Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma (19997 Views)

Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma / "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by danot1030: 10:29am On Feb 06, 2022
Omanambala:

Alcohol is not for everyone, including kpoli. Alcohol should be consumed responsibly not getting drunk.

Marijuana:
Ancient Chinese didn't use marijuana for feel good....it has very powerful effect when used properly.

This is a fact many don't come in terms with.

Instead of people taking responsibility for what they do they blame substances for it. Everything God created has there distinctive purposes, it can be used for either good or bad depending on who is handling it. India helm has very good medicinal use if used rightly.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by AlomoReloaded: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2022
uglyafonja:
Alcohol may not be a sin.....But where the problem lies is the after effects....

Alcohol will always make you to think about fornication...
Alcohol will always make you to think to commit mastabation
Alcohol breed anger and hyperactiveness

The sad event is just enormous, if it is possible to avoid it, kindly avoid it.....

I have the urge to fornicate whenever I take alcohol....
Sorry sire, but your analogy is totally fallacious and all untrue sire.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by dsocioemmy(m): 10:34am On Feb 06, 2022
9jalyte:

Imagine someone like you calling someone's reasoning "shallow". Please, before you make Statements like this, be sure that you are making sense. Take this lesson for free, there is nothing like "non alcoholic wine". It is either wine or beverage. Every wine is alcoholic. And to make it clearer, during the time of Jesus, the technology to produce synthetic sweeteners/flavours were not there. Every product was from natural source/process. The bible mentioned (and it still common in Israel today) that the wine was from vines, and common sense will tell you that if you squeeze those natural juice, in few minutes they start fermenting, and that is the wine.

Also, some of you who claim that you don't take alcohol, but you take kunu, pap, fufu etc, or you do Pineapple or orange juice at home and it stays out for some time and ferments small. Do you know what is in those fermented foods? You can only say that the quantity is small, but it is there. So, it still boils down to the issue of quantity you take/should take.

I hope he reads this and learn grin

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by zakkxx: 10:36am On Feb 06, 2022
No be Catholic Church? That is we’re the Anti Christ will come from!!! I am not surprise

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Amumaigwe: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
All wines are alcoholic right?

Sheer ignorance.

No it was yoghurt He turned water into. Trying to be loud where the bible is silent is sheer extremism.. Extremism breeds terrorism.

5 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Kutunban: 10:41am On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Kindly state just one of facts he stated that proved that the wine Jesus turned water into was alcoholic.

If you are able to do so, it means he didn't state any facts that back that idea, but just facts that are irrelevant in this case

Moreover, what has the natural production of alcoholic back then got to do with the wine Jesus produced?

Did Jesus produce the wine through the same means used then?

The reason it sounds rhetorical to you is because you can't comprehend the sense in what I'm saying.

Jesus produced wine in a means that no one has ever done it before, so whatever kind of wine produced then is no basis to determine that which Jesus did. If you go back and look closely at the instance, you'd see that the reaction meant, it was a different kind of wine to what they were used to then, so shouldn't that alone suggest to you that it wasn't alcoholic as that which they often did?

If you have no qualms about taking alcohol, that doesn't mean you should drag Jesus into it.

I've been reading your comments and you sound offensive when giving points, your write up lacks logical points. I'll advise you shutdown your pride and think logically.

4 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by EmmaOgbu(m): 10:42am On Feb 06, 2022
efficiencie:

What about marijuana, crystalmeth, fentnyl, cocaine, sensimilla, tobacco, opium etc GOD created all these ones too na in the same sense as GOD created alcohol and you can take them in moderation too. Mumu reverend father teaching the very nonsense that has brought us to where we are today. GOD created fruits, man fermented it and produced alcohol. GOD did not produce alcohol, it is man's perversion of GOD's creation towards worshiping himself and his lusts. We teach abstinence from alcohol because it is addictive and could lead to young men.women squandering their lives, money and time on fruitless endeavors. We call ourselves Christians yet we strive so hard to bend, twist, caress, handle, massage and damage the scriptures to justify our stupidity yet we want atheists to see the sense in the shit we do. Is this the load of crap Jesus died for? What a shame!
Everything God created is good abi!
You said God didn't create alcohol, as a Clinical scientist i want to ask you, why did God create Alcohol dehydrogenase just as He created amylase in the mouth?
The real God almighty is not a confusionist.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by DonMekino(m): 10:47am On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Just imagine how shallow your reasoning is.

