Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,720 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable (21841 Views)

Ballon D’or 2022: Close Votes, Benzema Has Won It – Thierry Henry Reveals / FIFA Award: The Confusion Of Messi's Critics / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Austineva(m): 7:17am On Feb 06, 2022
Oluwapresley:
This guy don take this thing P o.

Players wey no come win anyone nko? Abi Okoye no be player?
grin grin grin. U wicked
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by elonize(m): 7:18am On Feb 06, 2022
Look d stats of messi and lewi in d same year.messi dust am,its not abt his move to PSG wen he's not fully in form yet,no..me sef think say na wayooh,but wen I c d stats n again messi took his team n lifted copa..so mk sm nor say na fruad..no no....even man of d match award,messi still pass am...highest goal scorer for d tournament na mess..has lewi gotten dis at country level,wen e carry e team enter final or even semis.no.club level n nation level,messi dust am...go n research d stats used

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Austineva(m): 7:20am On Feb 06, 2022
;
wealthgoddess:
This Nairaland and their Ronaldo fan mods seff
How many people noticed that there was no single front page post about Ronaldo missing a penalty yesterday?
I can Imagine the scenes here at Nairaland stadium if the tables were turned
You will be seeing FrontPage topics like
"Messi marks birthday with a penalty miss"
What do I expect anyway?
outdated forum with their outdated mods.
grin ;I swear. Better outdated and tribal bigots mods.tufia. even my village people @ age 120yrs is better than them
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2022
paulolee:

thats life....e should move on, after all so many greats like pirlo, xavi, iniesta, eto n even zlatan didn't win one but still had a beautiful career n left like legends .
You nailed this bro
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by DonBenny77(m): 7:27am On Feb 06, 2022
thesicilian:

Everyone knows Lewandowski deserves both the FIFA and Ballon D'Or awards.
I don't
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by PIPPROF(m): 7:30am On Feb 06, 2022
wealthgoddess:
How many people noticed that there was no single front page post about Ronaldo missing a penalty yesterday?
What do I expect anyway?

Its obvious
Look at the topic whem psg left mickey mouse cup coupe de france
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by SUPERPACK: 7:30am On Feb 06, 2022
Bashirkareem31:
The fifa award have not even been awarded up to 30 editions.It only started in 1991 and was again merged with the ballon d or for some years. Therefore not many of the great players had the chances of competing for it in their playing days.Ballon d'or is more prestigious and lewa knows much more than his utterances.
Have you ever wondered why Pele and Maradona had no balon d'or during their playing time? That is because Balon d'or was an european player of the year award for only native european players from 1956 to 1995. The award rules changed in 1995 which allowed George Weah an African playing in Europe to win the award and he was recognised as european player of the year.

Balon d'or had a rule change in 2007 to start awarding best player irrespective of the continent a player is playing in and became a global award. So Fifa awarded world best from 1991 - 2021, while balon d'or was from 2007 - 2021 only.

So Fifa has awarded 29 editions of world best player, while Balon D'or has only awarded 13 of world best player, the rest where European players of the year.

Players like Owen won the Balon d'or but not
recognised as world best players, meaning the only won europe best player awards.

This was why pele and maradona got super balon d'or from the host for not being eligible to win even though maradona played his best years in Napoli from 1984 till he retired.

Read Balon d'or history again.

3 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by chukwugoziegi: 7:33am On Feb 06, 2022
wealthgoddess:
What do I expect anyway?

Na today? We are used to it already. If na Messi lose that penalty,dem for roast am.

The mods are biased and Anti-Messi.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 06, 2022
paulolee:

no tell me say dt messi ballon win still de pain u bcox a strong worldcup performance can give him another balloon..
its a worldcup year n the likes of lewa n cr7 never even qualify yet..
so I would advise you to get over that 7th win very fast bcox more wins is coming for leo n its more pains n wailing for haters o
Louder please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Cantonese: 7:45am On Feb 06, 2022
thesicilian:

Na only you and Ronaldo fans know. What we know is that Messi won it the seventh time.

By the way why does it still pain Lewandowski like this? Everyone has moved on since. If Balon d’or is not more important, why refer to it still?

