Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma (19995 Views)

Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma / "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Ddokie: 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
All wines are alcoholic right?

Sheer ignorance.

Chief there is nothing like non alcoholic wine. Wine is wine and it contains alcohol. Don’t hold brief for Jesus. What was made available at Canaan was wine not grape juice.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Ademoore07(m): 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2022
uglyafonja:
Alcohol may not be a sin.....But where the problem lies is the after effects....

Alcohol will always make you to think about fornication...
Alcohol will always make you to think to commit mastabation
Alcohol breed anger and hyperactiveness

The sad event is just enormous, if it is possible to avoid it, kindly avoid it.....

I have the urge to fornicate whenever I take alcohol....
If ur heart is clean, u won't think of those vices even if u are drunk.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by AntiChristian: 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2022
Obapemi:

Oga wake up!!!

New Living Translation
20 Wine produces mockers; alcohol leads to brawls.
Those led astray by drink cannot be wise.

READ THE BIBLE BY YOURSELF WITH HELP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

Read the wine miracle verses well!
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by perestroika19: 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Sheer ignorance.
From scientific point of view, it's not a wine if it's non-alcoholic. What most people call non-alcoholic wines are fruit drinks . In formation of wine, there must be fermentation of sugars in the fruits, in this case grape to alcohol . So , technically there's nothing like non-alcoholic wine. Even with distillation and various progresses in science, it's still impossible to have a wine with zero alcohol

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by AntiChristian: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
Benwallt:
How did you know the wine was quility?.

Because those who drank it attested to its quality being better than the ones they drank previously.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2022
Oops! I read that as Rev Fr Alomo.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by perestroika19: 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
ozonechrome:

You are actually the ignorant person.

Wine is produced from fermentation of grapes. One of the byproduct is ethanol.

Some companies remove the ethanol and it becomes not alcohol wine.

Most of the non alcoholic wines e.g Eva and pure heaven are actually grape juice because they were not fermented. Because of how ignorant and self righteous Nigeria is they don't label correctly.
So called non-alcoholic drinks are actually fruit drinks not wines because they are never fermented. Like you rightly pointed out, we have many hypocrites in this country
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
uglyafonja:
Alcohol may not be a sin.....But where the problem lies is the after effects....

The sad event is just enormous, if it is possible to avoid it, kindly avoid it.....

That's a new one (at the bolded). What next? Alcohol makes you think of idolatery?
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Sheer ignorance.

The one Jesus made from water was alcoholic, no matter what mental gymnastics people want to put to it.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by fof1: 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
nduprincekc:
Alcohol is medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma
What is your opinion about this guys ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6i4-mQICow

PREACHER...FAKE MINISTER...FALSE TEACHER...ENDTIME EVANGELIST...Pls Justify ur Indulgence and Appetite for Alcoholism. But Twist the Bible to ur Own hurt. Whatever Alcohol is...if it Breeds Evil and Sin as its End Products or By-Products...it is still Sin,Pls.

Alcohol Led Noah, Lob and other Holy and upright Men Astray. DONT BE TOO INTELLIGENT THAN UR TEACHERS OR MASTERS,PLS. Go and Read Ur Bible Again very Well Pls under the Lenses and Guidance of the Holy Spirit of God...and not under the Influence of Ogoro, Green Bottles or Kaikain,Pls
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 06, 2022
Jokerman:
Sometimes some voices are not God's

Like that of Apostle Paul that advised Timothy to take a little wine for his health? Or you're among those who love fooling themselves that was fruit juice?
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Ddokie: 3:35pm On Feb 06, 2022
EmmaOgbu:

As far as they were created by God, they are children of God.
God loves everyone, that is why He gave up His only begotten son that whosever believes in Him will have ever lasting life.

Who created gays and lesbians?

