Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,516 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution (8555 Views)

Senator Bwacha Wins Taraba APC Gubernatorial Primary Rerun / 5 Killed At Buhari’s Rally In Taraba, Governor Ishaku’s Convoy Attacked - Nation / Governor Ishaku Crossed Gada Mayo To Visit Remote Areas In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Ebubu2: 9:37pm On Feb 03, 2022
The Senator representing Taraba South Senatorial District in the red chamber, Emmanuel Bwacha, said he left the Peoples Democratic Party for the All Progressives Congress to escape the “apparent persecution” of the state governor, Darius Ishaku.

Bwacha, who was until his defection on Thursday, the Senate Deputy Minority Leader, also said the PDP as a national party didn’t offend him but his grouse was with the leadership of the party in Taraba.

He spoke on Channels Television’s ‘Politics Today’ programme monitored by The PUNCH.

The lawmaker lamented “deliberate isolation from the governor”, adding that the dispute between himself and the governor was not from his part.

“I actually cannot point out exactly what is his (Ishaku’s) problem with me,” he said, adding that the governor barred public officials from attending his constituency projects and his other political activities.

“We (Ishaku and I) worked together in 2015 but in 2019, suddenly this hate came. I tried to speak to him about issues but it had always earned me hate. I tried to see him at a point but he shut the door at me,” the Senator said, adding that past and present leadership of the PDP didn’t help reconciliatory efforts.

Bwacha further alleged that Ishaku did all he could to ensure he didn’t return to the Senate in 2019, and that the governor also have been against his political progress.

He said, “I have not made public declaration about becoming a governor but there have been innuendos, insinuations. People have also been putting pressure on me to run for governor. And I overheard someone say that the only condition for me to sit with him (Ishaku) is if I would drop my gubernatorial ambition.”

Bwacha said the governor was wrong to have made the condition for them to reconcile conditioned on him dropping any ambition.

He said his defection is not about winning an election. “It is about an environment where you are not being persecuted, where you are given a latitude to operate, a free playing ground.

“My people are not in support of such persecution, they see me going through persecution that is unnecessary,” he noted.

“If you are staying in an environment where you will not survive, if you remain there, you are doing it at your own peril and I would not be part of such danger, I won’t endanger my political future in an environment where I am not guaranteed a clear future,” he added.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), alongside APC Caretaker Chairman and Governor of Yobe State, Mai Mala Buni, welcomed Bwacha into the APC on Thursday.

https://punchng.com/i-left-pdp-for-apc-to-escape-ishakus-persecution-taraba-senator/?amp

1 Like

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Xscape1993(m): 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2022
I pity you and your new found party. Just wait and see after 2023.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Bewiseedet(m): 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
PDP loan you to APC. See you after 2023

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Okoroawusa: 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2022
You are welcome my brother. APC is the last hope for Nigeria.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by slivertongue: 11:20pm On Feb 03, 2022
I said it, it's about 2023. He is looking for reasons to get the APC ticket

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by donpapa(m): 5:16am On Feb 04, 2022
Naija politicians? They’re the same yesterday, today and forever. It’s always about their selfish interests and not about the people.

“I have not made public declaration about becoming a governor but there have been innuendos, insinuations. People have also been putting pressure on me to run for governor. And I overheard someone say that the only condition for me to sit with him (Ishaku) is if I would drop my gubernatorial ambition.”

1 Like

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by money121(m): 5:17am On Feb 04, 2022
Ok sir
Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Geesarki(m): 5:19am On Feb 04, 2022
This are people who have been tormenting the Muslim minority in Taraba state. God will catch you one by one.
Sen. Bwatcha being persecuted by Darius. This is good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Imstrong2(m): 5:24am On Feb 04, 2022
And I wonder why they are elected in the first place... personal ambitious always ahead

1 Like

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by nonxo007(m): 5:26am On Feb 04, 2022
Ha
Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by ipobarethieves: 5:27am On Feb 04, 2022
sad
Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Kaykaydavid1919: 5:32am On Feb 04, 2022
U will soon come back in 2023 to tell us d real story. U went to evil party APC. U go know how far. APC can not win 2023 General election. They re after rigging all their plans is how to rig d 2023 general election. God pass them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by onotuventures: 5:33am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Comedian2019: 5:39am On Feb 04, 2022
What will happen to all those supporting him in PDP? Will they also join APC?
Nigerian Politicians are just clowns.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Rootprof(m): 5:53am On Feb 04, 2022
No need to tell us again.. once you join APC your sins are forgiven and you're protected.
Enjoy it when it last sir

2 Likes

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Cantonese: 5:54am On Feb 04, 2022
Tell us something better please.

