Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow (36997 Views)

Your Bogus Rice Pyramids Are Pyramids of Lies - PDP Mocks Buhari, APC / President Buhari Unveils 1 Million Bags Of Rice Pyramids In Abuja (Pictures) / Sanusi Lamido's N200 Million Library Evacuated (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by tunjijones(m): 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
backbencher:

God bless you and good evening.

Good evening sir.

Hope you had a Stress free day!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by lexy2014: 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
backbencher:

So, how would you then pay the farmer, transporter, wholesaler, supplier, miller, etc etc...out of that N6000.

What you are suggesting is tantamount to me suggesting that we should pay you a third of your salary instead of the whole lot.

Why I am making fun is that you people want cheap stuff, because you think that people should suffer loss so that you can have 50kg rice for 6000 naira?

No wonder your country is in debt. It really costs a lot in loans to keep things cheap.

Communist countries tried what you are suggesting now, and most of them went broke eventually.

since you are questioning why rice should be sold at 6000 naira, what you ought to be asking yourself is what is the cost of this rice show? how much millions went into loading unmilled rice in several trailers, using them to form a pyramid and then spending another millions again to bring down the bags of rice and then transport them back to where they came from without making a dime from the exercise. pls, whats the economic wisdom in that?
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Kosoco(m): 9:06pm On Jan 26, 2022
backbencher:

So, how would you then pay the farmer, transporter, wholesaler, supplier, miller, etc etc...out of that N6000.

What you are suggesting is tantamount to me suggesting that we should pay you a third of your salary instead of the whole lot.

Why I am making fun is that you people want cheap stuff, because you think that people should suffer loss so that you can have 50kg rice for 6000 naira?

No wonder your country is in debt. It really costs a lot in loans to keep things cheap.

Communist countries tried what you are suggesting now, and most of them went broke eventually.

Modified

Rice can never be 6000 naira for a 50kg bag for the simple reason that we don't have an economy that attracts forex and a strong Naira as a result.

Also, even then, rice cannot be as low as N6000 only. Rice price is determined by farmers, transporters, wholesalers and retailers., and millers. They determine the price they would sell rice to you so that they can make a profit.

Plus we import most of the rice we use. Cost of transporting the rice is another matter.

bro some people are not Considerate at all..... even a Bottle of redwine in Spain is expensive upon they have the world greatest Vineyards.... Sentiments have decimated our sense of reasoning in some cases.... them for give him the rice for Free.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 26, 2022
On the article, the thing is, if we want rice pyramids to be a fact , and not a gimmick, we have to mechanize our farming well well.

We have to build a lot of irrigation paddies all over the country, and have to develop high yield rice, and that means things like stable power supply, lots of fertilizer, and a lot of water.

Thailand and Brazil can produce tonnes of rice because they are largely 'rainy' countries. Not like Nigeria, which has a dry season for long periods of time.

Rice is always going to be expensive if produced here. Back in the day, rice was eaten once a week self.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by openmine(m): 9:06pm On Jan 26, 2022
backbencher:

So whats the essence of parading locally made rice when its more expensive than the foreign rice?
If the issue is production cost,why cant the government tackle the issue of unavailable power supply. Multiple taxations and accessibility of roads to ensure a reduction in the cost of these products?
Mind you if the prices dont come down,more consumers will keep patronizing rice from countries where their production cost!
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2022
openmine:

So whats the essence of parading locally made rice when its more expensive than the foreign rice?
If the issue is production cost,why cant the government tackle the issue of unavailable power supply. Multiple taxations and accessibility of roads to ensure a reduction in the cost of these products?
Mind you if the prices dont come down,more consumers will keep patronizing rice from countries where their production cost!

1.Power supply is in private hands, and we have bad power because government sets the price of power , instead of the power companies, leaving many of them running at a loss (and three discos have already gotten into trobule, with at least one under AMCON control)

2.We don't pay enough tax as it is...tax to gdp is 6.4% . In a way, that's why we don't have enough cash to link every state by rail...which could bring transport costs low.

3.Rice cannot sell below N6000.....unless we run an industrial economy with a very very strong naira, or we run a communist economy of pretending our currency is strong...till it isn't.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Timblaze(m): 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2022
Stunt by APC
�����

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by nedekid: 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2022
Remember the mouldy rice that was shared to states during covid 19 and rejected? Where did they come from?
If you know you know.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2022
tunjijones:

Good evening sir.

