Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable (21851 Views)

Ballon D’or 2022: Close Votes, Benzema Has Won It – Thierry Henry Reveals / FIFA Award: The Confusion Of Messi's Critics / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by OJEEMAH(m): 9:22am On Feb 06, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
because no be u na

Until they robb u something u deserve like a promotion or so u go understand the pain
I will never find myself in such position and even if i do, i would simply ask myself why eligible voters, voted who they thought was best in the period under review.

The award was for 2021 not 2020 when he was clearly the best.

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Trojan8(m): 9:26am On Feb 06, 2022
paulolee:

it will be shifted after d world cup....worldcup is in November, ballon witll be in December..
play offs are even before worldcup, If lewa, sallah, cr7 no make worldcup, dey should kiss d ballon good bye..

We gather dey
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by HonestFriend: 9:29am On Feb 06, 2022
Kingcalls:

U need to go play The Everly Brothers...

Never seen set of deluded fans like Messi people... psg will overtake real madrid Liverpool bayern City Chelsea even Ajax to win the CL grin grin grin

Argentina will overtake France , Germany, Spain, England, the Dutch to win WC grin grin grin... Argentina that has avoided playing European teams since they were disgraced by European teams at the last WC.... dont worry, shey they will play Italy in June, that when ud know how deadly European teams are ... if Argentina were in Europe, they will be on the sane level with teams like poland , Czech and Sweden
Stop deceiving yourself... I gave an instance. U that u already know what u happen in d future keep it up.

If Argentina wins the world cup u re free to protest.

3 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by tenpipsperday: 9:32am On Feb 06, 2022
Cry me River
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by cktheluckyman: 9:45am On Feb 06, 2022
gaftsoil:

It's been more than 5 years since they pulled out. Balon d'or will still remain more prestigious
Not true bro.They pulled out in 2020
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by ZUBY77(m): 9:46am On Feb 06, 2022
ThierryJay:

That's his own personal way of consoling himself cos if he truly considered Fifa best as better than Ballon dor, he wouldnt still be crying several months after.

The fact, which he himself has mentioned in his above quote in bold, is that Ballon dor is more prestigious and valuable in the football world now. All the other wailings including his are irrelevant. EOD.

Even the one he said it's better, Messi has won it more than him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 06, 2022
So, because U scored many goals , Ure the Best in the world? What else does Lewandowski offer on the field aside goals? Yeye!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by cktheluckyman: 9:47am On Feb 06, 2022
Szilard:

Lmao

Ballond'or that has been awarded since 1956

Bro,

The question should be; why did FIFA choose to partner with Ballond'or in the first place

Agree or not,

The Ballond'or will always be more prestigious than any other award in soccer.
Lol the Ballon dor was originally meant for the best player in Europe.It become made for the best player in the world less than a decade ago.

Zidane,Romario,Ronaldo da Lima did not win the best player of the world as Ballon dor
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Kingcalls: 9:49am On Feb 06, 2022
HonestFriend:

Stop deceiving yourself... I gave an instance. U that u already know what u happen in d future keep it up.

If Argentina wins the world cup u re free to protest.

Argentina win world cup grin grin goodluck to that grin grin grin
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2022
OJEEMAH:
I will never find myself in such position and even if i do, i would simply ask myself why eligible voters, voted who they thought was best in the period under review.

The award was for 2021 not 2020 when he was clearly the best.
Yes u will never find yourself in such position Amen!

But lets please allow him express himself of how he feels. E no easy! He is human

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Szilard: 9:49am On Feb 06, 2022
Kingcalls:

This below shows y u are dumb... balon dor actually copied fifas format in 2007 after their style of voting discredited the awards... when they decided to go with FIFA's style of voting and getting the sane winners as FIFA... fifa merged with them in 2010...

Lmao

Mumu

Quite alright, they had to merge cos of the similarities in voting system...

Still doesn't change the fact that;

Ballond'or has always had more viewership than the FIFA award's

...Even before and after their liase

What even makes this sweeter is the fact that even during their liase where Ballond'or had to adapt to FIFA's voting system...Messi won 4 out of 6 grin grin grin grin

Ode

You Pendu fan boys can wail all you want, Ballon d'or will always have a nudge above FIFA the best...

Yap about all you want bro grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Kingcalls: 9:51am On Feb 06, 2022
Szilard:

Lmao

Mumu

Quite alright, they had to merge cos of the similarities in voting system...

Still doesn't change the fact that;

Ballond'or has always had more viewership than the FIFA award's

...Even before and after their liase

What even makes this sweeter is the fact that even during their liase where Ballond'or had to adapt to FIFA's voting system...Messi won 4 out of 6 grin grin grin grin

Ode

You Pendu fan boys can wail all you want, Ballon d'or will always have a nudge above FIFA the best...

