Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow (37052 Views)

Your Bogus Rice Pyramids Are Pyramids of Lies - PDP Mocks Buhari, APC / President Buhari Unveils 1 Million Bags Of Rice Pyramids In Abuja (Pictures) / Sanusi Lamido's N200 Million Library Evacuated (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by RIFANNigeria(m): 11:22am On Jan 27, 2022
abc115:
But I thought PDP said they were built on woods?

That's a special kind of lie. Thank you.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by RIFANNigeria(m): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2022
Naijabad:
From a reliable source, what you have inside each pyramid is not rice. It us bags of sand that were properly arranged in the dead of the night.

How come no one saw when the pyramid was being built.

If nobody saw the building of the pyramids, somebody can go to the site right now to see the evacuation. Plus, how did humans lift those bags filled with sand as submitted by your 'reliable source'?

Also, if nobody saw the building of the pyramids, how could the pictures that accompany the story be taken?
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by RIFANNigeria(m): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2022
tunjijones:

Bros I saw it. There is a bar inside where the pyramid is, which I visit almost every weekend. I watch them built the pyramid.

Great! God blesses you.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by naijaboy756: 11:35am On Jan 27, 2022
RIFANNigeria:

Hmmmmm! The foreign rice you purchase at 8k may have been in stock for about a decade. Do you not think it's better we eat rice that was harvested 3 months ago?

Besides, let the millers finish and we'll begin comparative analyses. Thank you.
Park well. Did we die after eating eat?/

ANSWER ME

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by RockyEyo(m): 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
backbencher:

Ah, I see, another philosopher!
[

Presumably high enough for you to buy 1 tonne of it without blinking, philosopher.

Like I said earlier oboi gettat, I'm guessing you don't know that it's the so called border closure that gave rise to the spike in price of foreign rice... pray tell me what has given rise to the foolery happening in ur Precious country...
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by tragergeorge(m): 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2022
smallsmall:

Google is free, you can find out how much a bag of Rice cost in Thailand or Malaysia or any other Rice producing nation.
Even the landing cost of long grain, Parboiled Rice to Nigeria is not more than #3,000
but in other to keep making money for his Northern brothers, Buhari shut the Southern Borders to Rice importation just to benefit Northerners, same way Dangotte was given a waiver to keep importing and exporting, throughout the period Borders in Southern Nigeria were tightly closed.

Go to Niger Border and see how trailers of Rice comes into Nigeria unhindered, only to be re-baged as local Rice and sold at #36,000 down South to Southerners. Northern Borders were never closed, weapons, Food, Clothings are coming in while export of Animal Skins, Petrol and gold are going on unhindered.
Funny thing is that most of the so-called "educated" Southerners have no clue about what is going on and they are the same ones even defending the genocide of Northerners on them!
angry angry
guy
The price of 1 kg (~ 35 oz.) of white rice in Bangkok is 42 ฿ and that's over 500naira , multiply by 50 is almost 27k,
Me no understand Google again abi na wetin,abeg come and tell me is a different rice,which be 3k for 50kg of rice na,
I'm no defending 9ja govt.i am only citing the obvious
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
backbencher:

So, how would you then pay the farmer, transporter, wholesaler, supplier, miller, etc etc...out of that N6000.

What you are suggesting is tantamount to me suggesting that we should pay you a third of your salary instead of the whole lot.

Why I am making fun is that you people want cheap stuff, because you think that people should suffer loss so that you can have 50kg rice for 6000 naira?

No wonder your country is in debt. It really costs a lot in loans to keep things cheap.

Communist countries tried what you are suggesting now, and most of them went broke eventually.

Modified

Rice can never be 6000 naira for a 50kg bag for the simple reason that we don't have an economy that attracts forex and a strong Naira as a result.

Also, even then, rice cannot be as low as N6000 only. Rice price is determined by farmers, transporters, wholesalers and retailers., and millers. They determine the price they would sell rice to you so that they can make a profit.