Hope you had a Stress free day!!!

Nullus agenti dies longus est
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by lexy2014: 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2022
backbencher:

Ask your government, you voted for them . I didn't. Nor do i regard the rice pyramid as a sign of success.

if u call them my govt, what are they to u? can u show me the discussion we had where i told u i voted for the govt? if u didnt vote for them, how did u now come to the conclusion that i voted them? i also dont remember tellin gu that u regarded rice pyramid as a success. if u feel that nigerians arent paying enough taxes so we dont deserve rice to be 6000 naira or any other social service, then am sure u can answer the following questions comfortably:

since you are questioning why rice should be sold at 6000 naira, what you ought to be asking yourself is what is the cost of this rice show? how much millions went into loading unmilled rice in several trailers, using them to form a pyramid and then spending another millions again to bring down the bags of rice and then transport them back to where they came from without making a dime from the exercise. pls, whats the economic wisdom in that?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Etuagievin(m): 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2022
backbencher:

Modified

Rice can never be 6000 naira for a 50kg bag for the simple reason that we don't have an economy that attracts forex and a strong Naira as a result.

Also, even then, rice cannot be as low as N6000 only. Rice price is determined by farmers, transporters, wholesalers and retailers., and millers. They determine the price they would sell rice to you so that they can make a profit.

Plus we import most of the rice we use. Cost of transporting the rice is another matter.

But the price of rice at the market in no way suggests we have enough rice in Nigeria. Ordinarily, when you have enough, prices goes down . If the price remains same before this administration hand over the Batton , then it means the rice project, border closure thing is highly unnecessary and hoax

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by wealthtrak: 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
backbencher:

Modified

Modified 2

I don't support the rice pyramid. As far as I am concerned, Nigeria has a long way to go before we can call ourselves a major rice producer. Less than 10% of our agriculture is not mechanized, and we are not like Thailand and Brazil that have lots and lots of wetland...far more than we can ever hope for, to produce rice by the tens of millions of tonnes.

The point of my rant is that many Nigerians have this idea that things should be cheap to help the poor. That's not how an economy is run, and running our power and petrol industries on such a principle is why they are in a mess

Deep insights.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by naijaboy756: 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
backbencher:

Modified

Modified 2

I don't support the rice pyramid. As far as I am concerned, Nigeria has a long way to go before we can call ourselves a major rice producer. Less than 10% of our agriculture is not mechanized, and we are not like Thailand and Brazil that have lots and lots of wetland...far more than we can ever hope for, to produce rice by the tens of millions of tonnes.

The point of my rant is that many Nigerians have this idea that things should be cheap to help the poor. That's not how an economy is run, and running our power and petrol industries on such a principle is why they are in a mess

quit long grammer. How did PDP make rice sell @8k?

Will your long grammer return rice to PDP price?
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by naijaboy756: 9:22pm On Jan 26, 2022
Etuagievin:
But the price of rice at the market in no way suggests we have enough rice in Nigeria. Ordinarily, when you have enough, prices goes down . If the price remains same before this administration hand over the Batton , then it means the rice project, border closure thing is highly unnecessary and hoax
you dey mind am?
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Etuagievin:

Goes without saying. We don't produce enough rice here...which is why we can't have rice at N6000 now. That, and our not too strong currency,

We have a poor mechanization level in our agriculture, and we don't have the large wetland of Thailand and Brazil.

Border closure was just propaganda. The reality is, until we have more mechanized and scientific farming, we won't get to be a big rice producer.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by treatise: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
RIFANNigeria:
Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids to be Evacuated Tomorrow
Eight days after the unveiling of Africa’s largest pyramids of rice paddy, the pyramids are about to be evacuated to integrated millers within the country.
This was revealed in an interview by Engr. Saleh Alhassan, the Director of Administration, RIFAN, who oversaw the building of the giant pyramids. He stated that, with the magnificent pyramids, the Rice Farmers’ Association of Nigeria has converted perceived challenges to robust opportunities by installing in Nigerians the possibility of making wealth from the land.
Engr. Alhassan added that with the collaborative efforts of RIFAN and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Nigeria is self-sufficient in rice production as the country outdoes Egypt to become Africa’s largest rice-producing nation.
Meanwhile, the Director invited all and sundry to witness the evacuation process at the Abuja Centre for Commerce and Industry, Lugbe. He maintained that the evacuation process will silence naysayers who propagate malicious information concerning the iconic achievement of RIFAN and the Buhari – led administration.
The evacuation begins by 10:00 am tomorrow, 27th January 2022 and the bags of rice paddy will be channeled to 61 integrated millers within Nigeria.

