Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,674 members, 7,955,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:10 AM

Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer (26064 Views)

I Never Knew I Could Make A Great Career In Writing. / Why Customer Service Is A Great Career Path To Follow / Longrich 30billion Team (a Great Career To Build On) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Babastrong(m): 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2022
Gambling is a deadly disease.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by thesicilian: 5:46pm On Feb 03, 2022
bluefilm:

I dey tell you.

Betting wey dey save boys from hunger every blessed day naim pesin wey no sabi anything just dey talk bad of.

Na wa o
As in, there was one week like that self in November, if not for sports betting I for nor chop self. I have a daily quota that I must not pass no matter how much I have won or lost for that day. For me it's all about discipline
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:46pm On Feb 03, 2022
Collinsaik:
There are people who make a living from gambling.. the thing is that once u discover the secret to something, it becomes very easy

People like me.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2022
thesicilian:

As in, there was one week like that self in November, if not for sports betting I for nor chop self. I have a daily quota that I must not pass no matter how much I have won or lost for that day. For me it's all about discipline

No mind them. Make them dey there dey cap nonsense. Courtesy of betting, I won almost a milli. Which kind work I wan do get that one? These 50k jobs? Hmm. Na to just get discipline.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Alvinofnaija: 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2022
I believe we can liken this our situation to the opioid crisis of the Americans, vunerable people get hooked to something that seems sweet and won't be able to stop.

How can we at least save the ones who wants to stop but finds it very difficult?

1 Like

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Farid24224(m): 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Sport betting ain't no career killer

Sport betting is gambling
The life itself we are living now is a gamble

The sweet thing is that For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling is among

A big shout out to all my fellow Gamblers, risk takers, punters, high rollers and stakers
We will never quit...because quitters don't win and winners don't quit

Osheyy?!? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by EmmaLege: 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Beedude(m): 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
geelite:
it depends on what you are playing. stake with high money with low odds................................eg 500000 to play 1.10 odds and get 5k as your gain. chikena
I laugh at u. How many 5k u wan chop before your 500k capital go cut ?
U will be back to the trenches when a team like Sherrif Tarispol beat Real Madrid or when a team like Bayern cant even score a goal against Moncenglabach and lost 5-0.
Anyone putting hope on gambling to meet end means is only digging his grave. Na debt upon debt go ruin the person

5 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by merits(m): 5:52pm On Feb 03, 2022
Alvinofnaija:
One of the ills of the technological advancements of africa is sport betting.
In recent times, the sector has grown and as contributed to Africans GDP but at what cost.

Nigeria like Uganda and all other countries with large youth unemployment has seen her youth rot away and suffer greatly in the hands of sport betting.

Meanwhile, sport betting companies continues to innovate and finds ways to gain more captives by leveraging social media influencer to market the 'Product'.

Influencer like Mr Macaroni, Kiekie, Mark Angel and other key YouTubers have dedicated several videos just to promote this act.

200% bonus they call it, Cash out before the games ends, this are some of the gimmicks used by this companies.

My Friends and acquaintances have lots their allowances to this acts, they spend the lion share of their allowances on betting and beg for garri before the month ends.

Wives are losing their husbands
Children are losing their fathers
Husbands are also losing their wives
More importantly, the Nation is losing its citizens

NIGERIA, who shall save your youths from this mess?

I thank God for my life.hard work pays off.work hard and enjoyself.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by ariesbull: 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
bluefilm:

Nwoke m, mechie gi onu osiso.

If I tell you how much I win yesterday as Senegal beat Burkina Faso, you no go fit open mouth again.

Just because sports betting no work for you no mean say e no go equally work for your neighbor too.

For your information, sports betting is the reason why the crime rate among the youth is still manageable even in the rising face of unemployment.

The problem I will always have with bitter souls like you is that you will advise people to quit sports betting you will not give them a better solution as a replacement.

Nonsense. angry
nobody becomes useful with betting

You win money, it goes away you start again...

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
Beedude:

I laugh at u. How many 5k u wan chop before your 500k capital go cut ?
U will be back to the trenches when a team like Sherrif Tarispol beat Real Madrid or when a team like Bayern cant even score a goal against Moncenglabach and lost 5-0.
Anyone putting hope on gambling to meet end means is only digging his grave. Na debt upon debt go ruin the person

Guy, rest. In gambling, there's always a time for winning and losses. If you know your onions, you can always win more than you lose, don't just be greedy and be disciplined. So, don't make it seem like losses are abnormal. Even in your normal day to day business, losses are inevitable.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by yinkeys(m): 5:56pm On Feb 03, 2022
Egypt for the trophy grin
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by bluefilm: 5:59pm On Feb 03, 2022
ariesbull:
nobody becomes useful with betting

You win money, it goes away you start again...

