Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move (16097 Views)

Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC / Wike Rejects PDP Peace Move, Tells Dickson To Leave Party Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Omoodua007: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2022
Blue3k:

Yes you have to fight for your rights in life no surprise. It seems you no longer want to defend your arguement about voiding the agreement or suing being unfeasible. If the church is fully capable of funding itself then they should void the agreement to free itself from state influence attached to the money. I really don't understand how you guys make such a simple issue so difficult.

The case is in court snd a school can’t void a government agreement maybe in sharia law it’s permissible but in the real world schools can’t

All the governor has to do is return it back to missionary who want their school back as done by Lagos, Ogun,ondo, Ekiti & oyo

The Muslims can wear their ninja outfits to any public school no one gives a flying Bleep
Leave Christians alone !
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Blue3k(m): 10:48am On Feb 06, 2022
Omoodua007:

The case is in court snd a school can’t void a government agreement maybe in sharia law it’s permissible but in the real world schools can’t

All the governor has to do is return it back to missionary who want their school back as done by Lagos, Ogun,ondo, Ekiti & oyo

The Muslims can wear their ninja outfits to any public school no one gives a flying Bleep
Leave Christians alone !

Yeah you can void an agreement it isn't a sacred text or written into law. Companies cancel contracts all the time remember puma. You're just making up stuff now. If the case is in court we'll wait to see the outcome. Good we agree the school should be private and end its dealings with the government. There's no need to comprise your morals for a few pieces of silver.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Omoodua007: 10:54am On Feb 06, 2022
Blue3k:

Yeah you can void an agreement it isn't a sacred text or written into law. Companies cancel contracts all the time remember puma. You're just making up stuff now. If the case is in court we'll wait to see the outcome. Good we agree the school should be private and end its dealings with the government. There's no need to comprise your morals for a few pieces of silver.

Reality on ground doesn’t work like that
All this shows is what we already know wink Muslims are only nice when they are in minority.

They eye must have entered Christain assets due to the stars of yoruba land it constantly churns out
Hence they must use government to seize glittering Christain assets

E enter una eye lol
If school could stop it they would have done that but they are dealing with the government which is powerful
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by chrisblack: 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
Blue3k:

The tax payer doesn't owe anything for your private venture. None if the above would happen if the government would simply leave these issues alone but Nigerians want to remain bacmwards. I agree with equal protections under the law.
you seem not to have a grasp of the whole issues.
The govt spends tax payers money on grant aided schools in Kwara. Since the monies spent are tax payers monies it fair to be just to all religion
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Omoodua007: 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2022
chrisblack:
The govt spends tax payers money on grant aided schools in Kwara. Since the monies spent are tax payers monies it fair to be just to all religion

The school has now said they don’t want the government money
Na by force to be in Christian spaces ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2022
yrex01:
na islam causing global warming ? Air Pollution ? Drumming world war 3 ? Responsible for covid ?
educate yourself more before commenting
you are one of them due to lack of proper educational orientation.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by chrisblack: 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
Omoodua007:

The school has now said they don’t want the government money
Na by force to be in Christian spaces ?
simple. The govt should setup the process of winding down their support. But mind you they would still be given the advantage to the Muslims. They govt would withdraw teachers from Christian schools .stop funds going to such schools while diverting same to muslim schools. Who looses? . As christians we need to be wiser. We must insist on equality. If we insist on equality. It's to our advantage. Cause our religion preaches such . If equality is established. Then all these issues will be resolved. If a Muslim student can wear an injab to a baptist school fine as long as a Christian student can wear a choir robe or celestial can put on a white garment to An- Sarudeen. Christian can stomach it ,but they can't cause they lack tolerance. You get it
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by juman(m): 12:15pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kwara governor using religion as politics.
He is looking for vote through causing disharmony among his people.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Omoodua007: 12:18pm On Feb 06, 2022
chrisblack:
simple. The govt should setup the process of winding down their support. But mind you they would still be given the advantage to the Muslims. They govt would withdraw teachers from Christian schools .stop funds going to such schools while diverting same to muslim schools. Who looses? . As christians we need to be wiser. We must insist on equality. If we insist on equality. It's to our advantage. Cause our religion preaches such . If equality is established. Then all these issues will be resolved. If a Muslim student can wear an injab to a baptist school fine as long as a Christian student can wear a choir robe or celestial can put on a white garment to An- Sarudeen. Christian can stomach it ,but they can't cause they lack tolerance. You get it