It is papa (Baba) headsmasher that created them. Don’t mind all these people displaying ignorance here. That someone is committing an abomination does not mean that God hates the person. God is love.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by SaturnNick(m): 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
uglyafonja:

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Benwallt(m): 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

Because those who drank it attested to its quality being better than the ones they drank previously.
Baba o. I give u hand

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Hiq0: 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2022
Oh
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Hiq0: 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

The one Jesus made from water was alcoholic, no matter what mental gymnastics people want to put to it.
Lol!

Keep deceiving yourselves.

Numbers can never change the fact that Jesus didn't turn the water into alcohol.

If your Jesus did it, that means your Jesus is not mine.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Verysmart101: 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
IamV:

You lots keep shifting the goal post to suit your selfish interest.
Even from a health perspective, you're advise to stay away from alcohol consumption, because of the long term effects it have on one's body system.

Stop being naive pls.Excessive alcohol.is bad but little to moderate consumption doesn't harm the health.Say wat you know.Studies shows that 1shot of whisky is great for the heart and reduces the risk of stroke.Do ur reserch well b4 concluding
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by IamV: 5:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
Verysmart101:

Stop being naive pls.Excessive alcohol.is bad but little to moderate consumption doesn't harm the health.Say wat you know.Studies shows that 1shot of whisky is great for the heart and reduces the risk of stroke.Do ur reserch well b4 concluding

K.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by aljpimp(m): 5:16pm On Feb 06, 2022
NwokoloOwa:

What is Lols about. Take correction, thank me and move on. I'm sure you have been running all over the net to check the new info but pride would not allow you. Even your Chamdor is a Red or White Sparking Grape Juice
Guess you know not what you’re talking . Alcoholic and non alcoholic red wine go through the same fermentation process .. the only difference is at the last stage in which the alcohol is removed .. baba not everyone is jobless to be busy with Nairaland
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by optimusprime2(m): 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2022
obailala:
Up till today, there is no such thing as non-alcoholic wine; that'sjust a paradox. If it doesnt have alcohol, it is not wine, and cannot be called wine. What most Nigerians call non-alcoholic wine is just sparkling fruit juices, e.g. Capel, Eva.

You are very right! No argument on that one sir.

Essentially,"Non-Alcholic wines" are a glorified name for bubbled fruit juice. Infact most "Non-Alcholic wines" have no grape juice but concentrated flavours.

Because most times, the Alcohol extraction process on pressed wines to obtain the non Alcholic versions are not usually 100% and left to stand after a period, the fermentation process is activated again which results in Alcohol build up... basically if "Non-Alcholic wine" is left open overnight, Alcohol builds up... why? because it already had Alcohol.

What people need to know is that there is nothing like 0% Alcohol free wine, as long as pressed grape juice is present in it, there is a percentage of Alcohol, just that it's kept to the barest minimum usually below 0.5%.

Except the wine is concentrated flavours and bubbles... like Eva grin
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by Benzemma(m): 5:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
uglyafonja:

That's you OOO, not me!
Anytime i take alcohol in moderation, it makes me forget my worries. That's is the only thing I benefit from alcohol. But am not a die hard drunker. I can stay a whole year without tasting anything alcohol and i will not feel it.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by africandollar: 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

Point is, you cannot categorically say it wasn't alcoholic wine Jesus made out of water. There's nothing to suggest that.

But if we have to go by logical assumptions, and facts, it will be closer to the truth that the wine then must have been alcoholic, too.

Anyway, this isn't a fruitful discourse. Best to leave it alone.

Abeg no mind that guy. always on the defensive rather than use his God-given brain. Jesus turned water into wine, pure and simple. How would the guests then drink wine that was better in quality than the previous one they had and yet he claims the 'better quality' wine has no alcohol?! Then they should have drank just the water then since they would have judged something non-alcoholic as of better quality. God would personally judge this kind of people for driving people away from his Kingdom on the last day with their stupidity!

