Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) (40215 Views)

Past Leaders Of Nigeria From 1914 Till Date (Pictures) / Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons / History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2022
Fortune109:

I'm from Isale Eko!

Heaps of refuse was cleared all over Lagos during Fashola... driving in Lagos became only Sane during Fashola...

No doubt BAT may have had his own positive impacts...but I was matured enough during Fashola to see so many mess he has to clean up when he came on board...and he took over from BAT...

Isale Eko
oda
Ni bo ni agbole yin wa?

I do not want to get drawn into advocating for Tinubu.

all I can say is that What Tinubu inherited in 1999 was very different from what Fashola inherited in 2007

I am old enough to remember when there were Agbepo on Lagos Island so i can tell you the history of Lagos going back decades
Changing from Agbepo system was a huge step and there have been many changes since

To judge any governor you must appreciate what he inherited and what he left

without that information it is beer parlour talk
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Qatar2022: 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
headSmasher:
I wouldn't be surprised if this one is also from Imo state like princeoflagos that have thrown away their identity.
I really find it funny the way Yoruba people here think everybody here is igbo people

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by iamdapsyj(m): 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
obembet:

I think it's TINUBU, He made all of them.

Lalasticlala

He made all of them bawo !!.......he gave those guys opportunities because they are talented.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by oluwaahmed: 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nayturalistic:

I say bros, Na them come choke us for the Lagos.. Na them them.
Choke abi dem help your life? Where were yorubas predominantly based in lagos? Was it not yaba/Ebute-meta axis, mushin olosha, surulere, somolu and dead ikorodu and the interior villages of Ojo? The igbos & non-indegenes(like hausa and niger-deltans) developed areas from satellite- festac, Kirikiri-ajegunle, Ago, Ajao estate. Even ajangbadi - shining, alaba intl- alabaster rago these were all developed by non-indegenes yet your people will carry their rotten infested hands to come collect tax from them. That is why you guys will never govern Nigeria again. You guys are too tribal and corrupt. OBJ is the only politically detrabilized Nigerian and that's why he had massive votes in the SE and all over Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Fortune109: 5:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:

Isale Eko
oda
Ni bo ni agbole yin wa?

I do not want to get drawn into advocating for Tinubu.

all I can say is that What Tinubu inherited in 1999 was very different from what Fashola inherited in 2007

I am old enough to remember when there were Agbepo on Lagos Island so i can tell you the history of Lagos going back decades
Changing from Agbepo system was a huge step and there have been many changes since

To judge any governor you must appreciate what he inherited and what he left

without that information it is beer parlour talk

Telling you my Agbole on Nairaland undecided

Problems inherited are the usual escape route for our politicians...

I haven't said anything that's not verifiable...so how is it beer Parlour talks??
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Anazp: 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu is the game changer for Lagos state. He set the path that all others followed. He is the illuminator and the master planner of modern Lagos.

He moved the state internal revenue from the monthly N600million in 1999 to the over N20billion that it is today. In fact, when Tinubu re-positioned Lagos state board on internal revenue to LIRS, the Obasanjo government quickly copied the template and changed Federal board of inland revenue to FIRS.

His revenue, education, transport, health, waste management and traffic management policies have been copied by so many states all over the country and even the Federal government. That Lagos is now the 5th largest economy in Nigeria is to his credit.
gosh. Lagos is the largest economy in Nigeria. Go back to school
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by goody234: 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu is the game changer for Lagos state. He set the path that all others followed. He is the illuminator and the master planner of modern Lagos.

He moved the state internal revenue from the monthly N600million in 1999 to the over N20billion that it is today. In fact, when Tinubu re-positioned Lagos state board on internal revenue to LIRS, the Obasanjo government quickly copied the template and changed Federal board of inland revenue to FIRS.

His revenue, education, transport, health, waste management and traffic management policies have been copied by so many states all over the country and even the Federal government. That Lagos is now the 5th largest economy in Nigeria is to his credit.

How much was revenue collection percentage paid 14% for state compared to 1% for federal govt ?...and you talk about traffic management ..Lagos traffic jams is notorious right now if foundations were laid down then, how come it is even worse now ..lagos right now is a nightmare okadas all over blighting the state no enforcement of the law ....Some of us are not sycophants we are critical when we need to be, lagos is not the paradise you are write about all APC governors need to step up!!

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 5:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
Fortune109:

Telling you my Agbole on Nairaland undecided

Problems inherited are the usual escape route for our politicians...

