Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,850 members, 7,813,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! (51374 Views)

Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV / Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:19am On Jan 27, 2022
Nbotee:
No b company error. There are a lot of fake LG products in the market

You are right bro. Around may/June last year I bought same 32inch LG for 80k at one electronics shop like that in onitsha and december last year I took my guy to iweka to price same 32inch LG and we were told 120k. But, one funny thing is that the same man showed us another 32inch LG and told us that the price is 80k and we asked him how come, he said that this 1st one he showed us is original LG TV while the second one is fake but you won't know unless he tells you.

@ Dollywood, you bought a fake LG TV, go back to where you bought the TV may be they will change it for you.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by bennyflipy(m): 10:19am On Jan 27, 2022
Na fake you buy Sha, i bought my own 80k 43 inches, not completely a smart TV Sha. I emptied my account to get to then but I'm fucking enjoying it now. The TV is worth more than that now Sha.

N.B: it's an LG London used.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Lovenorth: 10:20am On Jan 27, 2022
Wasky101:

Are u not confused by your own post
First u are not on d same page with igbos
Then u like doing business with them
Then again they are not to be trusted.
This is the most confusing thing I have read
You lack reading comprehension, remove yourself from my write up and reread pls

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 27, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

JUMIA don't sale fake things.i can assured you that with JUMIA,you are good to go.the good things about JUMIA is that,you can return the products you bought from them if you don't like it,but you must return it before seven days.
Jumia is just a platform.Those who sells the products are mostly Alaba boys.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by rampantlover: 10:24am On Jan 27, 2022
Made in Ojualegba....what do you expect

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Malawian(m): 10:26am On Jan 27, 2022
[quote author=Dollywood post=109725138][/quote]
That is original LG except they switched what was supposed to be inside.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Austinbass12(m): 10:29am On Jan 27, 2022
Montaque:
My market hack for TV. I can buy all other electronics as new. But TVs are better in foreign used/imported. There are many guys selling good smart TVs with good colour here on Nairaland - Graceglory, acunon, alabaonline. Go through their page and confirm for yourself. All these new ones are made for Africa - people that won't complain or protest the product. If you get the foreign used version of that TV (same model number), you will see that we get substandard products in Africa, especially Nigeria
You are so on point! The direct Belgium 26inches ledtv LG I bought 34k since 2018 at shopping center aba, omo tv strong die. I've not used TV guard since I bought it, I just plugged it direct sometimes I even forget to off the switch, tv just dey serve since then. Picture quality na confirm with my ps3 and gotv.
Most of this Belgium stuffs last more both my home theater, it has been serving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by nedekid: 10:29am On Jan 27, 2022
Revolution2022:
Bro you are lying.The only repair and not change a defective electronic with warranty.If the fault is as a result of power supply voltage your warranty has been voided
Oga, of what benefit is it to me to lie to you. I don't work for LG and neither will you dash me money. I simply told my experience.
Pls don't be quick you accuse someone of lying without facts.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Malawian(m): 10:33am On Jan 27, 2022
Thecreatorx:

Igbo people derive joy in cheating, even here in rivers state. I just Dey look them, after all the cheating only few Dey ever fit upgrade their life
Why are Yoruba people not importing and selling the original ones?
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by D4donnn: 10:36am On Jan 27, 2022
P4SSW0RD:

LG tv quality is really low especially for gaming, I noticed this too. If possible return it and get Hisense. Thank me later.

No offense but what you guys bought is the knockoff not original lg product, if you think I'm lying visit a show room and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by 2undeee(m): 10:37am On Jan 27, 2022
You just bought Akewu not the Original LG
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by EnemyofGod22(m): 10:40am On Jan 27, 2022
Revolution2022:

You are wrong, JUMIA has offices all over nigeria.if you buy something from JUMIA and you don't like the products,you can return the products to the JUMIA office with receipt and correct your money.but make sure you return it between seven days.

Nothing like Alago or Alaba boys walking with JUMIA.
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by EnemyofGod22(m): 10:41am On Jan 27, 2022
Revolution2022:

You are wrong, JUMIA has offices all over nigeria.if you buy something from JUMIA and you don't like the products,you can return the products to the JUMIA office with receipt and correct your money.but make sure you return it between seven days. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by PotatoSalad(m): 10:41am On Jan 27, 2022
Wasky101:

