Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (906333 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by matthew080: 8:36am On Jul 10, 2022
Hello fam
I have HND in building technology
and I got admission for advance diploma in administrative business management.
I am applying already.
Isn't this a red flag
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by loluwaomo: 8:41am On Jul 10, 2022
Someone should help with this please
loluwaomo:
Hi Guys i am new here... i actually have Masters admission offers for UK for January 2023 intake but i intend switching to Canada.
1. I applied to centinnial college for a year program with co-op option but may i know if its not to late considering the fact that i intend resuming January.
2. Can I apply to two courses in centinnal college ...is there anyone who has done it before
3. How long does it take to get feedback from centinnal college after sending the required documents

Can someone shed more light on 1 year ( coop option) and 2 years program... I have a Bachelors degree in philosophy with a 2.1 and i finished my NYSC last year...
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iffylove: 9:25am On Jul 10, 2022
Congratulations on your arrival.
When you were filing your arrivecan, did you fill in information for the CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) Declaration? Did you declare all the food items you carried? Did they ask you about those items upon arrival?

Aissy:
LANDING GIST

I got to Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport by past 11am for my flight to Toronto with Egyptair by 3pm, please weigh your bags or just prepare your mind to pay for extra bags the airline is not joking oh it must not be 24kg, it can be 23.5 or something but not just 24kg I had to be 66k for extra luggage, one of the airline agents there was behaving quite rudely and I was already tensed so I was just nastily glaring at him then he started to joke that I am his Benin sister I shouldn’t be angry blah blah that they have a lot of work, I just told him to take it easy. We got to Egypt by past 8pm our flight to Toronto that was suppose to leave by 1:55am was pushed to 4:40am I couldn’t sleep, make flight no go leave me LOL… sha just walked around the airport, used Wi-Fi and my brother from home through the phone basically kept me company. Then it was time to board, my people the flight to Toronto is long, I mean it is looonnggg plus the cold inside the plane, ah I still have catarrh and cough because of it…at one point ehn I was like is the pilot not even tired ? Because me that was sleeping and waking I was exhausted, the food was just there with sap much bread plus orange juice.. I really liked their orange juice . We got to Toronto by past 10am so this is where my anxiety started dancing within me, I am naturally an anxious person so this didn’t help me at all. Got to the declaration machine, I had already declared on the arrive can so I just placed my passport and printed my declaration form out then it was time for Immigration. So my visa is expiring in august because I was deferred and the new LOA didn’t come out on time so I couldn’t upload so I was really jittery about this, the queue was quite long so when it got to my turn the officer asked why I didn’t upload the new LOA and I said it didn’t come out on time so he just gave additional time and told me to extend it to cover my entire school duration. My aunty came to pick me and they still haven’t taken the light���
A part of me still can’t believe I am here, but I am seeing a lot of white people and everywhere is really quite so I know I am not in Nigeria too ��� I am extremely thankful to my family and this platform.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnames: 9:31am On Jul 10, 2022
Uddeze1:
do we have students applying to the university of Saskatchewan here? pls lets connect.
hello bro, let's connect I'm applying to the same school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnames: 9:41am On Jul 10, 2022
sweetchi1011:

Hello, you should be applying for admission yourself. I also applied to Usaks for Masters and wasn't asked for either waec or neco and I applied with my student copy transcript.

Except your department has their own specific requirements or you have been given a conditional admission, then they now request for your official transcript. But if its just for the application process, student copy transcript was accepted from me.
hello, please i want to make some enquiries relating to Usaks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mercyolie: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2022
hello happy Sunday guys please do I need to translate my wedding certificate to English if am applying with it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 10:11am On Jul 10, 2022
Thanks.

I appreciate the response.

johnstan:

I'm not a guru, however, from what I've read here so far, if your balance has been steady (no sudden inflows without explanation) for the last 4 to 6 months then you're good, if you had sudden lump sums then an explanation with receipts should cover that.

If providing both statements would prove that you are financially able to sponsor yourself beyond doubt then you can use both i.e if they are both in your name.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ibaka: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2022
matthew080:
Hello fam
I am applying already.
Isn't this a red flag

Lol you have answered the question already.