I haven't said anything that's not verifiable...so how is it beer Parlour talks??
Did anyone force you to CLAIM you are from Isale Eko

an obvous lie.

Don;t tell me your agbole name 3 agboles in Isale eko

just 3
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by emaopel: 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2022
With performance of Fashola as Minister of power, it is very clear that if not for Tinubu foundation, Fashola would have been worse among them all... So, I give it to Tinubu
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by headSmasher: 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
We know the set of people harbouring untold bitterness and delusion against the Yoruba, we can sight mischievous people from afar
Qatar2022:

I really find it funny the way Yoruba people here think everybody here is igbo people

3 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by seunmsg(m): 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
sukkot:
do you mean in africa ? 5th largest in nigeria is not that impressive

In Africa. My mistake.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by membranus: 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
No. 1. Tinubu: for standing up to Obasanjo to protect AD and the West political interests.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by okewumi: 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
Forever my love for Ambode !!

(1) He introduced top notch bypass from Ojodu-Berger bridge to Isheri-magodo
(2) Created many exit at iyana oworo to ease 3rd mainland bridge up to 7up bus stop
(3) constructed Ajah Bridge, another one after iyana paja (l forgot the name of the bus stop) started Agege up to 70% before Sanwo olu took over
(4) introduced blue BRT. By now, he would have reduce activity of unruly behavior of yellow bus in Lagos.
(5) He sent away VIO, silent LASMA. This guy is just too much.

Within 4 years, we felt his impart

3 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Fortune109: 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Did anyone force you to CLAIM you are from Isale Eko

an obvous lie.

Don;t tell me your agbole name 3 agboles in Isale eko

just 3

Did I ask you to name your Abgole when you said you from Lagos?? Were you 'under the influence' when you were asking for my Agbole??

Even if I don't know any Agbole before in Isale Eko, I can simply research or ask around before answering you...

You quite amazing mate!

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
Fortune109:

Did I ask you to name your Abgole when you said you from Lagos?? Were you 'under the influence' when you were asking for my Agbole??

Even if I don't know any Agbole before in Isale Eko, I can simply research or ask around before answering you...

You quite amazing mate!
You cannot research because I will expose you

I know every singe Agbole in Isale Eko both indigenous and otherwise.

You are a liar
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Masterchef(m): 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
None of these guys should impress anyone. The current governor however seems to be the worst.

Been in Port-Harvourt for the last 2 days and I just can't believe the amazingly crazy work Wike is doing.

Any responsible SWner should be ashamed of these our governors' combined accomplishment compared to what Wike alone of the 'thieving' PDP has done and is still doing.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by hollywater: 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
seunmsg:

His revenue, education, transport, health, waste management and traffic management policies have been copied by so many states all over the country and even the Federal government. That Lagos is now the 5th largest economy in Africa is to his credit.
Ass lecker. Probably for using thugs to collect Lands that has already been bought forcing the buyers to re-buy it or lose it.Omonile ati Iya Oloja. You can only fool people that are new in Lagos or those who are ready to bear anything provided they leaves in Lagos.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Fortune109: 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
You cannot research because I will expose you

I know every singe Agbole in Isale Eko both indigenous and otherwise.

You are a liar

Oponu!

Would you say the names are wrong if I had named the Abgoles??

Also why did you turn this beautiful discussion to fight??

Can't remember anywhere I insulted you first!
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
Fortune109:

Oponu!

Would you say the names are wrong if I had named the Abgoles??

Also why did you turn this beautiful discussion to fight??

Can't remember anywhere I insulted you first!

Have I insulted you?

Stop claiming what you are not

You are not from Isale Eko

What is Isale Eko?

You people just go around making false claims

/

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Okenwajp: 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
Tinubu.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by DeepSight(m): 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
WATCHOVER:

This is what the OP want to hear that why he decided to be asking irrelevant questions and I decided not to answer because all did their own part, and just like the Bible where some claimed Paul was the greatest and others for Apollo

Its quite amazing to me how these people attribute all that Lagos is to Bola Tinubu.
Lagos, the capital of Nigeria for almost a century before 1991.
Lagos, the commercial nerve centre of the Nigerian economy: up till date, Nigeria's economic capital.
Lagos the melting pot of Nigerian enterprise of virtually every sector.

