Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup (28045 Views)

Guinea Bissau President, Umaro Embaló Visits President Tinubu In Lagos / President Buhari Receives The President Of Guinea-Bissau, Sissoco Embalo / President Umaro Embalo Names Street After Buhari For His ‘Fear Of God’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by fergie001: 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2022
I have spoken with President Umaro Sissoco Embalo of Guinea Bissau.

I was very pleased to hear from him that the situation has been brought under control and that all is well; normalcy has been fully restored in the country.

I congratulated him on surviving the coup attempt, and commended the country’s loyal troops for the show of patriotism which led to their spectacular victory over disloyal military elements.

The attempt to subvert the established constitutional order in Guinea Bissau is totally condemnable. Guinea-Bissauans and the Embalo administration will comtinue to enjoy the goodwill and support of the government and people of Nigeria.

I look forward to working with President Embalo to strengthen the existing bilateral ties between our sisterly nations, and the defence and promotion of democracy and its values throughout the sub-region, and the entire continent.

Muhammadu Buhari

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by slimfit1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
Buhari could be next karma.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by SarkinYarki: 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
How I wish Shagari could have survived Buharis needless coup like this and by today Nigeria would have been the clear giant of Africa

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by slivertongue: 3:10pm On Feb 02, 2022
Buhari is becoming petty . Congratulations for what really?

32 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by socialmediaman: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
Imagine if the rest of the world had come to Nigeria's rescue in 1984
[img]https://c./-HfTRwXMWT0AAAAC/kid-thinking.gif[/img]

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by slawormiir: 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by Haryour12(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
sad
Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by GeneralOjukwu: 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
angry

I am a lover of Nigeria but not a lover of Buhari.

Wouldn't it be nice if he sets a record for being overthrown BOTH as Military Head of State and Civilian President.

He was a failure even in the North that he's so nepotistic to... Even in Katsina, his own home State.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
Thank God he wasn't overthrown

1.For the gang saying Guinea Bissau would have been better with coups. They have, since independence in 1975, had four coups and are still poor. So, you people want them to try and try again something that has failed.

2.For those saying Nigeria should have a coup, have the past coups we had transformed our country? Plus, insecurity was a big problem under millitary rule.

3.For those chanting that Nigeria should have a coup, and backing people like Kanu and Iboho...you know what would have happened to them under Army rule, right? They won't have even seen a court, or a prision....

4.For those chanting for coup in Nigeria, and supporting ENDSARS...you know, the way army handled protesters under Army rule, it makes what happened in Lekki looks like child's play compared to that. Go and read what happened to student protesters in 1978 and 1986, and then come and tell me you want army rule.

5.For those chanting Army rule...Buhari millitary could close down a media house for over 6 months, same as IBB and Abacha, and nothing would happen. Army rulers would not only ban twitter like Bubu, they would ban all internet...like what is happening in Myanmar under Army rule there...and they will say national secuirity.

6.Finally, those who think Army rule would bring about a government of reformers....where do you think the people in the Army come from? The same place the corrupt leaders come from...the mass of Nigerian people.

Democracy is hard work. If Nzeogwu had resigned his millitary commision in 1965, and gone into poltiics, millions of people would have been alive, and maybe he could have gotten into power peacefully and changed things. Instead, he used gun and set off a powderkeg, and we are still dealing with the fallout from his antics today

And yes, Buhari, GEJ, Obasanjo, Yaradua and all of them have FAILED....but their civilian rules were better than army rule. Nigeria is not going back to army rule. And yes, again..if we want better government...there is a reason why it is called a participatory democracy.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by TimFisher2: 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
undecided

Black Kettle calling Pot black

Once a coupist is always a coupist (1999)

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by Kosoco(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
Nigeria Will Be Great.. Thank You His Excellency M Buhari
Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by Ruggedniggaone: 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
If this guinea president survive another coup this year make I bend buhari congratulated him and he didn't reject it

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by Dredu: 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
Birds of a feather

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by kenzysmith: 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
How come we vote for a old looking biuhari and we are now seeing a younger buhari? Nigerians are the most cowordice people I have ever seen look at how small countries are taking the bull by the horn why some Nigerians smile to their grave with pains in their heart sad

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by kingthreat(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
socialmediaman:
Meanwhile

You are a Nigerian citizen too. Are you among the impoverished in your picture?
Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by PoliteActivist: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
Guy looks like guy man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by Elzazzi: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
angry

Just look at a coup plotter who overthrew a democratically elected government talking. The funniest thing is, a bigger disaster from the west is positioning himself to take over. Lol

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by wisdom042(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
Always quick to put mouth in other countries problem while his country is still suffering from Bandit, Boko haram, Herdsmen and the rest of them, I wish that coup will happen in this devilish regime so we can all rest. Spits

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by Vickyguero17(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
When you do the right thing you won't experience coup in your nation God save his Ass Sha make him dey watch I'm steps people dey suffer for Africa
Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by MoneyGoDrop: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
Buhari has to congratulate him because he can remember how he ran out of Donda barracks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by Kingpele(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
The guilty is afraid when no one is pursuing him

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by Stevenson20: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
Idiot. Military suppose to send you away from Aso Rock a month you assumed office.

You're very lucky our military rubber balls to oust you, unlike their counterpart that have iron balls.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by Akinsete19(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
We re, e go soon reach your turn

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by merits(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
another bad luck loading.............. cry cry cry crytoo bad.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by AbuAeesha: 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
i have noticed the president likes to behave like a big brother while relating with other leaders especially african leaders, hence one of his reason for attending events that are not necessary for him to attend.
it is well!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by GOTVee: 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will like my fellow Christians to copy the good example of our Muslim brothers. No Muslim nation has ever experienced coup. Only Christians plan coup and it's shameful I belong to such religion sad
Re: Buhari Congratulates Guinea Bissau President, Embalo For Surviving Coup by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
PMB is a man with 99 lives, survived coups, assasination attempt pre-2015, survived numerous hospitalizations; survived Covid, survived ruthless Abba Kyari.

I am suspecting he has a date with destiny that he must fulfil.

I doubt it will be a good destiny for Nigerians though.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Obasanjo, Babangida, Abdulsalami, Gusau SHOP For Buhari’s Successor / Stop Tagging Soldiers As Muslims, Christians – Shehu Sani Replies Gumi / Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.