Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada (44511 Views)

Doctor Oluwafemi Esho Exchanged Free Treatment For Sex With Patient, Tribunal / National Hugging Day: Five Health Benefits Of Hugging / Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by cocolacec(m): 7:45am On Feb 05, 2022
Munzy14:

I can't can...

A time will come when men in these countries will avoid women totally..

And if they have laws to protect the LGBT community, Then, gay marriage will be on the high side.

Just A hug and kiss o, he will be absent for a whole three months...This is purely frustration...And it happened because he was reported by same person...smh
Why would a sane man hug and blow kiss to a strange woman who is neither his girlfriend or wife? Only perverted men who have no respect for women do that? If the woman didnot stop him,he will touch her on the buttocks one day.
Sexual harrasment is a norm in Nigeria and doesnt mean every country tolerates such nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Elsueno: 7:46am On Feb 05, 2022
Lmao, I have made it a personal rule to never get close to any oyinbo woman, highest na to exchange greetings, even at that i won't allow her to touch me neither would I touch her.....

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by olaarie(m): 8:04am On Feb 05, 2022
Vagina comment�

joyandfaith:

Because men have been oppressing women ages. Even virgin girls were used for sacrifices in the past. Women must be protected if we want to develop like them.
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Naiira(m): 8:06am On Feb 05, 2022
Kingcalls:

Black man mentality...what makes u think what they did is the right thing??

Black di*k mentality

Na them them, one spotted.

But listen to this…

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by dotedote: 8:06am On Feb 05, 2022
.....if you want to develop like who ?

joyandfaith:

Because men have been oppressing women ages. Even virgin girls were used for sacrifices in the past. Women must be protected if we want to develop like them.
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by LIONSABRE(m): 8:08am On Feb 05, 2022
Village people follow this one go Canada. smiley
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by sisisioge: 8:13am On Feb 05, 2022
Hian....shouldnt he have minded himself?

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by GIdiata(m): 8:14am On Feb 05, 2022
shadrach77:
There is more to the story. There is no way a hug and a kiss would land someone in hot water like this.

He had probably been making sexual advances at the lady in question. cry

NB: The story sounds slightly confusing. The story appears to be reporting about a woman but features the picture of a man.

u dey dia na.
y not upload d complete story for us? smart olodo
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by handsomeyitayo(m): 8:15am On Feb 05, 2022
Fear those "F" Species they can destroy in a minutes, make una becareful because of pkekus, if I want bleeped , I call my call baby, ..2000 ...papa ..I evaporate comot..

All those girls I ignore them,... Bec if you are getting close to them to much, e may land you in trouble, E get why......me I like girls but nah wisdom I dey use....
Check many men that are from grace to grass, from their story nah women cause ham..they will say I did know, I would have ignore...

Some of them are devil....did you hear diva......
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 05, 2022
Kingcalls:

What I'm saying is that the same men that u women always want to ruin or act like they are of no importance can actually decide to shut women out of the system ... just imagine a country that has only women ( more like an utopia of women) any country run by men can easily invade it and turn women to slaves easily and take control of their resources... men are stronger, durable and more intelligent than women biologically

Wrong again, Men can never shut women down. Not possible. You all know the importance of women in a country. We don’t necessarily have to be in the seat of power or made members of the government parliament before our importance is known.
There was never a time in history where there were only men in a country.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by McBishop2020: 8:18am On Feb 05, 2022
The second paragraph of the report reads,

"It was learnt that the medical doctor identified as Efe Ovueni was suspended for three months over unprofessional conduct by hugging and blowing a kiss at *her* co-worker without her consent."

How comes a male picture is posted?
Confused journalism and journalist.
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by HRMK: 8:22am On Feb 05, 2022
CULDNT THIS LEAD TO RAPE SINCE IT WAS WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE COLLEAGUE?THIS IS A SERIOUS CASE!

