Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (915378 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 8:18am On Feb 13, 2022
Yureyes:
Please is there anyone still waiting since August 2021? School has resumed since last month and everything is just quiet from IRCC’s end. The last correspondence from them was medical request in November. This is getting tiring.

Has your eligibility started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 19CannyMum: 8:20am On Feb 13, 2022
Osemigho:

Many people don't understand the impact. They just want to japa. I know an international student currently struggling on what to do next. He came September 2021 for a one year program. On arrival, he found out that the program will end May 2022 because there is no break in between. He doesn't know what to do next or how he will be able to pay the next program year if he can't work summer and has to do another course in September.

People should save themselves this kind of stress and go for atleast 1.5 years program. Two year programs (starting in winter) are the best if you plan to work summers. It will get you two summer breaks that you can work full time. Make sure to confirm the program goes on break during summer period.

Please forgive me if my question is an olodo one. If his program ends May, and he's resuming a new program September, he's not allowed to work full time between May and September?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 8:32am On Feb 13, 2022
Osemigho:

Withdrawal is good when the applicant recently submitted the app. If it is more than one month, the best might be to explain the omission because embassy may have made found out and just waiting to send the letter.

Yes. Info sharing is already completed so they already have the info. Her best bet is do a well explanatory LOE and send to them ASAP. withdrawal isn't an option as info sharing/background check is completed already and eligibility has resumed if not completed yet though not yet updated on application.

My concern isn't about rejection or ban but the effect in your future applications to other countries. Imagine having 10year ban from UK ad 5year ban from Canada. Other Countries will really feel she is synonymous to misrepresentation.

Please blessing, hope you have sent the LOE? The lord is your strength ok. Do not panic. God of oversight (if such exists) can be on your side when the VO might be going through you application.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 8:43am On Feb 13, 2022
19CannyMum:

Please forgive me if my question is an olodo one. If his program ends May, and he's resuming a new program September, he's not allowed to work full time between May and September?

Frm question, I guess it was 1 year program and you want to do another one so as to qualify for 2-3years PGWP?

Sometime ago, there was a debate here as to is it ok and safe to work before your School resumes. Many adviced against why many said please the person can go ahead, that nothing will happen that others have done it and are now PR holders. I waited to see the person who did same to come give us first hand, but non came forward.

Now I will be sincere with you here. This a faceless forum and as such people can tell you things that even them wont do for fear of being denied PGWP at the end. I do tell my peoole that if one can stay jobless in Nigeria for 2 years and more without dying, why then will that person want to risk his dream because of few month 40hrs weekly job that may deny you lifetime 40hrs weekly income.

So my candid advice, to qualify for 2-3years PGWP, and about to start his next 1year studies concurrently, let him chill please. He is lucky he is already there. Let him be receiving atleast cool weather breeze till Sept ok.

My humble opinion though.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 8:46am On Feb 13, 2022
Halyshia:
please is it possible I use different email from the one I used on my application to mail them?

Yes but your application number and UCI MUST be quoted in all your mails.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 8:50am On Feb 13, 2022
Chechem:
Goodevening house, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this...

I want to apply for a graduate certificate program in a college, I have BSc and MSc, will I be asked for ielts?

First, why you want to go for PGD when you already have Msc?

No. IELTS isn't compulsory. Sometime last year the introduced NSE route which made IELTS mandatory. But along the line, seems it died a natural death as it doesn't seems to be working at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 19CannyMum: 8:54am On Feb 13, 2022
Ketima:

Frm question, I guess it was 1 year program and you want to do another one so as to qualify for 2-3years PGWP?

Sometime ago, there was a debate here as to is it ok and safe to work before your School resumes. Many adviced against why many said please the person can go ahead, that nothing will happen that others have done it and are now PR holders. I waited to see the person who did same to come give us first hand, but non came forward.

Now I will be sincere with you here. This a faceless forum and as such people can tell you things that even them wont do for fear of being denied PGWP at the end. I do tell my peoole that if one can stay jobless in Nigeria for 2 years and more without dying, why then will that person want to risk his dream because of few month 40hrs weekly job that may deny you lifetime 40hrs weekly income.

So my candid advice, to qualify for 2-3years PGWP, and about to start his next 1year studies concurrently, let him chill please. He is lucky he is already there. Let him be receiving atleast cool weather breeze till Sept ok.