To avoid generalization I will say some igbos are wicked, i suffer for them hand last year no be small.
Had issues with my transmission
Called a contact i saw on jiji for spare part. Ladipo guy. Told him I wanted gear valve body for a 2014 Corolla. He call price we negotiated and agreed, this man sent gear valve body for 2009 Corolla.
When I called him to return it he first tried to convince me that they can change it to a 2009 gear. When I refused he said I shld return it, I return oya oga return money story enter. He say make I come use the money collect another thing, I dont need anything again oga, he said nah until when him sell am him go refund.
Shey I follow u dey your shop to know when u go sell the spare part.
Last last I opted to collect transmission fluid from him. Sold the oil at 20k, called him and said oga market value of this oil is 15k each he say naso him dey sell him own.
All through this the most shocking thing was this guy mah elderly man, if it was one young boy I would have not have felt so bad.
Had to buy bumper for another car, if I start that one story I fit start to dey cry
Although I'm igbo but i feel more comfortable dealing with Yoruba or hausa people. Was going somewhere in Onitsha and not familiar with the place. This old keke driver stopped and told me 200. Guess what?
This man drove me to another place that isn't upto half the distance. Drove in circles to make it look like it's far. Paid him and this idiot left. Figured out it was an entirely different place and old man just ran me street. Man as old as my dad. grin angry
You hear Igbos shouting Biafra when we don't even love ourselves. Igbo love na for social media we dey see am. The problem of igbo people is igbo people.
Igbo traders that will be under anointing before opening their shops and rip off the first costumer that visits them.
There are honest igbo traders though, but they're rare.

7 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by TNORWAY: 10:42am On Jan 27, 2022
Dollywood:
I mean, I even connected my DSTV to the TV and it's wack! The picture quality was like watching a 240p or 360p on YouTube.
bro this is where I work.... I sell electronics...originally fouani LG TV cost....... nothing less than 100k pictures below.

1.the original tv has the LG logo inscribed...can't be removed or cleaned.
2. The carton has deep red colour.
3.between 100k-105k
4.comes with wall bracket.
5.complete 32 inches
6.has warranty.

. Fake(Aki)

1.not up to 32 inches
2.sold between 75k-85k
3. You would mostly see pictures of player's on the carton i.e iwobi
4. They have up to 4 different LG fakes.
5.easy get blown up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by lawkenoz(m): 10:43am On Jan 27, 2022
Hahahha! This is really funny. I import both new and tokunbo TV sets in alaba! There are basically 4 kinds of tv sets in the market.....brand new OEM sets, Chinese cloned/copies of the OEM sets, original used OEM foreign sets, and sets from lesser known companies.

The LG you bought is clearly a Chinese copy, they are everywhere and they exist because people love cheap products. You tell them the price of the original one they start complaining and always opt for the cheap one, saying is the TV going to show them the future? that's been my experience with people in this business.

There are products that are difficult to Chinese copy/clone or maybe because customers who buy them are few, they are Sony TVs, Philips, LeEco (letv) and Panasonic. Their prices are cutthroat even for the foreign used sets talk more of brand new.

This shouldn't be a tribal thing, lots of others tribes import and sell TVs in Nigeria, we all buy from the same suppliers abroad. I just think it should be made clear to the customers on the quality of each product thy are purchasing. The prices are self evident.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Upaka(f): 10:44am On Jan 27, 2022
shaqur231:
Did you buy from LG store? If not then you have been sold a rebranded TV set imported from China

Hello, can I repair LG TV screen in an Lg store??
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Upaka(f): 10:45am On Jan 27, 2022
lawkenoz:
Hahahha! This is really funny. I import both new and tokunbo TV sets in alaba! There are basically 4 kinds of tv sets in the market.....brand new OEM sets, Chinese cloned/copies of the OEM sets, original used OEM foreign sets, and sets from lesser known companies.

The LG you bought is clearly a Chinese copy, they are everywhere and they exist because people love cheap products. You tell them the price of the original one they start complaining and always opt for the cheap one, saying is the TV going to show them the future? that's been my experience with people in this business.

There are products that are difficult to Chinese copy/clone or maybe because customers who buy them are few, they are Sony TVs, Philips, LeEco (letv) and Panasonic. Their prices are cutthroat even for the foreign used sets talk more of brand new.

This shouldn't be a tribal thing, lots of others tribes import and sell TVs in Nigeria, we all buy from the same suppliers abroad. I just think it should be made clear to the customers on the quality of each product thy are purchasing. The prices are self evident.

Hello, do you repair TV screen??
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by funshint(m): 10:48am On Jan 27, 2022
Dollywood:
I just bought this new LG 32 inches brand new and I realised when I connected my PS4 Hdmi to it and started playing games on it, the picture quality was wack, feels like a lot of contrast and doesn't give me that crystal clear high definition I normally see on other people's TV. I bought the TV 70K. embarassed

Please someone should help me out!
E fit be fake....dem just past LG logo on top am. Sorry!
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 27, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

You are wrong, JUMIA has offices all over nigeria.if you buy something from JUMIA and you don't like the products,you can return the products to the JUMIA office with receipt and correct your money.but make sure you return it between seven days. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I bought a dtv antenna that didn't work from jumia.I posted a bad review on jumia comment section.I got a call from it customer service and he promised to compensate me.So I received a Bluetooth headset as compensation.After it was delivered,the merchant sent a message in a piece of paper in company with the headset pleading that I shouldn't report him to jumia that if I did he would be blacklisted from jumia platform.The headset did last up to 20mins when I use it to play music.I had to give it out.Since then,I don't order any product from jumia.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by PotatoSalad(m): 10:52am On Jan 27, 2022
federal9:

See how the original carton looks in case of next time.