Plus we import most of the rice we use. Cost of transporting the rice is another matter.

Modified 2

I don't support the rice pyramid. As far as I am concerned, Nigeria has a long way to go before we can call ourselves a major rice producer. Less than 10% of our agriculture is not mechanized, and we are not like Thailand and Brazil that have lots and lots of wetland...far more than we can ever hope for, to produce rice by the tens of millions of tonnes.

The point of my rant is that many Nigerians have this idea that things should be cheap to help the poor. That's not how an economy is run, and running our power and petrol industries on such a principle is why they are in a mess

See you just dey yan non sense!!!! This government is just so wicked. The worse is that the Nigerian rice is not even micronutrient fortified like foreign yet expensive.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
Ninisun:

See you just dey yan non sense!!!! This government is just so wicked. The worse is that the Nigerian rice is not even micronutrient fortified like foreign yet expensive.

I agree the government is wicked, but the fact is, you and i have to vote in a government that would earn us more forex which means a stronger naira..AND CHEAPER stuff....and no, don't vote for tinubu, Buhari or PDP or APC.

Thanks for your wise words.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
RockyEyo:

Like I said earlier oboi gettat, I'm guessing you don't know that it's the so called border closure that gave rise to the spike in price of foreign rice... pray tell me what has given rise to the foolery happening in ur Precious country...

Rudeness does not make you any better as a person, you know.

Grow up.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by openmine(m): 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
backbencher:

Stop moving the goalpost. I have proven to you we don't pay enough taxes. Accept it and know peace, and that's it.
Don't move the goal posts.
Again, we don't pay enough in tax,even in the VAT you went on about, and as such we don't have enough revenue to fund things. Your questions about African countries are not relevant to that discussion.
We are reliant on oil for 70% of our budget, and 30% of us pay income tax.Oil prices are also very very unstable all the time. Tell me, why won't we take loans.? Even during the GEJ era we took loans because we were not earning enough from oil even above $100 per barrel.
We are a poor resource dependent nation. Always have been. And the minute we face that fact, things will get better.

With profound respect to you,it would seem that you only read to react than comprehend!
The african countries you gave out...what is their unemployment rate?
What is the unemployment rate of Nigeria before the recession and during the pandemic?
How do you want Nigerians to pay more in taxes when over 40-50% of our population(mostly the youths) remain unemployed?
Will the unemployed that are made up of the youths get the tax monies from yahoo yahoo or prostitution?

If you had comprehended properly,i said these african countries you rolled out gleefully have not only reduced unemployment thereby increasing their tax net but have also attracted,through their flexible policies,local and foreign investors/businesses which further increased employment and boosted their tax returns!
This is one of the ways a government can offer service delivery to their citizens!

Aside Oil revenue,agencies of government have been remitting less than what they generate in a month.....I gave an instance of NPA!
If you combine the ACTUAL amount of funds generated from these agencies of government including the extortive and exorbitant taxes Nigerians are paying through their noses,it will meet 90% of the revenue gotten from oil! I stand to be corrected!

backbencher:

All you have said is all very well, but you still missed my point....where I said....that government setting the prices for the discos means they cannot make enough of a profit since the price set is below the price of production.

At the end, we can do all you said , and if the producer and distributor of power cannot make a profit, because they produce power above a cost of N80 perkwh and sell it at N49-71 per kwh, losing money, they would not be able to finance the sector.

And yes, many people don't pay for power. Power theft is a cold cold reality. And people praise power thieves. And even if meters come in, people bypass them. Sad, but it happens.

