Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,307 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (25887 Views)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by mastertek: 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2022
Is Nigeria a country?

Nigeria is not qualify to be call a country.

A dog eat eat dog country.

No just single functional government institution,

A shop and let me shop my own govt.

The problem is that, there's so much gap between people who are benefits in this country and the poor masses to the extent that they can't even feel the heat, the reason OP is asking that question.

No security, all security agency see the poor masses as something they should be using for shooting exercise & the politicians & the wealthy people only deserve to live.

Anybody in power can just wakeup & decided to kill you & your family if he/she doesn't like your face, and nothing will happen.

There's nothing like government in this useless country, it's just gathering of secret cultists with power

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Memyselfu2009(m): 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2022
Nothing is working
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by pacespot(m): 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2022
I think the right question should be "why do we still have some people staying back and refuse to leave the country"

Nigeria is not a normal country my friend, you need to be outside of the country to understand the meaning of that statement.

Do you know that in Nigeria, someone that is bitter can destroy your years of hardwork without being made to face any repercussions unless you can fight on your own to get your justice?

There is no rule of law in this country, the existing laws are governed by the wish and sentiments of few individuals called cabals or connected people.

17 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
Sapa keep choking people seriously

Patronze my signature[quote][/quote]
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Kallotti: 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2022
Why not?
I left o! The best decision I ever made to escape SPIRITUAL AND EMOTIONAL POVERTY.

I have a soul and a conscience. Those are the most important things I cannot achieve or preserve ANYWHERE IN AFRIICA.

Bonus? My children MUST MARRY ONLY WHITE PEOPLE!

Less shouting and emotional abuse in their lives. I don WARN them SERIOUSLY! ✅

Yes, they have the ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND FREEDOM to choose.

But I have let them know MY PREFERENCE. They don’t have to make the choices I made because I HAD NONE! They have. Hallelujah.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Legendoo: 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2022
Abroad don dey cast.

Please check rental prices abroad before you leave otherwise na suffer head oh.

Between abroad is boring. I envy rich Nigerians living in Nigeria. Screw all that working system bullshit

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Lamasta(m): 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:
I fully understand the despair and all the challenges at home which is largely responsible for this ugly situation.

But why going through so much just to cross to another country, they will gather a lot of money, movement from one African country to another before embarking on the dangerous journey of uncertainty.

They will finally end up sleeping on the streets of European countries after getting there, some of them hawk and sweep to make ends meet, but back at home they won't do those things because of pride.

Why going to another country to become a third class citizen?

There's this wrong notion that as a graduate you must work inside one fine office with suit and tie, live a lavish lifestyle and try to impress men and women.
Nollywood movies and Nigerian politicians encourage this a lot.

We worship people that return from abroad, even if they do dirty jobs like drugs, all our people want to see when you return is beautiful car and house and they will worship you automatically.

Are Nigerians outside even enjoying? Because some bad ones have soiled our reputation badly, we don't have good image anywhere in the world, even within Africa, nobody trusts a Nigerian anymore, so why going through so much just to become an object of ridicule out there? They end up doing those menial jobs they won't do at home.

We look down on people that make legitimate ends meet in Nigeria through menial jobs but worship and glorify Yahoo boys and corrupt politicians! Something is indeed wrong with us.

No society can make headways with this kind of mindset and mentality our people have.
Na Buhari effect dey push people out o grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Muyiwaipere(m): 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2022
deepwater:
u see that story all Nigerian parents from 60 years above tells their kids / grandkids --- in the 70s, the Naira was more than the dollar, there was no need to travel out, a carton of gulder was 1 naira 80 kobo, i bought my 1st Beetle car from Volkswagen it came nylon wrapped encased in a wooden box, we were sending money to our friends in England,etc etc if i had known that the military and bad politicians would ruin this country i would have not stayed back....

and you as the child go come they imagine say ur life for better like say you papa been travel that year o!

young adults of today dont want to tell that story in the next 30 years !

people are eager to leave now not to tell their children such pathetic story, even if things dont wotk out (God forbid) at least it would be on record that they tried in their prime
No wonder you are most active on travels topic
We all made one to two irrevocable mistake.. Aunty move on

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Forgodsgrace: 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2022
How many people dey do better work for abroad?Most of the people travelling abroad are doing menial jobs while so many are into runs/illegal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Brushstrokes20: 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2022
Such a rhetorical question!
The lifeless scammer and cohorts have destroyed the shithole beyond redemption! undecided
In search of a SOLUTION, Nig found it's BIGGEST PROBLEM! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by mach7(m): 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
@OP, not every Nigerian is in that "desperation" category.

Yes, a lot of things are not working as it should when compared to other climes. However, not everyone is as desirous to run over there because the grass is not always greener on the other side, even if it appears to be so.

Some of us can and will still make it here.

Each to his own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by viqSmallz(m): 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2022
yusluvad:
Because the country isn't helping anyone, family, homes, students, civil servants, self employed, businesses. E.t.c.
What makes up the country?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Henz81: 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:
I fully understand the despair and all the challenges at home which is largely responsible for this ugly situation.

But why going through so much just to cross to another country, they will gather a lot of money, movement from one African country to another before embarking on the dangerous journey of uncertainty.