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by taurusdude0(m): 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Sheer ignorance.
Come-on keep quiet,read your Bible it was alcohol,John 2:10, I don't think there is any way you would think coke tastes different after two bottles, and besides if you watch ancient Roman movies you would realize that they always took more of wine (instead of water) when they eat.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by countryman13: 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2022
uglyafonja:

U have so many problems which alcohol is not even part. are u telling me now that people dt doesnt drink are exempted from d above temptations? There is fullness of joy in alcohol. I have known d medicinal aspect of it for over 25years now so no amount of preaching or castigation ll stop me from taking d liquor especially palm wine n GIN(sapele H2O).
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by NwokoloOwa: 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
aljpimp:

Guess you know not what you’re talking . Alcoholic and non alcoholic red wine go through the same fermentation process .. the only difference is at the last stage in which the alcohol is removed .. baba not everyone is jobless to be busy with Nairaland

You have now abadoned your Chamdor Wine line and running up and down the ner. Na wa for you. You are just a difficult person. You can't make a good leader or even a good follower. Please, change your ways.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by BluntCrazeMan: 7:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Sheer ignorance.
When was the very first Non-alcoholic Wine ever produced?
Which year did they say that the Cana Water-to-wine Miracle happen again?
Utter Ignorance
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by BluntCrazeMan: 7:34pm On Feb 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Just imagine how shallow your reasoning is.

Not all wine were alcoholic, yet you believe that which Jesus turned water to, which was said to be 'good wine" was alcoholic.

Did Jesus brew the wine?

Have you ever heard of water being turned to wine before?

Have you ever seen or tasted water that was turned to wine before to conclude that it was alcoholic?

You obviously don't even believe that Jesus turned water to wine, but just chasing straws.
Wine drinkers that were there confirmed it was fresh wine.
And that the one that finished was old wine.
If he converted the water to something that was not the wine they were used to, they wouldn't have called it “Wine”, not to even talk of describing it with the type of wine which they were used to... rather, they would have been asking questions like:
“what kind of new drink is this??”
But no..
Their statement confirmed that the drink Jesus brought to them was familiar to them.
They called it Wine.
And the only wine that was in existence as of that time was the alcoholic sweet-sour wine,, and not the modern non-alcoholic sweet wines that we have now.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by BluntCrazeMan: 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

You've simply been asking him rhetorics without putting forward facts of your own.

Inasmuch as I would love to disagree with him, he's stated some facts.

The natural production of wine back in those times inevitably resulted in some alcohol content in them.

Does it feel awkward for you to think that Jesus turned water into an alcoholic wine?

If that's the case, I can tell you that it's only because of the connotation alcohol has today.
The stark truth is that Jesus Drank Alcohol well well.
That was why the Pharisees even had to insult him as a drunkard.
Just because those extremists don't take alcohol at all.
So, for Jesus to be taking it, they used it to insult him
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by efficiencie(m): 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2022
Oddfinder:

Oga please let's be logical in our reasoning
So sugar is bad because God put a special enzyme (glycogen) to convert excess sugar from our system?
U eat fufu,rice,eba,yam,etc and rely on that special enzyme to clear out the excess..does that make those food bad?

I agree that excess of everything is bad...but in the case of alcohol the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase clears it entirely from the blood. This is not a case of dealing with an excess rather it is a case of clearing something toxic from the body. I agree that some alcoholic drinks may have benefits but the recreational use of alcohol is just something we should frown at because it could lead to an addiction that could be tough to handle. Sugar also can be addictive and we are advised to take it with great caution considering that we eat a lot of carbohydrates.
Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by AdetayoNL(m): 9:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
miketayo:

fermented grapes are alcoholic. dont deceive yourself

Exactly what I said also

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma by eagleonearth(m): 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2022
uglyafonja:

you're completely right on this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion / Man Kneels Down To Welcome Apostle Suleman In Sweden(photos) / Being The Odd One In A Sex-infested Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.