My humble opinion though.

Thanks for the response. Is there any reference on this, and can they work 20 hours during that break?

What of regular students , can they work full time during their summer break?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 8:56am On Feb 13, 2022
19CannyMum:

You may be allowed to work full time for up to 150days before the second program starts if you meet certain conditions. Click on the link below and read towards the end to find the answers to your question.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html#ineligible-programs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Demmy10: 9:01am On Feb 13, 2022
Azedolf:
Okay thanks

IOM says it takes between 3-10 days to send your result to IRCC. I'm sure they would message you this week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 19CannyMum: 9:15am On Feb 13, 2022
mrprolifik:

You may be allowed to work full time for up to 150days before the second program starts if you meet certain conditions. Click on the link below and read towards the end to find the answers to your question.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html#ineligible-programs

Thank you. According to the reference you shared, they'll be able to work full time as soon as they get a completion letter. They finish their current program May, study permit valid till November, admission for September at the same DLI is already in hand.

Students who have completed a program of study and will be starting a new program of study within 150 days of receiving a written confirmation of program completion from their current institution
Students may work off campus on a full-time basis until the start of their new program if the following applies:

-they meet the eligibility criteria to work off campus [R186(v)]
-they have received written confirmation of program completion from their current institution (for instance, a transcript or an official letter)
-they have submitted an application to change conditions, extend their stay or remain in Canada as a student before their current study permit expired, or they still have a valid study permit
-they have been issued a letter of acceptance to a subsequent program of full-time study at a DLI and will be starting the new program within 150 calendar days of receiving a notification of program completion from their current institution
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 9:24am On Feb 13, 2022
19CannyMum:

Thanks for the response. Is there any reference on this, and can they work 20 hours during that break?

What of regular students , can they work full time during their summer break?

Yes, regular student's can work full time during breaks and part time during studies. In his case, he has completed his studies (no more a student), so he is expected to apply for for PGWP to enable him work full time or even part time. So any work he does when not a student nor a PGWP holder could be termed illegal (I stand to be corrected).

Now, as for the reference, I still seek that too even from the last debate we had and not one person seem to point to where the reference stated students can or shouldn't work before for their classes resume.

I'm only airing my opinion based on what I will do so as not to jeopardize my dream. So is not compulsory one must do it. I know one of the main reasons Canada limited students to coming to Canada to just a month is because they will likely come to work before class resumes and believe you, if such is allowed, alot of student will keep deferring till their last option of deferring so that they will work full time Wella before starting school.

That's just my take sir/ma

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 9:34am On Feb 13, 2022
Scott99tish:
It’s possible Her Owerri contact also
Contacted Alagbon.

Since she has used it already, just rest Jessica.
It’s not a mandatory document…
ok thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 19CannyMum: 9:48am On Feb 13, 2022
Ketima:

Yes, regular student's can work full time during breaks and part time during studies. In his case, he has completed his studies (no more a student), so he is expected to apply for for PGWP to enable him work full time or even part time. So any work he does when not a student nor a PGWP holder could be termed illegal (I stand to be corrected).

Now, as for the reference, I still seek that too even from the last debate we had and not one person seem to point to where the reference stated students can or shouldn't work before for their classes resume.

I'm only airing my opinion based on what I will do so as not to jeopardize my dream. So is not compulsory one must do it. I know one of the main reasons Canada limited students to coming to Canada to just a month is because they will likely come to work before class resumes and believe you, if such is allowed, alot of student will keep deferring till their last option of deferring so that they will work full time Wella before starting school.

That's just my take sir/ma

I really appreciate your response, thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CanadaNomad: 9:59am On Feb 13, 2022
Hello guys. I need advice please. I got a well paying remote job this month of 1m+. I figure this will give me a chance to actualize my long time goal of studying abroad. I have a background in IT (BSc. Computer Science, 4+ years experience in technical support). I need ideas on how to go about this please. My target is fall 2022 or winter 2023.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 11:02am On Feb 13, 2022
Nikky6:

Saturday has passed lol

grin grin grin grin, IRCC ways.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 11:10am On Feb 13, 2022
Thanks for your concern.
I applied July 2021, that's 7months now. I will do as advised. God bless you

Scott99tish:
Hi Blessing,

Sorry about all this. This is quite huge and you need to act fast.
Firstly, When did you apply?
If it’s recently, you should withdraw your application and start afresh.

