Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry (2212 Views)

What Would You Do If Your Parents Reject The Partner You Love So Much? / Tell Us About The Overly Religious Person You Dated Or Are Still Dating. / I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by DanielAlhassan(m): 2:22am On Jan 29, 2022
What will you do if your parents
Reject the person you want to
Marry ?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:38am On Jan 29, 2022
DanielAlhassan:
Marry ?
Let your parents keep joking and deceiving themselves around then..
I can't even imagine a grown up asking his parents for permission to marry someone you love.. undecided undecided

Are they the one getting married or you?if they keep rejecting then let them stay clear off your marriage simple..

Go for what you want and stop making yourself so uncomfortable cos of what people are gonna say..

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by WetinIsabi: 3:10am On Jan 29, 2022
DanielAlhassan:
Marry ?

This is a serious question. Surprisingly, I have never thought about it. I guess I will have no choice but to obey mummy and daddy! cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Odetokun3(m): 3:25am On Jan 29, 2022
Own your choice. They can go and GTFO. Every mallam with hin kettle
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:27am On Jan 29, 2022
WetinIsabi:

This is a serious question. Surprisingly, I have never thought about it. I guess I will have no choice but to obey mummy and daddy! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Then you will be destroying yourself..ain't you an adult..are they the one in the marriage or you? undecided

Better start Makin decisions and stand by them..
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Dammyseyon(m): 3:32am On Jan 29, 2022
As odd as this sounds, it is presently happening to me. My mum is having issues with the lady I'm seeing because of a long time family feud, but I'm standing my ground. I decide my future with God when it comes to who to marry, not my mum or dad.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by WetinIsabi: 3:39am On Jan 29, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Then you will be destroying yourself..ain't you an adult..are they the one in the marriage or you? undecided

Better start Makin decisions and stand by them..

In case you don't know, you need the blessings of your parents to succeed in life. Getting their approval matters a lot. The parents must be pleased with the choice made for everything to move smoothly. Any thing otherwise is a recipe for disaster. cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by 99thEnemy(m): 3:44am On Jan 29, 2022
By the time she start born them go follow me go see her people... Nonsense and ingredient with extra pepper

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:48am On Jan 29, 2022
WetinIsabi:

In case you don't know, you need the blessings of your parents to succeed in life. Getting their approval matters a lot. The parents must be pleased with the choice made for everything to move smoothly. Any thing otherwise is a recipe for disaster. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Says who? undecided
So if they say you shouldn't get married to who you love you will say cos of blessing you rather stay that way? grin grin

This ain't some bible folk tale..this is reality..
Blessing or no blessing stand your ground and go for what you want..
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Totilopussylick(m): 4:09am On Jan 29, 2022
WetinIsabi:

What an obedient child you are smiley

Until gray hair begin to grow on your head before you realizes you don't have time tongue.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Snapchat: 4:10am On Jan 29, 2022
To start with, I do not have problematic parents; but assuming they do not like my choice of a life partner, I’ll try to make them understand why I want to marry that person. If they no not agree, I’ll ask them why; and if their reason is convincing enough I’ll have to break up with her. If it’s not convincing enough, I’ll probably stick with her but there won’t be a wedding, and to be honest, I preface it that way.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by arthurwillia(m): 4:33am On Jan 29, 2022
Dammyseyon:
As odd as this sounds, it is presently happening to me. My mum is having issues with the lady I'm seeing because of a long time family feud, but I'm standing my ground. I decide my future with God when it comes to who to marry, not my mum or dad.

How ar you handling it please
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Munzy14(m): 4:40am On Jan 29, 2022
Dammyseyon:
Maintain your stand, soon or later they all will adjust and warm up to your choice.

Who choose is your choice and your happiness..Your parents are just there..Who choose is where you obtain favour.

In this modern age, parents should have a rethink...And old family feud shouldn't be a barrier now.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Munzy14(m): 4:44am On Jan 29, 2022
DanielAlhassan:
Marry ?
If the reason isn't caste system predominantly in South East or a generational problem with the person's family, I won't buy that...

I just have to let them be in my shoes and understand the angle perfectly..

It means I will have a conviction work to do ahead..
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Fiscus105(m): 5:51am On Jan 29, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Let your parents keep joking and deceiving themselves around then..
I can't even imagine a grown up asking his parents for permission to marry someone you love.. undecided undecided

Are they the one getting married or you?if they keep rejecting then let them stay clear off your marriage simple..

Go for what you want and stop making yourself so uncomfortable cos of what people are gonna say..

I pray you won't know the truth after getting to the grave.

Out of 20 people (guy and lady) that parents opposed their partners ,19 turned to be genuine reasons and those who are strong headed, always regret it in future.