He has his consolation prize. Let him hold it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by sageer1706(m): 7:45am On Feb 06, 2022
thesicilian:

Someone that can not beat Halaand to win bundesliga best player is expected to beat messi for balon D'or

3 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by samfrancis1(m): 7:46am On Feb 06, 2022
wealthgoddess:
What do I expect anyway?
but as them no post to curse person now don become wahala, God go help i and you o
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by arantess: 7:47am On Feb 06, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Wow!!

Still wailing after 3months??

This niqqa na real cry baby.

He wouldn't have uttered this crap if he had won Balon D'or.

Hahahaha
The same FIFA that was raided for corruption and their oga was thrown in jail by interpol

Abi na another FIFa this guy dey refer to?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by sageer1706(m): 7:49am On Feb 06, 2022
Winningbot:
We all know that midget scammed you of the award angry
He will or might still win the 8th if he perform well in the upcoming world cup and less u forget both cr7 and lewy are still battling for qualification
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Cantonese: 7:49am On Feb 06, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Have you ever wondered why Pele and Maradona had no balon d'or during their playing time? That is because Balon d'or was an european player of the year award for only native european players from 1956 to 1995. The award rules changed in 1995 which allowed George best an African playing in Europe to win the award and he was recognised as european player of the year.

Balon d'or had a rule change in 2007 to start award best player irrespective of the continent a player is playing in and started awarding world best player. That year it merged with FIFA to make it possible. So Fifa awarded world best from 1991 - 2021, while balon d'or was from 2007 - 2021 only.

Players like Owen won the Balon d'or but not world best player award, meaning the only won europe best player awards.

This was why pele and maradona got super balon d'or from the host for not being eligible to win even though maradona played his best years in Napoli from 1984 till he retired.

Read Balon d'or history again.

George Best, an African player? George Best was an Irish man. Take time this morning o.
The man you are talking about is George Weah, the present Liberian president.
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Todetayo(m): 7:50am On Feb 06, 2022
People and hypocrisy sha!!!!

When Ronaldo won three consecutive ballon d'or award, even robbing Ribery in the process, the award 'was' legitimate

Now that he only makes the top three by formality, the award is now a scam!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by thesicilian: 7:52am On Feb 06, 2022
Cantonese:

Na only you and Ronaldo fans know. What we know is that Messi won it the seventh time.

By the way why does it still pain Lewandowski like this? Everyone has moved on since. If Balon d’or is not more important, why refer to it still?

He has his consolation prize. Let him hold it.
You seem to have this "God giveth and God taketh" mindset. It's a defeatist attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by victooman: 7:55am On Feb 06, 2022
posty56:
Asin eh, in own Don worst pass Ronaldo, I like him , but it seems he has bad personality
look how dunt some of you mentality are? someone was robbed of something that is rightfully his and he is now blame and mock for complaining, just like beating a child and stopping him from crying,, since you know he is a cry baby why did ur midget scam him of the award?

2 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by tafat: 7:56am On Feb 06, 2022
Facts, ballon d oorr don cast abeg grin

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by OJEEMAH(m): 7:57am On Feb 06, 2022
arantess:

Hahahaha
The same FIFA that was raided for corruption and their oga was thrown in jail by interpol

Abi na another FIFa this guy dey refer to?
When Messi defeated VVD in Balon D'or & FIFA Best in 2019, penaldians accused FIFA & Balon D'or of favouritism and corruption.

All of a sudden, penaldians thinks FIFA is free from corruption because Lewandoski won FIFA Best and not Messi.

They all said FIFA is more prestigious and bigger cos National Team Captains and Coaches voted.

I have been asking them to tell me those that voted Messi FIFA Best in 2019, they never still reply.