If it’s over 2-3months, then you need to submit LOE explaining what was missed out with all sincerity. Possibly explain it’s been a while since you’re on 9th years and it’s a complete oversight.
Also you can refill that form and fill it correctly to upload with the LOE also.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Baabu320: 11:54am On Feb 13, 2022
This is my first application and I saw 4 terms which confuses me does it mean 2years?

I am applying for pgd with my HND. Am on the right track?

All advices are welcome!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by joideviv(m): 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
BabaDelta1:

Quickly go to the bank you did your BVN, they will give you form to fill. Tell them you want to link your email and phone number to your BVN. The next day, open the link and input your BVN again and it will go through.

Hope this helps

I'm in UK like this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Atigba: 12:38pm On Feb 13, 2022
makano:
Hello Chechem

Most schools do not make IELTS compulsory for Nigeria applicants cos they know we are an English speaking country, so you should submit your WAEC, just to show that you were taught in English language in your home country..

In addition, a graduate certificate program is a lower degree to M.Sc., this doesn't show Career progression..

You are expected to apply for a PhD, or at least another Masters...

Except you wanna hide your Msc and apply for the graduate certificate program..

Peace

If he had 2.2, there is no way he can apply for direct masters in Canada.
In this case, his explanation in the statement of purpose will be convincing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2022
Atigba:

Hello Atigba,

Hope you're doing good? As per the bolded, is not really correct. Yes is hard but not impossible. People here have witnessed or secured Masters admission with 2.2 class of GP.

As for for person in question, if he or she has secured admission in PDG, is ok. All the person need to do in the SOP is hint that one of the prerequisite for Msc in Canada is 2:1 and since he/she came out with 2.2, PGD is now the right choice of degree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Atigba: 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2022
blessingflow:
Good day @ makano, @teemenzo @osemigho and all the gurus in the house. I just got recieved this reply below to the gmc I raise a week ago. Pls I want to ask, is this the reply they send to every body or it's just specifically for me alone. Pls your advise is needed especially as regards the criminality...a certain agent messed me up 9yrs ago and sent fake doc. For my UK visa application, even after paying him 200k and given him my original docs. I didn't get to know until I received a 10yr ban from the UK embassy, i tried arresting the agent, but he has been on the run. Pls, could this be the crim!nalty canadian embassy is talking about below? Pls i need urgent reply and my heart is pumping plenty blood at once right now.

Good Day,

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application. However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and crim!nality. Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities. Therefore some applications due to the complexity of their nature may take a bit longer to finalise than others

Our office will contact the applicant and sponsor as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information or documents are required.

We realize that the situation is unfortunate and regret that our response could not be more favorable at the moment.

Regards,

When filling the visa application form. There was a place they asked;

have you even be denied a visa to any country?

Or

Have you ever committed visa imigration offence?

Did you answer the question genuinely?. Or you skipped it.

If you tell them exactly what happened to you and why you were banned in the visa application. They might overlook it because you are truthful.

But if you lied and skip the space, refused to answer the question or give a false answer, they will ban you for 5 years for misrepresentation.

Shalom.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 12:56pm On Feb 13, 2022
Baabu320:
This is my first application and I saw 4 terms which confuses me does it mean 2years?

All advices are welcome!

4terms is between 16 months and 24months depending on how your program is.

Some programs to 2 terms per year while some do 3 terms per year. Whichever way it is, it is termed 2year course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lamash: 12:58pm On Feb 13, 2022
Atigba:

Okay what of someone who had a very low 2.2 for bsc, had a 2.1 for mba,,can the person get msc straight ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Atigba: 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Atigba,

Hope you're doing good? As per the bolded, is not really correct. Yes is hard but not impossible. People here have witnessed or secured Masters admission with 2.2 class of GP.

As for for person in question, if he or she has secured admission in PDG, is ok. All the person need to do in the SOP is hint that one of the prerequisite for Msc in Canada is 2:1 and since he/she came out with 2.2, PGD is now the right choice of degree.

Exactly.

A good explanation in SOP will take care of it. You are the one going for study, and if you can state or explain clearly why the particular program and it would benefit your career goal. You are good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2022
CanadaNomad:
Hello guys. I need advice please. I got a well paying remote job this month of 1m+. I figure this will give me a chance to actualize my long time goal of studying abroad. I have a background in IT (BSc. Computer Science, 4+ years experience in technical support). I need ideas on how to go about this please. My target is fall 2022 or winter 2023.

