Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) (40179 Views)

Past Leaders Of Nigeria From 1914 Till Date (Pictures) / Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons / History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Stanleyville(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
Omo na BAT oo ....asin Bat the ugly bird
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Sunsets: 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2022
All of them na Tinubu.
obembet:
Which of this Lagos State Governor has impressed you most ?

1 Bola Tinubu

2 Babatunde Fashola

3 Akinwumi Ambode

4 Babajide Sanwo-Olu

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by mfm04622: 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2022
pedrilo:
Ambode

The worst of them!!!!
I'm what way is Ambode comparable to Fashola? Or Tinubu? Or Ambode?
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Yonsxp: 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2022
Lagos state has always been lucky with working governors. From the time of Mobolaji Johnson,it's been forward ever.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 6:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
emaopel:
With performance of Fashola as Minister of power, it is very clear that if not for Tinubu foundation, Fashola would have been worse among them all... So, I give it to Tinubu
Not Logical

performance as Minister of Power is totally irrelevant.
Why not bring in performance as husband?
It has no bearing to his performance as governor which happened BEFORE he became Minister

You cannot judge Messi for Best Barvelona player in history based on his performance at PSG is that rational?

How do we judge the performance of a Minister of power in Nigeria? What is his mandate? How much money was his budget as Minister of power?

If we are judging governors for what happens in their states and NOT COMMISSIONERS then we must judge the President and not his ministers

2 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Dreytonisback(m): 6:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
They're all bunch of craps
Pocket warriors
The only politician I can boldly give regards to is 6feet deep
Sir Umar Musa Yar'adua.

Lights up my kpoli in peace

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Asour: 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2022
LegendHero:
Asiwaju Tinubu laid the framework of trying to make Lagos state independent financial wise which is one of the reason Lagos state has been on an upward trajectory since then.

Now Lagos is the only state in Nigeria that generate almost 70% of her total revenue internally. That means Lagos is non-dependent on federal allocation. A feat that was achieved through the framework of IGR system Tinubu laid.

However, Fashola exceeded expectations and if we are to be fair in this, I think he Trumps the others because he actually projected Lagos as the model state for development while building on his predecessor framework.

There are natural success factors that helped Lagos achieve those feats.

This is not to say no work was done. This is to say that Lagos is like no other Nigeria state hence any comparison would be unfair.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by ShadowCracker(m): 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:

Isale Eko
oda
Ni bo ni agbole yin wa?

I do not want to get drawn into advocating for Tinubu.

all I can say is that What Tinubu inherited in 1999 was very different from what Fashola inherited in 2007

I am old enough to remember when there were Agbepo on Lagos Island so i can tell you the history of Lagos going back decades
Changing from Agbepo system was a huge step and there have been many changes since

To judge any governor you must appreciate what he inherited and what he left

without that information it is beer parlour talk
My agbole is Epe cheesy.
I am from Epe.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by shonepa(m): 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2022
Go back to ur state na....mou foe

[q1uote author=BKayy post=109762768]
LOL. You my dear is a funny individual. Which Igbo that literally came from Atlanttis (Igboland) will want to die over Lagos of all places?
Anyways, Lagos that was handed over to you people to mess up comprises of Ikoyi, Lekki and the entire Island.

The mainland especially Ikorodu that was built with Afonjas mediocrity doesn't need evidence to tell that it was not part of the original Lagos.

As for Igboland, see what we were able to turn Umuahia and Enugu to without anybodys help.
Awka, Abakaliki, Owerri and Asaba are available on request though.[/quote]
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2022
ShadowCracker:

My agbole is Epe cheesy.
I am from Epe.

Epe is an agbole?
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by kay29000(m): 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
The people saying Ambode are obviously Tinubu haters...They only mention his name because the man had beef with Tinubu. Lol!

For me, I would say Fashola.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by ShadowCracker(m): 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Epe is an agbole?
Epe is an Lga.

What is agbole sef I don't really know, is Mafoluku in Oshodi an Agbole.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by ShadowCracker(m): 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Epe is an agbole?
My agbole in Epe is bado-isale cheesy.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 6:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
ShadowCracker:

Epe is an Lga.

What is agbole sef I don't really know, is Mafoluku in Oshodi an Agbole.
Nnamdi Kanu is Agbole
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by ShadowCracker(m): 6:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Nnamdi Kanu is Agbole
I agree cool.

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Amerengues2: 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2022
Tinubu
Sanwo-Olu
Fashola
Ambode
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 7:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
Asour:

There are natural success factors that helped Lagos achieve those feats.

This is not to say no work was done. This is to say that Lagos is like no other Nigeria state hence any comparison would be unfair.
Why did Lagos not achieve it before 1999? WHEN it hosted the FCT

Why has Abuja not achieved it?

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Aaaq: 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2022
Hmmm
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Lamasta(m): 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
They are just trying to market Tinubu by all means......