For more information, read this article

Good morning
In a nutshell,What you have analyzed is simply because the FG CANNOT supply electricity to every community or state in Nigeria!
The TRANCOS are still limited to 5000mW which is not enough to supply to every household or industry in Nigeria hence they will definitely run at a loss even if the private companies are the ones running the show in terms of pricing!
They have tried and its already failing!
Hence,there should be a constitutional alteration to empower all tiers of government to produce their own electricity or get an investor to do such!
I dont blame those who dont pay for power they dont even use....how can one pay as much as 6k estimated bill and yet only receive 2hrs of electricity every month? Nigerians pay for a faulty/new Transformer,a faulty feederpiller,replacement of fuse...Is that not madness?
They praise them because there is no service delivery on the part of the providers!
First,they should fix the power supply and ensure consistency....then they can send their staffs to monitor the connectivity of the electronic meters.....Some People will always bypass but not without the knowledge of the PHED staffs who aid them to do such!
Good afternoon!
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by RockyEyo(m): 1:35pm On Jan 27, 2022
backbencher:

Rudeness does not make you any better as a person, you know.

Grow up.

This isn't about rudeness Bro, it's about defending people who don't care about us, people who are reaping us of our everyday day bread pushing us into crime and mediocre live, I hate when I meet people who stand for this foolery that's being thrown in our faces on a daily basis.... It's not good for us n our children. Let the truth be upheld
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2022
[quote author=openmine post=109733580]

With profound respect to you,it would seem that you only read to react than comprehend!
The african countries you gave out...what is their unemployment rate?
What is the unemployment rate of Nigeria before the recession and during the pandemic?
How do you want Nigerians to pay more in taxes when over 40-50% of our population(mostly the youths) remain unemployed?
Will the unemployed that are made up of the youths get the tax monies from yahoo yahoo or prostitution?

If you had comprehended properly,i said these african countries you rolled out gleefully have not only reduced unemployment thereby increasing their tax net but have also attracted,through their flexible policies,local and foreign investors/businesses which further increased employment and boosted their tax returns!
This is one of the ways a government can offer service delivery to their citizens!

Aside Oil revenue,agencies of government have been remitting less than what they generate in a month.....I gave an instance of NPA!
If you combine the ACTUAL amount of funds generated from these agencies of government including the extortive and exorbitant taxes Nigerians are paying through their noses,it will meet 90% of the revenue gotten from oil! I stand to be corrected!

Well, you still missed the point that most Nigerians don't pay tax, and government is poor in collecting taxes.

Has everything to do with the fact that most of the country is in the informal sector.

Sorry, but it is the truth. I hate the truth, but there it is.

In a nutshell,What you have analyzed is simply because the FG CANNOT supply electricity to every community or state in Nigeria!
The TRANCOS are still limited to 5000mW which is not enough to supply to every household or industry in Nigeria hence they will definitely run at a loss even if the private companies are the ones running the show in terms of pricing!
They have tried and its already failing!
Hence,there should be a constitutional alteration to empower all tiers of government to produce their own electricity or get an investor to do such!
I dont blame those who dont pay for power they dont even use....how can one pay as much as 6k estimated bill and yet only receive 2hrs of electricity every month? Nigerians pay for a faulty/new Transformer,a faulty feederpiller,replacement of fuse...Is that not madness?
They praise them because there is no service delivery on the part of the providers!
First,they should fix the power supply and ensure consistency....then they can send their staffs to monitor the connectivity of the electronic meters.....Some People will always bypass but not without the knowledge of the PHED staffs who aid them to do such!
Good afternoon!

So, basically, you want power at a cheap price with no thought about how the power and generating companies would pay for improiving things, or maintaining things.

You want an investor to come in and build things for you without said investor recouping his income.

Right. No wonder we don't have light.

Good afternoon to you too. I have tried.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2022
RockyEyo:

This isn't about rudeness Bro, it's about defending people who don't care about us, people who are reaping us of our everyday day bread pushing us into crime and mediocre live, I hate when I meet people who stand for this foolery that's being thrown in our faces on a daily basis.... It's not good for us n our children. Let the truth be upheld

Thank you, and good afternoon to you too.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by openmine(m): 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2022
backbencher:

Well, you still missed the point that most Nigerians don't pay tax, and government is poor in collecting taxes.