Go with a course in line with your past education /career or future career with evidence to relate this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ibaka: 11:00am On Jul 10, 2022
loluwaomo:
Someone should help with this please

Give details of your course first and what you do currently or studied earlier
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2022
Mercyolie:
hello happy Sunday guys please do I need to translate my wedding certificate to English if am applying with it

In which language is it written?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 11:39am On Jul 10, 2022
Mercyolie:

If it's not in English, simply translate and forward where necessary.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by seaman01: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
Good day house,
On my salary statement of account, it's the accountant name that appears paying my salary not the company's name, and this might affect chances of securing visa. Pls what can I do to back it up, because I will be submitting my statement of account to Canadian embassy this week.

Thanks and regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by seaman01: 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
Good day house,
I have an issue regarding my salary payment...
It is the accountant that pays money directly into my salary account and is the name that appears as the depositor instead of the company's name, and this might affect my chances of securing a visa. Pls what can I do to back it up, because I will be submitting my statement of account to Canadian embassy this week.

Thanks and regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
RAYSKIS:
Silent reader and 2nd or 3rd time poster on this Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21.

If I have thousands of tongues, I will use it to praise Allah!

And He has granted you all that you asked Him for. If you tried to count Allah’s blessings, you would never be able to number them. Indeed, humankind is truly unfair, ˹totally˺ ungrateful Surah Ibrahim Ayat 34 (14:34 Quran). وَءَاتَىٰكُم مِّن كُلِّ مَا سَأَلْتُمُوهُ ۚ وَإِن تَعُدُّوا۟ نِعْمَتَ ٱللَّهِ لَا تُحْصُوهَآ ۗ إِنَّ ٱلْإِنسَـٰنَ لَظَلُومٌۭلَظَلُومٌۭ كَفَّارٌۭ ٣٤

Student Visa Application.
School: Mohawk College Fall Intake (September 2022).
To Study: Business Analysis.
Self-Sponsored Applicant.

Old Portal/GCKEY.
Upfront medical. : Q-Life Family Clinic, Jan 27, 2022.

Application submitted : November 17, 2021.
Biometrics done & Updated. : November 22, 2021.
Ghost update. : No
Medical passed: February 18, 2022,
Eligibility started.: May 13, 2022,
Ordered for my GCMS notes 2 times before PPR.
Sent mail and webforms to Nairobi ( Uncountable).

PPR. : June 22-06-22.
I am seriously a busy type but I have decided to share my PPR Journey as of today in order to reciprocate (05-07-2022) after my passport had been stamped and returned to me due to the fact that I benefitted on this forum called Nairaland a lot before now. “To whom much is given much is expected”.

Documents submitted are:
• IMM 1294E (Student Permit Application form).
• IMM 5257B (Temporary Residence form).
• IMM 5645E (Family Information form).

• Letter of Acceptance (Private Section on GCKEY).
• International passport data page (Private Section on GCKEY).
• Passport Photograph (Private Section on GCKEY).

Submitted Under: Proof of means of financial Support:
• Letter of Explanation (Source of Income) Due to lump sum of 13m Plus.
• Reference letter from my Bank
• My Personal Statement of Account
• Half tuition deposit of $9050 CAD later Paid balance tuition fee around June $9572 CAD and send the record of payment via webform.
• Letter of Introduction from company.
• Issuance of study permit letter from company.
• Confirmation of employment letter from my company.
• Leave of Absence letter from my company.
• Letter of Appointment from my company
• Work ID.
• Resume
• Consent Clearance of my landed property from Lagos state government.
• My C of O (Certificate of Occupancy).
• Clearance letter for Building Plan Approval.
• Deed of Assignment of my landed property.
• Survey plans of my landed property.
• Sales of Agreement of my other property.
• Deed of gift (from my wife)
• Sales of Agreements evidencing my lump sum. (Proof).
Submitted Under: Client information Section are:-
• Statement of Purpose (SOP).
• Degree Certificate.
• Transcript
• Iosh Certificate UK.
• OSHA Certificates USA.
• NPC Birth Certificate.
• Sworn Affidavit for correction of name and date of Birth.
• WAEC Certificates.
• Reference letter by my Foundation Secretary.
• Certificate of Incorporation of my Foundation.
• Wife International Passport data page.
• Wife Nursing License.
• Wife Work ID.
• Kids’ International Passport Data page.
• Kids’ Birth Certificate.
• Marriage Certificate.
• Registry pictures Only.
For guys going to Mohawk College please let us know what is up oooooo, you can actually reach me on +2348070708684 whatsapp only please, thinking of moving by late August and yet to get accommodation and flight ticket.

