Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,305 members, 7,867,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:56 AM

Am I Ready For Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Ready For Marriage? (576 Views)

When Am I Ready For Marriage? / Nigerian Lady Ready For Marriage On Twitter (Photo) / Am I Ready To Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Ready For Marriage? by quadrant4: 6:36am On Jun 23, 2011
One teenage bride says of her husband: “Now that we are married, the only time he acts interested in me is when he wants sex. He thinks his boyfriends are just as important to be with as I am. . . . I thought I was going to be his one and only, but was I fooled.” This highlights a misconception that is common among young men: They think that as husbands, they can still live the life-style of single men.
A 19-year-old bride points to a problem common among young wives: “I’d rather watch TV and sleep than clean house and fix meals. I’m ashamed when my husband’s parents visit because they keep a nice house and mine is always a mess. I’m a lousy cook, too.” What stress it can add to a marriage when a girl is incompetent domestically! “Marriage really takes commitment,” stated Vicky (previously quoted). “This isn’t a game. The fun of the wedding is over. It soon becomes day-to-day living and that isn’t easy.”
And what about the day-to-day grind of supporting a family? Vicky’s husband, Mark, says: “I remember that for my first job I had to get up at 6 a.m. I kept thinking: ‘This is hard work. Will I ever get some relief?’ And then when I got home I felt that Vicky didn’t understand what I was going through.”
This brings us to another cause of marital discord for young married couples: money. Forty-eight teenage couples admitted that after three months of marriage, their biggest problem was “spending family income.” After nearly three years, 37 of these couples were asked the same question. Money problems were number one again—and their anguish was even worse! “What fun can you get out of life,” asked Bill, “when you never have enough money to buy the things you need to make you content? . . . When you don’t have enough to last from one payday to another, it can start lots of fights and unhappiness.”
Re: Am I Ready For Marriage? by kpolli(m): 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2011
ur point? undecided
Re: Am I Ready For Marriage? by HURUCHI(m): 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2011
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Am I Ready For Marriage? by quadrant4: 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2011
The point should one because of obstacles not married?
Re: Am I Ready For Marriage? by HotieTima(f): 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2011
your ready for marriage go get marry now undecided undecided undecided undecided whose stopping ya
Re: Am I Ready For Marriage? by MMM2(m): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2011
. angry
Re: Am I Ready For Marriage? by Mynd44: 8:25pm On Jun 23, 2011
What is the point of the topic?
Re: Am I Ready For Marriage? by tblacker(m): 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2011
looks like an essay to me.

No question to answer.

(1) (Reply)

Dateable And Marriable Ladies / Boast A Little. The Thread Where You List 10 Things You Love About Your Partner / It Is Pathetic To Fall In Love With Someone Who Does Not Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.