Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? (19228 Views)

Godspower Oshodin Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Top Swiss Business School / People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria / Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by UARBIAFRAODUA: 7:10am On Feb 01, 2022
I will advise you go to a conventional University. NOUN is a very difficult institution if you can not put in hardwork. You will need to study and teach yourself.

1 Like

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by shortgun(m): 7:16am On Feb 01, 2022
Moorkingbird1:
A university in UK declined my sis Masters admission because she graduated from a school (Noun) they claimed has no recognition.
They don't serve but they are given nysc exemption letter which some organization don't accept.
Stop lying abeg, NOUN certificates are accepted all over the world.
This is the only university in Nigeria were you can't cheat, Bleep a lecturer or bribe anyone for marks.
Getting first class in NOUN is almost impossible.... imagine 6k+ graduands only 7 with first class.

1 Like

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by gabpaul: 7:39am On Feb 01, 2022
Whitebeer2k:
We move i Bleep myself up drop out from noun....I was it made for old people.....
Noun is the best for .....

Your write up really shows you dropped out..like WTF
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by gabpaul: 7:43am On Feb 01, 2022
MikeMicheal:
What do the comment.

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by fabson21(m): 7:49am On Feb 01, 2022
Stop saying nosense stop saying what you don't know am proud to say am a product of noun I woke in a reputable company here in Lagos Nigeria all my friends too are doing well in their jobs in their various companies you saying not recognize you are so foolish for saying that go check noun is one of the standard university in Nigeria operating an international standard of education
Zico5:
To me Noun is still work in progress. Many companies still don't recognize the degree from this university. Even moribund private universities are still somehow ahead of it. Well, nobody knows tomorrow. You can give it a trial. But I will suggest u try public university if u are still below 20. That's my own advice.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by tolaswim: 7:49am On Feb 01, 2022
Bro, you don't need anyone opinion on which university to obtain your first degree from....Noun is a recognized university home and abroad...As at today, Open university is by far better than most regular university in Nigeria....Noun PG research project pass through plagiarism test.... Please point out one regular university in Nigeria which their students research work go through plagiarism...None as we speak today.... I am a product of Noun from first degree to......!
Take care.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by NairaMaster1(m): 7:54am On Feb 01, 2022
AquaPetals:
Do this if and only if you're already a working classer.
That school has the capacity to reduce your brain cells.

Try it, you may not graduate. I did an MBA there and didcorvered the standard to be high. Their project is more original. You read and read.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by fabson21(m): 7:56am On Feb 01, 2022
As a faithful trustee of the Nigerian people, NOUN leverages on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to deliver an education tailored towards the globalized economy. The University offers exceptional academic programmes that meet the specific needs of all sectors of the global economy, in the Arts; Health; Law; Physical, Social, Agricultural and Management Sciences.

As an ODL institution, NOUN is an equal opportunity university determined to meet the following objectives that necessitated the establishment of open and distance education in Nigeria:

Provision of Education for All and promotion of lifelong learning
Filling the gap created by the closure of outreaches/satellite campuses
Cost effectiveness
Improved economies of scale
Flexibility of delivery system
Maximum utilization of academic personnel
On-the-job teacher training
Poverty eradication, vocational and lifelong education
Provision of non-formal education
Reaching the unreached
Propagation of national orientation

1 Like

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by tolaswim: 8:01am On Feb 01, 2022
Zico5:
To me Noun is still work in progress. Many companies still don't recognize the degree from this university. Even moribund private universities are still somehow ahead of it. Well, nobody knows tomorrow. You can give it a trial. But I will suggest u try public university if u are still below 20. That's my own advice.
You are still living in the dark ages....You need to wake up..Just dare open if you think open university still work in progress...Their exams questions alone will reset your brain.... Noun PG research project pass through plagiarism test as we speak....Even over most over hyped university in Nigeria today doesn't subjects their students thesis to plagiarism...Noun got class okay.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by tolaswim: 8:33am On Feb 01, 2022
SILVERLINES:
cheesy
Enyaaa go to school leave NOUN alone that quack is just a modern primary school
Eya you think that open university is a quack school please dare apply and then you will understand that open university got class. Their exams questions alone will reshape your senses....

1 Like

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by damosade(m): 9:00am On Feb 01, 2022
I thought I could make first class in Noun but I came out with 2.1 in information technology despite my sound knowledge as an Hnd holder in Electrical and electronics engineering..
That place is not for the Lilly liver oo...especially their German type questions.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by demmanuel78(m): 9:47am On Feb 01, 2022
tolaswim:
Bro, you don't need anyone opinion on which university to obtain your first degree from....Noun is a recognized university home and abroad...As at today, Open university is by far better than most regular university in Nigeria....Noun PG research project pass through plagiarism test.... Please point out one regular university in Nigeria which their students research work go through plagiarism...None as we speak today.... I am a product of Noun from first degree to......!
Take care.

Even BSc research project pass through plagiarism test now too
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by olayinkajnr(m): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2022
Iliveforever:
Nigerian government is as useless as the mod that banned me thinking I’m jobless..