Has everything to do with the fact that most of the country is in the informal sector.

Sorry, but it is the truth. I hate the truth, but there it is.

I ask again...where do you want the youths who are currently unemployed and constitute 40-50% to pay taxes from?
You keep looking at the citizens as a means of tax collection....has the same government been truthful or transparent about the revenue generated from their agencies?
Nigeria remains the poverty capital of the world where most families cannot sustain one square meal daily and you want to burden them with taxes from a currency whose purchasing power is on a downward slide?
Your truth may not be the absolute even if you place it on repetition!

[s]
backbencher:

So, basically, you want power at a cheap price with no thought about how the power and generating companies would pay for improiving things, or maintaining things.

You want an investor to come in and build things for you without said investor recouping his income.

Right. No wonder we don't have light.

[/s]
You are going ahead of yourself!
Where is the electricity supply to start with?
What are you even saying?
So we must suffer for the ineptitude of an FG who lacks the foresight in terms of service delivery?
I just told you that Nigerians pay for electricity bills yet no service delivery...Nigerians pay for a Transformer,feederpiller and cable wires which should be the sole responsibility of PHED!
What is the responsibility of a service delivery company like PHED?
Should i just throw away monies and i end up not getting the services that i require?

backbencher:

Good afternoon to you too. I have tried.

Noooh please continue...its not easy defending the incompetence of this government!
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
backbencher:

Buhari made a very large mess of our economy by not taking us off oil and on the road to industrial development., and by not diversifying and by not improving our tax basis.

All these weaken our naira and thus that's why N6000 cannot buy what it could buy ten, twenty and thirty years ago.

Satisfied, PDP man.? APC and your party have no idea on how to run an economy, which is why I support neither of you.

Good morning. Now, I am dumb! (apologies to A tale of two cities) at least as far as you are concerend.

You're still dancing round the issue. Buhari made a mess of the economy. Full stop. All these your addendum are excuses you're covering up as reasons to justify the failure.
I'm not PDP. If I were, I'll support fuel subsidy removal. Both sides of the aisle actually support it if you know anything.
The point I'm making is border closure cause rice price to inflate not all those excuses you make for govt.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by chiedozie198100: 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
Only God know how much chaff has been mixed with the rice paddy.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by smallsmall: 12:15am On Jan 28, 2022
backbencher:

Noice... It is spelt "Noise".

So, why isn't rice back at N2000, which is where your beloved PDP met it?

Why isn't coke at the N20-30 naira a bottle , which is where your PDP met it?

Our naira value falls because it is dependent on revenue from crude oil, which is not stable because prices of the same crude rise and fall, and because we spend a lot of our revenue subsidsing power and petrol, which means no investment, and thus no forex increase.

Which accounts for prices rising, and real income and wages not rising.

Which your party and APC have not fixed.

I agree with you and I also say the same thing about your party, PDP which is not different.

Go and vote for people ready to take us off oil, and you would see real change.

Good morning.

You are arguing beyond your understanding, that is why l said you are confused.

- I am not PDP, so get that out of your brain. It is when people lack valid points in an argument, that they resort to labelling someone as PDP or APC, both Partys are not word their three letters moreover, they are one and the same, due to cross-carpeting.

- You cant be using PDP as a "standard" for this current APC Govt, if PDp was good, people wont vote them out and replace with APC but this Govt of Buhari is acclaimed as the worst Govt Nigeria ever had.
The leader is worse than Clueless, some say he is Lifeless. grin

- Nigeria is not the only country that exports crude oil so, forex downfall is not totally as a result of fluctuating Oil prices (you save when it is much, like now that it is over $85, and you shore up when it is low.
Our problem is bad management, looting and corruption.

- When you talk about mechanised farming foreign investment coming in, with all the number of farmers being killed and kidnapped by Fulani terrorists, which foreigner will like to invest in mechanised farming in Nigeria, when they are not suicidal?
By importing and supporting terrorists, this Buhari Govt has caused untold food insecurity (among other forns of insecurities he created) and High price of food in Nigeria.

