Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,013 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908125 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ibaka: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2022
Gracehayford1:
Hello everyone, please what’s the price of police report. I am in port harcourt and someone is charging me 57k

5k in lagos pls shine your eyes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ibaka: 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
Thomsyne:
Hello house,

How possible is it to get to the biometrics centre at the time you booked and be done ASAP? It will be difficult to get a lot of time off work because I already did for upfront medicals this week and took excuse for that.

I booked Wednesday next week for 1pm

It takes less thank 30mins on a good day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2022
Comfyski:

If I was outside Canada..would I get a port of entry letter from ircc before going to the airport?

I haven’t heard of point of entry letter before... what you need is your visa and other documents they check at the airport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thomsyne(m): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2022
ibaka:

It takes less thank 30mins on a good day

Alright thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thefil: 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2022
You would have to work it out. I was there for 5 hours. I guess the network was not steady.
One can’t tell what it will be like.

Thomsyne:
Hello house,

How possible is it to get to the biometrics centre at the time you booked and be done ASAP? It will be difficult to get a lot of time off work because I already did for upfront medicals this week and took excuse for that.

I booked Wednesday next week for 1pm

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oloyede1(m): 7:03pm On Jul 09, 2022
Mimicn:
Hello house. Please I will like to find out how to pay for APPLICATION FEES NOT TUITION FEE using FLYWIRE. I have been trying since yesterday but I could not find a way to pay. Please anyone that can explain how to pay. Thank you

I can help you pay, you just give me the naira equivalent.

At least I have used it to pay for my own application fees and also made my first school deposit with it

Send me a PM if you are interested
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Godisgreat444: 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2022
timagbo:

For how much??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JCrystal: 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hello everyone!!

I would really appreciate insight on how to go about this:

I got admission for January intake which I plan to submit study permit with but I need some suggestions on how to go about the proof of funds:
Part of the proof of funds was gotten from sale of land which is a lumpsum and having gone through this forum I find conflicting advice on using sale of property as evidence of source of funds:
I have two options:

Option 1: Since the sale was in June, I can wait it out till October when the lumpsum from the sale will not be reflected on the bank statement. The catch here is I feel I will be quite late applying for study permit against January considering the wait times to get reply from IRCC

Option 2: I could pay my whole tuition fee (it is a one year program) and have my parent transfer all the living expenses to me then explain it in my SOP and back it up with all the necessary documents. This gives me the option to apply early.

I also wasn't quite sure if using Option 2 I'd still have to submit my parent's bank statement after payment of fee and transferring living expenses.
I'll appreciate anyone's suggestion regarding this @anon123 @justmellow @lekiboboe @makano @Frankrobbn1

Thank you as I await your responses!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by loluwaomo: 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hi Guys i am new here... i actually have Masters admission offers for UK for January 2023 intake but i intend switching to Canada.
1. I applied to centinnial college for a year program with co-op option but may i know if its not to late considering the fact that i intend resuming January.
2. Can I apply to two courses in centinnal college ...is there anyone who has done it before
3. How long does it take to get feedback from centinnal college after sending the required documents

Can someone shed more light on 1 year ( coop option) and 2 years program... I have a Bachelors degree in philosophy with a 2.1 and i finished my NYSC last year...
Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jhabulani: 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2022
Chubbyface:

PPR for my husband don land..Now my joy is full smiley
Family application approved, got mine and our son’s own this time last week(happens IOM didn’t send my husband’s results to IRCC on time, till we reached out to them, smh)

Documents submitted
Mine(principal applicant)

Acceptance letter and receipt of 1st semester tuition
BSC certificate
Transcripts
NYSC certificate
SOP
Employment letter
Study leave letter
Work I.D
4 months payslips
Salary account
Personal account
Husband’s personal account
Police certificate
NIN
Birth certificate
News paper change of Name
Land documents
Family pictures

Hubby’s documents

Letter of Intent (wrote that myself, about why he needs to join me because of our son and not to really work, even tho he is applying for SOWP)
Birth certificate
BSc certificate
NIN
NYSC
CAC document
Pictures of business place
Invoice/receipt

Son
International passport

Abeg the process of sending passport, I saw that we need to sign consent form. Is it the one we got from biometrics or how do I go about it?

Please how were you able to reach out to them. Mine is yet to be updated too please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2022
Mmasomma:
Congrats on your family PPR, please how did you finally reach out to IOM, we sent mail but it didn't go through.
Our sons medicals had been updated, but mine and hubby's is yet to show. Kindly assist.

PPR for my husband don land..Now my joy is fu
Family application approved, got mine and our son’s own this time last week(happens IOM didn’t send my husband’s results to IRCC on time, till we reached out to them, smh)

Documents submitted
Mine(principal applicant)

Acceptance letter and receipt of 1st semester tuition
BSC certificate
Transcripts
NYSC certificate
SOP
Employment letter
Study leave letter
Work I.D
4 months payslips
Salary account
Personal account
Husband’s personal account
Police certificate
NIN
Birth certificate
News paper change of Name
Land documents
Family pictures

Hubby’s documents

Letter of Intent (wrote that myself, about why he needs to join me because of our son and not to really work, even tho he is applying for SOWP)
Birth certificate
BSc certificate
NIN
NYSC
CAC document
Pictures of business place
Invoice/receipt

Son
International passport

Abeg the process of sending passport, I saw that we need to sign consent form. Is it the one we got from biometrics or how do I go about it?