I don’t care about giving advantage to Muslims or not
Return school back to the legitimate owners
Christians have enough teachers and funds to maintain schools
The shamless fanatic government should return the schools and use the funds they give this Christain’s schools to set up new one they can teach them yo cram the entire quran and read Arabic I don’t give 2 bleeps
Just stop disturbing Christians and Christians have no business wearing robe in Muslim schools
Let’s respect each other’s doctrines
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by infofirst(m): 1:10pm On Feb 06, 2022
I hope we all learn to truly tolerate one another. The Muslim girl way of life includes the use of her hijab. Take Hijab off the conscious Muslim lady and she is naked. If truly we love and love one another, why will you want a girl or lady to walk outside naked? Why is it difficult for you to understand if you truly loves her? No one deserves to be naked to acquire education.
The school in question is a Government school. And Since the Kwara state government has instructed all muslim girl that is willing to wear Hijab on school uniform should be allowed. Then It should be respected. Why are we denying the truth in plain? If the school is private or a Christian school, it is a different thing entirely.
Some of us usually compare other faith practices like the olorisha or egungun or cele outfit with thw hijab. It is not the same. Have you not observed? Do any of those young ones usually wear those outfit when they are not worshipping?
Let us be sincere for once.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by BePrepared: 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
tnerro1:
How come you never hear of Christians fighting to go to moslem schools but it’s always the other way around, even when seeking for asylum, they prefer the western countries than go to Saudi or Iran. No be juju be that

Islam is only sweet in theory but in practice the reverse is d case. E.g

Therory--Religion of peace... U know d practical aspect.

2. Shariah the best system.... Yet in Afghanistan you all saw how Muslims not other religions were hanging on planes and throwing their babies just to escape 'the best system given by Allah'

3. Theory.. Their girls are decent cause they wear Hi jab... Practical its only if u haven't lived in the north u will believe this. Until u see one man carry three two girls with Hi jab covering their faces

Islam is hypocrisy abeg
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by BePrepared: 1:23pm On Feb 06, 2022
MUYEEKFIRST:
No body talk about the killing of Muslim member and shooting of many Muslim protester by the Baptist Christian member. If it were to be Christian that was killed during the chaos.

Any Christian killing another human being should be punished accordingly by the authorities God judgment too is waiting for him. Every man was created in Gods image
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
tnerro1:

Na so hijab be for your eyes?

"How about this worn by Christian nuns or sister?...

Abi e still no resemble hijab for your eyes?" Village People Spokesperson.

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:32pm On Feb 06, 2022
OMOJOHN001:

The image you posted, Is that an Hijab or SCARF that Christian sisters do use in covering their head??

How does that even look like an Hijab and moreover it's just a culture to use Veil, Its has nothing to do with been righteous or going to paradise.

So save yourself the stress and stop fighting for GOD.

"Oya what about the ones worn by Christian nun or sisters till this day, abi you still want to argue it doesn't have a semblance to Hijab?...You always want to find a way of justifying your already twisted believe system and mental enslavement, sadly in so doing you keep exposing your ignorance". Village People Spokesperson

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by tunji2003(m): 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2022
chrisblack:
What baffled me was that just a few handful of muslim girls caused this crisis at the expenses of hundreds of christian students attending the school, I passed through the school a day before the crisis, these girls who are not up to twenty with hijab on were barred and prevented from entering school, I attended the school in early 90s we had bith muslims boys and girl who abided by the school regulations we sang praise and worship on the assembly without any fuse, I think some few fanatics are the brain the crisis capitalizing on the bias government of the state.
To cap it all we have Ansurul, Tawakalitu and Nawaurdeen secondary schools in OFFA they wouldn't attend those because of lack of quality teachers, non availability of teachers, but want to enjoy the services of churches who hired quality teachers to fill vacant posts of unavailable teachers especially science subjects.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Microwhy: 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2022
Oddfinder:

See how u de shoot ur sef?
Firstly alchoho is not a sin..christ himself drank alcohol while on earth
If i can't go my moslem friends wedding with drinks,den why come to my school with hijab? Una mumu i swear..u can't give out ur daughters to infidels abi, but u so much love d infidels that u must marry dem..u guys love everything about Christians.u cnt just stay in ur lane..hpw come we're infidels yet u love everything about Christians..their womrn,schools, countries even hospitals..mumu ppl
Your quote deserve a reply..
Let don't go too technical because obviously, you're dumb.
They said Jesus drank wine and most often time, wine is label non alcoholic or just a little quality of it for preservation which is same for some cake, bread and even malt drinks.
No matter how educated christians might be, they remain extremely dumb and blind when it comes to religion.
You discard what is truth in the the bible and decided to hold-on tight to what is incomplete or incorrect.
"Jesus drank Alcohol" very dumb of you to even say that. Muslim believe in Jesus and injeela but not king James who summarise the bible for you to absorb.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by yrex01(m): 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
you are one of them due to lack of proper educational orientation.
at least I'm not an educated fool calling human his lord n saviour.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Oddfinder: 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
Microwhy:

Your quote deserve a reply..
Let don't go too technical because obviously, you're dumb.
They said Jesus drank wine and most often time, wine is label non alcoholic or just a little quality of it for preservation which is same for some cake, bread and even malt drinks.
No matter how educated christians might be, they remain extremely dumb and blind when it comes to religion.
You discard what is truth in the the bible and decided to hold-on tight to what is incomplete or incorrect.
"Jesus drank Alcohol" very dumb of you to even say that. Muslim believe in Jesus and injeela but not king James who summarise the bible for you to absorb.
Your post is not worthy of my reply because damn. Where i want start from? How can a man be soo stupid in spite of his education? See d gibberish u wrote up there..i de shame for u..i just want to correct something. Alcohol. Our christian God does not forbid alcohol bro, infact there's nothing like non alcoholic wine..wine is wine..and wine is alcohol.kindly refer to ur dictionary..wine in the means alcohol and its not a sin

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by LaRosa01: 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2022
anything funded from government purse doesn't belong to anybody, it is a public institution.

Nisiw365:
If you are to enter my house and i dont want hijab, it's either you remove it to go inside or go back to your house. It's simple
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Nisiw365: 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2022
LaRosa01:
anything funded from government purse doesn't belong to anybody, it is a public institution.

Go and read their agreement when government took over which states that all the doctrines and rules of the school would not be changed and besides the school have told them they dont want government funds anymore
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Blue3k(m): 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2022
chrisblack:

You said the school has s right to the tax which it doesn't. If the school rejects the money like I said they can rejects demands associated with it. The state can also stop providing tax payers funds to the institution if the insist on these rules but they're not interest in that option either. You Nigerians have a weird conception of rights if you think the government owes private school money.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by godliman: 4:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
Haines:

God told Abraham that He would establish his covenant through Isaac, and when Abraham inquired as to Ishmael's role, God answered that Ishmael has been blessed and that he "will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation." (Genesis 17).

How can Almighty God praising and also condemning at the same time? this is not character of God that's why we Muslims say your book is corrupted
Our book is pure you guys are scammed by Mohammed. Have you guys ever wondered why almost all the prophets in Islam are jews except mohammed? The blessings God promised Ishmael is the oil the Arabs control today. They however are denied peace. You don't question God my friend.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by godliman: 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2022
Onaopemiposi2021:
this ur bible gan ,how will u be insulting a prophet of God,abi na u dey form am!
Who dash Ishmael prophet. Ishmael was an illegitimate son, and not a prophet. Even Isaac the original son was not a prophet let alone Ishmael, Isaac is among the Patriarchs. It seems in Islam everybody is a prophet even Adam.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by zoedew: 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2022
It speaks volumes that Muslims insist on using Hijab in schools that have Christian heritage when there are more than enough public schools that have Muslim heritage to choose from. That is clearly not The Way of Peace!
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Reincarnation10: 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2022
Wetin concern me be say shots were fired, and a live was lost. Whoever did that must be fished out, and taken to court.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by LaRosa01: 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2022
the rules are not been changed, even if government stops the funding it would still be challenged by both federal and international law. wearing a hijab is a fundamental human right and one can be charged for discrimination. i think its the Christians who are not wise in there demand rather than make noise about hijab, they should demand all Muslim schools be opened up to Christian too and see how quickly they back off.

