Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,531 members, 7,837,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (25973 Views)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by halaal: 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2022
My experience trying to interact with a mind player at a one distance who wants you to take epiphany mind conjurings, when you try it out, it leads to chaos,other people feed off it and leave a negative after effect, so I'll really be a fool to think that taking action after a mind epiphany session with someone on my supposed intentions not being able to perceive their thoughts would end in a disaster,I have tried it, it doesn't work with these black people here, it looks they were all deceived before so they hope to renact it, what would forever work is the financial freedom to pay bills, travel anywhere you want to go, seek visa, familiarise yourself with people by being friendly when you buy them.things like going to a club or bar and buying people drinks, anyone trying to be your prodigy who is not offering directly a legitimate business opportunity is wasting their time, even my assertion that you should empower platforms is not working, we are simply embolding them to have that supreme status and thru wont seek to empower one. I think the enemy has shown clearly that they are not ready to play by the rules.

And they still want you to use the limited resources you have to get a call girl, not going to work , and yet left money is still going around and yet I'm not accessing it, don't want to access it, the mind games you play to access it, it's not funny all,it's better you ignore it completely. I mean even when you buy stuff abd pay legitimateoney, they carry out spiritual attacks, I mean I literally have to shout before any trade transaction that terms and conditions apply complying with trade laws. They use neocromancy to project some weird invisible attack on one's mouth just for buying things, or supposed mind communication sessions which you cannot even track, you even hear epiphanies that they are in spirit mode in your room and you need to manifest them into reality with your mind. You cannot trust these people. I'll stick with verbal talk and consensual business arrangements, as for showing emotion to women, not possible untill I have good money to be in a better apartment and have a couple of good peeps around and then I could arrange for consensual sex, in the meantime I'm hopeful an opportunity comes by. The mind game is to make you frustrated to play and become subservient, but trust me I won't, how can you engage in a trade system with nopast references or timeline, I'm not a fool.
How can one creatively conjure epiphanies on doing good for the world when you are faced with serious economic financial challenges and you have everyone seeking attention and they are still creating fake I have got you, to create the false illusion thst they are my protegee. Its all lies, you white people are being deceived. The sooner you shut these people down, all of them the better, I explained how the guessing game works. How can over 10 people in an hour try to superimpose their thoughts to my subconscious and ignore using digital footprints on social media, the goal is to make me frustrated so I attempt sone desperate subservience. We cannot simply allow these people to continue doing this. so many delusions of grandeur,I have never been in a relationship before for over 30 years, any assertion thst I have is false, they call forced spiritism wife or girlfriend attachment which is a spiritual crime, if someone is in another dimension is having sex or having an image of you which would prevent you from having a real relationship in real life, that's why there's a command for one not to make any false image of a god or God and is it not said we are God's, in those days they used to destroy souls of those involved in such crimes. Notice that diseases worldwide increased and divorce and so many nasty stuff started happening because the wickedness and deception of higher realms or ufos.

We have to seggragate people who are normal from those who are abnormal, a typical Nigerian is not ready to hear that you are free and not a slave like them so there is this pull down syndrome
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by gaskiyamagana: 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Naturally the black man prefers ready made solutions so they will always opt for it ...they would rather work for an established company than help a start up grow , they will rather marry a well to do person instead of growing with a person with potential....it's a black man thing,, he never fixes anything he would rather destroy and move to next green place
So, those who are desperate to leave destroy Nigeria ?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:
but what do you think?
Bros stop asking questions when you know answers, country wey the ghost president they say he will...... After 7years in power.
Security---- he will.
Economy---- he will.
Health------ he will.
Education---- he no even get.
Agriculture--- he send his boys to kill all the farmers. Abeg stop this ship I no dey go again.
Make I pot enter Togo.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by gaskiyamagana: 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2022
prevail23:
That "Sweeping" dat you said Nigerians do there to make ends meet, if sweeping streets and menial jobs here in Nigeria pay as much as it does in European countries, u think say boys no go throway "pride" do am?
Some security men for Naija dey hardly see 3 square meal chop, but some security men abroad even have cool investments here in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by christianjoy(m): 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2022
Omniman:
?!

£9 per hour is minimum amount you collect as a cleaner.