That Rice can be produced and sold for not more than #7,000 if this Govt creates the enabling environment, in terms of Power, Transport Network, Security and Farm inputs but the clueless Leader is too focus on his tribe and how he can superimpose them on others, to be of any good

You talked about Nigerian not paying enough for Petrol and this and that. How muc is ENOUGH and who fixes that Price?
Is it the Greedy Producer like yourself, who will want to over maximise profit and cheat consumers?
Is it Govt that does not create wealth but uses fiat ?
Is it Supply and Demand in an economy that is not free and leveled at the playing ground?

FYI, Fuel was #4.30k /Ltr when President OBJ started saying once he raises the Price, there will be no more shortages, as Subsidy will be removed. He jerked the price up 7times in his 8yrs in Power.

When Jonathan came, he told us the same story about removing subsidy, fixing refinery and stabilising supply. That is how he took the price from about #22+ to #87.

Now, Buhari came and said Subsidy is a non-existent Fraud, if voted into power, he will fight the Corruption of Subsidy, stabilise forex and crush insecurity. On that basis, he sought our votes.
But the real Fraud and enabler of terrorism is the man himself.
The Foreign herdsmen he imported pre-election in 2015 are th ones trying to steal land along the Niger-Benue Valley. He himself confirmed that they are foreigners but what he refused to tell Nigerians is that they have his support and he is trying to use RUGA, Water Ways Bill and another stoopid, recent plot, to steal indigenous lands for them.
They are wiping people off their land, especially in the middle Belt. that is GENOCIDE

That aside, the same man is now telling us that Subsidy gulps #3Trillion a year!
For a country that cannot man ots borders properly, a country that does not know the volume of PMS it imports, a country that does not know what percentage of the imported fuel gets smuggled out of the border, for a country that does not know how many Empty Vessels just berth at the port and start claiming "subsidy on non-existent PMS import" or how many locally refined Petrol is loaded on a Ship which sails a few kilometers and returns back to Nigeria, to want to Claim Subsidy on its local Petrol Cargo. how are we in a position to say Nigerians are not paying enough for Petrol?
Isn't that crazy?
Should the Govt not first sort out the mess and criminality going on in that Petrol import regime, before anything else?
But ofcourse, Mr. Integrity is enriching his boys, so he pretends that he does not know what to do, rather, he wants to increase price of PMS to #302/L.

In the Power Sector, is it not this same Atiku and Hell Rufai that are in-charge of Privatisation of NEPA, selling it to their friends after collecting kickbacks and their friends just came in and stripped Nepa of its Assets. How is that the fault of Nigerians?
- How much have the DISCOS invested in their PRIVATE Organisations, as agreed in their terms of purchase of NEPA?
- How come that it is the Federal Govt that is still bailing them out often and often?
- How come they have not been able to Meter every consumer, as done in other countries, so they can collect their revenue to the level of at least 97%? Is that the fault of Nigerians that they are not Metered?

How come they are unable to prevent their Staff from Colluding with Energy thieves, to steal Power and by Pass the Meter (I reported a Disco Staff in my Area to their H/Office because l see him collecting cash regularly, from Energy thieves who by pass their Meters but l got the cold shoulder from their Boss and it later filtered-in that they get Returns from his Boys and it is all a Racket, from top to bottom, afteral, Govt will soon bail them out again!

What l am saying is that you are backing up the wrong alley, you are blaming the wrong person here.
If Govt does not do what it is supposed to do, including providing leadership, security,enabling environment, accountability, discipline and punishment for economic saboteurs, we will only be going from bad to worse

These White Elephant Pyramids are not a solution but a reflection of the cluelessness and corruption of Mr. President and his handlers.
Rice can be cheaper that #7,000/Bag, if this Govt, the NASS, Mr. President and his handlers really want to work for this country and are not just concerned about their pockets, just as YOU are only concerned about YOUR Pockets!