Praise be to Allah before and After.
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
matthew080:
Hello fam
I am applying already.
Isn't this a red flag

Yes a potential red flag, . This could he up for scrutiny by a Visa Officer due to the WRONG ACADEMIC PROGRESSION (Program not aligning with your Academic background as a Builder, also the Advanced diploma qualification is quite lesser to your acquired HND Academic Qualification)

As an HND holder, if it's not too long (no study gaps) that you graduated, go for a PG. Cert in Building/Construction Management program at a college.

If your work experience is business related, go for a PG. CERT in Business Management program at a college

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
BobLeeSawagger1:
Hi Guys,

I’m back to share the last part of my story! God has finally done.

I started the journey I 2019 when I applied for the SINP nominee program. In January 2021, my application was rejected based on POF. Why? Not because I’d do not show the requested amount, but because I transfer part of the money to an investment account and failed to show the proof as well as LOE.

Due to my determination, I applied again that same month. Fortunately for me, I received another ITA in February 2021, and submitted a complete application in April 2020.

I decided not to put all my eggs in one basket, in the same month of February, myself and my spouse applied to four different colleges (paid application fees) and got admitted to two of the colleges.

Despite having ongoing SINP application, we decided to pursue student route. I reached to different agencies both home and abroad to assist with the student application and also include my family. Most of the feedback centered around me applying first and after three months, my family can join me.

Because I don’t want leave my family behind, I decided to DIY and as God may have it, I submitted the application in April 2021 along with visit visa for spies and kids.

In September 2021, my student visa was approved along with my family visit visa.

I deferred my admission to May 2022 because I did not want to start from Nigeria.

In December 2021, I received nomination letter from SINP and submitted my express entry application on 8th of January 2022

On the first of April, I travelled along with my family to Canada.

Just last two weeks, my express entry application was approved and got my COPR last week.

This platform played a major role and I’m so gratefully.

For those that are still awaiting decisions on their application, be optimistic, it will surely come. Don’t cut corners, follow the process.

If you need any information/clarification, feel free to reach out to me at aababasola@gmail.com
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
seaman01:
Good day house,
I have an issue regarding my salary payment...
It is the accountant that pays money directly into my salary account and is the name that appears as the depositor instead of the company's name, and this might affect my chances of securing a visa. Pls what can I do to back it up, because I will be submitting my statement of account to Canadian embassy this week.

Thanks and regards.

A letter of introduction from your employer and possibly your payslip should suffice. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Blakmandk: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
Omooo… are you going for this fall of 2022? If yes let’s connect. 081044942sevenNine
Annidenobeh:
hi, I also applied to CNA
Started my Visa application may 31st
Biometrics June 1st

I'm also waiting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
unclekev:
Hello Everyone, It’s PPR
Timeline - 5 weeks and 5 days
First time Application - Self Sponsored

Application submitted- May 20th
Biometrics - May 26th
Upfront Medicals (April 30th) updated - June 6th
Eligibility review - June 6th
BVL - June 30th
PPR - June 30th

Documents Submitted
All IMM forms
SOP
Resume
LOA
Scholarship Letter ($10k CAD)
2 MBS ticket of 6 months each
Bank reference letter
All Land Documents
Affidavit of Return
Bsc certificate and transcript
Waec certificate
Reference letter
All Business Documents- CAC, Online presence, Letter of Introduction, Pictures at various farm sites, pictures of products, business ID
All Employment Documents (Brand Manager at a construction Firm) - Introduction letter, study leave letter, employment letter, promotion letter, work ID, payslips
Ielts, Upfront Medicals
Pictures with Fiancée, Fiancée valid ID
Valid ID for mom and siblings

My application was handled by Mr Frank of F and R Global. When I wanted to start this process, I planned to use an agent from the get go because i wanted a smooth and successful application. My partner kept insisting on mr Frank, that she has read so many reviews on Nairaland and he’s the one she’ll work with.
So we contacted him and right from the first call until the final approval, I felt at ease. It was a smooth transition and as soon as all my docs he asked for were ready, he submitted immediately and did a few check-in with my partner (I have a tight schedule, so she was basically the point of contact).
There were some things we didn’t consider at first which I’m certain added to the successful approval of my study permit, Mr Frank brought a professional insight into this process.
Even after the approval, he has checked in to guide us on the appropriate steps to ensure my passport is stamped and my migration to Canada is smooth.
I highly recommend him, the whole process was a smooth one and approval was faster than expected.

