Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,965 members, 7,828,433 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Statutory Marriage Without Payment Of Bride Price. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Statutory Marriage Without Payment Of Bride Price. (2757 Views)

How Some Ladies Are Destroying Their Marriage Without Knowing / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. / Marriage Without Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Statutory Marriage Without Payment Of Bride Price. by ekasoso: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2011
She got pregnant 10years ago for her man.He married her the statutory way and promise to do the trad. only to refuse to carry out his promise after ten years even with all the pleadings . Question is what should she do.
Re: Statutory Marriage Without Payment Of Bride Price. by ifyalways(f): 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2011
They are already somewhat married.They don't need to throw a big trad. wedding.Just get the man's parent's,or 1 or 2 immediate family members to visit the wife's family with drinks,kola,pay the bride price(which should not be much considering the circumstances now) and everyone is good to go.Btwn,any special reason for the man's refusal to go for the trad. marriage,finance or ?
Re: Statutory Marriage Without Payment Of Bride Price. by ekasoso: 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2011
sorry you seem to have gotten me wrong. the man has just refused to even pay the bride price despite all plea from the woman and even her family members.he keep giving excuse every time. the guy is very loaded.from all indication he really never wanted to pay any bride price.
Re: Statutory Marriage Without Payment Of Bride Price. by ifyalways(f): 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2011
^This is a tough one.The woman should decide what's best for her,to leave the man cos he is not customarily married to her or to stay back and enjoy her marriage.I'm curious still,which kind of relationship does the man and wife's people have,cordial?Seem's he's just pissed with "bride price" aspect,is it that it's expensive and/or ridiculous or he's just playing stubborn?Are they facing any other marital challenge/crisis?.
Re: Statutory Marriage Without Payment Of Bride Price. by tpia5: 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2011
maybe the babalawos or his "spiritual advisers" told him not to do so.
Re: Statutory Marriage Without Payment Of Bride Price. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2011
tpia@:

maybe the babalawos or his "spiritual advisers" told him not to do so.

LMAO!!  grin grin

@ Topic: Well, they are married, bride price or not. By statutory, I presume that they've had a church or registry wedding? They're married then. The bride price thingy, I dunno. Perhaps it's something the husband doesn't agree with, or they didn't discuss it in greater detail before they tied the knot. I believe they also have at least one bambino. Is the wife looking to walk away after all this?

There's nothing she can do, unless the husband changes his mind. She can't force him to pay her bride price, if he's so against doing so, for whatever reason.
Re: Statutory Marriage Without Payment Of Bride Price. by feminineA: 11:05pm On Jun 23, 2011
The bride price must be paid. am guessing the woman has been leaving with him since then. If anything happens, the woman will be kicked out of the man's house. He must pay the bride price and you 2 can get to the registry. He should be considerate to know that you are stuck with him because of a mistake made some years ago. He shouldnt jeopadize your future.
Re: Statutory Marriage Without Payment Of Bride Price. by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 24, 2011
feminine A:

The bride price must be paid. am guessing the woman has been leaving with him since then. If anything happens, the woman will be kicked out of the man's house. He must pay the bride price and you 2 can get to the registry. He should be considerate to know that you are stuck with him because of a mistake made some years ago. He shouldnt jeopadize your future.

Not if it's something the hubby doesn't agree with. I don't know where he's from, but it's possible it's an alien tradition to his family, I don't know. And bride price wouldn't prevent a man from kicking his wife out of their home.

A court / registry wedding however, would give the wife more rights as a spouse.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Hardcore Erotic Novels? / Couple Caught Making Love In A Test Bedding Store / Ife Baby Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.