Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account (43607 Views)

Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead / Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / Gtb Customer Care Are Not Listening To Customer Plight Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by smallsmall: 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2022
linearity:

Agreed, but I was talking about Nigerian specifically and the insured amounts I quoted above is for Nigeria.

Insured amount in the USA and other foreign banks defers, in the USA I truly don’t care if my credit card is stolen or fraudulently used, all I need do is call it in and I will be made whole almost immediately while the investigation goes on.

Though the story is different with debit cards even in the USA, the insurance is not as iron clad as that with credit cards and it could take a little longer to get your money back.

Yes CBN should up their games and emulate other countries, but remember that the insurance companies & Banks are in business to turn a profit, so if CBN increased their liabilities, they will have to turn to me and you to recoup the additional cost in insuring a high risk now.

I agree with your submissions

Liability arising from carelessness or connivance of their staff cannot be passed to the Customer.
Liabilities of "Genuine Operating Cost", is what the Customer funds.

Profit of a bank is not made from the Bank Staff conniving with Fraudsters to defraud Customers, that is termed "Criminal Enterprise" ... which is what is going on with Nigerian banks, especially First Bank, GTB (recently), Access Bank and UBA.
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by SportsHD: 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2022
superCleanworks:
The banks know exactly what
Shey Buhari has account in union bank, let one kobo miss and you will see how the bank manager will turn to Jack Bauer
Swears, buhari's major stake in union bank is the best thing about him.
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by slimanyd: 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2022
Lol. Moya destroy ATM mi. Anyone still using ATM card for his MAIN account is playing with fire in these present day World .

Let me see how someone will steal money from my account when am no longer using ATM grin

2 Likes

Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by mamawa123: 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
Most of these incidents are inside jobs. Someone from the bank sell his information to scammers
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by smallsmall: 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2022
The Customer should read this thread, on how to lodge a Complaint against GTBank, with the CBN.

https://www.nairaland.com/6960179/how-lodge-complaint-against-financial

Contact Your Institution First

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) issued a circular in 2011 directing all banks to expand their existing ATM HELP DESK to handle all types of consumer complaints. Therefore, if you have a complaint against your bank, you MUST first report the complaint at the bank/branch where the issue originated and then allow 2 weeks (it might be less or more in some cases) for the issues to be resolved.

If Your Bank Fails to Resolve Your Complaint

You have the right to escalate your complaint to the Director, Consumer Protection Department (CPD) of the CBN after lodging
your complaint, when your bank fails to acknowledge within three (3) days or issue a tracking number, or fails to resolve the complaint within the timelines as stipulated by the Consumer Protection Regulation (CPR).

Complaints to Consumer Protection Department

You can only direct your Complaints to CPD upon the failure of your Bank/Financial Institution to resolve your complaint within the timeline stipulated by the Consumer Protection Regulation (CPR).

Contacting Consumer Protection Department (CPD)

You can contact the CPD through the following channels:

E-mails: cpd@cbn.gov.ng

Letter:
The Director
Consumer Protection Department
Central Bank of Nigeria
Central Business District,
Garki, Abuja

Your letter of Complaint should be addressed to the Director, Consumer Protection Department.

You can submit your letter at the CBN Head
Office OR at any of the CBN Branches
Nationwide.

Does the CPD Deal with All Types of Complaints?

The CBN deals with all financial related complaints in so far as it is against a Financial Institution within its regulatory purview.
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by yok: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2022
aljazirahnews:

GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by aljazirahnews: 10:49am On Jan 28

The activities of this yahoo yahoo boys is becoming a big nuisance. Any online transaction now has to be properly investigated so that you do no lose your money, no deal with any business or transaction that has no physical address and the address need to be physically verified . It is high time we all join hands together to condemn all fraudulent activities.

Very bad that fraudsters are spoiling business for the genuine businessmen. I cannot believe myself when for one type of online business that people can easily do, I checked on-line and discovered that many of the websites have disappeared (likely with people's money), now if you are buying things from people, you cannot afford to leave big deposit with them or even allow your money to stay with them for too long. May all the Yahoo Boys and whoever is supporting their activities die like dogs

2 Likes

Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by PlanktonX: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2022
I see the days of fraudsters, yahoo yahoo and ritualists numbered in this country, because the people will rise up by themselves to mete out justice on them...