Why not?

The betting companies need to make their own money na and they will not make money if you are the only one winning ALL THE TIME!!!
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Beedude(m): 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Guy, rest. In gambling, there's always a time for winning and losses. If you know your onions, you can always win more than you lose, don't just be greedy and be disciplined. So, don't make it seem like losses are abnormal. Even in your normal day to day business, losses are inevitable.
I was only replying to his permutation of 500k on 1.10 odds. Na heart attack go kill the person lass lass.
Addiction to sport betting is what i dont support. I stake atimes but not an everyday or every week thing and i have a limit for anyday i choose to bet. The last time i stake on any team was December. I bet when i know i am loaded and my highest stake on an accumulated ticket cant be more than 5h.
Singles like UCLs and World cup finals have also helped me.
I have won money ranging from 20k to 150k with stakes of 5h. I have also lost on numerous occassions but allowing it affect my savings or responsibilities as a man is what i wont accept.
ADDICTION to sport betting is harmful and can cause SUICIDE

3 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2022
This bet thing is funny. If you are broke forget about winning millions. But just be a millionaire, the thing will just enter your hand like juju.

3 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Tremple8v: 6:15pm On Feb 03, 2022
Betting dey reck and made person , The choice is yours . grin
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Sheriman(m): 6:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
geelite:
it depends on what you are playing. stake with high money with low odds................................eg 500000 to play 1.10 odds and get 5k as your gain. chikena
The day your 50K go cast ehn, you go cry nobody go help you with sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by DaveJacuzie: 6:21pm On Feb 03, 2022
fasho01:
It ruins lives and potentials honestly

if done unreasonably!
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Blazebond(m): 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
There is nothing wrong with betting,sport betting is the same as forex trading and crypto,life na chance o,you must take risks. The same way people think of sport betting as a get rich quick scheme is how people still view forex trading and crypto,So why are u not telling people to stop crypto and forex? When u place a bet,you speculate that the outcome will be to your favor isn’t it,that is also what happens when you are trading forex,you are speculating,same thing with crypto,you are speculating that the coin or whatever will have increased value,make una chill una hear.

5 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by mecustika: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
sports betting is just like any other business. If you go into any business without first learning the secrets you will get your fingers burnt. The psychology behind betting is human greed. people want to make millions overnight with 100 naira, forgetting that no business in the world works that way. If you aim at just 10-15 percent profit with good money management you will make money. The tragedy in sports betting is that most people involved do not understand probability theory and are not ready for small gains. They don't see betting as business but rather a scheme to get rich overnight.

3 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Athemisia: 6:48pm On Feb 03, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

The sweet thing is that For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling is among

A big shout out to all my fellow Gamblers, risk takers, punters, high rollers and stakers
Ride on comrade... We dey your back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Athemisia: 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
dynicks:
We way come dey win on a steady, how we go do'am?.......

Make we come dey look u make hunger use us play zazuuzeh?
No mind always this motivational speakers...

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Athemisia: 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2022
geelite:
Oga no game sure ooh!!! shocked
If this one cut na heart attack you go get.
E better make I dey continue to dey play my 1k games and continue with my 320,000 winnings.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by 1sherlockHolmes: 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2022
betting na bastarrrd im a debt because of it dont know how to pay
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Mckeni007: 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
Very easy to ease your addiction to bet9ja, betking and the rest, you just have to book the game but stake your money yet, just wait untill the game you eventually cut and you will thank your God for saving you not to play.

1 Like

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Kutunban: 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
Alvinofnaija:
What do think about us all calling out celebrities painting betting as a quick rich scheme?

I think betting should be part of the "No Add" business, they should rely on organic leads.

A lot of innocent people have been led astray by this people

Just like smoking cigarettes, let our law makers look into these menace. We need to reorient our youths to understand that you can truly be wealthy but not through chance or hope.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Kutunban: 7:42pm On Feb 03, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

You are the ones we talking about. Every pundit is designed to make you lose. No successful person in the world that Gamble's with expectations to blow.. have a thinking bro
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Lifewasgood: 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2022
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by jackfj: 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Why are you always at the left hands of things?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by jaxxy(m): 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2022
Betting is a sure way to poverty bt a rare way to riches.

U are playing not only against the odds bt against the system also while dancing tango with chance/luck.

The only way to be safe is to keep to the rules and discipline anything else is like walking on thin ice.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Neddstark: 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2022
Proud bettor. Haven't staked in a month. Getting myself back and will stake soon. 2 odds only.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by 2DADDEY: 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2022
geelite:

God bless you more bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Digital Skill Can I Learn? / Buhari Suspends Tenure Policy In The Federal Civil Service / How Do I Handle My Female Colleague?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.