Hello CanadaNomad,

Let me correlate your words. First you got a job that pays 1mio+( is it monthly or yearly).

Also, you said your target is fall 2022. Please as said the money will help you achieve your target of studying abroad, so is it this money you just got this month that you plan to use to achieve the dream by fall 2022?

Mind you:
1). Fall 2022 term application for Masters is even closed in many schools with only fee left

2) Most PGD School have started placing students on wait-list.
So if fall 2022 term is your target, you need to be quick about it and start applying ASAP.

I believe 2023 should be your target so that by then, you must have saved some money from your monthly income.

If you're thinking of going for fall 2022 term, you only have 6months (Feb to June) atleast to save and get living expenses+1year tuition. That's if you mean you earn 1mio monthly or you already have money set aside for the studies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2022
lamash:

Okay what of someone who had a very low 2.2 for bsc, had a 2.1 for mba,,can the person get msc straight ?

Hello lamash,

The first huddle of Msc is to secure a supervisor. Once you do that, you have crossed 90% of the bridge.

As for MBA 2.1 and Bsc 2.2, is left for the school. But I have seen someone with high 2.2 in Bsc and high 2.1 in PDG, get admission in masters (though is course based).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
Baabu320:

All advices are welcome!

Yes that's a 2 year program. Each year comprises of 2 semesters (2 terms). So the 2 year program will give u a total of 4 semester or term as you may want to call it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Naheem4real(m): 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Legacyedition:

You don't have to be scared . Most Study Permit application gcms note comes out without pre-assessment note cos of batch processing by Chinook software used by ircc currently. They are doing away with the junior officers. Application gets processed in batches
on Chinook spreadsheet in 50-100 applications per page . So not having a pre-assessment note is not an issue.

If officer can't make decision instantly on your application due to bank statements confirmation, Loa confirmation, documents request etc. He will place your application on "review required" or "recommend interview " . He has 30 -60 days to get back to your file. The documents department will place the requested details on his/her action list after confirmation or your submission.

You will have to mail your visa office to remind them that your file recall is due if you didn't hear from ircc within 60days after the RR got updated.

Here is where paying tuition fee, doing gic, Mybankstatements ticket without lumpsum deposit comes to pay. From the testimonies on this thread, scholarship/funded applicants gets decision faster. Reason I decided to pay full tuition fee and additional 10,000CAD for living expenses. I got med request 10days after my file was re-opened with resubmission and PPR 10 days later. Total of 20 days. There's absolutely nothing the visa officer want to confirm from Bank again.
Hi Legacy, pls I need your advice on this. I have made my full tuition deposit, and I am planning of applying through NSE route. My sponsor is willing to deposit a lump sum amount ($30,000) into my account and he his backing it up with giftdeed. Is that a red flag?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2022
19CannyMum:

I sincerely don't have ircc Verified answer to that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ATTAHDYE(m): 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
Hi everyone, will you pay for your forms to be filled for you while you focus on gathering other important stuff?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
I recently submitted my son's admission application.
Although I haven't gotten any reply but the application has been confirmed
LholarB:
Hello house , has anyone successfully submitted their application through Seneca’s college international student portal , I have been stuck at the *document upload * part ... it keeps giving me an error message ...

Would appreciate if anyone can advise on what to do !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by username12: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
Hello,

I had similar experience when I did my biometrics. My biometrics number, date of enrollment and expiry date were all updated on my portal, but the biometrics section still showed we need your biometrics.

What I did was mail IRCC, and vfs with the biometric slips I was given after the capturing. Vfs replied that it had been transmitted to IRCC same day my biometrics was captured, then later same day, IRCC updated it on my portal.

Funny enough, my gcms note I received few days back showed that my background check was completed on that day the biometrics was updated to completed.

So, mail both parties asap, and don't worry about it.
Azedolf:
Hello,
did my biometric Feb 9 and it show on my portal same day for biometric enrollment date but till now the biometric is not completed, it takes how many days to complete and approve biometric?

Also will I get message from IOM when they send my medical exam to IRCC cuz I did it Feb 8 and no update yet from IOM

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.