A day will come when people will be going from house to house and bring out these people to mere justice....the people themselves will solve their problems because these fraudsters are not ghosts and people know them on their streets and communities.

Evil will only last for a while...warn all your brothers , sisters and children, because the Lord said his days of vengeance is seriously at hand.

Warn them, to learn something productive now or stop this menance.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by Acidosis(m): 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2022
slimanyd:
Lol. Moya destroy ATM mi. Anyone still using ATM card for his MAIN account is playing with fire in these present day World .

Let me see how someone will steal money from my account when am no longer using ATM grin

Swears

You don't even need to destroy your card.

See a screenshot of my sterling bank app. Once I disable one or more of these options, the card immediately becomes useless.

If I disable all three, there's nothing anyone can do with my card or pin. To steal from me, they will have to bundle me to the nearest sterling bank branch.

Some Nigerians have used their card details to collect loans from loan sharks with criminal intents. By the time these criminals come back to haunt them, we will all gather here to blame the banks as usual.

5 Likes

Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by calcal: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2022
egojeny1:
Why is it always GTB, First Bank and Access Bank?? So sorry for this predicament.

The employees need to pay for their children WAEC with your money, sorry!
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by linearity: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2022
smallsmall:

I agree with your submissions

Liability arising from carelessness or connivance of their staff cannot be passed to the Customer.
Liabilities of "Genuine Operating Cost", is what the Customer funds.

Profit of a bank is not made from the Bank Staff conniving with Fraudsters to defraud Customers, that is termed "Criminal Enterprise" ... which is what is going on with Nigerian banks, especially First Bank, GTB (recently), Access Bank and UBA.

Bros, sometimes wey you dey talk remember say an 9ja we dey.

We all know that the majority of these bank frauds are a result of the carnival of bank staff....there is a video got on WhatsApp last week, where a fraudster called some he duped and boasted how he has access to his bank info and that, he has a connection with Bank managers and they all have their own cut and that nothing will happen to him.

The problem in Nigeria's context is, how will you be able to prove that it was the bank staff that connived with outsiders? Even if the bank as a result of their investigation knows this, they will not tell you, because that is a PR disaster, they will rather fire that staff silently and the money is not huge pay you.

If you report to police, you will start spending money for police report, court order, etc.
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by PatientVulture: 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2022
faoogoke:
This story can't be true.

Daily withdrawal is like a million naira.

Two million nine hundred and fifty

thousand can't be withdrawn as once.

You are demarketing a bank. That's not

good.

Ever heard of indemnity ?
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by Deltavariant(m): 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2022
Avoid GT bank with all energy and hardwork because it also happened to my brother last year when his account was used to purchase two Netflix sub's and when he went to customer care they give him the same old story of yahoo boys, but thank God one of the transactions was cancelled and was able to retrieve his money.
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by Bignuell(m): 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
SavageResponse:

For your info even crypto exchanges and crypto wallets also get hacked
True, you can as well get a cold wallet to prevent all these
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by JOemmy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
This is no doubt an inside job sue the bank if they don't return ur money back. I prefer to negotiate with my bank on fixed deposit if the savings in my account runs above #1m some nigerian banks these days have become armed robbers.
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by slimanyd: 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2022
Acidosis:

Swears

You don't even need to destroy your card.

See a screenshot of my sterling bank app. Once I disable one or more of these options, the card immediately becomes useless.

If I disable all three, there's nothing anyone can do with my card or pin. To steal from me, they will have to bundle me to the nearest sterling bank branch.

Some Nigerians have used their card details to collect loans from loan sharks with criminal intents. By the time these criminals come back to haunt them, we will all gather here to blame the banks as usual.

Nah so o baba. Let's see how they wanna move my funds when I no get ATM again. When I wanna use my money. I move the amount I need to my Polaris account and within 5 minutes , I withdraw my funds instantly. Awon ole deede
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by federal9: 5:15pm On Jan 29, 2022
aljazirahnews:

https://globaltimesng.com/2022/01/28/customer-faints-as-n2-95m-disappears-from-his-gtb-account/

It could be that he entered a fake sporty bet site and input his details.