Nisiw365:
Go and read their agreement when government took over which states that all the doctrines and rules of the school would not be changed and besides the school have told them they dont want government funds anymore
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by tnerro1(m): 5:50pm On Feb 06, 2022
KingOfAmebo:

"How about this worn by Christian nuns or sister?...

Abi e still no resemble hijab for your eyes?" Village People Spokesperson.

So this one and the one you posted before are the same thing

Better go back to almagiri school 101, ur imam will be disappointed with you
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Haines: 6:27pm On Feb 06, 2022
godliman:

Our book is pure you guys are scammed by Mohammed. Have you guys ever wondered why almost all the prophets in Islam are jews except mohammed? The blessings God promised Ishmael is the oil the Arabs control today. They however are denied peace. You don't question God my friend.
Just Simple question you can not answer
and You talking without knowledge
Was Abraham peace and blessing be upon him a Jewish man?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Topzee109: 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2022
keystone123:

Take a look at what you wrote, you are not even ashame of yourself... Your religion is not preaching peace at all instead of you to say the truth you are there backing violence and troubles cause by your fellow islamiya. Can you allow this to happen in ansarudeen islamic school, islamiya school and the rest.. to allow christian student to pray in the muslim school general assembly alone is a problem.. to allow Christian student to have a fellowship is an issues in all islamic schools across Nigeria. In most of Christian Missionary schools, you will see mosque that is not enough ? Untill you control the school you Christian school claiming state own all the school, Are they bearing government secondary school? Baptist school indicate missionary school and stop causing more harm to innocent students..

Why not send you children to islamic school if you cannot obey their rule and regulation and allow peace to reign.

To all Christians in Kwara State, if you like vote for this type of governor again.. I have freedom of speech and l am entitle to my own opinion. In Saraki era you can never hear this kind of things. Everything was peaceful.. can you mention any meaningful thing this man has done in kwara since his inception ? He did nothing, as they say Saraki is bad and all of his lieutenant but they achieve so much during their tenor, they built so many industries infrastructures you see in kwara state today and encourage industries to spring-up : medical centre, primary health centers, Dangote flour, Tuyil pharmaceutical company, new stadium, built new central mosque in ilorin, built palace for first class obas and emirs, not to talk of roads.

what are the things present governor has done in kwara state than to cause unrest in a state of harmony. I am not a politician but a lover of peace and coexistence. Let your religion preach peace as they claim by character not by mouth/speech but by act. This is my submission.

Long live kwara state, long live, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
and you think you re making sense

blaming the governor for your religion's misfortune
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Microwhy: 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
Oddfinder:

Your post is not worthy of my reply because damn. Where i want start from? How can a man be soo stupid in spite of his education? See d gibberish u wrote up there..i de shame for u..i just want to correct something. Alcohol. Our christian God does not forbid alcohol bro, infact there's nothing like non alcoholic wine..wine is wine..and wine is alcohol.kindly refer to ur dictionary..wine in the means alcohol and its not a sin
You still lack knowledge.. Keep deceiving yourself..
Christianity my left yansh..
You better go do yahoo enjoy duniya now make u no do 2 zero.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by Nisiw365: 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2022
LaRosa01:
the rules are not been changed, even if government stops the funding it would still be challenged by both federal and international law. wearing a hijab is a fundamental human right and one can be charged for discrimination. i think its the Christians who are not wise in there demand rather than make noise about hijab, they should demand all Muslim schools be opened up to Christian too and see how quickly they back off.

Students wearing hijab is against the laid down rules ok
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move by LaRosa01: 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2022
it is not, as a matter of fact no school in Nigeria has the word Hijab on its rules.

Nisiw365:
Students wearing hijab is against the laid down rules ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Reacts To Human Rights Reports Alleging Abuse of Female IDPs in the North / We, Not FG, Developed Ebonyi – Umahi / FG Yet To Fix Refineries, 14 Months After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.