Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,606 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) (40114 Views)

Past Leaders Of Nigeria From 1914 Till Date (Pictures) / Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons / History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 9:24pm On Jan 28, 2022
Asour:

Sure. It's my opinion.

Everyone has theirs that's why we converse.
However if we are indeed sincere, Nigeria (all over obviously with different intensity) has progressively worsened in terms of welfare of [the Majority] of it's citizenry. It this also my opinion or this is a fact?
Consequently anyone (not solely but collectively) who has been an active part of the political class over this period(s) would not reasonably be proud of any 'feats' as there aren't many.

O well I guess I may be the 'only' one seeing things bad.

Cheers.
Well I am happy to change subject.
Yes Nigeria has worsened in terms of welfare but this is predictable. In our culture every person is required to have children. If you don't you are a failed human being . Is that right? So we are heading for a population of 300 million maybe 1 billion one day
We cannot provide for all these people and a crisis is predictable especially as most are under the age of 30 with no skills to sell and no jobs and they too are making babies.
A Legislator announced baby 29 this week.
So there is an element of individual responsibility in this welfare issue
Do not make babies if you cannot provide for them

The other issue is the restructuring question. Do we have the optimal political structure in place ? Many argue that the structure and not the actors is the problem .
e.g with security what is the best way to police Nigeria?
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Asour: 9:29pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:

Well I am happy to change subject.
Yes Nigeria has worsened in terms of welfare but this is predictable. In our culture every person is required to have children. If you don't you are a failed human being . Is that right? So we are heading for a population of 300 million maybe 1 billion one day
We cannot provide for all these people and a crisis is predictable especially as most are under the age of 30 with no skills to sell and no jobs and they too are making babies.
A Legislator announced baby 29 this week.
So there is an element of individual responsibility in this welfare issue
Do not make babies if you cannot provide for them

The other issue is the restructuring question. Do we have the optimal political structure in place ? Many argue that the structure and not the actors is the problem .
e.g with security what is the best way to police Nigeria?

Hahahaha!

Very true but (as they say on Twitter) we are not ready for that conversation.

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by TheSameGuy(m): 9:31pm On Jan 28, 2022
Non. I'm just praying for your quick recovery.
lexy2014:

Which of them is Tinubu in the pix?

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by colestephan86: 9:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
obembet:
Which of this Lagos State Governor has impressed you most ?

1 Bola Tinubu

2 Babatunde Fashola

3 Akinwumi Ambode

4 Babajide Sanwo-Olu
I give it to tinubu anytime any day
As we call him those days ojuyobo , na man with vision o
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by rickyrex(m): 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu is the game changer for Lagos state. He set the path that all others followed. He is the illuminator and the master planner of modern Lagos.

He moved the state internal revenue from the monthly N600million in 1999 to the over N20billion that it is today. In fact, when Tinubu re-positioned Lagos state board on internal revenue to LIRS, the Obasanjo government quickly copied the template and changed Federal board of inland revenue to FIRS.

His revenue, education, transport, health, waste management and traffic management policies have been copied by so many states all over the country and even the Federal government. That Lagos is now the 5th largest economy in Africa is to his credit.
if we had left tinubu to be ruling till now as the governor of this Lagos State, Lagos would have gone on extinction. The man carefully position his boys to tactically loot Lagos. Revenue generated 50billion, money looted by tinubu and his status governors 25billion, money used to decieve lagosians like us on infrastructures 20billion

3 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by WATCHOVER(m): 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
adekolaelect:
oga you are a confuse fellow bcs your so to call enemy is the master planer .the question is soooooo relevant but your views is irrelevant.
Only confuse people answer stvpid questions
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Nicenixon: 9:50pm On Jan 28, 2022
obembet:

Boss take us to FP

Which one be agbari Ojuku.. una no go kill person for this Nairaland

As in that comment made me laugh ehn
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Adblg0610: 9:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
muheeb01:
BRF but he has turned camera man and detective all of a sudden chai
Babatunde Fashola is the undisputed best governor of Lagos state, even some of the other state governors are copying his templates. He was the one that has redefined governance in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by rickyrex(m): 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
LegendHero:
Asiwaju Tinubu laid the framework of trying to make Lagos state independent financial wise which is one of the reason Lagos state has been on an upward trajectory since then.