IOMAbujaClinicalTeam@iom.int I did mine in Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by matthew080: 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hello
I need help

My statement is 101 copies/8mb,
can I still compress it to what's required and still get good view.
I print the statement on Friday is Monday not too far to apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ibaka: 9:08pm On Jul 09, 2022
matthew080:
Hello
I need help

Using ilovepdf on your browser under the tools option select compress PDF attach file and select normal compress,download the compressed file then save it with a different name. Now attach again to compress but this time select extreme compress that should do the magic of getting it to under 4mb.
If it is still above 4 then your other option would be to select that large files,open them on your phone using PDF lite or office then screen shot it,yes screen shot and now edit by croping and reducing to 40% or 60% and you can do this by taping the 3dots on the right side of the screenshot when opened from gallery.
The portal accepts jpg files so just attache to your exiting docs using the combine docs on Adobe or ilovepdf or you can convert to pdf using camscanner but remember to save as black and white and also original on the camscanner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hillary4003: 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2022
why not just do mybankstatement it will just be 1 page and it will come directly from the bank i feel it's risky because if it's not clear it could lead to delay and you'll have more space to include other things and no monday is not too far
matthew080:
Hello
I need help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by survivex: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2022
JDB55:
How long did it took before you were given an admission? Also, was it an official transcript that you submitted or a scanned soft copy.

Well in my case, the admission was confirmed around Dec 2021. I was waitlisted and LOA arrived around early April of 2022.
I sent Notarized transcript and WAEC card details.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Enitan1998: 9:36pm On Jul 09, 2022
survivex:

Well in my case, the admission was confirmed around Dec 2021. I was waitlisted and LOA arrived around early April of 2022.
I sent Notarized transcript and WAEC card details.
Please do you get your transcripts from your secondary school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OLAMINREWA(m): 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2022
@ShowYoung. We miss you sha... You allowed that issue to get to you. I ll advice you continue helping people here.

House please does IOM observe public holidays?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OLAMINREWA(m): 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2022
OLAMINREWA:
@ShowYoung. We miss you sha... You allowed that issue to get to you. I ll advice you continue helping people here.

House please does IOM observe public holidays?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by survivex: 9:42pm On Jul 09, 2022
Enitan1998:

Please do you get your transcripts from your secondary school

No. I have WAEC certificate and that is more than enough. Although, you will have to provide them with access to verify the result online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OLAMINREWA(m): 9:42pm On Jul 09, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Enitan1998: 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2022
OLAMINREWA:
The school I applied for wants me to send my 3 years high school transcript before they can proceed with my admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HHH3: 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2022
Good day my people.

Please I need a little guidance.

We're applying for a SOWP for wife. Children are minors - school age and non-school age.

What to apply for the children is a little dicey, visiting visa application for both or a combination of study permit application and a visiting visa application? Wife is the Applicant for the SOWP.

I have read about different views. Trying not to make mistakes.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pasterlo: 11:17pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hello, house, please, is it possible to replace a lost visa? My baby’s passport is missing with his Canadian visa. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Harold4lyf(m): 12:00am On Jul 10, 2022
survivex:

No. I have WAEC certificate and that is more than enough. Although, you will have to provide them with access to verify the result online.

Hello survivex was your waec result the only thing you used for yourent admission or were there other documents needed...I'm thinking of applying for Dalhousie University and I need your help to answer some questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hillary4003: 12:09am On Jul 10, 2022
yes it is possible to replace one but the process is extremely long and from what i'm seeing you'll need to mail the application look on their website here there are instructions https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=045, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-verification-status-replacement-immigration-document.html there is also a fee attached.
As your application for a replacement can be denied keep looking very thoroughly for the passport, i think you will also need to get another passport in the mean time.
Best of luck.
Pasterlo:
Hello, house, please, is it possible to replace a lost visa? My baby’s passport is missing with his Canadian visa. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by loluwaomo: 1:21am On Jul 10, 2022
loluwaomo:
Hi Guys i am new here... i actually have Masters admission offers for UK for January 2023 intake but i intend switching to Canada.
1. I applied to centinnial college for a year program with co-op option but may i know if its not to late considering the fact that i intend resuming January.
2. Can I apply to two courses in centinnal college ...is there anyone who has done it before
3. How long does it take to get feedback from centinnal college after sending the required documents

Can someone shed more light on 1 year ( coop option) and 2 years program... I have a Bachelors degree in philosophy with a 2.1 and i finished my NYSC last year...
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Annidenobeh: 1:22am On Jul 10, 2022
Blakmandk:
Oh. Okay sir. Is there any CNA student who has gotten their visa on here. Pls y’all should give us gist on what the application process looks like. This wait is tiring. Since April 26th nothing has changed.
hi, I also applied to CNA
Started my Visa application may 31st
Biometrics June 1st

I'm also waiting

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Comfyski(f): 2:16am On Jul 10, 2022
Hi Gurus,

Please can someone use his own fixed deposit as proof of funds for study permit? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2022
Enitan1998:

The school I applied for wants me to send my 3 years high school transcript before they can proceed with my admission

What do they mean by 3yrs high school transcript, your original Waec certificate is your high school transcript
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 7:13am On Jul 10, 2022
Comfyski:
Hi Gurus,

Please can someone use his own fixed deposit as proof of funds for study permit? Thanks

If you're not liquidating anytime soon they might conclude that funds are there but not certain it would be readily available for your use

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 7:16am On Jul 10, 2022
Harold4lyf:

Hello survivex was your waec result the only thing you used for yourent admission or were there other documents needed...I'm thinking of applying for Dalhousie University and I need your help to answer some questions

Depending on your school of choice, check for their minimum requirements and proceed. Some schools accept Waec as minimum while some would require your undergrad transcript

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Reggyiyke: 8:32am On Jul 10, 2022
Tupalo:
So sorry to hear this, It is never a end... Nah to fire back.

Pls how much is tuition deposit for Cambrian College Ma.

Cambrian college tuition deposit should be your first semester tuition depending on your program
Mine is around 8,269 CAD

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: Bluevy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.