your visa office to remind them that your file recall is due if you didn't hear from ircc within 60days after the RR got updated.

Here is where paying tuition fee, doing gic, Mybankstatements ticket without lumpsum deposit comes to pay. From the testimonies on this thread, scholarship/funded applicants gets decision faster. Reason I decided to pay full tuition fee and additional 10,000CAD for living expenses. I got med request 10days after my file was re-opened with resubmission and PPR 10 days later. Total of 20 days. There's absolutely nothing the visa officer want to confirm from Bank again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Demmy10: 11:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
bandel:
I thought NSE no longer exist.
Yes, it doesn't anymore....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 12:00am On Feb 13, 2022
Hello Yureyes

Keep sending them mails without relenting..

Keep disturbing them with mails and webform until you get an update from them..

Peace
Yureyes:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Halyshia: 12:08am On Feb 13, 2022
ItzRay:

That means your eligibility review is yet to start

eeh God, over 5months, lord please help me intervene o

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.