The side of your carton was cut and joined. The red color was too close to the edge, but the original one, there should be a white-brownish color closer to the end.

Just return it. Go to LG dealer
This isn't even original. This is another fake. Lmao
The LG is supposed to have same Font size with the LED TV, and it doesn't have any footballer photos grin
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by federal9: 10:53am On Jan 27, 2022
[quote author=PotatoSalad post=109729530][/quote]

Vomit it now or remain silent forever
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by lawkenoz(m): 10:54am On Jan 27, 2022
Upaka:

Hello, do you repair TV screen??

My advice? just get a new TV, Tv screens can't be repaired when damaged only replaced. And replacement is quite stressful and the cost of replacing isn't worth it, you just add a bit and buy another!

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by PotatoSalad(m): 10:55am On Jan 27, 2022
federal9:

Vomit it now or remain silent forever
Oga what you posted is fake too.
See my edited comment
grin
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Napoleons: 10:57am On Jan 27, 2022
Montaque:
My market hack for TV. I can buy all other electronics as new. But TVs are better in foreign used/imported. There are many guys selling good smart TVs with good colour here on Nairaland - Graceglory, acunon, alabaconnect. Go through their page and confirm for yourself. All these new ones are made for Africa - people that won't complain or protest the product. If you get the foreign used version of this TV you bought (same model number), you will see that we get substandard products in Africa, especially Nigeria

I learnt that truth from Graceglory sometime ago on one of his threads

https://www.nairaland.com/6958122/just-bought-new-lg-tv/6#109728935

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Pherule(m): 10:57am On Jan 27, 2022
I'm fiercely buying:
- Amazon GC/e-Code:
As low as $50; my rate is N4**/$
You can ask about other cards.

- Coinme/BTC/ETH/USDT & Prominent Altcoin:
I buy any amount; in bits and bulk as low as $10.

- Payoneer/PayPal/Zelle/CashApp.

- You can also contact me for your Google Voice, RDP, VPN, and other supports.

Swift Payment at Fair Rates!

Check my bio for my contact.
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 27, 2022
lawkenoz:

So bargaining for a product means the buyer is looking for a cheap product?Why you no inscribe a fixed price on the tv to stop customer from bargaining?

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by PotatoSalad(m): 10:59am On Jan 27, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

JUMIA don't sale fake things.i can assured you that with JUMIA,you are good to go.the good things about JUMIA is that,you can return the products you bought from them if you don't like it,but you must return it before seven days.
Jumia, Konga, Jiji, all sell fake products.
If you want to buy tv, go fouani site or walk into a reputable LG showrooms, not ones with LG banner Infront of them o.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by EnemyofGod22(m): 10:59am On Jan 27, 2022
[quote author=Revolution2022 post=109729519]I bought a dtv antenna that didn't work from jumia.I posted a bad review on jumia comment section.I got a call from it customer service and he promised to compensate me.So I received a Bluetooth headset as compensation.After it was delivered,the merchant sent a message in a piece of paper in company with the headset pleading that I shouldn't report him to jumia that if I did he would be blacklisted from jumia platform.The headset did last up to 20mins when I use it to play music.I had to give it out.Since then,I don't order any product from jumia.[/quote

That's the problem you have,did you go to the JUMIA office with the said products with receipt and lay a complain ? I can assured you that if you have done so, your money would have refund back to you in full amount.no mangomango in JUMIA
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by seanwilliam(m): 11:00am On Jan 27, 2022
xynerise:

70k sounds like it's not original.

It should be about 80-90k
that 32 inch is 105k @ foauni LG store presently bro . I bought one in December self..
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Dollywood(m): 11:00am On Jan 27, 2022
I went to another store this morning after returning the TV back to the dealer, the two boys there said I should drop the TV till their boss is back on Monday. When I went to another store you wouldn't believe same fake LG TV was in the front of the store, so believable, a novice like me would easily have fallen. I went into the store and asked for an ORIGINAL LG TV, because I was told the ones in the front outside of their store is fake and the sales boy went inside to bring out the ORIGINAL one with a 2-Year warranty encrusted on the carton plus a free wall bracket. Can y'all see how heartless this electronic sellers are? What if im another person with no clue of knowing which is fake or not and I end up paying 70k for the fake LG while the original is inside their store collecting dust. The thing I noticed is that they keep the ORIGINAL inside because its expensive and put the affordable fake one outside their store.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Originalsly: 11:01am On Jan 27, 2022
Was the box factory sealed?..... if it wasn't... most likely you're not the first person buying that TV. Return it.... they'll pass it on to the next customer. See what "bargain price" got you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nkem Owo Aka Osuofia Dead (Rumour or True) / Meet Tychon Carter, The First Black Winner Of Big Brother Canada (Photos) / How BBNaija Viewers Voted For Queen, Nini, Saga, Angel And Pere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.