Tinubu and his successors have done their part, and one certainly does not take away due kudos from them in the least, but its mildly surprising to listen to folk speak as though everything about Lagos was contrived by, and exists because of the Tinubu legacy. That is simply not the case by any stretch of the imagination. And given Nigeria's size, Lagos, its economic nerve centre, would always have been and always will be a leading economic centre in Africa. BAT or no BAT.

cc: smallsmall

3 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Sleekfingers: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
BKayy:

See Lagos when she was handed over to Afonjas.

no be eyin oloripelebe , wan scatter my state? But , Eledumare pass una.....Lagos will continue to develop.....
Show us your state. Make we check something.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2022
Masterchef:
None of these guys should impress anyone. The current governor however seems to be the worst.

Been in Port-Harvourt for the last 2 days and I just can't believe the amazingly crazy work Wike is doing.

Any responsible SWner should be ashamed of these our governors' combined accomplishment compared to what Wike alone of the 'thieving' PDP has done and is still doing.
What has Wike done? is he the governor of Port Harcourt or Rivers State?
Specifically What has Wike achieved in Mass Transportation in PH .
What are the Mass Transit options/strategy in PH
What investment has he succeeded in attracting?
What has he done in Eleme, Bori,Oyigbo, Buguma, Bonny?
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Sleekfingers: 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2022
heniford2:
WITH HEAVY TAXES FROM ONE STATE FORMAL GOVERNOR LOOTING HIS STATE RESOURCES STEALING AND CAGI NG THEM ONE WILL ASK WHAT BUSINESS WILL THIS ONE HAVE TO OFFER,BUT THE WANT TO STEAL AGAIN!! NEVER NOT KNOW NEVER!!!
THE ARE HUNGRY WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT!! BE SMART NONE OF THEM HAS RUN A BUSINESS SUCCESSFULLY NOT EVEN THE BROWN TEETH MAN!!!

BE SMART VOTE OUK ORJI UZOR KALU TESTED AND TRUSTED A MAN OF ACTION HE WITH HIS BUSINESS AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS HE MADE "MADE IN ABA" A BRAND SOLD IN AFRICA AND THE WORLD AT LARGE, OUK IS THE LEADER WE NEED TO RESTORE TO FIX NIGERIA

©™OUK2023

Na you and your people go vote for that olofo Orji kalu.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by kingmsookwagh(m): 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2022
Still fashola.

Any day. Anytime
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by TheSameGuy(m): 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2022
lexy2014:

Are u saying Lagos was full of mad people or Are u saying he made goats out of ambode, fashola and sanwo-olu and that he laid the foundation for goats in Lagos? are u saying Tinubu was using blade to cut people's head in Lagos as a way of laying foundation?

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2022
BKayy:

See Lagos when she was handed over to Afonjas.
What is the date of that photo?
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by smallsmall: 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2022
seunmsg:

His revenue, education, transport, health, waste management and traffic management policies have been copied by so many states all over the country and even the Federal government. That Lagos is now the 5th largest economy in Africa is to his credit.

Lagos has always been a large economy, from its days as Federal Capital, with a lot of National Assets like Ports, Airport, etc.
Lagos also occupies a unique geographical location with access to the Atlantic ocean.
The Large and urban Population of Lagos is also an asset Lagos has, like no other State.

With all these, it is not rocket science that Lagos will generate a lot of IGR, far-far higher than nay other state in Nigeria, though, other states of the federation also have their own unique capability to generate IGR.

The questions about Lagos, under Tinubu's stewardship, that needs answers are:
1) How much of the Lagos IGR goes into Tinubu's private Pocket, through his Front Companies like Alpha Beta
2) How much of it has been diverted to his family members, like his daughter (Iyaloja of Lagos), his in-laws and other cronies?
3) How much of the IGR of Lagos has Tinubu surrendered to his Army of URchins and street Thugs, so he can keep using them to rig elections for himself and his anointed cronies and to foment violence on the working population of Lagos?
4) The recent deadly violence around Lagos island, is traceable to this issue of IGR, between Tinubus' Thugs in that part of town and how he has turned most Young men in the South West into Low-life Thugs who terminate human life at will, just to enrich the Tinubu Dynasty.

But we must give him credit because it takes a smart, criminal mindset to turn a whole Region of educated and enlightened people into a killing field of lazy, uneducated, Drug-infested Sreet urchins, Children that sell the Properties their Parents laboured for, just to fund their Drug habits.
That is the legacy of Tinubu in the South West.... and hopefully, Nationally. grin grin

Fashola, is by a Million Miles, the Best Governor of Lagos State since 1999 and we all remember the "war" between Tinubu and Fashola, when Tinubu tried to deny Lagosians of the service of that performing Governor, because Tinubu wanted to install another of his lackeys.