Wasted efforts; m(b) illions of naira down the drain.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Zenithpeak(m): 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
Pyramid of saw-dust
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2022
naijaboy756:
quit long grammer. How did PDP make rice sell @8k?

Will your long grammer return rice to PDP price?

How did PDP not return the rice to the 2000 naira they met it?

Nigeria has a problem with resource depenendecy which accounts for the increase in prices of eveything...we so don't earn enough forex to keep the value of the naira high.

It is why your PDP cannot return the price of bread to the N20 of some thirty years ago, or the 77kobo that beer used to cost in the late 1970's.

Which is why I scream on this site that you people should support leaders who would make us an industrial nation, exporting industrial goods, like cars, phones even blenders. And also vote for leaders who would raise our tax to gdp ratio....to around 40% ...so that we would have enough cash for welfarist projects, and be a really developed naiton in several years.

And forex that would make the naira so strong, that 5 kobo would get you one dollar.

But you want leaders who would give you cheap things, which is why you vote for PDP and why your opposite numbers vote for APC.You want leaders who would share money for you and keep prices so cheap so that you can go and buy imported stuff, while we have no jobs because our domestic industries have been overrun by imports you want.

Good evening. Economics is not about cheap goodies. or keeping things cheap, or expensive. Economics is about making sure that the economy makes enough money to create jobs, and pay the taxman their share....so that the government can keep the economy focused on creating jobs and profit, and innovation and more profit.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by 3ple9ine(m): 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
The pyramids were unnecessary
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by openmine(m): 9:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
backbencher:

1.Power supply is in private hands, and we have bad power because government sets the price of power , instead of the power companies, leaving many of them running at a loss (and three discos have already gotten into trobule, with at least one under AMCON control

So who loses from not buying or patronizing the local products or commodity due to the unavailability of power?
The manufacturer or the consumer?
Are you aware that there is a purchase of huge amount of rice smuggled from countries that share border with us at a far lower price than the amount in Nigeria?

backbencher:

2.We don't pay enough tax as it is...tax to gdp is 6.4% . In a way, that's why we don't have enough cash to link every state by rail...which could bring transport costs low.
@ highlighted...This is totally untrue!
Nigerians have paid more than enough taxes unless you are not in this country or commenting from another country!
We pay about more than four different taxes when when transacting online!
For every purchase made on any commodity,there is a VAT
Lets even admit without conceding that we dont pay enough taxes as you are alleging,what have the authorities done with the ones that they currently have?
How many major roads have the FG(both past and present) done with the taxes that have been given?
What about the health and educational sector that keep going on strike to press home their demand for enough funding which is a necessity?
Furthermore,aside tax payment,one of the reasons why FG is finding it hard to get funds is because most of the revenue generating agencies do not remit their actual cashflow.....Imagine an agency like NPA that was meant to remit 500billion at a particular year only remited 50 billion...is that the fault of Nigerians?
Lets even ask....are we not suppose to run a federated system of government where state own their own resources and remit to the centre?
Most of the rail projects could have been handled by most of the states with or without the involvement of the FG!

backbencher:

3.Rice cannot sell below N6000.....unless we run an industrial economy with a very very strong naira, or we run a communist economy of pretending our currency is strong...till it isn't.
Rice can be sold for even less if the FG fixes the power sector and reduce the multiple taxes that have ensured the manufacturers reflect it on their production cost!
Is it rocket science that countries with adequate power supply like Ghana sell their products a lot cheaper than Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by jaxxy(m): 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2022
Africa’s largest rice pyramid bt rice is still far more expensive than how Jonathan left it.

Is that not a scam? undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Limassol(m): 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2022
backbencher:

It costs more than 6000 naira to transport rice from the growing regions to the market.

And you chaps are suggesting we sell that rice at N6000 ....so where is the farmer going to make a profit?

From the sky?

You know you people are asking for a rice subsidy...that would cost billions , and would leave little money for other sectors....

