Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,138 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? (19230 Views)

Godspower Oshodin Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Top Swiss Business School / People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria / Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Halo22: 9:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
I think u have made ur mind before coming on this forum. However, if you can independently study and scale through on ur own, nothing bad there. But if you are the type that needs a teacher before you understand, I suggest you help yourself on time by going to a conventional University where there are lecturers.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Judolisco(m): 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
Og degree Na degree... It's what can u offer now... not what did u read except u be lawyer or medical doctor

1 Like

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Saao(m): 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
All degrees in noun are all accredited by nuc, almost every offices in Nigeria you must find noun students or graduands, so its a good place to acquire ur first degree from. I'm currently on my last semester in pg in same university. Kindly note, the school isn't easy as it seems

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Phock2sweet: 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
osazsky:
the way u guys talk at times i have guys who are into programming frelancing bla bla bla.its not wat u think o..even blogging..u nor go understand
no make mistake....freelance is not programming where you code, create softwares, create your own code.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Saao(m): 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2022
MikeMicheal:
Has a graduete of the school. I recomed it for you. you we like it )
hmm kindly go through your comment

6 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Moneyboyz: 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2022
You mean that school with no lecturers?
They give you bunch of textbooks, they take your money then give you date for exam.

It's a waste of money I think.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by MikeMicheal(m): 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2022
Saao:
hmm kindly go through your comment
What do the comment.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by alloy123: 9:33pm On Jan 31, 2022
if you are the serious type,,you will acquire more insight into the academic world from their course materials..Prof from difference universities in Nig complied their course materials..

14 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Saao(m): 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2022
MikeMicheal:
What do the comment.
same thing here

3 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2022
NwaNimo1:
[img]https://c./fjv_LhSu5GcAAAAC/kermit-the-frog-muppets.gif[/img]

........unless your the unserious type.
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Tellwhat: 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
Phock2sweet:
Instead to waste money use that money learn correct program. Before 2/years u don dey swim inside millions.
Like which program?
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Ten06(m): 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
NOUN is far better than over hype UNILAG. Their students are smart, maybe because most of them are adults before furthering their education.

As a recruiter, I have met a lot of them from both schools, so I know what I'm talking.

Thank you for saying the truth. When they are offering 8 courses in 100 level in conventional universities NOUN Students are offering 13 courses in 100 level. When they are sorting lecturers in conventional universities NOUN Students has no lecturers to sort, they will read their course materials and face computer to write their exam and the computer will show you your scores immediately you submit with no way to manipulate your scores.
Most of them talking down of NOUN can not defend their certificate the way NOUN students will defend theirs.
I did my master degree there

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Saao(m): 9:38pm On Jan 31, 2022
Moneyboyz:
You mean that school with no lecturers?
They give you bunch of textbooks, they take your money then give you date for exam.

It's a waste of money I think.
points of correction. They have lecturers and they attend lectures but its online and its live.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by EmmaLege: 9:39pm On Jan 31, 2022
no bro embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Quim2: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2022
Zico5:
To me Noun is still work in progress. Many companies still don't recognize the degree from this university. Even moribund private universities are still somehow ahead of it. Well, nobody knows tomorrow. You can give it a trial. But I will suggest u try public university if u are still below 20. That's my own advice.

Why below 20?
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by OgunkeelAllMod: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2022
Glorified secondary school. It's a uni for mostly low IQ dullards, other higher standards uni rejects undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by osazsky(m): 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
Tellwhat:

Like which program?
oga ignore that guy we know them and are used to them
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by MrSly(m): 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2022
SILVERLINES:
cheesy
Enyaaa go to school leave NOUN alone that quack is just a modern primary school

Lol. From your comment you are very inexperienced and talk based on unreasonable hear say. You called NOUN a modern primary school? I bet you can't graduate from that very university. You no fit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Moorkingbird1(m): 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2022
A university in UK declined my sis Masters admission because she graduated from a school (Noun) they claimed has no recognition.
They don't serve but they are given nysc exemption letter which some organization don't accept.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by cuteralph101(m): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2022
MoneyMusthear:
Good day everyone.