So sad for him.
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by Moji12(f): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2022
The mistake he made was fainting, instead of holding his shit together and be proactive by first of all blocking his ATM.
He gave them enough room by doing so, 9,000 balance from 2.9 milla this is bad.
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by Moji12(f): 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Him don looseguard na

The street is no longer funny
Everybody should mount thier guard
Because who loose guard them go maga am

If possible enlighten your loved ones and relatives.....synchronise the email link to thier bank account to your own device for prompt notification and response....especially female relatives Because females are very careless
Then tell your relatives to avoid some banks.....I will not mention names
Anyway ain't scared...let me mention them...gt bank, access bank, fcmb....

Manage zenith bank if possible...them dey try

You no well, so u can dish out advice, no be the thing u de do be dat?
Can u see the pain that man is going thru? His life savings and I'm sure you know what it was meant for.
You n your cohorts will soon me your water loo.

1 Like

Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by BabaIbo: 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2022
vikstandon:

Tell me more

On what?
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by Ishilove: 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2022
SenecaTheYonger:
Didn’t I tell you that yahoo boys will run us local very soon?
When they say there’s no honor amongst thieves, you bastards were defending them with your life.

The man's 2.9m must be part of the wealth the whiteman stole from our ancestors

3 Likes

Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by Emmanuel30a: 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2022
jmoore:
Most of these victims don't tell the real story.

A scammer will send you a link to a website where you can deposit any amount you want, they will tell you they hacked sporty bet. Then greed will push the victims to enter their ATM details in the cloned site.
Dont You Know The Scammer Could A Bank Of The Financial Institution Staff? ...
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by anuofGod(f): 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2022
Same way UBA stole my #5100 last year November and denied me entrance into the bank so I won't cause drama. They kept giving me forms to fill outside the bank.
This banks are so useless. I am restricting the urge I have right now to scream and curse that bank.
But why should I be dramatic? God has been so faithful to me.
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by watersideboys: 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
I went to gtb bank and saw a long line of people that have been scammed via ATM and other similar complaints. Central Bank should look into this especially gtb. A useless bank with very rude staffs

1 Like

Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by Susily(m): 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2022
anuofGod:
Same way UBA stole my #5100 last year November and denied me entrance into the bank so I won't cause drama. They kept giving me forms to fill outside the bank.
This banks are so useless. I am restricting the urge I have right now to scream and curse that bank.
But why should I be dramatic? God has been so faithful to me.

I hope your money was returned to you?
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by anuofGod(f): 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2022
Susily:

It wasn't, that's why I restricted the urge to scream and curse UBA when I was typing the other time.
They said I did transaction with POS in October and they deducted money in November.
Funny enough, I didn't do transaction with POS on the said day in October.
I called, I mailed, went to the bank. They bluntly denied
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by kings59: 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2022
120k alert entered last week. The next day, I got a WhatsApp message that I am among the people the selected to receive 45k bla blah blah, ......

Banks are scammers

How did the person know that 120k emerged my account

I am scared......

It's good I don't make use of ATM, only mobile banking.
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by anuofGod(f): 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2022
Susily:

It wasn't, that's why I restricted the urge to scream and curse UBA when I was typing the other time.
They said I did transaction with POS in October and they deducted money in November.
I called, I mailed, went to the bank. They bluntly denied.
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by olabrad: 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2022
SavageResponse:

There is a reason why cold wallets are created
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by planetx: 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
SavageResponse:

Lol that is an everyday occurrence now
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by Kacism(m): 5:45pm On Jan 29, 2022
Same thing happened to my account with UBA last year.. During sallah period, they almost cleared my account but I woke up to numerous debit alerts and had to quickly move my reminding balance to my kuda account..

Later went to UBA to meet a long line of many people whose account were cleared.. Filled charge back form and blocked my ATM card. Since August last year till now, I haven't heard from them. I can never use UBA bank or access bank again. Those banks are prone to fraudulent activity.. With the way I was being careful with my ATM card, am still convinced till today that a staff of UBA is complicit in what happened to me..
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by Susily(m): 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2022
anuofGod:

I called, I mailed, went to the bank. They bluntly denied.

You should have forwarded a complaint to CBN
Re: GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account by Acidosis(m): 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2022
Ishilove:

The man's 2.9m must be part of the wealth the whiteman stole from our ancestors

One of Edo's artefacts cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hilarious Conversation Between UBA And Guy Who Asked Them For Loan On Twitter / How to start a lucrative Human hair business with 100-200k / Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.