If you clock in normal 9 - 0

Thats £9 * 8hrs

£72 per day...
Over 40000 thousand naira

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by alarm4: 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2022
Pls go and ask the Unborn and the dead if they will like come to Nigeria for a second chance...
And hear there feed back u will knw that Nigeria is a cast country.....

Even children that has not yet enter the world will denied Nigeria ...if God open thier eye to see beyond wht Nigeria is like ...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 03, 2022
A lot of Nigerians are third class citizens in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by bukitt: 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2022
Pls bro, as I fit take secure Sweden visa? Help a brother.
Nonexisting:
I used to be but I'm not now. In fact, my guys and I currently have valid visas which are fast expiring but we are seriously considering dumping them because things are working well for us here now. We can't abandon everything and go over there to start life all over again.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by kwasoly(m): 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:
I fully understand the despair and all the challenges at home which is largely responsible for this ugly situation.

But why going through so much just to cross to another country, they will gather a lot of money, movement from one African country to another before embarking on the dangerous journey of uncertainty.

They will finally end up sleeping on the streets of European countries after getting there, some of them hawk and sweep to make ends meet, but back at home they won't do those things because of pride.

Why going to another country to become a third class citizen?

There's this wrong notion that as a graduate you must work inside one fine office with suit and tie, live a lavish lifestyle and try to impress men and women.
Nollywood movies and Nigerian politicians encourage this a lot.

We worship people that return from abroad, even if they do dirty jobs like drugs, all our people want to see when you return is beautiful car and house and they will worship you automatically.

Are Nigerians outside even enjoying? Because some bad ones have soiled our reputation badly, we don't have good image anywhere in the world, even within Africa, nobody trusts a Nigerian anymore, so why going through so much just to become an object of ridicule out there? They end up doing those menial jobs they won't do at home.

We look down on people that make legitimate ends meet in Nigeria through menial jobs but worship and glorify Yahoo boys and corrupt politicians! Something is indeed wrong with us.

No society can make headways with this kind of mindset and mentality our people have.

This your write-up no make sense

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Charly500(m): 12:43pm On Feb 03, 2022
Nothing seems to be working in nigeria anymore, our system is designed to frustrate the common man.

Coruption everywhere you turn to, meanwhile we are all blaming only buhari. We as citizens are not helping ourselves, with people so ready to swindle the next person just to make it in life, showing no sign of remorse towards their actions.

We dont trust ourselves anymore in this country, even most families are divided because of greed of a few.

we now do thanksgivings in church every sunday for getting to our destinations safely, because of the deteriorating state of insecurity all over the country.

In nigeria, embezzlement of public funds is now a new normal, as public office holders are so comfortable and confident while carrying out their illegal activties at the detriment of nigerians, because they know that at the end of the day, the government agencies tasked to pursue such cases can always be bribed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by specialbobby(m): 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
One girl add me one facebook and we dey blend well oo I ask of her country she told Trinidad and tobago I con tell babe say me na naija man naso babe just block me straight grin grin

OP na people like you spoil this country which kain question you dey ask so? Any way to japa from here na welcome development

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by jimcaddy(m): 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2022
Exactly my point. We have such a poor mindset and this mindset has become poisonous and stereotypical. We believe that once we can travel outside of Nigeria either on schooling, our lives have automatically become better. That's a fallacy. Unless you migrate as a skilled migrant and get yourself a white collar job. Meaning you must have been academically sound in your home country before travelling. Many Nigerians will just look for money, and travel in the hope that they will do "German German" and Sha make it one way or the other. Firstly you are already disadvantaged being a Nigerian because they don't respect Nigerians anywhere. Secondly you're black. Racism will kick in. Thirdly, you no get the right papers, no PR. You just dey loaf up and down. One day something will happen, where you are and police will come and raid there and it's the immigrants they will arrest and deport first. We dey shout say Naija no good, Naija no good, yet we have so many Indians and Lebanese here with business ventures and are making so much money here. They only go to their home countries for holidays. They love Naija. So it's whatever and wherever works for you. Success is not usually a function of location. it's about what you want for yourself and how you plan it

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2022
Basic reason why is simple...they want enough money to meet their social obligations.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by jimcaddy(m): 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2022
You know how many Naija guys might have scammed her. Nigerians are wicked. We no get chill. We are so greedy and self centred. We don't care. Next time tell them you're Ghanaian. Infact I'd like to get a passport of another African country.
specialbobby:
One girl add me one facebook and we dey blend well oo I ask of her country she told Trinidad and tobago I con tell babe say me na naija man naso babe just block me straight grin grin

OP na people like you spoil this country which kain question you dey ask so? Any way to japa from here na welcome development

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Newboss(m): 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2022
They hawk and sweep abroad because they earn more than Nigerian professors.