This is a quick one; are there any disadvantages of getting a first degree from NOUN? Please, avoid speaking out of prejudice.

I have resolved to acquire some digital skills and intern afterwards in the said field, and this plan may not permit me to go to a conventional university. The only possible option is to run a degree in NOUN and work/intern concurrently.

What is your honest advice?
Mods, kindly move to frontpage. Thank you.
NOUN is your best bet. But bro you have to put in work to excel in NOUN. The schools not for dullards. School is recognized all over the world you can check yourself. There other Distance Learning school too like Unilag and ABU. Good luck

5 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Moorkingbird1(m): 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2022
cuteralph101:
NOUN is your best bet. But bro you have to put in work to excel in NOUN. The schools not for dullards. School is recognized all over the world you can check yourself. There other Distance Learning school too like Unilag and ABU. Good luck
World??
Are you kidding me?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Highways: 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2022
I got a master's from the institution and I have gotten good PhD offers from universities outside the country, in better countries....

Remember your fees are going to the Remita account... That's like a Federal account and your NOUN is Federal not state or private......

See below, other universities that rank below NOUN

10 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by flexyNome(m): 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2022
I just got admitted this year...I may be of help 09079419284

1 Like

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Moorkingbird1(m): 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2022
Highways:
I got a master's from the institution and I have gotten good PhD offers from universities outside the country, in better countries....

See below, other universities that rank below NOUN
Those countries can't be the US or UK don't lie Sir
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by rayopt(m): 9:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
MoneyMusthear:
Good day everyone.

This is a quick one; are there any disadvantages of getting a first degree from NOUN? Please, avoid speaking out of prejudice.

I have resolved to acquire some digital skills and intern afterwards in the said field, and this plan may not permit me to go to a conventional university. The only possible option is to run a degree in NOUN and work/intern concurrently.

Bro, go for it especially if u are a grounded hustler who just wants a degree to flaunt before his friends for respect.

But if u want a recognizable degree for jobs, it may not be a wise decision oooo. There is so much bias in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by cuteralph101(m): 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
Moorkingbird1:
World??
Are you kidding me?
I kid you not...in 2020 I did apply for a forensics course in the US and was asked several details and University. From the drop down there was NOUN there. Not only that in World Ranking NOUN is there too. Also Note not only Nigeria runs Open University other countries including the UK does too

5 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by leeone(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2022
No
Why I said no the school go frustrate ur life en
I'm an example

1 Like

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Kay25(m): 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
MoneyMusthear:
Good day everyone.

if u are not a working class I advise u go to a normal conventional university ex ept u have a delay in admission or otherwise but if u like to be free and to study noun is okay even now that u can even go and serve as a Corp member.as for me noun is much better for working class or postgraduate student which I am in there also

2 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Moorkingbird1(m): 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
cuteralph101:
I kid you not...in 2020 I did apply for a forensics course in the US and was asked several details and University. From the drop down there was NOUN there. Not only that in World Ranking NOUN is there too. Also Note not only Nigeria runs Open University other countries including the UK does too
Alright Sir. Was only talking out of experience
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Blessingpaul(f): 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2022
Of course you can. But be ready to read and work very for Noun is not an easy ride as some supposed.

1 Like

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Ella16: 10:10pm On Jan 31, 2022
An average noun student is a professor in unilag or any conventional universities. Have seen graduates of noun that are more better ,intelligent, smart e.t.c if you are the working type I'll recommend noun for you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by ThinkSmarter: 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2022
NOUN is under rated.
The school is more organised than most conventional university
Their course materials are rich in ideas and voluminous.
If you re not average or above average, don't go to NOUN.
Cuz, u will be surprised by the exam questions and the results that u may be forced to drop out.
NOUN is designed for self learners and ur iQ got to be high.
How do i knew these?
I am currently running an MSc with NOUN

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Assu Strike / WAEC Timetable 2018/2019 / Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola Commissions Scholar Buses In Osun (Pictures attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.