Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer (26062 Views)

I Never Knew I Could Make A Great Career In Writing. / Why Customer Service Is A Great Career Path To Follow / Longrich 30billion Team (a Great Career To Build On) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by gatecrash123: 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2022
U guys talking down on sports betting, but glorify crypto, fx etc
Whether u like it or not there are men and women whom sports betting has changed their lives for the better.

8 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Nairanation2: 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2022
Who did u say to follow on Facebook?
nonyofor2:
U never see tripple correct scores play na y u dey yarn rubbish. People are making it big in betting my dear, all u need is to follow who know road. Follow mes hack on Facebook and thank me later.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2022
Lost almost 2million so far

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Sport betting ain't no career killer

Sport betting is gambling
The life itself we are living now is a gamble

The sweet thing is that For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling is among

A big shout out to all my fellow Gamblers, risk takers, punters, high rollers and stakers
We will never quit...because quitters don't win and winners don't quit
chaiiiiiii bro stop im in debt because of sport betting ooo

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by nwakibie3(m): 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
nonyofor2:
U never see tripple correct scores play na y u dey yarn rubbish. People are making it big in betting my dear, all u need is to follow who know road. Follow mes hack on Facebook and thank me later.

My nigga
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
geelite:
it depends on what you are playing. stake with high money with low odds................................eg 500000 to play 1.10 odds and get 5k as your gain. chikena
even 1.01 dey cut

7 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Heterodox(m): 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
It's not gamble when you have your statistics right.

The bane of everything is greed, wanting too much.

Use 1k ticket to cash out 100k. That's greed.

Nothing in moderation is intrinsically bad.

People should grow the hell up.

You might as well say Forex, crypto and stock are gambling.

The funny part is if the so called gamblers ask you for money you won't feed them.

Nonsense and ingredients.

Never offer advice if you can't solve someone's problem.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by 77up(m): 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
Where is pastor righteousness shocked

1 Like

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Heterodox(m): 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
gatecrash123:
U guys talking down on sports betting, but glorify crypto, fx etc
Whether u like it or not there are men and women whom sports betting has changed their lives for the better.
Exactly.

People ignore their greed and blaming sports betting.

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by bluefilm: 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
Alvinofnaija:
[s]One of the ills of the technological advancements of africa is sport betting.In recent times, the sector has grown and as contributed to Africans GDP but at what cost.Nigeria like Uganda and all other countries with large youth unemployment has seen her youth rot away and suffer greatly in the hands of sport betting.Meanwhile, sport betting companies continues to innovate and finds ways to gain more captives by leveraging social media influencer to market the 'Product'.Influencer like Mr Macaroni, Kiekie, Mark Angel and other key YouTubers have dedicated several videos just to promote this act.200% bonus they call it, Cash out before the games ends, this are some of the gimmicks used by this companies.My Friends and acquaintances have lots their allowances to this acts, they spend the lion share of their allowances on betting and beg for garri before the month ends.Wives are losing their husbandsChildren are losing their fathersHusbands are also losing their wivesMore importantly, the Nation is losing its citizensNIGERIA, who shall save your youths from this mess?[/s]

Nwoke m, mechie gi onu osiso.

If I tell you how much I win yesterday as Senegal beat Burkina Faso, you no go fit open mouth again.

Just because sports betting no work for you no mean say e no go equally work for your neighbor too.

For your information, sports betting is the reason why the crime rate among the youth is still manageable even in the rising face of unemployment.

The problem I will always have with bitter souls like you is that you will advise people to quit sports betting you will not give them a better solution as a replacement.

Nonsense. angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Heterodox(m): 5:28pm On Feb 03, 2022
Jack005:
Run from betting!!! Run as far as your legs could carry you... This thing has ruined so many persons that I know.

Their greed ruined them.

1 Like

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
Addiction to sport betting is bad grin but OP that picture you posted will run many youth in that community to live debt only that building alone housed both lapo loan and bet King two combo that can easily frustrate someone to death wink
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by freeman4ever(m): 5:31pm On Feb 03, 2022
geelite:
it depends on what you are playing. stake with high money with low odds................................eg 500000 to play 1.10 odds and get 5k as your gain. chikena
e go shock u

1 Like

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Benny6944: 5:31pm On Feb 03, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Sport betting ain't no career killer

Sport betting is gambling
The life itself we are living now is a gamble

The sweet thing is that For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling is among

A big shout out to all my fellow Gamblers, risk takers, punters, high rollers and stakers
We will never quit...because quitters don't win and winners don't quit

Gamblers are brokers. please interprete?
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by bluefilm: 5:31pm On Feb 03, 2022
geelite:

500000 to play 1.10 odds gives you 50K as gain.