Nigerians and cheap things.

If you want N6000 rice, vote in leaders who will make our country an industrial nation. Not people like Tinubu, Atiku, Buhari, Obi, GEJ and Obasanjo,...and company.
You are seemingly always eager to analyse on typics you know little about, if at all you know(no offence, just an observation). Besides, just as recently as 2014,a bag of rice was 7000, that it is almost quadruple that price now is a result of mismanaged inflation, weak economy and bad policies,of which this goverment is partly to blame. So what are you talking about(your beating around the bush makes litte sense)?
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Mykellio: 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2022
RIFANNigeria:
Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids to be Evacuated Tomorrow
Eight days after the unveiling of Africa’s largest pyramids of rice paddy, the pyramids are about to be evacuated to integrated millers within the country.
This was revealed in an interview by Engr. Saleh Alhassan, the Director of Administration, RIFAN, who oversaw the building of the giant pyramids. He stated that, with the magnificent pyramids, the Rice Farmers’ Association of Nigeria has converted perceived challenges to robust opportunities by installing in Nigerians the possibility of making wealth from the land.
Engr. Alhassan added that with the collaborative efforts of RIFAN and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Nigeria is self-sufficient in rice production as the country outdoes Egypt to become Africa’s largest rice-producing nation.
Meanwhile, the Director invited all and sundry to witness the evacuation process at the Abuja Centre for Commerce and Industry, Lugbe. He maintained that the evacuation process will silence naysayers who propagate malicious information concerning the iconic achievement of RIFAN and the Buhari – led administration.
The evacuation begins by 10:00 am tomorrow, 27th January 2022 and the bags of rice paddy will be channeled to 61 integrated millers within Nigeria.

Surprised and shocked that this is considered laudable and worthy of ovation.

Pyramids, or pentagon whatever shape the rice is arranged is meaningless.

1,000,000 bags of paddy rice at 100kg each (max) = 100,000,000 kg or 100,000 metric tons of paddy.

At an average milling preservation ratio (MPR) or milling recovery ratio of 65-70% from the state of the art rice milling machines available globally, we are looking at 65,000mt to 70,000mt of refined polished rice. According to http://foodtechinfo.com/foodpro/facility_types/311212_rice_milling/

70,000mt of polished rice for 200 million Nigerians is what the FGN is rolling out drums, paparazzi, trumpeting and beating chest over.

Anyway, Jesus fed multitude of 5,000 with 5 loaves and 2 fishes.

Who says Buhari can't replicate this miracle in the 21st century.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by naijaboy756: 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2022
backbencher:

How did PDP not return the rice to the 2000 naira they met it?

Nigeria has a problem with resource depenendecy which accounts for the increase in prices of eveything...we so don't earn enough forex to keep the value of the naira high.

It is why your PDP cannot return the price of bread to the N20 of some thirty years ago, or the 77kobo that beer used to cost in the late 1970's.

Which is why I scream on this site that you people should support leaders who would make us an industrial nation, exporting industrial goods, like cars, phones even blenders. And also vote for leaders who would raise our tax to gdp ratio....to around 40% ...so that we would have enough cash for welfarist projects, and be a really developed naiton in several years.

And forex that would make the naira so strong, that 5 kobo would get you one dollar.

But you want leaders who would give you cheap things, which is why you vote for PDP and why your opposite numbers vote for APC.You want leaders who would share money for you and keep prices so cheap so that you can go and buy imported stuff, while we have no jobs because our domestic industries have been overrun by imports you want.

Good evening. Economics is not about cheap goodies. or keeping things cheap, or expensive. Economics is about making sure that the economy makes enough money to create jobs, and pay the taxman their share....so that the government can keep the economy focused on creating jobs and profit, and innovation and more profit.
well...
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Leviticuscreed: 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
If you understand Nigeria well you will know that what's inside many bags there is wheat, beans, corn etc

Werey country
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
]
openmine:

So who loses from not buying or patronizing the local products or commodity due to the unavailability of power?
The manufacturer or the consumer?
Are you aware that there is a purchase of huge amount of rice smuggled from countries that share border with us at a far lower price than the amount in Nigeria?

Yes, and it happens because we cannot outproduce the big rice countries, until we mechanize. And when that happens, then we can talk.