Not all wine were alcoholic, yet you believe that which Jesus turned water to, which was said to be 'good wine" was alcoholic.

Did Jesus brew the wine?

Have you ever heard of water being turned to wine before?

Have you ever seen or tasted water that was turned to wine before to conclude that it was alcoholic?

You obviously don't even believe that Jesus turned water to wine, but just chasing straws.
U are the ignorant one here. Wine is an alcoholic drink, there's nothing like a non-alcoholic wine....by definition, wine is alcoholic in nature.

7 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Nyanabo(m): 10:48am On Feb 06, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I will continue preaching to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open,

Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approved evidence of their existence.

Heaven and hellfire doesn't exist, no evidence.

Know this and have peace of mind.

It a good thing GOD doesn't need your approval or you evidence to exist.

JEHOVAH exists. Know this and be SAVED.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by EmmaOgbu(m): 10:50am On Feb 06, 2022
zakkxx:
No be Catholic Church? That is we’re the Anti Christ will come from!!! I am not surprise

So the Fr is an Antichrist?
You are wrong.
Go read more about the medicinal properties of alcohol.
Read your bible well (St Poul told Timothy something about alcohol).
Why did God even create yeast that ferment sugar to alcohol?
Why did He create alcohol dehydrogenase just like other enzymes in our body?
Everything God create is good right?

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Ethannathan(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Sheer ignorance.
all non alcoholic wine has a bit of alcohol (0.5% alc)
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Sebgajere(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2022
So how d hell did dis one come to being?
EnemyofGod22:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I will continue preaching to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open,

Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approved evidence of their existence.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Kinzo0917(m): 11:03am On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Not all wine were alcoholic, yet you believe that which Jesus turned water to, which was said to be 'good wine" was alcoholic.

Did Jesus brew the wine?

Have you ever seen or tasted water that was turned to wine before to conclude that it was alcoholic?

You obviously don't even believe that Jesus turned water to wine, but just chasing straws.
why wasting time replying him? . He is one of the head slammers

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by jaxxy(m): 11:04am On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Any reason to take alcohol until alcohol begins to take you where you no wan go.

Take it if u can moderate it like u moderate every other thing.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by AdetayoNL(m): 11:04am On Feb 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

Can you prove non-alcoholic wine exists back then?

Nowadays it's made by distillation, ultra filtration and a host of other scientific processes.

Alcoholic wine has been in your Bible since the time of Noah!

It is can be made by fermenting fruits in water in the presence of catalyst. This was common back then.

this is so apt.. a major reason Coca-Cola became so Popular was because it's actually the first none acholic drink(wine).... All wine in the Bible were from fermented grapes.. therefore, there is nothing like non acholic wine in the Bible

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by duality(m): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2022
nduprincekc:
Alcohol is medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma

What is your opinion about this guys ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6i4-mQICow

The Rev needs to be filled with the Holy ghost.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by EmmaLege: 11:10am On Feb 06, 2022
true sha cool
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by JustforMen: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

The problem is when you affirm the existence of a negative in a positive sense, you logically sound more stupid than the people you called brainwashed.

What is your evidence for the non- existence of God?

If you can have an intellectual debate and discuss on your claim, then you can go around being sure of something you don't know.

Before then, I won't go as far as you are blindly going.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by miketayo(m): 11:17am On Feb 06, 2022
uglyafonja:
Alcohol may not be a sin.....But where the problem lies is the after effects....

The sad event is just enormous, if it is possible to avoid it, kindly avoid it.....

that is what movies make you believe
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Peterosky(m): 11:17am On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Can you prove it didn't exist by then to conclude that the wine Jesus turned water into was alcoholic?