What was the cause of the acrimony? Tinubu was demanding for larger and larger percentage of Lagos IGR, to the point that the Governor was unable to discharge his duties to Lagosians. Ifnot that Lagosians threatened to vote for the opposition, Tinubu would just have thrashed Fashola and installed another Lackey that would be allowing him to pocket 85% of Lagos IGR and income.

For the position, situation and natural gifts of Lagos (People and structures), Lagos is "a very rich country" in itself but Tinubu has relocated the Treasury of Lagos in his House and he uses the Governors he appoints to direct the income of Lagos to his pocket.

Taxing the people of Lagos more is not a big deal, any authoritarian Leader can do that but the question is whether the Citizens are getting commensurate benefits for being taxed to the hilt or whether a large portion of their Tax is being stolen by their overlord?
this is the question Tinubu's lackeys online cannot answer.

4 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Fortune109: 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:

Have I insulted you?

Stop claiming what you are not

You are not from Isale Eko

What is Isale Eko?

You people just go around making false claims

/

Check our discussion history to see who started the insults first

I have absolutely nothing to proof to you...

It changes nothing in me either you believe me or not, so what's the point!

How are you sure I believe you either??

One thing I always say is, Ogun kill you if I'm not lying!
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Ugonna62: 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ambode

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by DeepSight(m): 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2022
smallsmall:

Lagos has always been a large economy, from its days as Federal Capital, with a lot of National Assets like Ports, Airport, etc.
Lagos also occupies a unique geographical location with access to the Atlantic ocean.
The Large and urban Population of Lagos is also an asset Lagos has, like no other State.

With all these, it is not rocket science that Lagos will generate a lot of IGR, far-far higher than nay other state in Nigeria, though, other states of the federation also have their own unique capability to generate IGR.

The question Lagos, under Tinubu's stewardship, needs to answer are:
1) How much of the Lagos IGR goes into Tinubu's private Pocket, through his Front Companies like Alpha Beta
2) How much of it has been diverted to his family members, like his daughter (Iyaloja of Lagos), his in-laws and other cronies?
3) How much of the IGR of Lagos has Tinubu surrendered to his Army of URchins and street Thugs, so he can keep using them to rig elections for himself and his anointed cronies and to foment violence on the working population of Lagos?
4) The recent deadly violence around Lagos island, is traceable to this issue of IGR, between Tinubus' Thugs in that part of town and how he has turned most Young men in the South West into Low-life Thugs who terminate human life at will, just to enrich the Tinubu Dynasty.

But we must give him credit because it takes a smart, criminal mindset to turn a whole Region of educated and enlightened people into a killing field of lazy, uneducated, Drug-infested Sreet urchins, Children that sell the Properties their Parents laboured for, just to fund their Drug habits.
That is the legacy of Tinubu in the South West.... and hopefully, Nationally. grin grin

Fashola, is by a Million Miles, the Best Governor of Lagos State since 1999 and we all remember the "war" between Tinubu and Fashola, when Tinubu tried to deny Lagosians of the service of that performing Governor, because Tinubu wanted to install another of his lackeys.

What was the cause of the acrimony? Tinubu was demanding for larger and larger percentage of Lagos IGR, to the point that the Governor was unable to discharge his duties to Lagosians. Ifnot that Lagosians threatened to vote for the opposition, Tinubu would just have thrashed Fashola and installed another Lackey that would be allowing him to pocket 85% of Lagos IGR and income.

For the position, situation and natural gifts of Lagos (People and structures), Lagos is "a very rich country" in itself but Tinubu has relocated the Treasury of Lagos in his House and he uses the Governors he appoints to direct the income of Lagos to his pocket.

Taxing the people of Lagos more is not a big deal, any authoritarian Leader can do that but the question is whether the Citizens are getting commensurate benefits for being taxed to the hilt or whether a large portion of their Tax is being stolen by their overlord?

May you live long and well.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 6:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
smallsmall:

The question Lagos, under Tinubu's stewardship, needs to answer are:

Lagos State was NEVER the Federal capital

just a small part of the state and that ended over 30 years ago
How come the IGR was never high throughout the time it hosted the FCT?
Lagos State is much better today than it ever was when it hosted the FCT

In 1985 in the FCT there were nighsoil men in Lagos city carrying feces in buckets,
There was nothing glorious about the governance of Lagos state under the military

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread / Man Who Fries Garri: "APC Change Is Suicide" (Photos) / ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.