What an old man would see sitting down, youth cannot see it even if he/she climbs iroko tree.

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:20am On Jan 29, 2022
Fiscus105:

I pray you won't know the truth after getting to the grave.

Out of 20 people (guy and lady) that parents opposed their partners 19 turned to be genuine reasons and those who are strong headed, always regret it in future.

What an old would see sitting down, youth cannot see it even if he/she climbs iroko tree.
Regret what?you can't keep deceiving yourself..
I repeat if you are being asked to cancel a marriage cos of your parent will you? undecided
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by uthlaw: 6:26am On Jan 29, 2022
Dammyseyon:
bros no love anywhere,just obey ur mum!
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Sonnobax15(m): 6:30am On Jan 29, 2022
lipsrsealed
Mennnnnnnn,a similar thing is currently happening here in my fami.. It's a long story tho...But there's one particular village here in Delta state that my dad and my elder sister have warned my brothers and I never to marry from......And like seriously, we've been sticking to that......To the extent that I met a girl who came from that village last year..She was a very caring girl,and I really loved her..But only the thoughts that I'm not gonna settle down with her las las due to the feud we've with her village entirely,na once I cut the relationship rope before e go strong finish like hausa rope undecided
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by WetinIsabi: 8:18am On Jan 29, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Says who? undecided
So if they say you shouldn't get married to who you love you will say cos of blessing you rather stay that way? grin grin

This ain't some bible folk tale..this is reality..
Blessing or no blessing stand your ground and go for what you want..

Its about getting it right. And the right way to a blissful life is to honor your father and mother. Seeking their approval is part of honoring them. Don't lose sight of this

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by WetinIsabi: 8:20am On Jan 29, 2022
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Mennnnnnnn,a similar thing is currently happening here in my fami.. It's a long story tho...But there's one particular village here in Delta state that my dad and my elder sister have warned my brothers and I never to marry from......And like seriously, we've been sticking to that......To the extent that I met a girl who came from that village last year..She was a very caring girl,and I really loved her..But only the thoughts that I'm not gonna settle down with her las las due to the feud we've with her village entirely,na once I cut the relationship rope before e go strong finish like hausa rope undecided

Hope it's not obomkpa? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Boogyman557: 8:25am On Jan 29, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters on top real MATTERZ

WTF MAN
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Sonnobax15(m): 8:25am On Jan 29, 2022
WetinIsabi:

Hope it's not obomkpa? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't get you undecided
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Divoc19(f): 8:29am On Jan 29, 2022
Weigh their reasons and decide to continue if I want. Then, I'll be responsible for my decision
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by helinues: 8:37am On Jan 29, 2022
My parents can't...

I am in charge of my life not them
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:47am On Jan 29, 2022
WetinIsabi:

Its about getting it right. And the right way to a blissful life is to honor your father and mother. Seeking their approval is part of honoring them. Don't lose sight of this
No one says you shouldn't seek their approval but if they are bent on rejecting then let them be and move on.. wink
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by Itohanmiwa: 9:00am On Jan 29, 2022
If both my parents should reject you. Na bye bye be that. However if one should oppose I will find out why and weigh the reason(s) very well and then decide what to do.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by WetinIsabi: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2022
Sonnobax15:
Don't get you undecided

The town in Delta state
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by WetinIsabi: 9:10am On Jan 29, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

No one says you shouldn't seek their approval but if they are bent on rejecting then let them be and move on.. wink

If they reject the person, then A God fearing person should obey

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:12am On Jan 29, 2022
WetinIsabi:

If they reject the person, then A God fearing person should obey
What kind of mentality do you have tho?
So your parents will keep throwing you around while you keep obeying them? undecided undecided shocked
I laugh you..
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by WetinIsabi: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

What kind of mentality do you have tho?
So your parents will keep throwing you around while you keep obeying them? undecided undecided shocked
I laugh you..

Rejecting my love interest is not equivalent to throwing me around. Marriage is one of the things that can either make or marr the destiny of an individual. It is a very delicate and spiritual matter that should be approached with caution. The parental approval is essential and if it is not given, the best thing is to accept it and move on with life
Re: What Will You Do If Your Parents Reject The Person You Want To Marry by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:19am On Jan 29, 2022
WetinIsabi:

Rejecting my love interest is not equivalent to throwing me around. Marriage is one of the things that can either make or marr the destiny of an individual. It is a very delicate and spiritual matter that should be approached with caution. The parental approval is essential and if it is not given, the best thing is to accept it and move on with life
Ok then..if that's the way you want it.. good for you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Date A Girl That Smokes Weed?? / What Exactly Do Nigerian Men Bring To The Table Apart From Money? / PHOTOS: Women Protest In Abuja Over Election Results, Threaten To Go Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.