Now Lagos is the only state in Nigeria that generate almost 70% of her total revenue internally. That means Lagos is non-dependent on federal allocation. A feat that was achieved through the framework of IGR system Tinubu laid.

However, Fashola exceeded expectations and if we are to be fair in this, I think he Trumps the others because he actually projected Lagos as the model state for development while building on his predecessor framework.
and even small community for Thailand get stable light pass lagos. Do you know the beauty and economic growth a 24hours stable electricity can bring to a state? Oh no you won't understand... Bro one big secret of reducing unemployment is electricity. So many dreams have gone and many are dying cause of lack of electricity. Lagos has the money and power to generate her own electricity but they will not think of that rather constructing flyover here and there. Fix light and watch how your internal generated revenue will triple. This goes to every other states. I no go mention federal government cause those ones are cursed already

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by smallsmall: 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
CoolAmbience:

It is not true that Lagos is by far more beautiful than when the British handed her over.... perhaps, you could say development has spread further away from the Island now.

If anyone is to talk of a structure that exists in Lagos, which every governor seems to be following, then that structure was created by the British...not Tinubu or anyone.

Certainly, Fashola outperformed all the other three, in terms of his administration's overall contribution to enhancing Lagos.

Even as Works and Housing Minister, Fashola has overseen the construction of over 900km of roads across all geopolitical zones and states in the country.

Imagine the whole idea around the Presidential Infrastructure Tax Initiative.. absolute brilliance!...you'd know it is his brainchild. That idea gave birth to Apapa-Oshodi-Oworonshoki Highway, Bonny-Bodo Bridge and several others.

You wouldn't hear that he's being linked to multibillon# properties or imposing relatives on the populace as Commissioner, Senator etc. He is way more disciplined, charismatic and focused.

I just don't like Tinubu's style at all....As governor, he created LASTMA and his wife's sister (Lola Akande) served on its board; the same sister in-law of his was a Commissioner under Ambode, and now under Sanwo-olu...his wife is in the Senate...his daughter is Iyaloja...he also installed Oyetola, his cousin, as governor of his state, Osun.

That is nonsense! For me, that is destructive greed and utterly disrespectful of the sensibilities of others.

You nailed it Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Horlufemi(m): 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2022
TechspeciaIist:
how you take rate sanwolu over tinubu?
Go back to the dustbin where you dumped your brain

You didn't have to insult someone that has his own opinion. It shows how badly raised you are. I pray I never have a kid like you who can't have discussions with people without insulting them.

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by placeofallure(f): 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2022
Horlufemi:
Best to last

Fashola
SanwoOlu
Tinubu
Ambode (reason for Ambode being last is he was draconian in nature, destroyed lives and properties without letting them prepare. I know plenty people who died because of his blood sucking destroying ways. He's the callous scum of the earth)

I agree with you totally. I want to squash him out?
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by seunmsg(m): 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
bewla:
Tinubu só ékó di bé bè

Ero tin reko
Elo fokan bale
Tinubu s’eko di tuntun

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by mywells: 12:55am On Jan 29, 2022
Ambode Akinwunmi best Governor ever Lagos has ever had.

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by dragunov: 3:01am On Jan 29, 2022
seunmsg:

Ero tin reko
Elo fokan bale
Tinubu s’eko di tuntun

Elo ni won fun e fun jingle, Kadoso?
If dem no gii u money for your efforts, una don waste your talent. grin Kadoso Mutairu!

2 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by samally: 3:37am On Jan 29, 2022
You asked questions and you dey answer ham
Since you know the answer why asking others for there opinion

obembet:

I think it's TINUBU, He made all of them.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"Some Criminals Paraded Themselves As Bishops" - Paul Enenche Speaks. / Violence Erupts Outside Oba Elegushi Palace, Ballot Boxes Snatched / Lagos At 50: Ambode Gives Soyinka Appointment (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.