Thank you @frankrobbn1 of F and R Global

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
robertito7:
Lol Someone said PPR is scarce. Oya make I ginger everybody small!!

I just received my original passport request

Timeline
- April 8th: Online Application submitted
- No Biometric required (Second time applicant)
- June 2nd: Medical request
- June 21st: Medical examination at IOM Lagos
- June 30th: Medical Updated to passed
- July 7th: Correspondence Letter and Original Passport Request.

Glory to God
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2022
Godisgreat444:
GOD HAS DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Old portal - GC KEY

Application Submission - June 2
Biometrics - June 7
Upfront medical - June 13
Ghost Update - June 17
Ghost Update - June 22
Ghost Update - June 28
Upfront medical updated - June 30
Correspondence and Original PPR - JULY 7th!!

Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

1st Time Applicant…God is great!!!

Please help me praise the name of God!

WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!

Congratulations to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
yhucee:
It’s PPR guys������

Timeline:
Application submission-May 6th
Biometrics done and updated -May 11th
Eligibility review started-10th June
Medicals request- 11th June
Medicals done-27th June
Medicals updated and passed-30th June
BVL and PPR-7th July

Documents submitted

IMM forms
Admission letter
Co-op letter
4-month MBS
School fees invoice
School fees receipt (paid full)
SOP
Employment letter
Recommendation letter from my office
Statement of result
Police clearance certificate

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Yes a potential red flag, . This could he up for scrutiny by a Visa Officer due to the WRONG ACADEMIC PROGRESSION (Program not aligning with your Academic background as a Builder, also the Advanced diploma qualification is quite lesser to your acquired HND Academic Qualification)

I don't think the above is correct..about HND VS Advanced diploma

Note that HND Is equivalent to level 5 qualification or a equivalent to a second/2nd yeae of a bachelors degree program..below degree level...

While advanced diploma is equivalent to final year of a bachelors degree program at level 6 qualification

Conclusion HND level 5 is lesser than advanced diploma level 6 qualification
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
JapaProf:

You can use your SOP to make the flag green.
With the above conclusion ..he cannot make it green with SOP because in reality as a genuine student he has no foundation or progression do the program

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2022
Predator188:

With the above conclusion ..he cannot make it green with SOP because in reality as a genuine student he has no foundation or progression do the program

Do you mean someone can't decide to switch career and explain the reason for the decision with an sop please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by matthew080: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Please how can I brother

quote author=JapaProf post=114590754]

You can use your SOP to make the flag green. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
Predator188:

I don't think the above is correct..about HND VS Advanced diploma

Note that HND Is equivalent to level 5 qualification or a equivalent to a second/2nd yeae of a bachelors degree program..below degree level...

While advanced diploma is equivalent to final year of a bachelors degree program at level 6 qualification

Conclusion HND level 5 is lesser than advanced diploma level 6 qualification

Alright
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
johnstan:

Do you mean someone can't decide to switch career and explain the reason for the decision with an sop please?
If someone is employed where it relates to choice of program the person can change career

I don't think immigration Refugee and citizenship canada (IRCC) is practising the correct immigration rule to the 3rd world countries that law is not written by them and ,I think is discrimination

Funny enough I have previosly concluded that if you have previously visited countries like US especially United Kingdom with good immigration history you can bet you may do any program you want in canada and get away with it despite previous education even though it is not in the rule..that is another reason to say the rule is unwritten or outside the immigration law to caught peeps who just wants to flee the country. grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thomsyne(m): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2022
Thefil:
You would have to work it out. I was there for 5 hours. I guess the network was not steady.
One can’t tell what it will be like.

Omooo... thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thomsyne(m): 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2022
johnstan:

This Youtuber was able to switch careers though and she read her SOP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Yf8PwYZ-M

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.