Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (814) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (928516 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 4:19pm On Jul 10, 2022
Thomsyne:

This Youtuber was able to switch careers though and she read her SOP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Yf8PwYZ-M
Exactly the point I made on page 813 and page 165 the lady has immigration history to Ukraine and previous education...but VO allowed her to change program even though previous education do not relate to proposed program to Canada
-visa issued based on her immigration history to Ukraine

And having noted that some Nursing program including education for international students in Ukraine then was fraudulent and corrupt

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Katehasty: 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
matthew080:
Hello fam
I have HND in building technology
and I got admission for advance diploma in administrative business management.
I am applying already.
Isn't this a red flag
If wat u previously study isn’t relating to your new choice of study my brother It’s a red flag

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
chigirllll:
For those that need proof of funds, I just got mine. You can email eddyj1378@gmail.com for yours. They are very fast and secure.
Yeah... Until you receive a procedural fairness letter and run back here seeking for remedy... Na you sabi o

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by francisxbee: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
chigirllll:
For those that need proof of funds, I just got mine. You can email eddyj1378@gmail.com for yours. They are very fast and secure.
Me and you know say you and eddyj na the same person but continue grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ofime123(m): 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
But I thought there are some micro finance banks that help student and migrant with proof of fund. But you will pay some percent.
francisxbee:

Me and you know say you and eddyj na the same person but continue grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by francisxbee: 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
ofime123:
But I thought there are some micro finance banks that help student and migrant with proof of fund. But you will pay some percent.
Maybe for Uk not for Canada.
Uk looks at balance. Canada looks at history.
IRCC will detect it easily.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Zubi85: 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
Best256:

No. It's optional.
Okay... Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jaymaster18: 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hy... my name is emmanuel...
So i and my friend( both male) from nigeria and students of centennial college are looking for one or two persons (male or female) who will occupy the third room in a 3 bedroom basement apartment at morningside scaborough from july 31st or august 1st..... $567 for private room or $425 for sharing... please chat me up +16478325705 or 08168184513... you can also verify about me first before anything
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by donyose: 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Alright

Hi Lekiboboe, pls how do I reach you personally for advise?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mercyfoundme05: 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
Predator188:

If someone is employed where it relates to choice of program the person can change career

I don't think immigration Refugee and citizenship canada (IRCC) is practising the correct immigration rule to the 3rd world countries that law is not written by them and ,I think is discrimination

Funny enough I have previosly concluded that if you have previously visited countries like US especially United Kingdom with good immigration history you can bet you may do any program you want in canada and get away with it despite previous education even though it is not in the rule..that is another reason to say the rule is unwritten or outside the immigration law to caught peeps who just wants to flee the country. grin grin grin grin

Below is a Judicial Review argument between a Federal High Court judge and Respondent (IRCC). No VO has the right under the law to advice you on what course to study or not.

“ Secondly , I disagree with the Respondent’s argument that the decision is otherwise reasonable. Having reviewed the Applicant’s educational plan myself, it is clear that at no point does she ask for career counseling advice. Yet this Visa Officer apparently fancied the opportunity to assume the role of career counsellor and opine that the Applicant’s intended studies in Canada would not enhance her work for her brother. Such extraneous considerations make it obvious that the Visa Officer engaged in an unreasonable review of the evidence.

This is straightforward and clear. The judge called that unsolicited career counseling !!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mercyfoundme05: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by apeja2017: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hello,
Pls can a Bsc holder with years of experience go for an advanced diploma program?
Is this a red flag or not
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Harold4lyf(m): 9:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
johnstan:

Depending on your school of choice, check for their minimum requirements and proceed. Some schools accept Waec as minimum while some would require your undergrad transcript

It seem dalhousie university asks for high school transcriptstudents but I'm not totally sure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teau: 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Greetings Everyone

Looking for tips on how to apply for PGWP after graduating.
For someone with a family(spouse open work permit +kids) do I include them in my application or apply alone? Also, is a job required, if one has a job offer is it a plus or harm to the application?
Would really appreciate link to thread on this.

quote author=Teau post=114555318]Greetings Everyone

For someone with a family(spouse open work permit +kids) do I include them in my application or apply alone? Also, is a job required, if one has a job offer is it a plus or harm to the application?
Would really appreciate link to thread on this.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Timaiko: 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
BenedictStinson:

Yes you will need a two year course, some schools like Conestoga, Fanshawe and lambton offer a lot of two year courses so you just have to search more. If you end up settling for a year PGD, try to choose one that offers Co-op so you can start your job networking as soon as possible so that you maximize the one year PGD given to you and qualify for CEC

Thanks again buddy.

I did Bs. Aeronautics so, I've been having issues with getting the right 2-yr PGD course. except for Advance Diploma with bachelor's degree as pre-requisite. Another thing is If I get a 1-year PGD, can I continue with another PGD upon finishing the first 1-year PDG?, just to enable the 3-yr work permit?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Profgordons(m): 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Timaiko:

Bro apply for a two year diploma in something like Aircraft Structures or Avionics and say this is where you want to specialize...

Thanks again buddy.

I did Bs. Aeronautics so, I've been having issues with getting the right 2-yr PGD course. except for Advance Diploma with bachelor's degree as pre-requisite. Another thing is If I get a 1-year PGD, can I continue with another PGD upon finishing the first 1-year PDG?, just to enable the 3-yr work permit?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jibbylee: 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
gaius19:

Please i need link to the group please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jibbylee: 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
gaius19:

Please i need link to the group for Conestoga on telegram please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Mercyfoundme05:

Below is a Judicial Review argument between a Federal High Court judge and Respondent (IRCC). No VO has the right under the law to advice you on what course to study or not.