How many people have you heard turning water into wine before or even in the Bible days to arrive at this conclusion?
. The problem we have in Christianity is that we have many churches with different doctrines. Hence, many things are believed inline with our various doctrines making it difficult to come to a particular point where the truth is obvious.Now to the topic, there is nothing wrong in taking alcohol,and as such taking alcohol is never a sin.The Bible is only against you taking alcohol in excess where the alcohol may control you. God is against you allowing yourself to be controlled by it.The same thing with money and even the food you eat everyday. More so, the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy 14:22 to 29 has something to say about strong drink.I am sure you will like to read and be informed.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

Non-alcoholic wine was never known back then. The context of the chapter show it was booze, a top quality wine popular among its drinkers.

It was practically impossible to brew wine without alcohol back then. If it doesn't shack them they won't claim it was better than the previous they drank!
Comrade, u yarn am well!

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Masterito(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2022
Please define wine. You can freely check Google.
jesusjnr2020:

Sheer ignorance.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by diplomat058(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2022
The guy, "AntiChristian" has a better and sounder argument. Non Alcoholic wines are a recent phenomenon. The original concept of wine was intoxication, not flavor. I understand that you want to promote godliness and upright lifestyles, but that should not stop you from arguing with reason. If we have to lie or distort to push through a so called "truth", then it was never true in the first place. Wine is never the problem, abuse is. Just like Women are not the reason for fornication, lust is. Peace be unto you!

jesusjnr2020:
Can you prove it didn't exist by then to conclude that the wine Jesus turned water into was alcoholic?

How many people have you heard turning water into wine before or even in the Bible days to arrive at this conclusion?

8 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by ygowon: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Did Jesus brew the wine?

Wine is alcoholic. The one people claim is non alcoholic is not wine but fruit juice.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by miketayo(m): 11:19am On Feb 06, 2022
AdetayoNL:

this is so apt.. a major reason Coca-Cola became so Popular was because it's actually the first none acholic drink(wine).... All wine in the Bible were from fermented grapes..

fermented grapes are alcoholic. dont deceive yourself

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by ygowon: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2022
diplomat058:
The guy, "AntiChristian" has a better and sounder argument. Non Alcoholic wines are a recent phenomenon. The original concept of wine was intoxication, not flavor. I understand that you want to promote godliness and upright lifestyles, but that should not stop you from arguing with reason. If we have to lie or distort to push through a so called "truth", then it was never true in the first place. Wine is never the problem, abuse is. Just like Women are not the reason for fornication, lust is. Peace be unto you!

You gather senses. I dash u my like

4 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by iceybux(m): 11:21am On Feb 06, 2022
wine are always regarded alcohol in the old days and are alro ferminted ..so yes its alcohol..n it intoxicates..reason they merry when taken
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by frowland(m): 11:21am On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Sheer ignorance.

The technology to brew and extracting alcohol from wine wasn't discovered until about ~600 years ago.
Everyone before this period was actually drinking alcoholic wine.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by NigerianAngelo(m): 11:21am On Feb 06, 2022
Thank you for this your response my brother.

Spot on.

AntiChristian:

Non-alcoholic wine was never known back then. The context of the chapter show it was booze, a top quality wine popular among its drinkers.

It was practically impossible to brew wine without alcohol back then. If it doesn't shack them they won't claim it was better than the previous they drank!

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by ygowon: 11:22am On Feb 06, 2022
Wine was even offered as solution to suicide when life is not Sweeting u, haha

It's in proverbs
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by mediainc: 11:22am On Feb 06, 2022
uglyafonja:

Are you insinuating that 100% of people that drink alcohol does this?

Learn to differentiate those that drink from drunkards. Even the Queen of England drinks.

Work on your small mind, rather than think everyone is as weak as you.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by miketayo(m): 11:24am On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Sheer ignorance.

Non-alcoholic wine came into existence long after the death of Jesus..i doubt there were any in the 17th or 18th centuries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Kneels Down To Welcome Apostle Suleman In Sweden(photos) / Being The Odd One In A Sex-infested Society / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.