Also, living in this country is a security risk. From police to ritualist, everybody wan chop you like say you be toto

Be wise.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by TheGift: 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2022
Omniman:
?!

£9 per hour is minimum amount you collect as a cleaner.

If you clock in normal 9 - 0

Thats £9 * 8hrs

£72 per day...

This is a more realistic and practical way to look at it.

~£ 72 * 20 working days = £ 1440 per month

~Minus 30% on taxes = £1008
~Minus average monthly rent of £600= £ 408
~Minus monthly utility bills (gas and water) @ £50 = £358
~Minus food/housekeeping per month @ £ 150 = £208
~Minus phone bill @ £38 = £170
~Minus transport @ £30 = £140

~£140 divided by 20 working days = £7 per day for clothing, leisure, savings, and/or sending back to your people in naija, so that they can come and join the hustle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Newboss(m): 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2022
Spanki:

Sadly a lizard in Nigeria will not get to America and turn into a crocodile.�

It will become a crocodile when it comes back to Nigeria with dual citizenship.

Better perspective

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by cherryCola: 1:02pm On Feb 03, 2022
tmtech:
You are looking at this from a very narrow end of it..
A medical doctor in Nigeria will earn way more in the west.

Even the so called menial jobs like a garbage man or mail man or a waiter that pay less than $ 50 here pay you much more than that , plus your quality of life will definitely improve.
Just make sure you follow a legal means. Don't go through Libya , risking your life only to end up on the street of Europe or even worse , a detention center.

Do you know that a man that earns $20 dollars a day
in Nigeria, lives a more comfortable Life than a man
that earns $50 per day abroad undecided .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by sonofelizabeth(m): 1:02pm On Feb 03, 2022
deepwater:
u see that story all Nigerian parents from 60 years above tells their kids / grandkids --- in the 70s, the Naira was more than the dollar, there was no need to travel out, a carton of gulder was 1 naira 80 kobo, i bought my 1st Beetle car from Volkswagen it came nylon wrapped encased in a wooden box, we were sending money to our friends in England,etc etc if i had known that the military and bad politicians would ruin this country i would have not stayed back....

and you as the child go come they imagine say ur life for better like say you papa been travel that year o!

young adults of today dont want to tell that story in the next 30 years !

My dad of blessed memory told me this story countless times. By God's grace, I will do everything in my power to not tell my kids this same story. He was given the option to stay back after his degree but opted to return to Nigeria.

Affliction will not rise a second time.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by SarkinYarki: 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

So, those who are desperate to leave destroy Nigeria ?

All of us dey destroy this country, na we dey customs , dey PHCN , dey 419, dey Police , na we dey ministry wey no dey gree do our work , na we dey Lagos dey dump refuse for road divider in the night...it's all us man it's all us

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2022
This is a beautiful comment, recommended smiley smiley.

When you leave Nigeria, your eyes are open, then one begin to realize, we are still living in the stone age.

chigoziri2403:
Insecurity
The human live is not valued here,
Lack of social amenities
Institutional corruption

Even our leaders don't take Nigeria seriously
That's why their doctors are foreigners

Nigerians travel to witness a system that works
I implore every Nigerian that can afford to travel, to see how organised other climes are
Even neighbouring Cotonou here is far more organized than Nigeria

Below is a picture of the abia state governor in China, without the razzmatazz and fanfare he goes around with in Nigeria
That's the difference between the two countries

