Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,962 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then (44587 Views)

Any One That Sales 2nd Hand Phones?. / A 1963 Newspaper Predicted What The Phone Of The Future Would Look Like (Photo) / Where To Buy good Second hand Phones In LAGOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by musicwriter(m): 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2022
Felixitie:

This ongoing already. It is already happening

Correct!
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by GetMeRight: 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
kernniejay:
Same way people don't believe that Heaven and Hell are real,

Here is the heaven, here is the hell too. Any other place outside this earth na imagination of the people of the old world who didn't know better.

the end is coming and there will be judgment.

After how many millions of years again? Lol
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by Ericjamy: 11:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
symbuul:
Technology na witch. I started using Android phone in 2002.
Extorted african black power for that matter oo.
As we no get sense using it well for our betterment and development nan instead we use de bring down another blessed brother.
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by Elidrisy20: 6:34am On Feb 02, 2022
freshalien:

You don’t even know me yet you assume I have no job or skill? grin

Let’s be serious for a second, how can you worship a god that tells you he would send you to hell where you would burn for all eternity if your offend him and with that same mouth he tells you he loves you unconditionally? The god of Christians and Muslims is really wonderful cheesy

Stop deceiving yourselves, the European/Arab god is a self-contradictory god.
I think say GOD na chairman of your local Government abi?
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by Ajibade123(m): 9:08am On Feb 02, 2022
computer science student with understanding of De Moore's theory should be able to understand
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by kernniejay(m): 1:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
To you as human, it looks like millions of years have gone by, but to the Creator, probably just few days have passed since the creation of the world.
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by kernniejay(m): 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
GetMeRight:

Here is the heaven, here is the hell too. Any other place outside this earth na imagination of the people of the old world who didn't know better.

To you as human, millions of years have passed from begining of time, but to the Creator, probably few days have just gone by since the creation.
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
wirinet:

Large part is a relative term.
Close to 1 billion of the world is without electricity from not to talk of phone or TV.

Even if everyone has phone and TV, still half of the world would be asleep at any particular time. Then it's virtually impossible for everyone to tune into the same event or program given difference in language, interests and time.
The whole most watched live event in history was princess Diana's burial watched by 2 billion people world wide. At that time, that's still less than 30% of the world population.

Don't forget, it really is about the possibility of the world seeing something same time, rather than the choice to see it same time.

Tangible tech already accessible to grassroots even in Africa, with other continents exposed to even far better tech; yet the present cutting edge in tech we all make noise about are still very primitive, relative to some point in the future.
Research always in motion, tech becoming cheaper and more accessible to remote places in the world. A day is coming when people won't even have to carry load of mobile phones around. Also, the world is becoming more allied everyday.
If there's an event of common importance to all nations, seeing it same time is no big deal. It's really a small world.
We're still in the primitive stage of tech. Wait for it!
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by freshalien: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2022
Elidrisy20:
I think say GOD na chairman of your local Government abi?

You get sense so??!

1 Like

Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by Adex2442: 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ddokie:
Nice.

The Bible (about 2k years old) predicted that a day will come when the whole world can look upon a spot at the same time.

And for three and a half days, all peoples, tribes, languages, and nations will stare at their bodies (Rev 11:9).

Science is powerful, God is supreme.

"Sorry but I have to insult you,
You're a big fool"...suicidesheep

I for report you to one wicked mod for calling me a fool make dem ban you for like 36 years, but I will let it fly.

So let me explain. The topic is on a 57 year old article in a foreign newspaper predicting that based on ongoing tech advancements, phones, which at that time where very large, heavy and fixed, will be held in pockets of clothing. People who read it then would have been like... yeah right. But it has become a reality today.

The book of Revelation was written in the first century AD. In chapter 11 of the book, it talks about some fiery prophets of God who will show up preaching. They eventually get killed, and their bodies left on the streets. The bible then says And for three and a half days, all peoples, tribes, languages, and nations will stare at their bodies

Reading that for the first time many decades ago, I'm like, how can all peoples, tribes, languages and nations stare at the bodies of 2 men lying dead on the streets in one country somewhere? But today, with social media, the whole world (all peoples, tribes, languages, and nations ) can look at one location of importance at about the same time, and it isn't considered as anything big.

freshalien

Adex2442

Pootle (if you still don't gerrit, forgeabourit)

wirinet

Okay tanks
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by freshalien: 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ddokie:
Nice.

The Bible (about 2k years old) predicted that a day will come when the whole world can look upon a spot at the same time.

And for three and a half days, all peoples, tribes, languages, and nations will stare at their bodies (Rev 11:9).

Science is powerful, God is supreme.

"Sorry but I have to insult you,
You're a big fool"...suicidesheep

I for report you to one wicked mod for calling me a fool make dem ban you for like 36 years, but I will let it fly.

So let me explain. The topic is on a 57 year old article in a foreign newspaper predicting that based on ongoing tech advancements, phones, which at that time where very large, heavy and fixed, will be held in pockets of clothing. People who read it then would have been like... yeah right. But it has become a reality today.

The book of Revelation was written in the first century AD. In chapter 11 of the book, it talks about some fiery prophets of God who will show up preaching. They eventually get killed, and their bodies left on the streets. The bible then says And for three and a half days, all peoples, tribes, languages, and nations will stare at their bodies

Reading that for the first time many decades ago, I'm like, how can all peoples, tribes, languages and nations stare at the bodies of 2 men lying dead on the streets in one country somewhere? But today, with social media, the whole world (all peoples, tribes, languages, and nations ) can look at one location of importance at about the same time, and it isn't considered as anything big.

freshalien

Adex2442

Pootle (if you still don't gerrit, forgeabourit)

wirinet

Plenty meaningless things written here withou any concrete proof. Who wrote your so-called bible? Where was it written? Under whose guidance? Y’all christians say it was under yor god’s guidance but my questions, how sure are you since you weren’t there when it was written? How sure are you that all these aren’t just lies told to make you believe an unknown supernatural being is behind d bible?

Your bible is no different from “dem say, dem say”. Nothing in there is provable.
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by Ddokie: 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2022
freshalien:

Plenty meaningless things written here withou any concrete proof. Who wrote your so-called bible? Where was it written? Under whose guidance? Y’all christians say it was under yor god’s guidance but my questions, how sure are you since you weren’t there when it was written? How sure are you that all these aren’t just lies told to make you believe an unknown supernatural being is behind d bible?

Your bible is no different from “dem say, dem say”. Nothing in there is provable.

Okay.
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by GingerbreadMen(m): 8:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
suicidesheep:

So shall it be o
You listen to suicidesheep music too?
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by suicidesheep: 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2022
GingerbreadMen:

You listen to suicidesheep music too?

Ya I do. Finally someone with similar taste
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by GingerbreadMen(m): 1:27pm On Feb 06, 2022
suicidesheep:

Ya I do. Finally someone with similar taste
Yo! cheesy
I'm a complete EDM head!
Re: See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then by Corroro: 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
mickyeddi:

Iiar! Android didn't exist in 2002!!
no mind am, even google started in 2005, talkless of android, he should have kukuma just said he was using a TECNO phone, that would have been understandable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#thehottestone Is Finally Revealed(1) / I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.