Countries become great, when led by intelligent and selfless Leaders, the masses (Nigerians) are there to follow their cue.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 28, 2022
smallsmall:

You are arguing beyond your understanding, that is why l said you are confused.

- I am not PDP, so get that out of your brain. It is when people lack valid points in an argument, that they resort to labelling someone as PDP or APC, both Partys are not word their three letters moreover, they are one and the same, due to cross-carpeting.

- You cant be using PDP as a "standard" for this current APC Govt, if PDp was good, people wont vote them out and replace with APC but this Govt of Buhari is acclaimed as the worst Govt Nigeria ever had.
The leader is worse than Clueless, some say he is Lifeless. grin

- Nigeria is not the only country that exports crude oil so, forex downfall is not totally as a result of fluctuating Oil prices (you save when it is much, like now that it is over $85, and you shore up when it is low.
Our problem is bad management, looting and corruption.

- When you talk about mechanised farming foreign investment coming in, with all the number of farmers being killed and kidnapped by Fulani terrorists, which foreigner will like to invest in mechanised farming in Nigeria, when they are not suicidal?
By importing and supporting terrorists, this Buhari Govt has caused untold food insecurity (among other forns of insecurities he created) and High price of food in Nigeria.

That Rice can be produced and sold for not more than #7,000 if this Govt creates the enabling environment, in terms of Power, Transport Network, Security and Farm inputs but the clueless Leader is too focus on his tribe and how he can superimpose them on others, to be of any good

You talked about Nigerian not paying enough for Petrol and this and that. How muc is ENOUGH and who fixes that Price?
Is it the Greedy Producer like yourself, who will want to over maximise profit and cheat consumers?
Is it Govt that does not create wealth but uses fiat ?
Is it Supply and Demand in an economy that is not free and leveled at the playing ground?

FYI, Fuel was #4.30k /Ltr when President OBJ started saying once he raises the Price, there will be no more shortages, as Subsidy will be removed. He jerked the price up 7times in his 8yrs in Power.

When Jonathan came, he told us the same story about removing subsidy, fixing refinery and stabilising supply. That is how he took the price from about #22+ to #87.

Now, Buhari came and said Subsidy is a non-existent Fraud, if voted into power, he will fight the Corruption of Subsidy, stabilise forex and crush insecurity. On that basis, he sought our votes.
But the real Fraud and enabler of terrorism is the man himself.
The Foreign herdsmen he imported pre-election in 2015 are th ones trying to steal land along the Niger-Benue Valley. He himself confirmed that they are foreigners but what he refused to tell Nigerians is that they have his support and he is trying to use RUGA, Water Ways Bill and another stoopid, recent plot, to steal indigenous lands for them.
They are wiping people off their land, especially in the middle Belt. that is GENOCIDE

That aside, the same man is now telling us that Subsidy gulps #3Trillion a year!
For a country that cannot man ots borders properly, a country that does not know the volume of PMS it imports, a country that does not know what percentage of the imported fuel gets smuggled out of the border, for a country that does not know how many Empty Vessels just berth at the port and start claiming "subsidy on non-existent PMS import" or how many locally refined Petrol is loaded on a Ship which sails a few kilometers and returns back to Nigeria, to want to Claim Subsidy on its local Petrol Cargo. how are we in a position to say Nigerians are not paying enough for Petrol?
Isn't that crazy?
Should the Govt not first sort out the mess and criminality going on in that Petrol import regime, before anything else?
But ofcourse, Mr. Integrity is enriching his boys, so he pretends that he does not know what to do, rather, he wants to increase price of PMS to #302/L.

