Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges (18962 Views)

The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians / N52.5 ATM Maintenance Fee / UBA Bans The Use Of ATM For Some Transaction Such As Betting And Many Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Asour: 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
FarmWay:
This Igbo man is the grace in this callous junta we are in at present in this country...

Give Igbo man a to rule Nigeria and see massive transformation

But people & not tribes now.
People are individuals.

Generally Igbo states (safe for efforts of private individuals) are not different from other states in governance.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Arijude(m): 6:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
Election is coming and they need what they will use to campaign. Foolish Nigerians will still think they care for them and fall for their scam again. Idiots!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by FireUpNow(m): 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
The debit card maintenance deductions is what I hate most. Also the rate these pos people charge too is something outrageous that needs to be looked into. The POS guy in my area can cut off your jugular vein without blinking an eye.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by RPG2020(m): 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2022
You don't bank for free

Anywhere in the world ask people them go tell you

1 Like

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Nitah1: 7:01pm On Jan 31, 2022
The bank called

GUARANTEED TRUST BANK also known as GTBANK won't be happy with this news.

Because of their criminal activities I have refused to pick my ATM card from their bank...make I see how them go remove maintenance fees for my account again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Tapout(m): 7:01pm On Jan 31, 2022
Edoreborn:
Seriously bro,,they removes more than 1k from my acct every month in d name of sms charges..UBA ooo

Na nysc force me open account with UBA else nothing concern me and them. I wanted to retain it after my service but their ridiculous charges made me change my mind. My account sef dey negative value because of charges. When i have time, I'll walk into one of their branches and instruct them to close the account.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by sevo(m): 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
FireUpNow:
The debit card maintenance deductions is what I hate most. Also the rate these pos people charge too is something outrageous that needs to be looked into. The POS guy in my area can cut off your jugular vein without blinking an eye.

Na by force to use him pos?? If you notice say the guy dey overcharge, walk away nah...or better still, go use bank ATM machine....
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by yokiti: 7:07pm On Jan 31, 2022
postbox:

https://brandspurng.com/2022/01/31/cbn-commences-removal-of-atm-maintenance-fees-and-reducing-bank-charges/

I am surprised this is being taken as new development; these charges have been in place since year 2020 I guess.

These news channel/ media houses have to do better in their information dissemination.

Below is a vanguard newspaper link to the earlier realities.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/ndic-calls-for-more-customer-enlightened-on-bank-charges/amp/

1 Like

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Confirmedzombie: 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2022
Let them removed the ATM maintenance fees and ATM withdrawal fees plus every other charges relating to ATM transactions.

Let them also removed POS charges by POS Operators.

Let banks be the ones to pay the POS operators.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Owen247: 7:10pm On Jan 31, 2022
Edoreborn:
Seriously bro,,they removes more than 1k from my acct every month in d name of sms charges..UBA ooo
I tire oo. Imagine say CBN talk #10 but Accessbank will collect #10.78kobo for transfer and acct balance check.keep money for ur acct and come back months leta,u wnt see any tangile shit in ur acct,na wa ooh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by shedy03(m): 7:16pm On Jan 31, 2022
ClassicMG:
GTBank now send multiple sms for a single transaction just so they can charge you big amount.
GTbank frequently charge me stamp duty of 50 naira whenever I do a transaction of 20k and above, do you also suffer this?
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Owen247: 7:17pm On Jan 31, 2022
Earthquakes:
God punish fgn and all the charges..

You can't believe that zenith Bank deducted 900 plus from me yesterday without any alert, I noticed the disparity and called them and the customer service girl with their usual annoying voice was like
"Am sorry sir for the inconveniences, we don't send alerts for SMS and email charges"
Thieves
same wit me and firstbank 1K Every month, i have tried and tried to ...... It.But am now tired.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by mfm04622: 7:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
FarmWay:
This Igbo man is the grace in this callous junta we are in at present in this country...