Lagos has been existing before Tinubu and will continue to exist after Tinubu so all this he made them all is just trash......
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by smallsmall: 7:32pm On Jan 28, 2022
My responses are in Red, Sir.

aribisala0:

Lagos State was NEVER the Federal capital

Semantics! Lagos was the seat of Govt during the Colonial era and immediately after independence, it continued to be the Capital of Nigeria.
Google will be of assistance in this case.

just a small part of the state and that ended over 30 years ago
You are contradicting yourself Sir. Lagos was either a Capital City (back then), or it is not. You can pick and chose.

How come the IGR was never high throughout the time it hosted the FCT?
Lagos State is much better today than it ever was when it hosted the FCT

IGR is always increasing for every State of Nigeria, but some have increased at a faster rate than others. Same thing with development but if you really ask me, as someone who has lived in Lagos in the 60's and 70's, l can tell you that THE QUALITY of LIFE in Lagos back then, was better than it is TODAY and the same goes for every other state in Nigeria. Back then, you can leave your door open overnight, back then, you can put a small child in a Public transport(LMTS) or ask him to walk to school, without fear of being kidnapped for Rituals. Back then, you can start the foundation work of your House without the descendant of Onikoyi or Kosoko bringing Cutlass to your property, asking for humongous amount, because they are Tinubu's street Urchins! Back then, there was nothing like Okada, we rode in descent public Buses, if you dont have a car and Lagos was not as dirty as this.
I presume you are not yet around in these good old days hence you may be forgiven, for not knowing the difference but please do ask around from those where were around in that age.

In 1985 in the FCT there were nighsoil men in Lagos city carrying feces in buckets,
There was nothing glorious about the governance of Lagos state under the military

The military is an aberration in governance but l can tell you, even as a dire lover of Democracy, that the worst military Govt in Nigeria (and theh military were terrible in government!), is far better than the best Govt we call "Demonstration-of-Crase" in Nigeria
If you check it out, the best things in Nigeria, even as of today, after 20yrs of uninterrupted Civilian rule (not Democracy though), were done under the military dictatorship.
How many refineries have Civilian Govts built in the last 20yrs?
How come a civilian Govt has been UNABLE to the 4th Mainland Bridge in the last 20yrs since Tinubu has been drawing it on a Video board? grin
Look at our roads today, look at inner city roads, street roads and tell me if their comatose situation was the case, in 1976? (we still have roads built in the 70's, still functional today, compared to the rubbish that these Poli-thief-cians are constructing.

As much as l loath military regimes, they are better than the criminals-cum Politicians we have entrusted our destinies with, in the name od DEMOCRACY

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Landkoluwaseun: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2022
4 Babajide Sanwo-Olu
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 7:35pm On Jan 28, 2022
smallsmall:
My responses are in Red, Sir.

As much as l loath military regimes, they are better than the criminals-cum Politicians we have entrusted our destinies with, in the name od DEMOCRACY

Sorry I cannot wade through that if you want me to respond I will

put your response outside the quote
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by smallsmall: 7:41pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Not Logical

performance as Minister of Power is totally irrelevant.
Why not bring in performance as husband?
It has no bearing to his performance as governor which happened BEFORE he became Minister

You cannot judge Messi for Best Barvelona player in history based on his performance at PSG is that rational?

How do we judge the performance of a Minister of power in Nigeria? What is his mandate? How much money was his budget as Minister of power?

If we are judging governors for what happens in their states and NOT COMMISSIONERS then we must judge the President and not his ministers

I agree with you absolutely.
Ministerial appointments are done on Federal Character basis and especially under an Principal that is not progressive, Fashola can only do as much as his Principal will allow him.
The Cabals that have the ears and assurances of the President did everything to frustrate Fashola in that job, not to mention that the duo of Atiku and Hell Rufai, as Head of BPE and "Privatisation Agency", had already sold and tied the hands of anyone who occupies that post and made them beholden to the Cabals they sold "PHCN to, [b]through "Binding Contracts", after collecting their own share of kickbacks[/b]

Fashola is cranial, just like "StarBoy" PYO though, l think he is more decisive than even PYO, these are the type of guys l hope to see as President, in Civilian Govt, not all these recycled garbage that are currently fronting their selfish ambition.