In the Power Sector, is it not this same Atiku and Hell Rufai that are in-charge of Privatisation of NEPA, selling it to their friends after collecting kickbacks and their friends just came in and stripped Nepa of its Assets. How is that the fault of Nigerians?
- How much have the DISCOS invested in their PRIVATE Organisations, as agreed in their terms of purchase of NEPA?
- How come that it is the Federal Govt that is still bailing them out often and often?
- How come they have not been able to Meter every consumer, as done in other countries, so they can collect their revenue to the level of at least 97%? Is that the fault of Nigerians that they are not Metered?

How come they are unable to prevent their Staff from Colluding with Energy thieves, to steal Power and by Pass the Meter (I reported a Disco Staff in my Area to their H/Office because l see him collecting cash regularly, from Energy thieves who by pass their Meters but l got the cold shoulder from their Boss and it later filtered-in that they get Returns from his Boys and it is all a Racket, from top to bottom, afteral, Govt will soon bail them out again!

What l am saying is that you are backing up the wrong alley, you are blaming the wrong person here.
If Govt does not do what it is supposed to do, including providing leadership, security,enabling environment, accountability, discipline and punishment for economic saboteurs, we will only be going from bad to worse

These White Elephant Pyramids are not a solution but a reflection of the cluelessness and corruption of Mr. President and his handlers.
Rice can be cheaper that #7,000/Bag, if this Govt, the NASS, Mr. President and his handlers really want to work for this country and are not just concerned about their pockets, just as YOU are only concerned about YOUR Pockets!

Countries become great, when led by intelligent and selfless Leaders, the masses (Nigerians) are there to follow their cue.

I agree with you

But the thing is, Nigeria in the end needs to earn more money to be prosperous

We are a poor nation. All you mentioned makes our poverty worse.

Good am
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by smallsmall: 5:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
backbencher:

I agree with you

But the thing is, Nigeria in the end needs to earn more money to be prosperous

We are a poor nation.
All you mentioned makes our poverty worse.

Good am

Good day,

No on is in doubt that Nigeria is Poor and we need to earn more, to escape Poverty.
Question is: Are we doing the right thing, right now (never mind "before", otherwise we wont be where we were in 2015), to reduce the Poverty level of Nigerians?

How do we describe a Nation with #30,000 Basic Salary (that most states refuse to pay!) and the Citizens are buying a Bag of Rice for #36,000? I've never heard it happen anywhere in the whole, wide world.

I think we need to go back to the basics and build from Ground-Up.
With the level of Corruption so pervasive AS OF TODAY, we are actually in REVERSE.
Accumulating Bags of Paddies for Display and Propaganda (when majority of the Citizens cant afford the same Rice) is certainly not the way forward

Thank you for your civil engagements on this issue, l appreciate it Sir.
We rise.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2022
smallsmall:

Good day,

No on is in doubt that Nigeria is Poor and we need to earn more, to escape Poverty.
Question is: Are we doing the right thing, right now (never mind "before", otherwise we wont be where we were in 2015), to reduce the Poverty level of Nigerians?

How do we describe a Nation with #30,000 Basic Salary (that most states refuse to pay!) and the Citizens are buying a Bag of Rice for #36,000? I've never heard it happen anywhere in the whole, wide world.

I think we need to go back to the basics and build from Ground-Up.
With the level of Corruption so pervasive AS OF TODAY, we are actually in REVERSE.
Accumulating Bags of Paddies for Display and Propaganda (when majority of the Citizens cant afford the same Rice) is certainly not the way forward

Thank you for your civil engagements on this issue, l appreciate it Sir.
We rise.

I should note that I am not denying corruption or its existence.

But when your oil revenue can only fund 70% of your budget because prices have been all over the place, that tells you something.

Corruption makes the problem worse.
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Roon9(m): 11:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
backbencher:

Well, governments past and present since 2007 have made railways a priority...so....

And how far have we gone with that? Analogue trains in 2022!
Re: Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2022
smallsmall:

These are Bags of Paddys, not the Rice you buy in the Market. undecided
Okay got it wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obaseki Calls For Oshiomhole’s Arrest Over Naira Scarcity Violence In Edo / Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign / Fayose Visits Tinubu In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.