Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

I Have Finally Left Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (61968 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Left Nigeria For Libya With 2 Legs, Returns Back With Crutches. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by GistFullGround: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good job bro on your hustling.

Invest on another okada, then another and another; at the end of the day, you will realize going to France is not good...

God has shown you the way; may God bless you �

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by exnovio(m): 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good move bro ,.....same move i made 15years ago and a found myself in Spain . ...i like guys like us

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by adekanmbi1986(m): 6:25pm On Feb 01, 2022
Centrallock:

Would have been helpful if you helped with the exchange rate.
I checked google but am doubting the figures
Above all i am glad you took a step it's well bro

Thank you. The same question I was going to ask after reading..
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by thesicilian: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2022
What I saw from your story: you're smart, patient, and resourceful. You'll definitely get to your destination in no time. Kudos and good luck!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by CSTRR: 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2022
OmegaAutos:

If I hear say you go France, na me go find you come there, use cane flog you come back. how can you put France and Canada in the same sentence. focus on Canada, no look for my trouble oo.

congratulations.
N.B Avoid women ooo, and if you must do, avoid Nigerian girls
What is wrong with France?

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Nicoddemus(m): 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2022
Why didn't him think of going to Seychelles, Mauritania, South Africa if he really wants to travel to African country.

If you dash me Togo I will not take

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Kooldame: 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2022
As long as you have manage to fly out of this kountry,in fact you have already succeeded.Félicitations!

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2022
Sheuns:

Bro. Can you confirm requirements for opening a bank account and domicilary account over there?

I am in the process already and it's not difficult. They just need your passport (not any ID card), then proof of address signed by the police that's all. Then at least 5k.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Johnsown1(m): 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2022
Congratulations bro

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Elsueno: 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yoighaman:
There's so much money to be made in Nigeria, I wonder why people leave if financial gains is their goal; even the oyinbos see Naija as a place they can cash out, that's why you'd see Lebanese, Chinese, Indians and even Europeans in Nigeria, it is so interesting that some of them even hold our Nigerian passport, just to make the money. The playing ground might not be level, just pray that your borderlines fall unto you in good places. There are beggars and homeless people in Nigeria, so there are in the US. Na God know where everybody go make am.

Sense of security perhaps, at least in those countries they pretend to held those who err accountable & sometimes they actually do. But in Nigeria, even the police is looking for a chance to extort money from u. People in power steal & flaunt it our faces etc..

6 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by TheOgaBoss: 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:
You left Nigeria to resettle in Togo, a french-speaking country. And you are doing keke-napep work there.
Sorry you must be very daft.
I tire, with 3 million couldn't the op buy 3 Keke and put them on hire purchase?
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by BleedTears: 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
emmykk:

You made some wrong steps...
You should have go to an English speaking country
You don't know Togo much but spend to buy Keke for someone there.what if he move away with the tricycle.

Enjoy your life
Read again he said he want a French speaking country for a purpose, to migrate to Canada or France. You get the point now

4 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Doyou2019: 6:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
yinkeys:
Are Nigerians safe in African & Asian countries?
People should be careful though
Any little crime they’d say it’s Nigerians

Are you, a Nigerian, safe in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by MyFrenchVoyage(f): 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Honestly you have read my mind. I am searching for where I can enrol for french classes so that I learn the french. My plan is to find way to France or Canada.

You can contact me if you need a personal French tutor.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by OmegaAutos: 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
CSTRR:

What is wrong with France?

France no pure for hustle, Canada is better

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by sharpwriter(m): 6:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
obembet:
Nairalanders help me I want to sue lala
Why?
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by OdefaGirl(f): 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
You've got a very resilient spirit. God bless you and bring good people your way. This is really a story to tell.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by izubext007: 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
Thank God for you......... wishing good luck

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Davidganna10: 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Honestly you have read my mind. I am searching for where I can enrol for french classes so that I learn the french. My plan is to find way to France or Canada.
that's nice good luck

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Kriss216: 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
Mariangeles:

How’s their food so far?

Create a food diary on the food section to share your food adventure please. cheesy
You and food, Mariah cheesy cheesy

How was your day?

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Perfecttouchade: 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
U will find favour and I understand the struggle very well..God be with u
Togobroz:
Happy new month to everyone and I wish to thank God for his grace so far.

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by benjanny(m): 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2022
Best Of Luck

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Iglesia02(m): 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
jaxxy:

How can anywhere but Nigeria be a welcome development?? undecided

We need to drop our desperation and use our head and think.

U made 1.5m and then 3m in Nigeria then ran to unknown Togo?? undecided
You lost 1.5m and latter made 3m. Instead of growing, you decided to run away to an unknown FUTURE.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by googlepikins: 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
Centrallock:

I see ₦360,000,000 I fear o. 360,000 CFA Abi Aboki express app dey mad?
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by guru90: 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
I don't know why I don't like any other African countries to travel to.......

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by nedekid: 6:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
Jesus christ is lord!
Has naija gotten this bad a young man will save and relocate to Togo?
Anyway, God bless your hustle.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by lanre88(m): 6:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
Wish you all the best bro, you surely would make a fortune over there.

My people, have you tried Network Marketing? Chai...don't ever say there is no money in this country again.

He who has eyes, let him see.
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by miqos02(m): 6:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hanks0000:
Félicitations mon gar...
Je vous souhaite une bonne chance..
lol

Merci

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Bankowner: 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
Centrallock:

If it is the same currency used in Benin Republic, then exchange rate when buying CFA is 1:1. With that kind of rate, accommodation of a room and parlor for #360,000 isn't any different from that in Nigeria.
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by sukkot: 6:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
CSTRR:
Personally, there is no African country that I would ever immigrate to.

None of them can give me what I want.
and what exactly do you want ? to be a second class citizen in a white mans country ? you and kingthreat are fools. your mind has been colonised

8 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Sumdude: 6:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
Bless up bro!�
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by sukkot: 6:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
exnovio:
Good move bro ,.....same move i made 15years ago and a found myself in Spain . ...i like guys like us
why dont you tell him about your sufferings in spain ? and how they abuse black people lol

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Who Died After Container Fell On Her In Lagos (Photos) / 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. / 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.