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Kingcalls: 8:23am On Feb 05, 2022
Simran94:

Wrong again, Men can never shut women down. Not possible. You all know the importance of women in a country. We don’t necessarily have to be in the seat of power or made members of the government parliament before our importance is known.
There was never a time in history where there were only men in a country.

Jesus christ dint even need a woman to run his ministry, thats y he selected only 12 male disciples.... I never said only men were In a country... think about it, what if men come together abd agree that women will never be allowed to ever have their way again, what will u women do?? Only 2 things will happen, either u commit suicide or u accept it... but women don't have that power to take charge of men ... women that are in power today or hv an opinion is because the men allowed it
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by dazzlingd(m): 8:24am On Feb 05, 2022
Naiira:
A society that works

We let so many abnormalities slide in this country; we need a value change.

Theres nothing working in this nonsense double standard rule
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Shalommy(f): 8:30am On Feb 05, 2022
jesmond3945:
na woman
The pix na woman?. Op dey confuse us here. angry
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by elonmuskbaby: 8:38am On Feb 05, 2022
Loewe:

You're saying nonsense. Do you know what the average man passes through while women are given softer rules and preferential treatment?
You're talking about history, were men spared in the cruel history of humanity?

How many times have police men harassed you on the road just for being a woman?

How many times have you disrespected men and got away with it?

How many women dress half naked and still claim right despite the visual harassment.

Please just getat!
common getat.it applies both ways a woman irrespective of her age whether minor, teenager, married woman or elderly woman can be walking by going about her buisnness but some dirty untrained men Will be cat calling her and Making jest of her when passing by.some will even go as far as hitting her ass when they are complete strangers to each other.in Balogun market and other crowded markets,a woman can be walking by.the irritating part is that they do it to kids as young as 8 or 9 walking by and they forcefully and aggressively drag her into their shop to buy something When it's not her intention or she's just passing by.if you say you are not buying anything they'll Bully you and hurl insults at you

Abeg forget.some of these men have to be forced trained to respect themselves and keep their hands to themselves.a man who you have no Sexual relationship with sef can invite you to his house.there has been no prior discussion about sex.just work related friendship or partnership and he's just inviting you as a Friend,the next thing he can do is start touching you inappropriately or even pounce on you and if you talk he will say didn't you expect to know that you will have sex.he will sha justify his actions.a lot of these people need to be taught decency in social life.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 05, 2022
"Suspends".

Nairaland can make you become dumber if you don't read and study.

Dammnnn mehn!!!
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 05, 2022
Kingcalls:

Jesus christ dint even need a woman to run his ministry, thats y he selected only 12 male disciples.... I never said only men were In a country... think about it, what if men come together abd agree that women will never be allowed to ever have their way again, what will u women do?? Only 2 things will happen, either u commit suicide or u accept it... but women don't have that power to take charge of men ... women that are in power today or hv an opinion is because the men allowed it

The Holy Spirit brought Jesus into this earth through the womb of a woman, when Joseph fled with the baby he could have just left Mary behind if he felt he didn’t need her and taken Jesus away.
There are so many instances that of men thought they didn’t need women, they could have lived without marrying them and just stayed on their own.

If men thought it was possible then they had over 2,000 years to have come together and did it.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by shoprite: 8:43am On Feb 05, 2022
jesmond3945:
i mean nigerian woman hug white woman without her consent.

Dr Efe Michael Ovueni is a Nigerian MALE . . . You can read up more using the links below.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-doctor-suspended-over-non-consensual-workplace-hugs-blown-kiss-1.5766447

https://globalnews.ca/news/8592217/alberta-calgary-doctor-unprofessional-conduct/

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by iswallker(m): 8:44am On Feb 05, 2022
2 weeks to be served 2.5 months to be kept in abbeyance - fair enough

grin
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by shoprite: 8:46am On Feb 05, 2022

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by shoprite: 8:48am On Feb 05, 2022
abbey621:

Are you sure? After reading the post slowly, I'm even more unsure, look at the photo and the quote:

Dr Efe Michael Ovueni is a Nigerian MALE . . . You can read up more using the links below.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-doctor-suspended-over-non-consensual-workplace-hugs-blown-kiss-1.5766447

https://globalnews.ca/news/8592217/alberta-calgary-doctor-unprofessional-conduct/
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Oyiboman69: 8:49am On Feb 05, 2022
Dreambeat:
Most of these laws are not fair to the male folks. A female white colleague crossed her hand on my neck sometime back, I did not make a fuse about it neither did anyone else. If na me try am now, maybe dem for call meeting for me. The truth is that always know the place where you live or work, be mindful of their rules both written and unwritten. Most importantly know about the people's culture, this will save you a lot,it will prevent you from putting yourself in trouble
you're correct... in some places in Nigeria, you don't grab a married woman by their hands or even cross their legs when they sit with their legs out.
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 05, 2022
elonmuskbaby:
common getat.it applies both ways a woman irrespective of her age whether minor, teenager, married woman or elderly woman can be walking by going about her buisnness but some dirty untrained men Will be cat calling her and Making jest of her when passing by.some will even go as far as hitting her ass when they are complete strangers to each other.in Balogun market and other crowded markets,a woman can be walking by.the irritating part is that they do it to kids as young as 8 or 9 walking by and they forcefully and aggressively drag her into their shop to buy something When it's not her intention or she's just passing by.if you say you are not buying anything they'll Bully you and hurl insults at you

Abeg forget.some of these men have to be forced trained to respect themselves and keep their hands to themselves.a man who you have no Sexual relationship with sef can invite you to his house.there has been no prior discussion about sex.just work related friendship or partnership and he's just inviting you as a Friend,the next thing he can do is start touching you inappropriately or even pounce on you and if you talk he will say didn't you expect to know that you will have sex.he will sha justify his actions.a lot of these people need to be taught decency in social life.

My post was directed at men, now getat!
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 05, 2022
wenogodie2:

Perfectly said. Most men are ignorant of the fact that women are now being used as landmines for men in this new era. Even innocent gestures are blown out of proportion.

A woman will deliberately dress naked and provocatively and receives a standing ovation and not considered perverted. A man that looks at her even mistakenly is quickly labeled a "pervert"
. Hypocrisy everywhere!!

Honestly, your 2nd paragraph summed up everything I am trying to say about this age... Men have to be really careful of these traps called laws. I guess we are still lucky in this part of the world, but we can all see it's beginning to happen even in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 05, 2022
Munzy14:

I can't can...

A time will come when men in these countries will avoid women totally..

And if they have laws to protect the LGBT community, Then, gay marriage will be on the high side.

[b]Just A hug and kiss o, [/b]he will be absent for a whole three months...This is purely frustration...And it happened because he was reported by same person...smh

He blew a kiss o. He didn't even actually kiss her. Just to blow someone a kiss and hug a colleague is a criminal offense.

But men sleeping with other men through the anus and changing of gender is considered a heroic act in the west. grin

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by gowaga68: 9:02am On Feb 05, 2022
Isn't it the same men protecting the women with such laws?

joyandfaith:

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 05, 2022
Atk1nson:

Forget that defined relationship thing....even your girlfriend or wife can accuse you of non-consensual huge or kiss.... tongue

Far less likely to happen. And no prosecutor or court will take a woman accusing her husband of inappropriate touching seriously. Unless there is a compelling evidence like a tape depicting rape or something..just like in the greenwood case.
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by aspabay(m): 9:08am On Feb 05, 2022
You Japa only to go and embarrass Nigeria and yourself.
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 05, 2022
If his third leg can't be controlled, deport him to us.
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by joyandfaith: 9:14am On Feb 05, 2022
gowaga68:
Isn't it the same men protecting the women with such laws?

In advanced societies
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by joyandfaith: 9:15am On Feb 05, 2022
dotedote:
.....if you want to develop like who ?

Like developed countries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

India To Produce Coronavirus Vaccine That Works On Monkeys / Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth / Lagos Govt bans sale, Use & distribution of take-away Packs, Single-use Plastics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.