Yap about all you want bro grin grin

Its certain u are a teenager , for u to think balon dor was more prestigious b4 they merged.... go and ask ur father which was more prestigious cos its certain that u were only interested in cartoons that time
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Abdulmumin412(m): 9:52am On Feb 06, 2022
FIFA award he has more than you balon d or he has more than anybody.Anyone you think is better Leo is there.case closed.

3 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Szilard: 9:56am On Feb 06, 2022
cktheluckyman:

Lol the Ballon dor was originally meant for the best player in Europe.It become made for the best player in the world less than a decade ago.

Zidane,Romario,Ronaldo da Lima did not win the best player of the world as Ballon dor

This is true bro

But then

The perception of the Ballond'or being the apex award can not be changed

That's just how it is

It's just like comparing the Grammys to other Globally organized music awards...

Folks would always rate the Grammys higher than others

Even though the Grammys is only awarded by Americas recording academy

It's still considered the most prestigious even when other awards are issued by more International bodies...

Lol

My story don too long

Hope you get me boss grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Abdulmumin412(m): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2022
Kingcalls:

Its certain u are a teenager , for u to think balon dor was more prestigious b4 they merged.... go and ask ur father which was more prestigious cos its certain that u were only interested in cartoons that time
FIFA award he has more than Lew, balon d or he has more than anybody.Anyone you think is better Leo is there.case closed

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by OJEEMAH(m): 10:04am On Feb 06, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Seek and you shall find, bro.

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/3bd6b331efedfa78/original/z0gygcuwnxuz6pimfuhm-pdf.pdf

Any other questions?
This proves nothing nau........ have you calculated the points??

Accumulated points shows Messi won
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Szilard: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2022
Kingcalls:

Lmao

This Ode keeps talking sh*t

I don't even need to say too much

Lmao

Shebi the awards have been disjointed for over 6 years now...

It's now left to you to use your common sense to explain why the Ballond'or has garnered more viewership and buildup/followership every single year than the FIFA the Best awards since they parted ways...

At least, I think I made the above paragraph simple for you to understand...

And again, since in your own deluded mind the Ballond'or is less prestigious...

Kindly tell your Pendu and Lewandowski associates to stop bitching about it oooo

Let them face their FIFA the best ooo

You don't se Messi bitvching about the awards he has/hasn't won grin cheesy

Ehn ehn

Lest I forget, don't quote me again

I won't reply, I have more productive things to do

Agbaya oshi

Jeez, how did it get this far sef

I didn't even quote this ode to begin with sef grin cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Abdulmumin412(m): 10:06am On Feb 06, 2022
If you think FIFA award is better Leo has it more than any other player, 6 times.If you think balon d or is better Leo has won it more than any other player, 7 times.All in all Messi is the best.

6 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Abdulmumin412(m): 10:20am On Feb 06, 2022
jaxxy:

Finally Sm1else besides Ronaldo has seen the truth about the scam paris award. They can dash Messi 10 sef. People will soon boycott it in future. Na messi go be their patron.
How do they see FIFA award too because the last time I checked Messi is ahead of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Kingcalls: 10:33am On Feb 06, 2022
Szilard:

Lmao

This Ode keeps talking sh*t

I don't even need to say too much

Lmao

Shebi the awards have been disjointed for over 6 years now...

It's now left to you to use your common sense to explain why the Ballond'or has garnered more viewership and buildup/followership every single year than the FIFA the Best awards since they parted ways...

At least, I think I made the above paragraph simple for you to understand...

And again, since in your own deluded mind the Ballond'or is less prestigious...

Kindly tell your Pendu and Lewandowski associates to stop bitching about it oooo

Let them face their FIFA the best ooo

You don't se Messi bitvching about the awards he has/hasn't won grin cheesy

Ehn ehn

Lest I forget, don't quote me again

I won't reply, I have more productive things to do

Agbaya oshi

Jeez, how did it get this far sef

I didn't even quote this ode to begin with sef grin cheesy

Thats y I said u are a child ...indomie children... ur fellow indomie children are the ones that are still pushing it cos thats the one u met.... its certain u started watching football around 2011/12 ... so thats the u grew knowing... go and ask ur father this same question kiddo ... since u don't hv money to do a research on the Internet
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Kingcalls: 10:44am On Feb 06, 2022
Abdulmumin412:

FIFA award he has more than Lew, balon d or he has more than anybody.Anyone you think is better Leo is there.case closed

No one is comparing the 2... He is just saying Fifa is more prestigious, which is the truth.... Fifa actually were the ones that made the award prestigious.... while I was growing up, balon d'or was referred to as European player of the year.... we always saw it as a consolation award... I remember in 2000 , when fans all over the world were anticipating that Figo would win his first ever fifa player of the year cos he had a brilliant year, but fifa awarded zidane cos he won the Euros that year with France, knocking out Figo and Portugal in the semi by scoring the winning goal through a penalty... although juve dint do well in Europe, Figo took barca to the semis , but they lost the first leg 4.0 just cos Figo missed it thru suspension... the second leg , Figo influenced the game and they won 2.1 but were knocked out on aggregate...