They will finally end up sleeping on the streets of European countries after getting there, some of them hawk and sweep to make ends meet, but back at home they won't do those things because of pride.

There's this wrong notion that as a graduate you must work inside one fine office with suit and tie, live a lavish lifestyle and try to impress men and women.

We worship people that return from abroad, even if they do dirty jobs like drugs, all our people want to see when you return is beautiful car and house and they will worship you automatically.

Are Nigerians outside even enjoying? Because some bad ones have soiled our reputation badly, we don't have good image anywhere in the world, even within Africa, nobody trusts a Nigerian anymore, so why going through so much just to become an object of ridicule out there? They end up doing those menial jobs they won't do at home.

We look down on people that make legitimate ends meet in Nigeria through menial jobs but worship and glorify Yahoo boys and corrupt politicians! Something is indeed wrong with us.

No society can make headways with this kind of mindset and mentality our people have.
Question for the gods.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:

Larger population when there is scarcity of resources. Everybody want to fvck and fvck fvck not minding the few available resources that have refused to go round. FFK want to have up to 20 wives. Our politicians in the North and south including their relatives want to have as many wives as possible impregnate them so that they can eat and distribute the national cake among themselves and their families. Is that not madness. Yet they will throw peanuts at people like you so that you can vote for them.
If you don't have leg in Nigeria you will crawl laslas for you to make it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by GUNITGuy: 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2022
GUNITGuy:

See questions ?? Don't mind op
why is he desperate to stay in the country inspite all odds.... Or elite class who enjoy displaying their wealth to the poor slnce that won't be ideal overseas they stay here even if they have the means of traveling
Or you belong to the privilege few who benefit from the disorder in the society......
RoyalBoutique:
Do you live under a rock?

Abi you no dey see the situation of things in the country?
See questions ??
why are you desperate to stay in the country inspire all odds....
Or you belong to the privilege few who benefit from the disorder in the society......
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Greatfullheart: 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2022
If you ask me, na who i go ask? Even Animals are of the currently regime they wan japa and gerrout of this country.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by abbeyty90: 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2022
And some Nigerians are ready to die for all these politicians who made the country unliveable and brov those cleaners you are talking about don't have to wait xtra month/months before they receive their salary
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by BigDawsNet: 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2022
Because the home country gov failed the citizens providing all neccassry amenities required to have a better life
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by SarkinYarki: 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2022
Naturally the black man prefers ready made solutions so they will always opt for it ...they would rather work for an established company than help a start up grow , they will rather marry a well to do person instead of growing with a person with potential....it's a black man thing,, he never fixes anything he would rather destroy and move to next green place

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Prettygirl200(f): 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2022
Bros ur first paragraph answers ur question undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Falconx47: 12:21pm On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:

You are jumbling so many unrelated things into one.

While the desperation to leave the country by some persons can be nauseating, claiming not to know the reason for the desperation would be lying to one's self.

Would you rather sweep the road for $15 an hour, or would you do same for $15 a month and yet one pot bellied politician will seize the money for months without paying you? Simple analogy...who says it's about pride?

No need getting emotional about these things, the sources of our problems run deep and of course most of us contribute to these problems in a way...we can try to contribute to solving them without feigning ignorance or playing the blame game.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2022
Before i add my comment..

NIGERIA POLICE.... the devil wen go punish una is preparing his demons and weapons spiritual ones for una... you una worse pass yahoo boys and yahoo plus..

Taking phones and laptops of working class individuals and saying u didn't steal it.. Devil will continue to punish u guys... the useless ones sent on the roads to commit these crimes. DEVIL PUNISH UNA..... Time will meet up with una soonest!!

Country hard... Its worse since ApC government took over $165 to $600.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by LogicBomb8: 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
Suffer no dey tire u?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Eastcaostboy: 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:

Orchis. Who told you drug money is dirty money, tell me about the good money, momos
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by akin9ja78(m): 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
If everybody have the mindset of i want to pay myself Nigeria will be far gone. I am a king and i will be here in Nigeria till i get back my throne.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by ElValiente(m): 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2022
How much they pay u for this idiot. Pride won't let them do it back home right? Earn naira and earn Euro and see the difference. Ode.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by manee2(m): 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2022
Omniman:
?!

£9 per hour is minimum amount you collect as a cleaner.

If you clock in normal 9 - 0

Thats £9 * 8hrs

£72 per day...

Akiko grin

A federal worker monthly pay

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by kingPhidel(m): 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2022
IELTS on point

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by halaal: 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
What if you are a white soul in a black body how do I seek immigration by virtue of the fact that you are being discriminated against fir your sheer ability not to be telepathic in communication
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by gaskiyamagana: 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:

"Why going to another country to become a third class citizen?
As third class citizen you are enjoying yourself and be able to send something home. Above all you are not a political slave to a tribe. No daily news of monumental corruption by the government agencies and officials without timely and conclusive procecution.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Awoleesu(m): 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:

How do you define the adverb "Fully" in the context of the phrase, "I fully understand..."?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hardworking Deaf Man Seen Driving Keke Napep In Umuahia Melts Hearts(pics) / The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) / 14-Year-Old JSS1 Student Crushed To Death By Truck In Ibadan. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.