Mathematics is also a very important skill to have as a Serious business-minded punter.

3 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Steve0979(m): 5:32pm On Feb 03, 2022
I won 13k wit 50# ticket
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by crazybee069(m): 5:33pm On Feb 03, 2022
mazizitonene:
Personally don't believe in this addictions. Most times it's because one haven't found a strong alternative.......or a strong why not to engage in something.

I used to bet a long time ago, very active on the Nairaland bet thread in my undergraduate days. But stopped when I found better things to do and make Money online. I just stopped betting, it's been years now, and it wasn't rocket science. Even when I used to bet, I never crossed my limit

Most times na poverty, and greed dey cause this thing ..
God bless you my brother...
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by thesicilian: 5:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
bluefilm:

Nwoke m, mechie gi onu osiso.

If I tell you how much I win yesterday as Senegal beat Burkina Faso, you no go fit open mouth again.

Just because sports betting no work for you no mean say e no go equally work for your neighbor too.

For your information, sports betting is the reason why the crime rate among the youth is still manageable even in the rising face of unemployment.

The problem I will always have with bitter souls like you is that you will advise people to quit sports betting you will not give them a better solution as a replacement.

Nonsense.
You don't need to insult them for their opinions. They're only speaking based on their bad experiences. As for me I haven't used my own money to buy data since I started sports Betting. Some are winning big, others are winning little by little, but it's only those who are consistently losing that will say betting is bad

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Ameboperoo(m): 5:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
geelite:
Them never do you strong thing ba? That was my philosophy before until you begin to loose huge amount because of #100.
Odd of 1.02 can still cut. It is just best not to bet at all.

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by bluefilm: 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2022
thesicilian:
You don't need to insult them for their opinions. They're only speaking based on their bad experiences. As for me I haven't used my own money to buy data since I started sports Betting. Some are winning big, others are winning little by little, but it's only those who are consistently losing that will say betting is bad

I dey tell you.

Betting wey dey save boys from hunger every blessed day naim pesin wey no sabi anything just dey talk bad of.

Na wa o
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by ogwuche4u(m): 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2022
Alvinofnaija:
One of the ills of the technological advancements of africa is sport betting.
In recent times, the sector has grown and as contributed to Africans GDP but at what cost.

Nigeria like Uganda and all other countries with large youth unemployment has seen her youth rot away and suffer greatly in the hands of sport betting.

Meanwhile, sport betting companies continues to innovate and finds ways to gain more captives by leveraging social media influencer to market the 'Product'.

Influencer like Mr Macaroni, Kiekie, Mark Angel and other key YouTubers have dedicated several videos just to promote this act.

200% bonus they call it, Cash out before the games ends, this are some of the gimmicks used by this companies.

My Friends and acquaintances have lots their allowances to this acts, they spend the lion share of their allowances on betting and beg for garri before the month ends.

Wives are losing their husbands
Children are losing their fathers
Husbands are also losing their wives
More importantly, the Nation is losing its citizens

NIGERIA, who shall save your youths from this mess?

Betting is never a bad thing. Let's not paint it in that light. It's meant for matured minds. Bet wisely, don't get addicted. The western world have a lot of betting companies but hardly do you see them cry foul. Nigeria is just a zoo filled with funny people. I don't pity addicts of betting. You need to know when to play, stop and walk away. Betting with 100 naira is the problem sha.

1 Like

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Ameboperoo(m): 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2022
Abba114:
even 1.01 dey cut
Just leave him. The day he will loose the 500k because of 5k, his eyes will clear.

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Jefferyhi86(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2022
I won 112000 last week with 100 naira, I never expected it, dat money saved n sort out some of expenses at home, some day it might be good n other day it's bad.. Just gamble with sense, my own no de pass 100,200 n 500(dats is if I win n den stake with 500)
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2022
There are people who make a living from gambling .. the thing is that once u discover the secret to something, it becomes very easy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by visijo(m): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2022
Rest
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Lugard89: 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2022
E no get watin no get addiction, even going to church don become an addiction for dis naija dats why from Monday to Sunday church program dey sup, all one need is self control and not to discourage one frn taking necessary risk... Thumps up to all the risk takers
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by nathyx(m): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2022
Government whom one thought would ban this sport betting hiccup turned a deaf ear due to the huge financial fees gulped from License renewals cry cry
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by FuckDModz: 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
dynicks:
We way come dey win on a steady, how we go do'am?.......

Make we come dey look u make hunger use us play zazuuzeh?

Get a job and/or add value to your society.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2022
Forget o, betting na youth empowerment programme. If you disagree, go chop stone.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Digital Skill Can I Learn? / Buhari Suspends Tenure Policy In The Federal Civil Service / How Do I Handle My Female Colleague?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.