“By Femi Bolaji JALINGO—

Deputy Senate Minority Leader, representing Taraba South on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Emmanuel Bwacha, has said All Progressives Congress, APC, is only comforting itself by saying the mass defection of its members in the National Assembly will not affect APC’s chances in the 2019 general elections.

Bwacha Bwacha, who spoke in Jalingo while fielding questions from journalists, explained that the recent development was a process of transformation, that was gradually altering the power of cohesion in both chambers.

He said: “In 2014, when members of PDP moved to APC, we said they are inconsequential, downgrading the leaders who are actually powerful individuals in their respective places. “These leaving APC are leaders elected by people in their various places and cannot be written off. They (APC) are only saying this to comfort themselves, so others will not be demoralised.”

Bwacha said he has been receiving congratulatory messages from people addressing him as Deputy Majority Leader.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/apc-comforting-itself-over-mass-defection-bwacha/

Darius Ishaku will be retiring to the senate which is common with the governors. He is from the same senatorial zone and Taraba is a PDP state. Bwachu does not have the popularity to defeat Ishaku and he did the next thing, defect. His reason yesterday was very childish and completely laughable…Buhari built a bridge which had been left for many years.

Hopefully Bwacha is comforting himself now after the above comment made in 2018.
Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Maxymilliano(m): 6:09am On Feb 04, 2022
Why not just say you left the PDP because of your 2023 gubernatorial ambition

3 Likes

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Penguin2: 6:19am On Feb 04, 2022
The truth is that having defected to APC in Taraba, he will be the highest elected official in the party and consequently the leader of APC in the state.

Getting APC gubernatorial ticket will be an easier ride for him than it would be in PDP where Ishaku is the leader and controller of the party machinery.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:35am On Feb 04, 2022
Provided Danjuma and Darius are still together, your defection is inconsequential. Almighty late Mama Taraba was thought a bitter lesson not to of you.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by galaxy2020(m): 6:36am On Feb 04, 2022
That's the last election you will ever win in Taraba state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by bestman09(m): 6:52am On Feb 04, 2022
shocked
Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Southernigbo: 6:58am On Feb 04, 2022
if Apc can win in benue and plateau, why can't it win taraba

1 Like

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Houseofglam7(f): 7:03am On Feb 04, 2022
undecided
Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by captainbangz: 7:05am On Feb 04, 2022
Penguin2:
The truth is that having defected to APC in Taraba, he will be the highest elected official in the party and consequently the leader of APC in the state.

Getting APC gubernatorial ticket will be an easier ride for him than it would be in PDP where Ishaku is the leader and controller of the party machinery.
You think so?
What about those that have been with the party working from inception?
Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Gwayas(m): 7:10am On Feb 04, 2022
Let's be clear here, the PDP in Taraba might be zoning their governorship ticket to Taraba North, Darius wants to retire to the Senate. Bwacha is from Taraba south as Darius he (Bwacha) wants to contest for governorship knowing fully well that if he remains in PDP, he will not be given even the senetorial ticket talkless of governorship, He feard that Darius has the state party in his pocket and will use state might to displace him(Bwacha).
I fear for Bwacha because going to APC he will have to contend with his fellow Taraba Southerner in Chief David Sabo Kente. And in my opinion the PDP in Taraba may not zone its governorship ticket come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by cardoctor(m): 7:14am On Feb 04, 2022
Normal things. Its a family affair
Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by techWriter3: 7:15am On Feb 04, 2022
I Pathetic you and your new unearthed faction. Just bide and know after 2023.
Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by Kennyfancy(m): 7:39am On Feb 04, 2022
He want to be a governor and the present governor is from the same zone, so it's like one zone producing governor for 16 year's, haba nah only unah they ? Anyway APC is dead in Taraba state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by garfield1: 8:17am On Feb 04, 2022
Kennyfancy:
He want to be a governor and the present governor is from the same zone, so it's like one zone producing governor for 16 year's, haba nah only unah they ? Anyway APC is dead in Taraba state

Apc owns 45% of taraba
Re: Senator Bwacha: I Left PDP For APC To Escape Governor Ishaku’s Persecution by garfield1: 8:19am On Feb 04, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
Provided Danjuma and Darius are still together, your defection is inconsequential. Almighty late Mama Taraba was thought a bitter lesson not to of you.

Danjuma will be neutral,Darius is a failure

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Matawalle Cautions Colleagues On ‘Washing Dirty Linens In Public' / Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader / Under Jonathan, Nigeria Earned N51trillion From Crude Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.