“ Secondly , I disagree with the Respondent’s argument that the decision is otherwise reasonable. Having reviewed the Applicant’s educational plan myself, it is clear that at no point does she ask for career counseling advice. Yet this Visa Officer apparently fancied the opportunity to assume the role of career counsellor and opine that the Applicant’s intended studies in Canada would not enhance her work for her brother. Such extraneous considerations make it obvious that the Visa Officer engaged in an unreasonable review of the evidence.

This is straightforward and clear. The judge called that unsolicited career counseling !!!
Exactly,the point is that, the refusal of applications based on previous study against proposed study in canada if not related is not In IRCC Immigration Rule! the VOs are using it at their own discretion! That is why the judge can overturn the decision..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by survivex: 11:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
Harold4lyf:

Hello survivex was your waec result the only thing you used for yourent admission or were there other documents needed...I'm thinking of applying for Dalhousie University and I need your help to answer some questions

No. WAEC cert was not the only document. I shared my undergraduate transcript as well.

I think the requirements for admission are clearly stated each Uni/College website. Just take your time and look through, you will see want they want and you proceed along that path.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adefunkeadelaku(f): 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
I used form A, but up till now funds haven't been deducted, the deadline on LOA has already passed, what do u suggest I do, am worried.

Go for Cambrian if it is PGWP eligible but don't buy at black market rate. Use Form A also for Cambrian. Don't be in a hurry. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adefunkeadelaku(f): 11:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
I used form A, but up till now funds haven't been deducted, the deadline on LOA has already passed, what do u suggest I do, am worried.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hi guys, how can someone get an affordable flight to Canada this July or August? Please let me know if you have a good deal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 12:03am On Jul 11, 2022
Yes, you can include your spouse and kids in the application. And yes, a job offer is mandatory. For your spouse to be eligible for an open work permit, you must work in National Occupational Classification (NOC) O, A or B.

They will be ineligible if you work in a non-skilled job (NOC C and D).
Teau:

Greetings Everyone

quote author=Teau post=114555318]Greetings Everyone

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ghazali34(m): 12:14am On Jul 11, 2022
When did you apply for the form A and what stage are you in currently? Which bank?

adefunkeadelaku:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Harold4lyf(m): 12:50am On Jul 11, 2022
survivex:

No. WAEC cert was not the only document. I shared my undergraduate transcript as well.

I think the requirements for admission are clearly stated each Uni/College website. Just take your time and look through, you will see want they want and you proceed along that path.

Ok....I'm going for the undergraduate level tho...and I've emailed the school but I've gotten no feed back from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hanzat: 1:13am On Jul 11, 2022
They only need your WEAC, get a scratch code and give them your WEAC candidate details that would suffice.
Harold4lyf:

It seem dalhousie university asks for high school transcriptstudents but I'm not totally sure

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FDTRips: 1:52am On Jul 11, 2022
bullstriker:
Hi guys, how can someone get an affordable flight to Canada this July or August? Please let me know if you have a good deal.
We can be of help.
Kindly D.M.
We'll need the exact airport in Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Aissy: 3:15am On Jul 11, 2022
Iffylove:
Congratulations on your arrival.
When you were filing your arrivecan, did you fill in information for the CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) Declaration? Did you declare all the food items you carried? Did they ask you about those items upon arrival?

yeah I filled the declaration form, yeah I declared everything with me and I was asked at the airport what foodstuffs I brought in
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onedimple: 3:38am On Jul 11, 2022
Predator188:

I don't think the above is correct..about HND VS Advanced diploma

Note that HND Is equivalent to level 5 qualification or a equivalent to a second/2nd yeae of a bachelors degree program..below degree level...

While advanced diploma is equivalent to final year of a bachelors degree program at level 6 qualification

Conclusion HND level 5 is lesser than advanced diploma level 6 qualification

In Canada, HND is evaluated as higher than bachelors. Please Check.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RADIO1: 3:53am On Jul 11, 2022
adefunkeadelaku:

Go for Cambrian if it is PGWP eligible but don't buy at black market rate. Use Form A also for Cambrian. Don't be in a hurry.
Carry your naira and change it to Canadian dollars with aboki then pay the money direct to your sch

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 4:11am On Jul 11, 2022
OLAMINREWA:
@ShowYoung. We miss you sha... You allowed that issue to get to you. I ll advice you continue helping people here.

House please does IOM observe public holidays?

Thank you @OLAMINREWA. I decided to channel my energy on something else.

Did you know that FANIHUN OLUWATOBI aka Only1boy actually engaged some people here and they offered to collect #20,000 to finish the job for him? His friends/relative and those people were the ones saying "...his name starts with S and ends with G..." Those were the ones who taught him to act like that because he had told them everything.

I read everything here but decided I am not accountable to anyone here including the one that says "...do you know how people could guess the name...?" I had perfect answers but chose not to respond.

FANIHUN OLUWATOBI aka Only1boy had engaged them via phone calls. He carelessly revealed all of these to me.

Did you know some of the ones saying negative things are the ones who had engaged me privately for help in the past which I offered without a fee but because I discontinued due to the fact that I needed to breathe, they felt I did them evil?

If you wish to have more info on how hypocrisy and hatred filled the heart of some people here, you can engage me privately and I will reveal many things which are not in the know. I will show you chats. Only1boy even offered to pay the balance when he felt the guilt because there are wise people here too, but I decided not to respond to him

I don't know how advising someone to tread carefully and consider legal implications of his actions is a threat.

Meanwhile, I have resorted to pursue the right channel— legal channel. I could let this slide and shove it off but he had gone carelessly farther than revealed here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.