Let the transformation start from states being governed by Igbos. Or the governors in SE not Igbos?!

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by SenecaTheYonger: 7:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
Maybe that’s why banks are stealing peoples money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Great0ne1: 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by mechanics(m): 7:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nice one.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Brian47(m): 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2022
The kind money UBA remove from my account eh.
That was how I was saving my last 1k and they turn it to 947 naria.
I almost cried.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by skywalker240(m): 7:38pm On Jan 31, 2022
ugodson:
So NAIRALAND una fit dey give better news like this? Una Weldon o. Thanks for the good news
Election don near, expect so so so Greek gifts
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by topoftheworld(m): 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2022
I have #2,035 in my acc on Sunday, went to ATM this morning to withdraw 2k to hold body, boom, my acc balance is now #1,915,
I'm still wondering till now.

Naija banks is another thief after Politicians.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by lesbiconverter: 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2022
FCMB and Access Bank will still find a way to deduct money

1 Like

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Pearlqueen(f): 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2022
yokiti:

I am surprised this is being taken as new development; these charges have been in place since year 2020 I guess.

These news channel/ media houses have to do better in their information dissemination.

Below is a vanguard newspaper link to the earlier realities.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/ndic-calls-for-more-customer-enlightened-on-bank-charges/amp/
You're the only one who has a good brain from others that have commented before you.

I don't see why this is news because almost everything mentioned here has been the same since early 2021.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by aperture11: 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2022
FarmWay:

I'm responding not because of the tribe mentioned but the person.

Emiefele is one of the reasons our economic downturn has been massive. His knee-jerk policies instead of doing what most Central Bank Governor's around the world do by testing models and sticking to the one with the best outcome is the reason our inflation rate is this high.
For example: In the morning, you can't withdraw dollars, afternoon diaspora remittances reduced (which he should have known), evening you can withdraw dollars now and we will even pay you N5 per dollar.

Most useless CBN Gov ever. He has been Gov since 2014 which also coincides with the worst period in our Economic outlook. That about says it all.
This does not absorb this FG in anyway.

God bless Soludo.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by RealisticGirl(f): 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2022
Yes they also did something to me yesterday, mine was 1k without any alert, that's stealing.
Our banking system is messed up ,and that's too bad.
Earthquakes:
God punish fgn and all the charges..

You can't believe that zenith Bank deducted 900 plus from me yesterday without any alert, I noticed the disparity and called them and the customer service girl with their usual annoying voice was like
"Am sorry sir for the inconveniences, we don't send alerts for SMS and email charges"
Thieves
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by themanderon: 7:51pm On Jan 31, 2022
After fleecing Nigerians for 7yrs they think they can hoodwink them by doing a few good deeds? Well, some of my people have proven to be simpletons so they will surely fall for this.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Randerl: 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2022
Loewe:
When Emefiele allowed a free-for-all customer exploitation by banks, a lot of people didn't know the implications. After 7 years, they now want to readopt the Sanusi policy? Joker...

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is the best thing to happen to our banking sector. I will also give Soludo credits for championing the bank recapitalisation.

SLS, the Best CBN Governor. Others rouges.

Land Banking and Properties is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by duruokpu(m): 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
Zenith bank has finished me
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by MartinsD12(m): 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2022
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
Randerl:

SLS, the Best CBN Governor. Others rouges.

Land Banking and Properties is the way to go.

Honestly, no cap! That man was just fantastic.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 31, 2022
Yes, yes, yes!!!
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by kennypoju(m): 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
Naija banks all na scam me don wise up long time leave naija bank for international bank. am at peace since I stop using naija bank
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Micmuzac: 9:02pm On Jan 31, 2022
election is around the corner they are relaxing APC extortion mechanisms, ko le work Nigerians are wiser, nothing can change our resolve it have do come and be going
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Uchek(m): 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2022
Which Igboman? CBN governor is a monumental failure.

FarmWay:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) / Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens / Must I Join An Association Before Operating My Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.