Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

When Things Fall Apart. . . . - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Things Fall Apart. . . . (880 Views)

When Things Seems To Have Changed / Stop Shouting At Your Partner When Things Goes Wrong! / When Things Get Hard, Who Protects? Friends Or Condom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Things Fall Apart. . . . by aca77: 10:34am On Jun 23, 2011
. . . . . . .and the centre can no longer hold, why do people suddenly forget the many good things their partner must have done in the past and choose to only express so much hate and contempt? This is one of the things that make some die hard people reject the whole idea of love and romance, that it is too artificial. One moment you're singing "together forever, you and I", or "you are the best thing that has ever happened to me". But, the next moment you would start singing "I hate you so much right now"!

Why do people forget the good done in the past? What are people so ungrateful when they fall out of love?
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by madoba: 10:46am On Jun 23, 2011
I think there really is a thin line between love and hate, and people tend to cross over or are pushed over that line from loving someone to hating them.

I also think it's human nature to quickly forget the good things people have done in our lives and to be fixated on the one bad thing they've done. If we try to recall all their good deeds and forget the bad ones we'll be fine. But we both know that is easier said than done.

Is an ex currently hating you?
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by aca77: 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2011
madoba:

I think there really is a thin line between love and hate, and people tend to cross over or are pushed over that line from loving someone to hating them.

I also think it's human nature to quickly forget the good things people have done in our lives and to be fixated on the one bad thing they've done. If we try to recall all their good deeds and forget the bad ones we'll be fine. But we both know that is easier said than done.

Is an ex currently hating you?

That's so so true, and its totally bad. I've seen this happen so many times not only in relationships but also in other aspects of family, friendship, and business life.

And yes, an ex is currently hating on me. And I am inclined to believe that the feeling is mutual. . . .its amazing how the good past just blurs in people's memories.
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2011
God is watchin those who derive joy in causin pain to others, they will reap wat they've sown weda in heaven or hell!
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by 190: 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2011
When THINGS FALL APART by Chioma Achuba
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by nanidee2(f): 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2011
@ OP, you got your answer already.

BECAUSE ITS HUMAN NATURE.

Humans tend to forget all about the good things, and would focus on the bad things only

Take an example of a maid living with a really nice woman. She is loved by the woman, totally cared for by this woman, and generally appreciated. The day the woman of the house scolds this maid for acting badly, or goes as far as laying a finger on her (which she could do to her own children too), the maid totally forgets everyother thing done for her, and holds on to this single experience.

So, there you have it, - HUMAN NATURE
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by MMM2(m): 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2011
op
do u know d meaning of love?
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by aca77: 4:02am On Jun 24, 2011
nanidee2:

@ OP, you got your answer already.

BECAUSE ITS HUMAN NATURE.

Humans tend to forget all about the good things, and would focus on the bad things only

Take an example of a maid living with a really nice woman. She is loved by the woman, totally cared for by this woman, and generally appreciated. The day the woman of the house scolds this maid for acting badly, or goes as far as laying a finger on her (which she could do to her own children too), the maid totally forgets everyother thing done for her, and holds on to this single experience.

So, there you have it, - HUMAN NATURE

Yeah I've seen this happen quite often. Then you wonder if its necessary to be good to people (in a relationship or otherwise) since all they'll remember is the odd 'bad' thing you would inevitably do. . .since an even greater characteristic of human nature is that we're not perfect, and so we can never do 100% good all the time. So why try?

M M M:

op
do u know d meaning of love?

No I don't. Why not enlighten me?
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by iice(f): 9:43am On Jun 24, 2011
Wouldn't expect more from humans. But it's always a precious thing when one goes against the tide.
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by upendo98(f): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2011
Chinua Achebe !
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by femmy2010(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2011
That is life.
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by 190: 10:30am On Jun 24, 2011
upendo 98:

Chinua Achebe !
undecided undecided
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by MsSophista(f): 10:42am On Jun 24, 2011
That is life & human nature--fallen. There is a perfect, unconditional love that is available. It's called agape love. It's source streams from God alone. Agape is more like a tight rope as opposed to a balloon string. BS breaks easily.get tangled, is carried away by the slightest wind. Ppl really know how to hurt & hate one another! For me, Agape is the bull's eye. I've been on both the giving & receiving end.
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by upendo98(f): 10:46am On Jun 24, 2011
Chinua Achebe wrote the novel 'Things fall apart.
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by MMM2(m): 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2011
op
LOVE is 4 a period of short time it dies after sometime when it fade,
we re not ment 2 luv 4 a long time.

But

HATE is a long time and forever,
when u hate some1 it is till death. angry
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by madoba: 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
M M M:

op
LOVE is 4 a period of short time it dies after sometime when it fade,
we re not ment 2 luv 4 a long time.

But

HATE is a long time and forever,
when u hate some1 it is till death. angry

Chaaaii! M M M shocked Please tell me you honestly do not believe what you wrote up there. Love doesn't have to be for a short period of time and I do not think you hate someone till you die. I think after a while the hate just turns into indifference i.e you neither hate nor love the person in question.

On the other hand, I think Love and Hate is a state of the mind. Whatever you tell your mind to do, that's what it does. Can I get a witness to this
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2011
hell hath no fury like a woman scorned,
Re: When Things Fall Apart. . . . by Mynd44: 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2011
^^^speaking from experience?

(1) (Reply)

If She Is A Nigerian / What Should I Do? She Is Changing / Which One Will You Catch First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.