Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term (12633 Views)

I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / 2023: I Will Consult My Constituency Before I Resign – Ngige On Buhari’s Order / Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by Islie: 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2022

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, says he will consult Lagosians before making a decision on whether to run for a second term in office in the 2023 general elections or not.

The governor made this known on Friday while featuring on Channels Television’s ‘Sunrise Daily’ programme monitored by The PUNCH.

The 56-year-old governor, who assumed office in May 2019, would be completing his first term in office by May 2023, and he is constitutionally permitted to be in office for one more term of four years if the electorate so decide.

Sanwo-Olu had clinched the ticket of the All Progressives Congress for the 2019 governorship election in Lagos defeating the then governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, who was in office for just a term.

Ambode, the first Lagos governor to stay in office for four years since the return to democracy in 1999, was said to have been kicked out due to intra-party squabbles after APC leader and strong man of Lagos politics, Bola Tinubu, anointed Sanwo-Olu.

The PUNCH had reported that Sanwo-Olu backed Tinubu’s presidential ambition on Thursday, saying the ex-governor of Lagos between 1999 and 2007 is the most capable individual to succeed the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) in May 2023.

Asked during the television programme on Friday about his political future and whether he has a plan for a second term as Lagos governor, Sanwo-Olu said, “As we speak, we’ve done two-thirds of our time, about 66 per cent because we count it every day. The field is not open yet; the race has not been declared open but for me, this four years that I have promised my citizens, I put in every bit of my sweat into it.”

Continuing, Sanwo-Olu marked the script of his administration as “doing a very good job”, adding that the citizens would decide whether to allow his cabinet complete what it started.

“I will ask, I will consult, that is how you get it done, keep your focus on, try and finish very strong. When it is time for us to all of the politicking, we will do it,” he said of the 2023 governorship election in the state.
https://punchng.com/second-term-what-i-will-do-before-making-my-decision-known-sanwo-olu/

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by Michelle70(m): 1:34pm On Jan 28, 2022
Na so, first tenure them go serve, 2nd tenure is for looting of treasury

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by PrinceOfLagos: 1:35pm On Jan 28, 2022
Sanwo Eko, Tinubu ATM machine

The blood of the EndSars protesters you called the military to shoot at Lekki toll gate still crying for justice

Get ready to vacate that seat after the expiration of your first term misrule of our beloved Lagos

Eko O ni baje

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by Righteousness2(m): 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
Sanwolu has performed well above average. Especially in the Wisdom displayed in handling the Covid Plandemic lockdowns and lock ups.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by headSmasher: 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by helinues: 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
grin cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by helinues: 1:40pm On Jan 28, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Get ready to vacate that seat after the expiration of your first term misrule

Would something happen to you if you did not mention Tinubu in any of your comments? Just curious

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by PrinceOfLagos: 1:41pm On Jan 28, 2022
helinues:

Would something happen to you if you did not mention Tinubu in any of your comments? Just curious
How is Tinubu related to you ?

64 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by helinues: 1:45pm On Jan 28, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

So Tinubu stole the money belonging to your family? Your state or your region?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by PrinceOfLagos: 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2022
helinues:

So Tinubu stole the money belonging to your family? Your state or your region?

I am Ibile and Lagos is my state

Where are you from ?

55 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by helinues: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

I am Ibile and Lagos is my state

Where are you from ?

If according to you, your dad is from Osun state ( On record on this NL) and your mom is from Imo state, confirmed by you, how is it possible for you to be an Ibile in Lagos state.

That's one of the problem with liars, liars don't have enough time to have a deep thought about their lies, they have no choice than to use another lies to cover the one on ground. The cycle continues.

How I wish you could get eyes pushing

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by PrinceOfLagos: 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
helinues:

If according to you, your dad is from Osun state ( On record on this NL) and your mom is from Imo state, confirmed by you, how is it possible for you to be an Ibile in Lagos state.

That's one of the problem with liars, liars don't have enough time to have a deep thought about their lies, they have no than use use another lies to cover the one on ground. The cycle continues.

How I wish you could get eyes pushing

You didn't answer my question... Where are you from ?

Guy, I get your receipt plenty for hand

47 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by Jostoman: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

grin

16 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2022
In as much as you don't offend the elders like Ambode; you will win the second term like Fashola.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by todaynewsreview: 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2022
Okay oh
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by JosephXavier: 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nobody:

Absolutely Nobody:

Buhari: Nigerians begged me to become their president

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by rocknation62(m): 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2022
Oga sanwo-olu we no be Oracle

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by Akinsete19(m): 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2022
Lol, no cold feeling, but I can never vote for any Nigeria politician twice.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by Gadafii: 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2022
Baba point and kill, lagosians wey you killfor toll gate abi

Lagosians no send ur papa, without the federal might, in a free and fair election, you can't win

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by omowolewa: 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2022
Who is the Lagosians

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by Elidrisy20: 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2022
Go and consult Tinubu first

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by teejayreal(m): 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
The masses are IFA oracle na. Na why him consult them. Make we do ourselves in this country
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by dabeto: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
Consult with Lagosians or with Tinubu undecided

14 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by hisexcellency34: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
Do you have a say? Remember this man oooo

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by Nicepoker(m): 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
Just consult El yellow teeth. That's all. grin

10 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by Bashir75: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

The blood of the EndSars protesters you called the military to shoot at Lekki toll still crying for justice

WHAT IS THE ATM OF THE SOUTHEAST / IGBOLAND? FARUDULENTS PEOPLE. I GO ATTACK YOU OOOO.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by Factfinder1(m): 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
lagosians or Oba Tinubu of lagos

10 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Consult Lagosians Before Deciding On A Second Term by jojothunder: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

The blood of the EndSars protesters you called the military to shoot at Lekki toll still crying for justice

Please he was not the one that called the army..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra State Wins President's Inter-Secondary School Debate Championship / Bola Tinubu's Democracy Day Message To Nigerians / Peter Obi: Nigerians Can’t Continue To Live In Mutual Suspicion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.