When balon d'or awarded Figo its award after missing out on the fifa World best to zidane , I remember Pedro pinto on CNN world sports then labelling it a consolation award... but the following year, Figo finally won the FIFA Best... y do u think players like Owen, Sammer, Shevchenko and Nedved are never mentioned as past winners... tho they won the balon dor, they never win the fifa player of the year award... ok...y do u think they always refer Ronaldo as the first ever player from England to win the award, despite Owen first winning it in 2001... thats cos fifa was the main award and not balon dor and Owen never won it , Owen won the balon dor but never the fifa player of the year... but Ronaldo won the fifa player of the year in 2008
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Kingcalls: 10:47am On Feb 06, 2022
Abdulmumin412:

How do they see FIFA award too because the last time I checked Messi is ahead of them.

How is messi ahead of them...
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Don27tiky(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2022
Kingcalls:

What contribution did messi contribute to his team in 2021 that Lewandowski and Ronaldo dint contribute
i state’s them above. Please just state yours for us to see. I want to believe lewa deserved it more but I want stats of Ronaldo and him in 2021 that are better than Messi
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by zeusdgrt(m): 11:08am On Feb 06, 2022
brightalo1010:

You're lying and be saying let's be truthful, Messi won 2021 award not 2020. 2021 was the same year people like you shouted that jurginho deserve the award.

Provide stats showing Lewandowski performed better than 2021. Are you saying Lewandowski would'v e won both 2020 and 2021 award?

The 2020 award was canceled that was the year Lewandowski would've win it not 2021 season.
K then enlighten me Messi's achievement that made him win the trophy?
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by sageer1706(m): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2022
Kingcalls:

Dis messi beat Oblak to win Spanish best player? The official award in Germany gave Lewandowski, fans gave halaand ... but messi won no award in Spain last season, it went to oblak ...how did he now win balon d'or
Laliga top scorer
Copa dey rey winner
Copa america winner
Copa america top scorer
Copa america top assist
Copa america player of the tournament
Laliga/euro top assist...
While Lewadowski won bundesliga and also top scorer but was humiliated in just concluded euro (was eliminated in group stage)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by cktheluckyman: 11:58am On Feb 06, 2022
Szilard:

This is true bro

But then

That's just how it is

It's just like comparing the Grammys to other Globally organized music awards...

It's still considered the most prestigious even when other awards are issued by more International bodies...

Lol

My story don too long

Lol perception cannot be changed? Oga it used to be the most prestigious when FIFA was involved not anymore!! Imagine French journalists determining best player in the world
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by MJBOLT: 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2022
Szilard:

This is true bro

But then

That's just how it is

Lol

My story don too long

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by paulolee(m): 12:37pm On Feb 06, 2022
Trojan8:

We gather dey
gather n pray dt ur man cr7 make it to world cup bcoz if he doesnt, that's d end of his international career on a bad note..
I always want Italy go pass tru n dm no go fall me
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Abdulmumin412(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kingcalls:

How is messi ahead of them...

Check the number of FIFA award both of them has won and how many Messi has won.
Messi 6 times
Cr7 5 times
Lewan 2 times
Check ur record bro.

3 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Kingcalls: 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2022
Abdulmumin412:

Check the number of FIFA award both of them has won and how many Messi has won.
Messi 6 times
Cr7 5 times
Lewan 2 times
Check ur record bro.

If u say messi has 6 fifa awards

Then it also means he has just 3 Balond'or...same with Ronaldo
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Kingcalls: 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
sageer1706:

Laliga top scorer
Copa dey rey winner
Copa america winner
Copa america top scorer
Copa america top assist
Copa america player of the tournament
Laliga/euro top assist...
While Lewadowski won bundesliga and also top scorer but was humiliated in just concluded euro (was eliminated in group stage)

Forget all those padded stats.... Argentina will always be favourites to win copa.... weah won it despite playing for Liberia... if u say copa is the reason...then y did he win it in 2019 despite flopping in copa 2019
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by YellowMayor(m): 1:37pm On Feb 06, 2022
TheKingsmann:
Lewan is still pained, but dey did him bad
Like dis post of u think Messi deserves it, share if u think lewan deserves it

He really deserves it more than anyone else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FIFA Suspends Spanish Football Chief, Rubiales Over Kissing Scandal / Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? / FIFA Appoints Asisat Oshoala To Technical Advisory Group.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.