Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? (37016 Views)

/ . / Is Ebonyi State More Viable Than Anambra And Abia?---IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by WMD(m): 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
The silence from that part of the country givs me great concern wallahi. . . No insult pls. Is jst that i dnt hear them even in our network news or am i the only one?

14 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
The east generally is not being covered by other parts of the country for some reason. if not for the new media, we wouldn't have been able to get some info from that part of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by TVTKOKO(m): 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva: The east generally is not being covered by other parts of the country for some reason. if not for the new media, we wouldn't have been able to get some info from that part of the country.
now wat are u tryin to say?

34 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by psucc(m): 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
At least the gov Elechi last weak made the headlines of media when he asserts that the proposed National Conference will be a waste.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
They are nothing to write home about.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by mascot87(m): 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva: The east generally is not being covered by other parts of the country for some reason. if not for the new media, we wouldn't have been able to get some info from that part of the country.
Lol
I served in that state and I can tell you that their is nothing to report about that state.They are living in stone age and the funny part of it is that with the number of people i spoke to their, they seem to feel comfortable with whatever they get good or bad and they don't complain.They don't insult their leaders and they believe that even if their governor is not performing well, God will give them someday someone that will perform well.I remember the Ezza, Ezilo,Ameka,Ameri, ikwo people.They don't bother about anything,they just live their life and peacefully.If you hear Enugu people say "you this Abakaliki man" it's an insult o,it mean say you be mumu.They believe Abakaliki people too mumu.Abeg free them jorr,they are in a world of their own

67 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
mascot87:
Lol
I served in that state and I can tell you that their is nothing to report about that state.They are living in stone age and the funny part of it is that with the number of people i spoke to their, they seem to feel comfortable with whatever they get good or bad and they don't complain.They don't insult their leaders and they believe that even if their governor is not performing well, God will give them someday someone that will perform well.I remember the Ezza, Ezilo,Ameka,Ameri, ikwo people.They don't bother about anything,they just live their life and peacefully.If you hear Enugu people say "you this Abakaliki man" it's an insult o,it mean say you be mumu.They believe Abakaliki people too mumu.Abeg free them jorr,they are in a world of their own
I'm aware of this and i also notice it in their approach to life generally. They don't seem to be interested in amassing wealth like other Igbos. They seem comfortable in the level they are at. I think that has to change and it will change if more enlightenment is done.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by asha80(m): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm aware of this and i also notice it in their approach to life generally. They don't seem to be interested in amassing wealth like other Igbos. They seem comfortable in the level they are at. I think that has to change and it will change if more enlightenment is done.
everything that has an advantage has a disadvantage.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
asha 80: everything that has an advantage has a disadvantage.
A balance has to be created.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by asha80(m): 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
A balance has to be created.
on a serious not i doubt if it has anything to do with elightenment...it is just the way they are..i have met with quite some enlightened ones.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Dannylux: 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ebonyi will surprise Nigeria.

23 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by WMD(m): 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
psucc: At least the gov Elechi last weak made the headlines of media when he asserts that the proposed National Conference will be a waste.

yes! Xactly ma point. One of the few occations he made headlines. D man is nt jst popular @all. . .is like nofin is hapenin there. Am sure if you shud ask people to list d 36states of the country, they may end up listing jst 35 @ d very moment and possibily mention Ebonyi after consultations . . Until last week headline, i had all lost count. . .

4 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by CaptJHMiller: 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
Rubbish.. If not for suntai saga when last did u hear about taraba, or kebbi or jigawa

15 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ebube77: 10:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
mascot87:
Lol
hw can u say that nothing is happening there;the have the highest Igr in southeast. u should stop saying wat u don't know. Do even know the capital of the state?

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nightshift(m): 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ebonyi state is always on my mind. I love the taste of farm products from the state. Be it yam or rice Abakaliki ( as we call them in Igboland), their taste is always unique.
The green state is to Nigeria what Congo DR is to the world - its agriculture potential could be worth over $100 billion over decades. Its mineral deposits are unrivaled in Igboland.

Watch out for Ebonyi's future!

17 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kokoA(m): 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
Those people sha.. Growing up somewhere in the east back then, I remembered my mum was directed to Abakiliki when she needed a house help. Guess what? Families were falling over themselves to offer their daughters as house helps.. But one thing is sure, they are very hard working. The girl we got was something else, very hard working, obedient, honest and respectful that she became part of the family, but very very local grin . These are traits I later found out in a number of other Ebonyi people I got to be friends with. I love their simplicity, they appreciate even the tiniest favor.. The only thing they need is good leadership.

11 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Dhelake: 11:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Rubbish.. If not for suntai saga when last did u hear about taraba, or kebbi or jigawa
Did you just mentioned Jigawa?? Only that the Governor is popular than the state itself

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Snoggy(m): 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
Not just Ebonyi.

Even Kogi State. The only time you'll hear Kogi in the news is when the useless Governor gets involved in an accident or when his convoy kills someone.

26 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by mascot87(m): 6:18am On Dec 31, 2013
ebube77: hw can u say that nothing is happening there;the have the highest Igr in southeast. u should stop saying wat u don't know. Do even know the capital of the state?
You be real mumu for stating this foolish opinion.Are you blind?did u not see where I stated that I served their?Also you did not see where I wrote Abakaliki up their?you be fool,no one is tribalising anything here you mad tribalistic boy.We are stating the obvious fact

10 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by FreeGlobe(f): 7:16am On Dec 31, 2013
well their governor is 100 years or so. The oldest governor so he shouldn't be active.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kel4soft: 7:35am On Dec 31, 2013
psucc: At least the gov Elechi last weak made the headlines of media when he asserts that the proposed National Conference will be a waste.

Olisah Metuh has helped him refuted the statement.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 7:36am On Dec 31, 2013
The problem with Ebonyi, Taraba and Northern Cross river isthat they are oddly position just at the end of Nigeria separated from Cameroun by rocky mountains that makes smuggling and cross-border trade an almost impossiblity. I love Ebonyi State and Ebonyi people especially Afikpo. Its the most green part of Igboland with the most humble but warlike Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kel4soft: 7:41am On Dec 31, 2013
I have lived in Port Harcourt for larger part of my life. I can count one or two Ebonyi peeps I have met. Even while in school, you rarely find them. Compare that to other SE states. Then, you know exactly what the OP is talking about.

Another State that comes to mind in South-South is Cross River to be honest. Quite out there.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2013
kel4soft: I have lived in Port Harcourt for larger part of my life. I can count one or two Ebonyi peeps I have met. Even while in school, you rarely find them. Compare that to other SE states. Then, you know exactly what the OP is talking about.

Another State that comes to mind in South-South is Cross River to be honest. Quite out there.
That's if you've asked every single Igbo person in PH where they're from. But you're right. It's hard to find an Ebonyi person unlike Imo and Anambra peeps. It's the same thing for Cross River peeps who rarely travel out. Most of the people we actually call Calabar are from Akwa Ibom state.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger / Governor Ambode Commissions A New Bus Terminal At TBS, Lagos (See Photos) / Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.