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by ellizy(m): 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2022
Because **ojojumo-lan-ji-ri-iya**…. Da green as said it all..
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by cherryCola: 1:09pm On Feb 03, 2022
jimcaddy:
Exactly my point. We have such a poor mindset and this mindset has become poisonous and stereotypical. We believe that once we can travel outside of Nigeria either on schooling, our lives have automatically become better. That's a fallacy. Unless you migrate as a skilled migrant and get yourself a white collar job. Meaning you must have been academically sound in your home country before travelling. Many Nigerians will just look for money, and travel in the hope that they will do "German German" and Sha make it one way or the other. Firstly you are already disadvantaged being a Nigerian because they don't respect Nigerians anywhere. Secondly you're black. Racism will kick in. Thirdly, you no get the right papers, no PR. You just dey loaf up and down. One day something will happen, where you are and police will come and raid there and it's the immigrants they will arrest and deport first. We dey shout say Naija no good, Naija no good, yet we have so many Indians and Lebanese here with business ventures and are making so much money here. They only go to their home countries for holidays. They love Naija. So it's whatever and wherever works for you. Success is not usually a function of location. it's about what you want for yourself and how you plan it

If only they know this cry .
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
Very true, wonderful, i recommend Nigerians to have a health mindset, before traveling, dont take only the common mindset of peope, have a mindset that is healthy and can stand globally.

1) Have high value, high value skills, in technology and art, start developing skills that compete globally.

2) Make friends with people in other countries, be humble to learn and take only what is good and discard negative. things.

3) I believe we ought to think in the global ways, so we are already familiar, with the global culture and Job market.

quote author=jimcaddy post=109919520]Exactly my point. We have such a poor mindset and this mindset has become poisonous and stereotypical. We believe that once we can travel outside of Nigeria either on schooling, our lives have automatically become better. That's a fallacy. Unless you migrate as a skilled migrant and get yourself a white collar job. Meaning you must have been academically sound in your home country before travelling. Many Nigerians will just look for money, and travel in the hope that they will do "German German" and Sha make it one way or the other. Firstly you are already disadvantaged being a Nigerian because they don't respect Nigerians anywhere. Secondly you're black. Racism will kick in. Thirdly, you no get the right papers, no PR. You just dey loaf up and down. One day something will happen, where you are and police will come and raid there and it's the immigrants they will arrest and deport first. We dey shout say Naija no good, Naija no good, yet we have so many Indians and Lebanese here with business ventures and are making so much money here. They only go to their home countries for holidays. They love Naija. So it's whatever and wherever works for you. Success is not usually a function of location. it's about what you want for yourself and how you plan it [/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:
I fully understand the despair and all the challenges at home which is largely responsible for this ugly situation.

But why going through so much just to cross to another country, they will gather a lot of money, movement from one African country to another before embarking on the dangerous journey of uncertainty.

They will finally end up sleeping on the streets of European countries after getting there, some of them hawk and sweep to make ends meet, but back at home they won't do those things because of pride.

There's this wrong notion that as a graduate you must work inside one fine office with suit and tie, live a lavish lifestyle and try to impress men and women.

We worship people that return from abroad, even if they do dirty jobs like drugs, all our people want to see when you return is beautiful car and house and they will worship you automatically.

Are Nigerians outside even enjoying? Because some bad ones have soiled our reputation badly, we don't have good image anywhere in the world, even within Africa, nobody trusts a Nigerian anymore, so why going through so much just to become an object of ridicule out there? They end up doing those menial jobs they won't do at home.

We look down on people that make legitimate ends meet in Nigeria through menial jobs but worship and glorify Yahoo boys and corrupt politicians! Something is indeed wrong with us.

No society can make headways with this kind of mindset and mentality our people have.

"The below quote by Russia's President Putin answereth your question". - Village People Spokesperson.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Joseph08(m): 1:17pm On Feb 03, 2022
Because Nigeria is a shithole if you don't gerrit forget abourrit.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Rollitout: 1:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
I av already japa and I am not coming back if u like stay 4 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by mediainc: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
E don they, no be today.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by kuntash: 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2022
Very Dumb question
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Panda7(m): 1:28pm On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:

it is called adaptive behavior in habitats..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Car Crashes Into A Tree At FUNAAB Campus, 3 Injured (Photos) / China's Igbo Person Of The Year 2014 [photo] / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.