Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) (28445 Views)

COVID-19: Postponement Of Brentford Vs Manchester United Game Confirmed / Buhari Approves Postponement Of National Sports Festival Over Coronavirus / WAFU CUP: Ghanian Midfielder Vows To Defeat Nigeria In Sunday's Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by Nipplegodfather: 11:54am On Feb 05, 2022
The date has already been fixed,won't b wise to shift it,besides,the excuse seems lame n African inclined....( Me first)
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by Snowflames: 11:54am On Feb 05, 2022
The 3 matches they referred to were slated for 90mins just like any other match. Who asked them not to score goals to win the match within the 90min playtime. Story tellers... Make them come play their match abeg.

Hope they're are not trying to play a psychology game on the Senegalese sha, by first posing as weak. It worked against Nigeria o grin

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by IamV: 11:54am On Feb 05, 2022
It's the fair thing to do.
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by Starboytwo(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2022
Story.
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by optimismlaz(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2022
KiNg0G:
Egypt submitted a petition to CAF to postpone the final match by one day, so that it will be on Monday instead of Sunday. Because the Egyptian team went through a road full of difficulties and played three matches of 120 minutes each in just one week against the strongest teams of the continent, Ivory Coast, Morocco and Cameroon. In addition, their last match was yesterday, unlike the rival team, which was two days ago.
Does CAF agree or reject? Reject, the date has already been fixed. And nobody knows whether Egypt will make it to final

Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by LittleFinger1: 11:54am On Feb 05, 2022
Egypt won the AFCON, that's the home of civilization and growth for Africa. Much respect.
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by GeneralOjukwu: 11:55am On Feb 05, 2022
CAF wouldn't agree

Would set a bad precedent.

People would find different excuses in future.

Fans have made travel plans etc.

Dead On Arrival. DOA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by aribisala0(m): 11:55am On Feb 05, 2022
Gwan2:
African mentality…I’ve never heard about such plea in the world on those flimsy and laughable grounds.

Granted if it was a natural occurrence like Covid-19 or say accident or attack on the team bus while travelling.
What is African about it? How is that African Mentalty?
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by nairavsdollars(f): 11:55am On Feb 05, 2022
no way
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by YellowMayor(m): 11:55am On Feb 05, 2022
KiNg0G:
Egypt submitted a petition to CAF to postpone the final match by one day, so that it will be on Monday instead of Sunday. Because the Egyptian team went through a road full of difficulties and played three matches of 120 minutes each in just one week against the strongest teams of the continent, Ivory Coast, Morocco and Cameroon. In addition, their last match was yesterday, unlike the rival team, which was two days ago.
Does CAF agree or reject?

Don't tell me this is coming out of fear o
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by Brian47(m): 11:56am On Feb 05, 2022
Did Cameroon ask CAF to postpone their next match to determine 3rd place?
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by cunny88(m): 11:57am On Feb 05, 2022
Carlos queries is only playing mind games, he accused Samuel etoo of asking for war before the Cameroon game and it worked. Afta coaching at man utd, real Madrid and Portuguese national team, I am convinced that it is his wealth of experience that has helped Egypt this far.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by Bamzyriches451: 11:57am On Feb 05, 2022
Damn!!
Make una come play this thing make everybody go their house

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by zumbigbo(m): 11:58am On Feb 05, 2022
This is why I dey vex for Cameroon...after 90 mins, Egyptian players were smashed. If they raised level from first minute and attacked them ruthlessly, they would not have held out. After 120 mins, I saw how all of those Egyptian defenders rolled on the floor through fatigue when the whistle was blown.

If Senegal blow like wind from first minute...it will be 3-1 or 4-1
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by frankdGreat125: 11:58am On Feb 05, 2022
OJEEMAH:
I would love to see Senegal lift Afcon for the first time in their history but winning this plus his EPL & UCL performance so far would definitely boost Salah's chances of winning Balon D'or.

SENEGAL all the way because it also help Edward Mendy to world best Goalkeeper if he wins that, having win Ucl, World club cup, final of EFL, UEFA best Goalkeeper. I think he deserves it more than Salah
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by 3kay945(m): 11:59am On Feb 05, 2022
I expected Cameroon to have won the last match. Sometimes luck helps the serious ones.

I don't know if such request had been honored in the past.
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by funshint(m): 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
They are not serious...they can as well forfeit the match. Senegal for the cup!
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
Remember that the match Timetable & Fixtures was released b4 the opening match on 9th January irrespective of how tough ones games will be or who & who will qualify to the final stage.
I don't think their will be honoured because no team will be favoured more than the other.
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by gtrust: 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
It’s called “gamesmanship” also known as psychological play!
Tunisia used same to distract Nigerian camp and no prepare hard (Tunisia say them get plenty injuries, then no fit make up a full team because of Covid in their camp etc etc but they never requested to forfeit the match meaning they were planning to play)

Hope Senegalese go just block their ears and mind their own business and preparations.
If Egyptians no fit play then they can ask for forfeiture. Then Cameroon can be “promoted” to play final or trophy awarded to Senegal if nobody show.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by 3kay945(m): 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2022
zumbigbo:
This is why I dey vex for Cameroon...after 90 mins, Egyptian players were smashed. If they raised level from first minute and attacked them ruthlessly, they would not have held out. After 120 mins, I saw how all of those Egyptian defenders rolled on the floor through fatigue when the whistle was blown.

If Senegal blow like wind from first minute...it will be 3-1 or 4-1

Yea, you're on point comrade.
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by mywells: 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2022
They should post pone it to avoide story that touches
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by Jamieb(m): 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2022
KiNg0G:
Does CAF agree or reject?

There excuses are not genuine. They should have crashed out if they wanted rest

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by abobote: 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2022
That is not enough reason for postponement

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by Gwan2(m): 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2022
aribisala0:
What is African about it? How is that African Mentalty?

African mentality always feel they can circumvent events on flimsy grounds while in other societies, fixed dates are sacrosanct and everything works with that in mind, unless change of date is absolutely inevitable.
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by JooEeL(m): 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2022
Them wan go run jars.

For wia??

Instead of postpone am, we go start the tournament all over again. Our players also needed rest before playing Tunisia but them no give us.

Awon oloriburuku!
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by Kobicove(m): 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2022
This reason is not strong enough to postpone the final undecided

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by havenz(m): 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2022
Who go win go win, make una play ball after all Nigeria don logout.
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by VIKTO83(m): 12:07pm On Feb 05, 2022
They are both head slamming countries.
Family business.
I'm on my own
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by 3kay945(m): 12:07pm On Feb 05, 2022
I would have loved to see Senegal and Cameroon in final... those two teams are the best in this tournament, says me.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by phemmyfour: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2022
cunny88:
Carlos queries is only playing mind games, he accused Samuel etoo of asking for war before the Cameroon game and it worked. Afta coaching at man utd, real Madrid and Portuguese national team, I am convinced that it is his wealth of experience that has helped Egypt this far.
He's only lucky. Won two games on shoot out
Re: Your Opinion? (Egypt Ask For A Postponement Of Sunday Final) by jahlove4jah: 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2022
They are playing a mind game.

Where were they when the debutants played Cameroon without their goal keeper.

Rule is rule. No one asked them not to win it within the regulation time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Antonio Conte Leaves Inter Milan / Emmanuel Emenike Shows Off Tattoo He Got In Honour Of His Late Father / Juventus Will Not Be On FIFA 20 After PES 2020 Partner Deal (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.