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by smallsmall: 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Sorry I cannot wade through that if you want me to respond I will

put your response outside the quote

Between "Black text" and "Red text", l am sure that two-colour separation should not be that much challenge, for a good Eye.
But it is not compulsory that you respond, that is your liberty Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2022
smallsmall:

I agree with you absolutely.
Ministerial appointments are done on Federal Character basis and especially under an Principal that is not progressive, Fashola can only do as much as his Principal will allow him.
The Cabals that have the ears and assurances of the President did everything to frustrate Fashola in that job, not to mention that the duo of Atiku and Hell Rufai, as Head of BPE and "Privatisation Agency", had already sold and tied the hands of anyone who occupies that post and made them beholden to the Cabals they sold "PHCN to, [b]through "Binding Contracts", after collecting their own share of kickbacks[/b]

Fashola is cranial, just like "StarBoy" PYO though, l think he is more decisive than even PYO, these are the type of guys l hope to see as President, in Civilian Govt, not all these recycled garbage that are currently fronting their selfish ambition.
I do not particularly want to hold the forte for Fashola but the perennial nature of the power problem is such that no Minister can fix it.

It is a Presidential issue . Unfortunately Buhari had no vision for the sector.
FASHOLA HOWEVER MUST TAKE STICK for saying it was an easy problem to fix

It is not a problem that can be fixed without money. Ultimately who makes revenue allocation decisions in the budget in this government?

I am not a huge fan of praising Ministers. The blame and praise should go to the President just like it is with the governors . No one is crediting the commissioner of Works in Rivers state for Wike's flyovers

2 Likes

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by smallsmall: 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2022
BKayy:

LOL. You my dear is a funny individual. Which Igbo that literally came from Atlanttis (Igboland) will want to die over Lagos of all places?
Anyways, Lagos that was handed over to you people to mess up comprises of Ikoyi, Lekki and the entire Island.

The mainland especially Ikorodu that was built with Afonjas mediocrity doesn't need evidence to tell that it was not part of the original Lagos.

As for Igboland, see what we were able to turn Umuahia and Enugu to without anybodys help.
Awka, Abakaliki, Owerri and Asaba are available on request though.

Stay focused.
Stop comparing Lagos to all those places!
I am sure you dont have an idea of how many people relocate from those places, to their Eldorado called LAGOS, on a daily basis.

And there is no need for insults on this discussion, just state your position, support it with facts
FACTS dont lie, so let us keep it real.

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Tareq1105: 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2022
obembet:

I think it's TINUBU, He made all of them.

Lalasticlala

God bless you. He made all of them hence he's number one.
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by gosmoney(m): 7:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
ZKOSOSO:
AMBODE......AMBO....!

The rest are sweetmouthed thieves like Fashola who was running his mouth in 2014 on fixing electricity in 6 months bla bla bla. He was made Power Minister and worsened the power supply up.
Today power supply is worst since 1960 around Abuja main districts.

has governor of Lagos State not minister oga read well
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Asour: 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Why did Lagos not achieve it before 1999? WHEN it hosted the FCT

Why has Abuja not achieved it?

Abuja is NOT a Nigerian state. You should know this. It's not a 'normal' place. It was never to/can never Jostle with Lagos as a commercial capital. So no comparisons here. In terms of planning, Abuja is /was better planned than Lagos — Oh I said no comparisons.

As for why Lagos was not better before 1999?
This shouldn't be a question as Lagos was already ahead of [most] Nigerian states before 1999.
Don't you know this?

1 Like

Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 8:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
Asour:

Abuja is NOT a Nigerian state. You should know this. It's not a 'normal' place. It was never to/can never Jostle with Lagos as a commercial capital. So no comparisons here. In terms of planning, Abuja is /was better planned than Lagos — Oh I said no comparisons.

As for why Lagos was not better before 1999?
This shouldn't be a question as Lagos was already ahead of [most] Nigerian states before 1999.
Don't you know this?
Lagos the Former Federal capital is NOT A NIGERIAN STATE
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by Asour: 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Lagos the Former Federal capital is NOT A NIGERIAN STATE

That why we were comparing Lagos since 1999.

Wasn't it you that asked the comparison question about before 1999? I never did. You did.

I said since 1999 (even before) Lagos has (due to no magic of any) racked up several advantages that puts it ahead of virtually all Nigerian states from the word go.

Is this even debatable?
Re: The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
There is a difference between a plan and a dream

A plan is not a dream . Educate yourself on that
There is a Masterplan authored by Tinubu's administration that is still alive today

Are you from Lagos State?

I can proudly tell you I am

All Lagosian and even further afield acknowledge the impact of Tinubu from 1999

He implemented the BRT
The LASTMA
The LAWMA

Do you agree?

Anyway I am on record as opposed to Tinubu's presidential ambition and do not want to be seen as advocating for such

But there is no one alive that has contributed more to to the progress of Lagos State since 1999 than Tinubu.

Pls what is this "masterplan" you say Tinubu authored? Kindly share details. Is it a plan that has never been seen in the history of Lagos until Tinubu showed up?

How is Tinubu the only who has contributed more to Lagos than anyone alive since 1999?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Uduak Onofiok-Luke Kneels To Thank Husband After Bagging Degree (PICS) / Scandalous Brawl In The Villa: Daily Trust Editorial / Simon Ekpa Declares Sit At Home Across Eastern Nigeria Tomorrow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.