Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges (18981 Views)

The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians / N52.5 ATM Maintenance Fee / UBA Bans The Use Of ATM For Some Transaction Such As Betting And Many Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Naanlong01: 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
Edoreborn:
Seriously bro,,they removes more than 1k from my acct every month in d name of sms charges..UBA ooo

UBA is so annoying with this. Just about a month ago I entered one of their branches to request for deactivation of alert on my account so they will stop charging me unendingly,they tried to convince me otherwise,but failed. Finally I was given a form to fill and also write a letter,all which did. I was surprised to discover that these Crooks after a month,stopped sending me alert but were still charging me,I know this because I use their app which makes monitoring my account easy. I am planning to go again and confront them with the fact.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by snoopz: 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
Abeeg When will it come into existence?
Na naija we dey o, rules dey take years to be enforced o
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Omoluabiii(m): 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2022
Oshei baami, wa gbayi
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Johnnonye(m): 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2022
It has nothing to do with Igbo man who ever that is there should work for betterment of the citizens
FarmWay:
This Igbo man is the grace in this callous junta we are in at present in this country...

Give Igbo man a to rule Nigeria and see massive transformation
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by diana158(m): 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
I though I was the only one noticing it, this is the current rate. No new thing there.
yokiti:

I am surprised this is being taken as new development; these charges have been in place since year 2020 I guess.

These news channel/ media houses have to do better in their information dissemination.

Below is a vanguard newspaper link to the earlier realities.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/ndic-calls-for-more-customer-enlightened-on-bank-charges/amp/
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by donhils: 10:46pm On Jan 31, 2022
Ok I'm confused here because I can't find any reductions here. ATM charges after 3 times have been N35 since, so where was it reduced? Transfers of less than 5k have been taking N10 charge and all these things here are pretty much the same to me
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by 21savages: 10:53pm On Jan 31, 2022
Synburd:
At times you will see their debit alert and nearly collapse. Imagining alert that deduct ₦200 from ₦5000 balance and d said amount is needed.
after trekking to the bank to withdraw the 6k my bros sent me to give his wife, zenithbank debited #400+ un-noticed.. I felt so paranoid cux shi ship i no get.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by bablon20(m): 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
I'll suggest the N2,000,000 fine should be paid to the customer that the bank charged erroneously.

1 Like

Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Hiq0: 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2022
Ok
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by yusluvad(m): 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2022
ClassicMG:
GTBank now send multiple sms for a single transaction just so they can charge you big amount.
Have been experiencing the same for over a week now...
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by ArewaNorth: 12:03am On Feb 01, 2022
FarmWay:
This Igbo man is the grace in this callous junta we are in at present in this country...

Why do the Eastern States have one of the worst Governors today in Nigeria?
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Worksunlimited: 2:40am On Feb 01, 2022
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by NobleRace: 5:36am On Feb 01, 2022
FarmWay:

Which Igbo man is the grace? The worst CBN governor Nigeria ever had.

All the financial woes of this country are tied to Emiefele. All those charges he is now removing and reducing were implemented by him in 2017. He made banking activities a financial burden for the poor man. Now, that he knows that his tenure is gradually ending, he decided to bring back sanity.

The root course of the high cost of market commodity being decried by Nigerians today is Emefiele. The wicked man blocked the inflow of dollars and therefore made dollar scarce, causing a great disparity between bank rate and black market rate. Since banks no longer provide dollars, all importers go to the black market to procure dollars at high market rates, causing a rise in cost price of commodities for Nigerians.

This wicked Igbo man spent over a billion naira on his birthday last year. To avoid the prying eyes of the media, he had his birthday in Jamaica, and he spent several billions of naira on it.

If you want to sell an Igbo presidency idea, Emefiele is a very bad market for such projects. Emefiele is a good reason to reject an Igbo presidency in Nigeria.

God will surely judge Emefiele for all the wickedness he has brought upon Nigerians.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Justhere: 7:11am On Feb 01, 2022
Old news or nothing change in the charges by bank. The stamp duties for #10000 above credit should be removed too.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by wealthtrak: 7:33am On Feb 01, 2022
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Jamenzy: 9:12am On Feb 01, 2022
2ndchildhood:
Omila!! whether you withdraw from ATM or not, the way some bank dey deduct money from person account eh, no be here. U no go know until you pay attention.. no be so them deduct a total of N127 yesterday from my account. In the morning when I checked bal with mobile phone, N47 was detected from the initial amount, I say maybe I no remember how much been remain, aftnun I check again, 65 don go, ahah!!. Evening N15 comot, that's=N127..
As I the even type now I say make I check again, bros them, I no see my hard earned N38... no be JuJu be dat??
And I believe say no be only me dem the deduct from laidiz..
brethren, abeg Thief pass this one?
E even b like say dem don dey charge for every alert person get. Just 3 days ago someone transferred 2k to me, i saw d 2k alert o d next tin i realised was dat 2h has been deducted from d 2k. Na once i shout say dis guys are d real street criminals..
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Godspihighlife: 10:25am On Feb 01, 2022
Finally, Access bank I can rest.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by anambraamaka: 11:33am On Feb 01, 2022
good move
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by walemoney007(m): 11:55am On Feb 01, 2022
Loewe:
When Emefiele allowed a free-for-all customer exploitation by banks, a lot of people didn't know the implications. After 7 years, they now want to readopt the Sanusi policy? Joker...

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is the best thing to happen to our banking sector. I will also give Soludo credits for championing the bank recapitalisation.
Emefiele tenure has the CBN governor is very terrible.

There was not amount deducted if you use any Bank ATM under Sanusi, this man came and destroy everything.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
walemoney007:
Emefiele tenure has the CBN governor is very terrible.

There was not amount deducted if you use any Bank ATM under Sanusi, this man came and destroy everything.

My point exactly... Despite Sanusi's strictness, Banks survived and flourished. It is corruption that's killing our economy.
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by FireUpNow(m): 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
sevo:

Na by force to use him pos?? If you notice say the guy dey overcharge, walk away nah...or better still, go use bank ATM machine....
nor be by force to take get bank account and to use ATM. Oga
Re: CBN Commences Removal Of ATM Maintenance Fees And Reducing Bank Charges by ArcToyin(m): 10:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
Wetin gtb dey use my eye see. I regretted opening account with them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens / Is Contract Links Parcel Services Legit Or A Scam? / Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.