Nigerian government is stupid to the extent that they approved NOUN but refused to approve them for Nysc.
Isn’t that stupidity??

Says who?

Most of you will just spew gibberish with your whole chest. I know lots of Noun students that went for NYSC. And yes, they are approved for NYSC.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by phemmyfour: 10:14am On Feb 01, 2022
MoneyMusthear:
Good day everyone.

This is a quick one; are there any disadvantages of getting a first degree from NOUN? Please, avoid speaking out of prejudice.

I have resolved to acquire some digital skills and intern afterwards in the said field, and this plan may not permit me to go to a conventional university. The only possible option is to run a degree in NOUN and work/intern concurrently.

What is your honest advice?
Mods, kindly move to frontpage. Thank you.
No disadvantage anymore
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by lykwhoishe: 10:25am On Feb 01, 2022
Consider part time too in any state/federal school
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Blissbath(f): 10:51am On Feb 01, 2022
What he is tring to say is that your english is poor.
MikeMicheal:
After all the TMA, POP, E-exam this one is sayng i dint graduete for noun
i dont half time for argumet.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Matheusmartin: 11:14am On Feb 01, 2022
MikeMicheal:
Has a graduete of the school. I recomed it for you. you we like it )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 01, 2022
I will PM you, bro.
flexyNome:
I just got admitted this year...I may be of help 09079419284
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Feelings79: 11:57am On Feb 01, 2022
Saao:
I did my first degree from another university, I'm only doing my m.sc but currently allowed for nysc
Buhari approved their going for service since 2017, it's never happened all this while
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Aparakay(m): 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
Noun is cool for you bro trust me, my friend is currently chopping his money jejely with Noun result beating those that has HND certificate at is working place.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Priceless200(f): 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Phock2sweet:
Instead to waste money use that money learn correct program. Before 2/years u don dey swim inside millions.
like?

1 Like

Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by damilonya(m): 4:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
MoneyMusthear:
Good day everyone.

This is a quick one; are there any disadvantages of getting a first degree from NOUN? Please, avoid speaking out of prejudice.

I have resolved to acquire some digital skills and intern afterwards in the said field, and this plan may not permit me to go to a conventional university. The only possible option is to run a degree in NOUN and work/intern concurrently.

What is your honest advice?
Mods, kindly move to frontpage. Thank you.

I know a product of NOUN who is LECTURING in a higher institution.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by osteenbush(m): 7:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
Of course I know, happy new month.
MikeMicheal:
Hahahaha! It seems you have figured out that my comment was just scornful jocularity; probably due to past comments or the grammatical errors naturally appeared to be weird and deliberate. grin cheesy
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by osteenbush(m): 8:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
ilebaye2017:

This alone, is enough to discourage any serious minded person, if truly, you are an alumni of that institution

He's not
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Iliveforever(m): 9:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
olayinkajnr:

Says who?

Most of you will just spew gibberish with your whole chest. I know lots of Noun students that went for NYSC. And yes, they are approved for NYSC.

You see why we keep telling you and people like you to be reasonable before talking.

Now tell me, is it letter of discharge or letter of exemption??
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by phadriz(m): 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2022
In all honesty most conventional university are not better than NOUN because public institutions in Nigeria are nothing to write home about if you have other things you are doing please go for the NOUN program. I did BSc from NOUN after becoming a Chartered Accountant with 5 years experience and also had HND in Accountancy, although our set was give exclusion letter by NYSC but who service help?
I used NOUN certificate for my MSc admission in UK which was my Japa strategy, I now live in Manchester.

If you want good connection for jobs join NOUN most of their students are working class. A school that won't go on strike like other conventional public institutions.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Adgraced: 11:51am On Feb 02, 2022
Currently running my MBA there. If you are an undergraduate, I advise you go to a regular university. There is nothing like studying and having lecturers explain and tutor you on some gray areas of learning. NOUN learning is stressful oo. And the school workers are so freaking annoying and rude!!
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by olayinkajnr(m): 10:00pm On Feb 02, 2022
Iliveforever:

You see why we keep telling you and people like you to be reasonable before talking.

Now tell me, is it letter of discharge or letter of exemption??

You boldly claim that they don't go for NYSC. I countered you that they do and you are asking if it's discharge letter or exemption letter.

Who is the one without any form of reasoning here?

If someone goes for NYSC, is not discharge letter he/she will be given?

Go and find out and stop embarrassing yourself over the TL.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by LordIsaac(m): 8:43am On Feb 03, 2022
I can only vouch for their materials....helped me through my undergraduate studies.
Re: Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? by Ajibade123(m): 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
NOUN is far better than over hype UNILAG. Their students are smart, maybe because most of them are adults before furthering their education.

As a recruiter, I have met a lot of them from both schools, so I know what I'm talking.
why Unilag??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Assu Strike / WAEC Timetable 2018/2019 / Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola Commissions Scholar Buses In Osun (Pictures attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.