Same FIFA they all accused of corruption 2 years back

Can you now see, they are all hypocrite?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by madukaanaya(m): 7:58am On Feb 06, 2022
beginning to sound like pained child
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Kingcalls: 8:00am On Feb 06, 2022
paulolee:

no tell me say dt messi ballon win still de pain u bcox a strong worldcup performance can give him another balloon..
its a worldcup year n the likes of lewa n cr7 never even qualify yet..
so I would advise you to get over that 7th win very fast bcox more wins is coming for leo n its more pains n wailing for haters o

Everyone now knows that if paulolee don't mention Ronaldo in his posts , he will fall him... I'm very sure that if the police stops him on the road, the first thing he will say is " since Ronaldo joined Manchester, bla bla bla" the policeman go de look am like say e don kolo .... I'm sure his gf must hv left him cos she's bored of him mentioning that name continuously and blaming Ronaldo for every problem he encounters in life ....

Lecturer ... y did u not show up in my class yesterday
Paulolee... sir, do u know Ronaldo is angry he dint win
Balon D'or
Lecturer... what does that hv to do with my question
Paulolee.... Ronaldo will not qualify for World cup
Lecturer.... u hv definitely gone nuts
Paulolee... exactly...nothing for Ronaldo this season

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by arantess: 8:00am On Feb 06, 2022
OJEEMAH:
When Messi defeated VVD in Balon D'or & FIFA Best in 2019, penaldians accused FIFA & Balon D'or of favouritism and corruption.

All of a sudden, penaldians thinks FIFA is free from corruption because Lewandoski won FIFA Best and not Messi.

They all said FIFA is more prestigious and bigger cos National Team Captains and Coaches voted.

I have been asking them to tell me those that voted Messi FIFA Best in 2019, they never still reply.

Same FIFA they all accused of corruption 2 years back

Can you now see, they are all hypocrite?
� LoL
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:01am On Feb 06, 2022
thesicilian:

Ever since Ronaldinho won it back to back, I'd always wondered if the awards weren't overrated.

Before then, a player won once. That's all.

Suddenly, CR7 won FIVE TIMES and Messi won SEVEN?
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Kingcalls: 8:04am On Feb 06, 2022
MJBOLT:
the pain is strong in this one

Messi fans and lies... how and when did messi win 6 fifa awards ... oya prove it or remain foolish ... if u can prove that he won 6 fifa best awards , I will send u 500k this morning, and everyone here is a witness... if I don't send u the money , I will never come online again

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by thesicilian: 8:05am On Feb 06, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

Ever since Ronaldinho won it back to back, I'd always wondered if the awards weren't overrated.
The value has been so watered down that most people don't even care anymore. Very soon the footballers themselves will start boycotting the awards, like what's happening now with the Grammy's.

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Davosmart(m): 8:05am On Feb 06, 2022
Y should an award given by a magazine be more important than that given by football biggest organization.una the reason all this thing's

2 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Chrislova(m): 8:06am On Feb 06, 2022
dude should move on na
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Szilard: 8:07am On Feb 06, 2022
cktheluckyman:

Oga FIFA is the world football governing body and not a group of French journalists.The Ballon dor came to become so valued because FIFA partnered with them.

In the coming years the Ballon dor will lose its value since FIFA has pulled out.

Lmao

Ballond'or that has been awarded since 1956

Bro,

The question should be; why did FIFA choose to partner with Ballond'or in the first place

Agree or not,

The Ballond'or will always be more prestigious than any other award in soccer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by gaftsoil(m): 8:07am On Feb 06, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by darediamond(m): 8:11am On Feb 06, 2022
cktheluckyman:

Oga FIFA is the world football governing body and not a group of French journalists.The Ballon dor came to become so valued because FIFA partnered with them.

In the coming years the Ballon dor will lose its value since FIFA has pulled out.
Exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Szilard: 8:11am On Feb 06, 2022
07kjb:
FIFA best player is the most valuable FIFA award, in the nearest future balond'or will be no were to be found,it will be worthless but FIFA remains forever

Balond'or is just in the league of Dubai d'or and very soon the Dubai award will be more prestigious because of the money bags there.... ironically Messi fans always make mockery of Ronaldo winning the Dubai award

Can you hear yourself bro??

Lmao grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Silvio Berlusconi Sells Ac Milan / Leo Messi Won The Ballon D’or Over Erling Haaland By 105 Points. / FIFA Appoints Asisat Oshoala To Technical Advisory Group.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.