@ highlighted...This is totally untrue!
Nigerians have paid more than enough taxes unless you are not in this country or commenting from another country!
We pay about more than four different taxes when when transacting online!
For every purchase made on any commodity,there is a VAT
Lets even admit without conceding that we dont pay enough taxes as you are alleging,what have the authorities done with the ones that they currently have?
How many major roads have the FG(both past and present) done with the taxes that have been given?
What about the health and educational sector that keep going on strike to press home their demand for enough funding which is a necessity?
Furthermore,aside tax payment,one of the reasons why FG is finding it hard to get funds is because most of the revenue generating agencies do not remit their actual cashflow.....Imagine an agency like NPA that was meant to remit 500billion at a particular year only remited 50 billion...is that the fault of Nigerians?
Lets even ask....are we not suppose to run a federated system of government where state own their own resources and remit to the centre?
Most of the rail projects could have been handled by most of the states with or without the involvement of the FG!

And in response....

The government says that value added tax (VAT) and company income tax have been on the increase since 2015.

But a UN report this year showed that in 2018, Nigeria's estimated VAT gap - the shortfall between potential and actual VAT collections - was one of the largest in Africa

And...

.According to some estimates, Nigeria has one of the world's lowest ratios of tax to GDP.

That is the total amount of tax collected as a proportion of GDP - the value of the country's goods and services.

In 2016, it was at 6%, going by figures from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), a grouping of the world's leading market economies.

That is the latest year for which data is available.

The tax-to-GDP ratio in South Africa was 29%, Ghana 18%, Egypt 15% and Kenya 18%, says the OECD.

The average for OECD members - which includes all the advanced economies - was 34%

And finally

.In 2018, 19 million Nigerians paid into federal or state coffers, according to government data.

A World Bank report in that year put the country's economically active population at 65 million - so even with rising numbers of taxpayers in recent years, that is still less than 30% paying tax

SAUCE.

Rice can be sold for even less if the FG fixes the power sector and reduce the multiple taxes that have ensured the manufacturers reflect it on their production cost!
Is it rocket science that countries with adequate power supply like Ghana sell their products a lot cheaper than Nigeria?

Nigerian power sector has a liquidity problem

1.Government sets the price for power...which means power companies lose money, since the set price is below the price of producing the power.

In practice, DISCOS reject power by GENCOS, because they don't have the cash to pay for it.

2.40% of customers don't pay for power.

As a result, all the discos have made losses, and have had to be bailed out, and three of them are in the hands of their debtors now.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Whois(m): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2022
Shey na pyramid we go chop?
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by KingArkad(m): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2022
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nauttyprof(m): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2022
naijaboy756:
With the way this government talks about rice revolution, by now rice suppose don be 6k for 50kg. If not the revolution is useless because affordable rice is all that matters.

Without revolution, good foreign rice was Bought for 8k. With revolution it is above 30k.

Which is better?What is happening?

How I wish say Buhari and Lai Mohammed dey chop the local rice sef.
Na foreign rice go full dem kitchen

They just remembered the pyramid scam close to election. Just the way they did to make us believe APC was serious by promoting Nigerian rice at a very cheap rate back then.

Nigerians better wake up. After election, we will definitely know the real state of the rice.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2022
Limassol:
You are seemingly always eager to analyse on typics you know little about, if at all you know(no offence, just an observation). Besides, just as recently as 2014,a bag of rice was 7000, that it is almost quadruple that price now is a result of mismanaged inflation, weak economy and bad policies,of which this goverment is partly to blame. So what are you talking about(your beating around the bush makes litte sense)?

Yes, and it was that way because we had enough forex then to keep the value of the naira down.

|(Note that I am not here to excuse APC, and you will soon see why).

At the end, from April 2014, prices of oil went down, and have stayed too low...meaning value of naira fell, and thus what N7000 bought is now bought by N50000 (illustrative purposes)

Which is why APC has failed....when running out of oil forex, diversify into other areas, and remove subsides so that you can attract more forex.

Simple thing...but because they were voted in to share money, and not to change the economy, they didn't do it.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Tonitoniton(m): 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2022
Scam apc govt.

So, after the public show they want to return the rice to the rightful owners, quo!?

The amount of fund spent for this public show of ignorance is more than what the rice is worth itself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Graduated With Honors From Our School, Says Chicago University / Femi Kuti: Peter Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Down African Shrine / Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.